Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Unsupported Age" Found Between baby and child lifestate in Sims 4 files -> Toddlers?

The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
The presence of a "unsupported_age" between "baby" and "child" somewhat caught my attention ...
640-0-Les_Sims_4_L_ajout_des_bambins_en_projet-1423317492.jpg

Source: https://www.directsims.com/page/les-sims-4-l-ajout-des-bambins-en-projet-805

Comments

• The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    Could this mean EA is working on toddlers for us at the moment?
  • MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    That would be brilliant. I hope that is what it means!
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    I'm sure I've read a thread similar to this where someone found evidence of toddlers in the coding. I'm certain that the conclusion reached was the EA had been working on them before release but they were scrapped due to time. This was months back so I can't recall the thread otherwise I would post it. It's akin to other scrapped ideas which were never completed but still have some remnants left in the coding.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    edited February 2015
    I heard a crazy rumor about the problems with toddlers dying in the pool connected to bad coding so they decided to take it out for release until they are able to fix it, but I think is just a crazy rumor/lies
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited February 2015
    After the outcry, it would be smart of them to at least look into trying to make them work. But, even though I'm pretty sure they're trying to figure out a way to incorporate them, I don't know what that means for simmers. If that means that it will happen or not (just because there's evidence of something in the code doesn't mean it will actually come to pass). Or if it does happen it will it be this year or two years from now? Patch or expansion? Who knows?
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    Nooooooooo, I don't want toddlers :'(
  • soph18049soph18049 Posts: 126 Member
    Fingers crossed! That's all I need!

...along with more addicting gameplay but hopefully Tods do the trick!
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I really hope that it's them working on the lifestage.. I need toddlers back. :x
  • kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    I'm not sure what they were thinking, but it does look strange to such a large jump, but there were a lot of people who complained about toddlers, you know the old saying "Be careful what you ask for". Like the movies when a Gene says you have three wishes. you get what you want but not the way you wanted and it always turns out bad.

And I would be very wary about what toddlers may end up like in TS4! Look what they did to babies. What you ask for may in no way resemble what you wanted!

kim :\

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    kimjo313 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what they were thinking, but it does look strange to such a large jump, but there were a lot of people who complained about toddlers, you know the old saying "Be careful what you ask for". Like the movies when a Gene says you have three wishes. you get what you want but not the way you wanted and it always turns out bad.

And I would be very wary about what toddlers may end up like in TS4! Look what they did to babies. What you ask for may in no way resemble what you wanted!

I think quite a few simmers are concerned about toddlers being stuck in a playpen... like a minor pet. :cry:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    kimjo313 wrote: »

I think quite a few simmers are concerned about toddlers being stuck in a playpen... like a minor pet. :cry:

As they did not consider them an important life stage to start with, yes I am very concerned with what could happen to them IF they are ever implemented!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

They only had over a year to add in the extra life stages. I'd rather them implement them properly (like they did with the Children this time) then quickly get them done (like they did with Teens).

But this would basically indicate Toddlers are in the works. They would have just removed the coding from the game, had they never planned to finish them :)
  • MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    They only had over a year to add in the extra life stages. I'd rather them implement them properly (like they did with the Children this time) then quickly get them done (like they did with Teens).

But this would basically indicate Toddlers are in the works. They would have just removed the coding from the game, had they never planned to finish them :)

They might not necessarily have removed the coding. Plenty of games have leftover coding from concepts which were removed.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    Or it's a terrible in-joke!
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    Would be nice if someone knew if the file always said that or only started saying that recently.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • hurfrhurfr Posts: 143 Member
    I think that if we do get toddlers we will get them before the years out. If not I just think they'll scrap it, too much time passed and all that.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    Shrug of horror the return of the nightmare age
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    There were also toddlers in some of files in the demo.
  • mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    Memina11 wrote: »
    Shrug of horror the return of the nightmare age

You are right. We should get washing machine babies...
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top