Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scenerios- Yes or No?

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited October 2021
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Will there be a scenario creator? Ya know what, as unimpressive as Maxis can definitely be, the community can take this system and make it something worthwhile. I look forward to that.

I would love that.

I'd also love to be able to share and download Scenarios via the Gallery as an official way to share and run challenges.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Seeing as how I never completed a challenge because, quite simply, I can't follow rules. :D I have always sort of followed my own rules when I play, and believe me I have tried challenges. There's a great challenge thread on Carl's site and tried several of those...did not work out well. With that being said, these scenerios could be a new way to play for me. As long as there aren't too many rules, I will definitely give it a go.

(Hey CK, is Frances in your library? I love her! <3 )
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    They’re not for me. I don’t understand the purpose. I never play official challenges either. I like to create my own game and rules.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Seeing as how I never completed a challenge because, quite simply, I can't follow rules. :D I have always sort of followed my own rules when I play, and believe me I have tried challenges. There's a great challenge thread on Carl's site and tried several of those...did not work out well. With that being said, these scenerios could be a new way to play for me. As long as there aren't too many rules, I will definitely give it a go.

(Hey CK, is Frances in your library? I love her! <3 )

The Sims 3?
    No. I stopped uploading creations in 2013.
    My challenge happened well after that. :/

It would be fun to make them over in TS4 just to see how close I can come to the originals.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I am not one to play the player created challenges, so no, I have no interest in scenarios.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I'm on the fence about them. I'm intrigued by what future ones could be. I think it would be a different way of playing. I'm more curious about them than excited. It's a wait-and-see thing for me.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    ImagebearImagebear Posts: 46 Member
    I always a fan of rpg games with multiple ending, so when they mentioned different outcomes, they totally got me. I hope it's meaningful rather than "oh you cheated to get money? Boo no reward". And if they really make it so we can have scenarios with existed hoelusehold, I can see them make it into normal legacy gameplay. I'm actually so exited about it. I'm gonna update my game in the first place and put away my mod folder for it. Hope it worth it.
  • Options
    Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    kiwi84 wrote: »
    I can understand why they are making them, there are a lot of players who don't know or play with challenges. But as a sims player who has played since sims 3 with challengers ( and I always start out with 0 simoleos each save ) I feel like the time they have spent creating this could have been spent on something else. I'ts not a big new feature, it has been done by simmers for years and years already

I'm God in my sims world. Or I'm a movie director directing a movie with my sims as the actors with a "Star" and "Co-Star" to play the leading roles. Right now I've created a Astronaut who builds the rocket ship and get infected by an alien substance that made him immortal. And the question is whether he can live with being immortal and watch all of his friends die or will he search for a cure to make him mortal again. While he is immortal he can have no children is the catch. So there's no need for EA to make scenarios for us. We make them all of the time ourselves.
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited November 2021
    [Deleted Post]
    Post edited by Trowicia on
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    I guess it depends in how in depth they are, what they mean by different out comes and what happens when the challenge is over. Do they just become a normal sim family then?
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    There are challenges which rules are really hard to keep track of but i don't think "ea's" will be hard.
    They've walked us through one challenge and there's basically one rule. Is it really that hard to keep track of the household value? It's just a simple addition you can do in your head: home value + household money. You don't even need to really add those values along the way, just make an aproximation. "Home is around 200,000, pocket is around 500,000. Ok, i'm not there yet, let's keep going...".

I don't believe any scenario will have more that a couple of rules, making it simple enough to keep track in one's head. If one's really had ever wanted to play in this way and that was the (non) issue...
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    Can’t say, haven’t tried them. Are they even released yet? 🤔
    At this moment the concept is still too vague as I don’t know exactly how they work. I think a challenge tracker is fine - personally I’m uninterested in money challenges or 500 toddler challenges. It’s like with any traits or aspirations, if one sparks my interest I will give it a go. If not, then I just keep playing the way I’ve always played, madhouse style.

I would like my sims to be more interesting and have meaningful characters. Main thing for me. I’d usually prefer to explore my own stories with them. I have many great stories in my head and none of the in game ones could possibly be as good as my own. 😇
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    At this moment the concept is still too vague as I don’t know exactly how they work. I think a challenge tracker is fine - personally I’m uninterested in money challenges or 500 toddler challenges. It’s like with any traits or aspirations, if one sparks my interest I will give it a go. If not, then I just keep playing the way I’ve always played, madhouse style.

I would like my sims to be more interesting and have meaningful characters. Main thing for me. I’d usually prefer to explore my own stories with them. I have many great stories in my head and none of the in game ones could possibly be as good as my own. 😇

Would be nice if challenges involved other elements too. 500 toddlers and 100 lovers sound tedious, might be more fun if it involved things like rock climbing, partying, gaining various skills and other endeavours in game. 100 giant pumpkins sounds more fun to me.🙂
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Would be nice if challenges involved other elements too. 500 toddlers and 100 lovers sound tedious, might be more fun if it involved things like rock climbing, partying, gaining various skills and other endeavours in game. 100 giant pumpkins sounds more fun to me.🙂

My hope is that they're modable. Even better if they'ld be customizable. I'ld def reinstall my game just to check it.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I have more thoughts.
    One thing I’ve learned from this Sims Team - everything has to be taken at face value. Any time I’ve thought, “there’s probably more to this than they showed”, it’s been wishful thinking. Yeah this is early in development, but I’m still not expecting much more out of this. The “different outcomes” can’t be new reactions, interactions or anything meaningful to gameplay- otherwise these features would be released for the main game too, and they’d tell us about them. Because those would be fundamental to how the game behaves and we don’t (and shouldn’t) have to play a Scenario to experience different outcomes.

Scenarios seem inflexible to me. We can change our sims’ aspirations at any time, it’s one of the things I really like about Sims 4. But once you are playing a scenario, what happens if you decide to change up how you’re playing? Let’s say you encounter a character that you want to use for some other purpose. Are you stuck with the original scenario? Is it just a matter of changing households to start a “regular” non-scenario game? It seems the scenarios will have varying household requirements, so I’m guessing that’s what it will attach to. I just wonder if it’s easy to change course and still be able to use the new save if you like it. Maybe there’s a simple way to cancel a scenario that they didn’t mention. I can’t assume anything beyond what they’ve shown because many times what I think should be obvious isn’t to them.
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    It's a no for me. I won't use this feature. I don't play with or like official challenges. My playstyle is more storytelling/sandbox, so scenarios don't interest me at all.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Im not interested. This isnt bringing anything new to the table, and simmers have been doing these sort of challenges for ages.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    I have more thoughts.
    One thing I’ve learned from this Sims Team - everything has to be taken at face value.

Definitely agree with this. When the sneak peek was announced and people started talking about cars and freed babies and open worlds my first thought was, "Somebody's going to be disappointed."
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2021
    I have more thoughts.
    One thing I’ve learned from this Sims Team - everything has to be taken at face value.

Definitely agree with this. When the sneak peek was announced and people started talking about cars and freed babies and open worlds my first thought was, "Somebody's going to be disappointed."

After seven years of having requests ignored can you really blame them for being disappointed?
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    It seems that the scenarios must start with a brand new sim (and only one sim) but I usually play people in groups from 2 up. Plus the money scenario seems boring, the rest are perhaps only, as a sideline from my legacy families.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I have more thoughts.

After seven years of having requests ignored can you really blame them for being disappointed?

Not at all. 🙂 But my point was that after 7 years expectations need to be tempered. Based on past disappointments.

• Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I have more thoughts.

I think people should know by now that things like open world or colour wheel is never going to happen. The core mechanics of the game is probably never going to change. Any new feature or pack they add will just add on to the core game. Expecting anything else will lead to disappointment. If you generally don't like the game then I doubt any pack or update would change that. They can improve it for you but it's not gonna make any core changes.

I think if they ever add stuff like cars and freed babies it will take awhile because I can imagine it taking a lot of work to make cars work in every single world. With babies idk but I think it might be difficult too since the lifestate already exists. Maybe it would break saves I don't know. I think because of how sims 4 was launched it made adding these things people want a lot more difficult. Because if they made the game with these features in mind then I imagine it would be a lot easier. But I know nothing about game development.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I say no, because I can't see how their scenarios will add any extra gameplay or originality. There was already a mod (Life Stories) for this type of thing that was released YEARS ago, plus I'm pretty certain most of us will have probably played out those scenarios already. I am currently playing Legacy style (and I do it my own way, I don't follow the official rules) and I don't need help with scenarios to play out. Sorry, but I don't think this is going to do anything other than be helpful for a noob who hasn't played before.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited November 2021
    No- I rarely play challenges and the only one that I have done is rags to riches and don't need this to be officially in the game to play it. For those who maybe need some inspiration then I can understand why they would like this feature but from reading on this forum a lot of simmers either play challenges already or their own gameplay style which don't need scenarios.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I come up with my own scenarios to play all the time I don't know if that counts
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]