Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Silly Censored Words

Words for some foods are being censored and I am so confused! :shock:
The word being censored is really making me laugh because it's silly.
Fill in the blanks.

Cheese and ________

Soup and _________ instead of a sandwich, salad or toast.

Graham_________

___Jack is a brand for caramel coated popcorn mixed with peanuts.

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited March 2013
    The moderators on this site, just deleted a thread just like this one 2 days ago. But that word your asking about in some parts of the world (and it is in the United States) is used as a very bad term what others of different races call white people.
  • Options
    OriginalDigitOriginalDigit Posts: 248 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I noticed this strange censoring too when I uploaded a "greeting card" from my game onto the site. It was a Halloween greeting, but since it's the Sims, they call it Spooky Day. Nothing wrong with that, right? I mean, obviously they're using it in the game. Anyway, I was trying to be cute and creative with the subject title by putting "one for spooky, spooky for all." (But in this case, switch out the Y on the end for the letter S. Makes more sense that way.) Anyway, the word resulted in being starred out. I couldn't figure out why. I mean, I only know it to mean a few different things. To scare; something scary or creepy; or, ghosts. Somebody wanna explain to me what makes THAT offensive? Unless it's an offensive name for ghosts, I doubt censoring "spooky" (replace Y with S) is validated. o_O
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited March 2013
    I noticed this strange censoring too when I uploaded a "greeting card" from my game onto the site. It was a Halloween greeting, but since it's the Sims, they call it Spooky Day. Nothing wrong with that, right? I mean, obviously they're using it in the game. Anyway, I was trying to be cute and creative with the subject title by putting "one for spooky, spooky for all." (But in this case, switch out the Y on the end for the letter S. Makes more sense that way.) Anyway, the word resulted in being starred out. I couldn't figure out why. I mean, I only know it to mean a few different things. To scare; something scary or creepy; or, ghosts. Somebody wanna explain to me what makes THAT offensive? Unless it's an offensive name for ghosts, I doubt censoring "spooky" (replace Y with S) is validated. o_O

It can be used as a racial insult.
  • Options
    OriginalDigitOriginalDigit Posts: 248 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Arletta wrote:
    It can be used as a racial insult.

... Now that's just messed up. Does EVERY word in existence have to be debased at some point? Jeez... :|