The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Silly Censored Words

Words for some foods are being censored and I am so confused! :shock:
The word being censored is really making me laugh because it's silly.
Fill in the blanks.

Cheese and ________

Soup and _________ instead of a sandwich, salad or toast.

Graham_________

___Jack is a brand for caramel coated popcorn mixed with peanuts.

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,438 Member
    edited March 2013
    The moderators on this site, just deleted a thread just like this one 2 days ago. But that word your asking about in some parts of the world (and it is in the United States) is used as a very bad term what others of different races call white people.
  • Options
    OriginalDigitOriginalDigit Posts: 248 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I noticed this strange censoring too when I uploaded a "greeting card" from my game onto the site. It was a Halloween greeting, but since it's the Sims, they call it Spooky Day. Nothing wrong with that, right? I mean, obviously they're using it in the game. Anyway, I was trying to be cute and creative with the subject title by putting "one for spooky, spooky for all." (But in this case, switch out the Y on the end for the letter S. Makes more sense that way.) Anyway, the word resulted in being starred out. I couldn't figure out why. I mean, I only know it to mean a few different things. To scare; something scary or creepy; or, ghosts. Somebody wanna explain to me what makes THAT offensive? Unless it's an offensive name for ghosts, I doubt censoring "spooky" (replace Y with S) is validated. o_O
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited March 2013
    I noticed this strange censoring too when I uploaded a "greeting card" from my game onto the site. It was a Halloween greeting, but since it's the Sims, they call it Spooky Day. Nothing wrong with that, right? I mean, obviously they're using it in the game. Anyway, I was trying to be cute and creative with the subject title by putting "one for spooky, spooky for all." (But in this case, switch out the Y on the end for the letter S. Makes more sense that way.) Anyway, the word resulted in being starred out. I couldn't figure out why. I mean, I only know it to mean a few different things. To scare; something scary or creepy; or, ghosts. Somebody wanna explain to me what makes THAT offensive? Unless it's an offensive name for ghosts, I doubt censoring "spooky" (replace Y with S) is validated. o_O

It can be used as a racial insult.
  • Options
    OriginalDigitOriginalDigit Posts: 248 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Arletta wrote:
    It can be used as a racial insult.

... Now that's just messed up. Does EVERY word in existence have to be debased at some point? Jeez... :|