Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruRachel is back.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Idk who she is aside from she used to be employed then left and now she’s back apparently. She does not appear to be well-liked on the forum.

This positive play thing sounds kinda flimsy to me, I don’t truly understand the need but hey, sure, why not.

Let’s see how it goes.

At Electronic Arts, we believe in the power of positive play. So today, we are proud to introduce the Positive Play Charter - an updated set of community guidelines with clear consequences for players who
    engage in racist, sexist, ho-mo-pho-bic, and abusive acts in our games and channels.
    If we see someone being offensive or abusive, we’re going to hold them responsible for their actions.

Just wondering, but is the word ho-mo-pho-bic banned on this forum, and that's why you spelled it like that? Sorry to derail the thread, just curious.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,689 Member
    edited January 2022
    Wait. I read the link. Maybe I’m missing something. So, the community has issues with her because she explained that the team were prioritizing game mechanics over toddlers and pools on initial launch? Geez.
    You may remember her as the announcer from this infamous Sims 4 teaser presentation video.
    She enthused over "smarter sims" and a revolutionary emotion system. Looking back at this, I think she committed fraud! /jokes

Prior to S4 sims could not multitask, sims had to both be in the same plane to communicate, they could not communicate with more than one person or engage in group socials, and while traits were better in S3, the emotion system was definitely less developed. I think familiarity has bred contempt In some players. I hope Paralives is the sims replacement you’re looking for.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    No idea who she is other than what people have said in this thread, but from the sounds of it she's not reprising her role working on the sims and is instead working for the whole of EA, so it's a weird decision to bring back her simguru account.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,972 Member
    @bixters, correct. I had to edit after I saw it was filtered.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2022
    Idk who she is aside from she used to be employed then left and now she’s back apparently. She does not appear to be well-liked on the forum.

This positive play thing sounds kinda flimsy to me, I don’t truly understand the need but hey, sure, why not.

Let’s see how it goes.

At Electronic Arts, we believe in the power of positive play. So today, we are proud to introduce the Positive Play Charter - an updated set of community guidelines with clear consequences for players who
    engage in racist, sexist, ho-mo-pho-bic, and abusive acts in our games and channels.
    If we see someone being offensive or abusive, we’re going to hold them responsible for their actions.

It’s weird they have a whole publicized team for what is essentially the report button. It’s like they’re making it out to be bigger than it is. We can report harmful comments. Reports are reviewed and consistent abusers can be banned. So what. It’s a very common system among the gaming community and even websites in general.

Honestly, if I were Rachel, I’d consider working on this HR babysitting “feature” instead of working on the actual development of a game with all of the talent and degrees she has as a downgrade… unless she specifically wants an easier task at this stage in her life. We may never know.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,411 Member
    I'm glad she's back at EA. I'm always thrilled to see smart, competent women in leadership positions. Especially in an industry traditionally dominated by men.

This. I always had the impression that she is a nice and smart person. I remember her in that wonderful TS3 christmas video - those were great days.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,191 Member
    I'm glad she's back at EA. I'm always thrilled to see smart, competent women in leadership positions. Especially in an industry traditionally dominated by men.

This a thousand times. Thank you for saying it. <3
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options

Let’s see how it goes.

It’s weird they have a whole publicized team for what is essentially the report button. It’s like they’re making it out to be bigger than it is. We can report harmful comments. Reports are reviewed and consistent abusers can be banned. So what. It’s a very common system among the gaming community and even websites in general.

Honestly, if I were Rachel, I’d consider working on this HR babysitting “feature” instead of working on the actual development of a game with all of the talent and degrees
    she has as a downgrade… unless she specifically wants an easier task at this stage in her life. We may never know.

Not knowing anything about her responsibilities or motivation I'll just reiterate I'm glad she's back. 😊
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Who is she?

The one thing I remember her for is the very cringeworthy stage appearance when she said 'let's turn this press conference into a party...'

Iconic sims history and I'm glad it happened now.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Who is she?

The one thing I remember her for is the very cringeworthy stage appearance when she said 'let's turn this press conference into a party...'

It looks like her influence is already coming through

rachel.png
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    She is the one that didn't want Toddler's correct?
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Options
    Pipersfun2 wrote: »
    She is the one that didn't want Toddler's correct?

@Pipersfun2 here's the interview where she discusses why toddlers were not included at launch.

We’re less than 60 days out from the launch of The Sims™ 4, and I have so much I want to talk about. But let me start with a bit more about the decision we made not to include pools and toddlers in The Sims 4, as we’ve seen some of you have concerns about this.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/whats-out-and-whats-in
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2022
    I don't know why people are blaming her for toddlers? lol. Now unless she was the one that turned it into an online game Everyone knows the story of how ts4 started off as an online game. They threw together what they could as fast as they could. They are a business so they cannot say "sorry folks. We threw this together as fast as we could. Base game is bare but enjoy! 😉"
    Like maybe she prioritized emotions before toddlers but I believe toddlers were always coming either way. Sure the emotions system needs a revamp but I personally love that sims have emotions. And multitasking is a gem 💙
    I think she had a choice and chose to focus on the sims themselves first. Afterall, the characters are the most important part of a story. So maybe emotions did not turn out exactly as she had dreamed. But still she tried. Some love it some hate it. And everyone has their toddlers. Don't we all win?
    Not long ago my sim was sipping on coffee in the bathtub and chatting with a friend at the same time lol
    Post edited by Babykittyjade on
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    What is this gossip? She was against the toddlers?!?! :anguished: Just as I've been hoping for a family pack and toddler toys and clothing kits, this is the worst news ever. :joy: No, I'm just kidding, lol. I'm sure the team moved past this dark, bleak time and it sounds like she is doing something really interesting and important with EA's positive play. I would like to learn more about the company roles and how they work to create the Sims games I love so much. I would prefer to read newsletters or company blogs though and I don't think they have a regular newsletter or blog. I dislike twitter, although I follow SimGuruNinja because he is funny and post pictures of his cute dog.

I personally didn't give one dollar during that terrible time when they didn't think they needed toddlers, swimming pools or seasons. How many years was that? They should take note for series 5, I show up for the food, babies, toddlers, weather, gardening, swimming pools, hobbies, careers, aspirations, university degrees, occult sims and pets. It shouldn't take too many years to add all that. :wink:
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I’m a bit wary, as that was when the team was silent on toddlers and us family players were constantly begging for toddlers on the forums and social media for a couple of years until the toddlers finally showed up.

I’m hoping that family players will still be acknowledged in the future or in Sims 5’s launch next time.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Welcome back!
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,940 Member
    Not long ago my sim was sipping on coffee in the bathtub and chatting with a friend at the same time lol

@Babykittyjade I love that the bathtub is one of the designated locations for sipping on the beverages in this game! There are so many great little touches.

• Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited January 2022
    Idc if its a woman or man who helps develop or manage the Sims or Sims community, as long as the series gets good, worthwhile improvements im happy.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.