Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Johnny Zest has the saddest backstory :(

Comments

• Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,449 Member
    I used household management to move johnny into the landgraabs then made sure relationships were correct in cas & moved him back out on his own. Then I used MCCC to alter the relationship between Johnny & Nancy to "really dislike" for a 50% hate bar ☺. I figured he knew it was her that disowned him so he hates her guts lol.
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I played the homeless teen challenge with Johnny Zest aged down as the teen. It fits in nicely with his backstory. I imagined he bought the trailer as his first home - so he lived "homeless" until he had earnt enough to buy it. (During the challenge I made him "buy" items from his trailer like the dinosaur clock and the rocket girl poster as well as his guitar. He also had to earn a certain amount before I awarded him an item of his signature clothes. I really enjoyed palying out the story of how the Johnny Zest personna came to be.

He is a lovely sim to play and @Michelei - everytime he got a notice that his grades had fallen he cried, especially when it became an F ( from not attending school) - so it fits with your lovely backstory. I love the idea of using MCCC to fix family relationships. He is now a young adult and has just started talking to Geoffrey so I might use your idea @Starfree. I am kind of sad I removed get famous as I would like him to succeed and rub it in Nancy's face. I have made a young rich female Sim who lives in the Oakenstead mansion (with her business manager mother and tech guru father)- she has just started dating Johnny and accepts him for who he is and respects that he has earnt all he owns - so things are looking up for him.
  • Options
    takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    Becka28 wrote: »
    I love the idea of using MCCC to fix family relationships. He is now a young adult and has just started talking to Geoffrey so I might use your idea @Starfree. I am kind of sad I removed get famous as I would like him to succeed and rub it in Nancy's face. I have made a young rich female Sim who lives in the Oakenstead mansion (with her business manager mother and tech guru father)- she has just started dating Johnny and accepts him for who he is and respects that he has earnt all he owns - so things are looking up for him.

Yay!! Go Johnny :) I think him finding a supportive significant other fits well in his story- that might be something I do later on. I feel like he would be the kinda guy to stay single until he found the perfect soulmate who stuck with him through everything. Currently he's rooming with one of my sims who's trying to make it as a musician, so I'm saving the romance for later.
  • Options
    @Becka28, feel free to use the idea ☺. And Johnny's close to being a two star celeb. Btw, Nancy called him with the "opposites attract" message lol
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited March 2019
    I felt so bad for him when I first read his story! He might be coming into my comic, through, as he remains the only Landgraab left after a tragic pufferfish incident.

@Pamtastic72 Just saw your signature. Congrats from me as well!
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    @Becka28 I wish I had thought of the homeless teen challenge when I was telling his story. What a great idea. In my current save Johnny is living his best life with Vanessa from Del Sol Valley. I thought he needed someone quirky, unique and in the entertainment industry.

Next I want to tackle the mystery of Bella Goth. I do not have a lot of time to play the sims right now so it is going to have to wait a bit. I am having fun exploring the lives of the premades. I wish I had done it sooner.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

Nancy let Johnny (he begged) move back in with them if he promised to leave showbiz. Well...he crossed his fingers behind his back. lol He does his comedy act in the evenings while Nancy criminals all night with Malcolm, but runs her restaurant by day having her mnions meet in the basement hacking servers. Geoff, Johnny and daughter Sedona are oblivious to her and Malcolm ways. Anywho, Johnny wants to shine bright in his career, married Don Lothario's and Nina Caliente's (who btw Nina is a detective but also Nancy's club hacker minion) daughter Donna and moved to Del Sol! There's more but I'm tired of typing. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    In my save Johnny's career just took a HUGE upturn. He got a career chance card that one option would let him go straight to the top of the comedian career the other he'd just go on as usual; guess which one he/I chose lol :smiley:. So Johnny went from level 5 to level 10 comedian in a click & is also now a two star celebrity. Take THAT Nancy hehehehe.
  • Options
    IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    edited March 2019
    I actually started playing him a few months ago. He hasn’t progressed far up the fame ladder because I’ve hardly played recently. I used MCCC to restore his familial relationships.

I feel really bad for him. I want him to be friends with his brother and marry someone. He deserves to be happy. When I last played him, he invited his mum over and they fought. They now despise each other :D
  • Options
    takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    edited March 2019
    Starfree wrote: »
    In my save Johnny's career just took a HUGE upturn. He got a career chance card that one option would let him go straight to the top of the comedian career the other he'd just go on as usual; guess which one he/I chose lol :smiley:. So Johnny went from level 5 to level 10 comedian in a click & is also now a two star celebrity. Take THAT Nancy hehehehe.

No way! He got the same chance card in my save (or at least one with the same outcome). I thought it was perfectly fitting. He’s worked so hard for this, he deserves a break!
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited March 2019
    This happened to one of my sims except it was his loving wife who trashed him.
    They really need to fix these little messages so only strangers or those with negative relationships with the sim send them.
  • Options
    Kwazie_kitty2015Kwazie_kitty2015 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, I'm Kristin. My username says Kwazie but that is the name of my cat & the year we (my family) adopted him. I play Sims 4 ALL the time on PS4! I really enjoy it. Johnny Zest is literally one of my favorite Sims <3 This whole story about him makes me sad :'( I had a dream that I brought my favorite Sim to real life & I also dreamed about me going inside the game & meeting him. I would love to do that, too bad it was all just a dream. I just don't understand why did a loving, caring, hilarious & outgoing person have to suffer through this with his horrible parents? THATS IT. I'm making myself as a sim & I'm going to help him through these tough times & even maybe get married to him on my game. Is it weird that I have a slight crush on him? He's just so handsome & cute o:) o:) <3 <3 If him & I were to meet in person (If he were real), I would totally confess my feelings about him. I dreamed about kissing him like oof. Anyway, I haven't been on this site before, but I'm glad to find it.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Wow. Knew I disliked nancy. Now I'm sure. Now I just wanna go home and make jonny a star.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I played the homeless teen challenge with Johnny Zest aged down as the teen. It fits in nicely with his backstory. I imagined he bought the trailer as his first home - so he lived "homeless" until he had earnt enough to buy it. (During the challenge I made him "buy" items from his trailer like the dinosaur clock and the rocket girl poster as well as his guitar. He also had to earn a certain amount before I awarded him an item of his signature clothes. I really enjoyed palying out the story of how the Johnny Zest personna came to be.

He is a lovely sim to play and @Michelei - everytime he got a notice that his grades had fallen he cried, especially when it became an F ( from not attending school) - so it fits with your lovely backstory. I love the idea of using MCCC to fix family relationships. He is now a young adult and has just started talking to Geoffrey so I might use your idea @Starfree. I am kind of sad I removed get famous as I would like him to succeed and rub it in Nancy's face. I have made a young rich female Sim who lives in the Oakenstead mansion (with her business manager mother and tech guru father)- she has just started dating Johnny and accepts him for who he is and respects that he has earnt all he owns - so things are looking up for him.

I posted this before @duhboy2u2 I really enjoyed this save and lately have come back to it. Johnny got engaged to his girlfriend who is a three star celebrity from achieving the artist aspiration and now becoming a good actress - and Johnny is almost at 3 stars and quite famous too (after some patches from EA I reloaded Get Famous ). Here he is receiving an award at the starlight accolades:

m5gTxZ5.png?1

Yes take that Nancy (I agree @Starfree )

@Kwazie_kitty2015 he is such a handsome sim is't he and so sweet and kind. My simself is a nasty paparazzi in this game so she can only be jealous of Johnnies beautiful fiance. A screenshot just for you :)

OtmnGkn.png?1
  • Options
    TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    I usually don’t play the Landgraabs, but I always imagined Johnny Zest as Nancy’s eldest son and she didn’t agree with his choices to step away from the families legacy of business dealings, shady or otherwise. Now that the Landgraab family has been added to the gallery, I want to expand on that. I know that teen Malcolm, and the Malcolm in the gallery family are supposed to be the same person (age him down and it’s the same Sim) But, I’m going to make the elder Nancy’s father, Mom the step mom, Dudley and Mimi her younger siblings, and I want to add another sibling
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I added him to the Landgraab family tree, made them hate each other and moved him to a starter apartment.

He joined the comedian career then got a chance card that promoted him to level 3 and gave him 1 star.

I haven't played him much since but I have no aging on so I plan to go back and help him max his career and fame, and go for an award at the accolades.
    For his relations he'll never be friends with Nancy or Geoffrey but I plan to mend him and Malcolms. No idea who to marry him to
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    sooo now that I have GF I finally decided to play The Legend johnny z so he can fulfill his dream of becoming a famous comedian. I'm having some struggles, but overall it's been fun. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for this guy. He got the public number quirk and today I got this text from the evil witch herself, nancy.

SxqsAkC.png?1

It made me so sad :'( the poor guy is just trying to live his best life. you've already disowned him... just butt out already! Has anyone else tried making him famous in their game? I really just wanna see him succeed :s

one of the most annoying features in get famous, public phone number :#
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Kwazie_kitty2015Kwazie_kitty2015 Posts: 2 New Member
    @Becka28 seriously he is so dreamy. No wonder I have a crush on Johnny! Your sim is so dreamy too oof😩😩💘💘
  • Options
    AnnaLoo91AnnaLoo91 Posts: 63 Member
    Old thread, but yes I did! I felt sad to hear his story. Actually, his has a happy ending in my game. ;)

He meets a beautiful woman (My MC) whom he ends up dating. She was working on becoming an author and he a famous comedian. In the end, they ended up married and both got to the top of their careers, becoming very famous in the process.

They now have five children, live in one of the wealthiest towns in the game and are the richest out of all sims in any neighborhood. Even got a call from Nancy asking to hangout and he declined, HA. Take that Landgrabb Fam!

The Zest Family are my Generational Fam. <3
    PromSig.png
    Zest Family Spawn: Promise Zest.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    I do play him, and in my game he is a comedian, but he never had any success. He married another not-so-successful comedian, and they had 3 kids, all grown up by now. He still resides the trailer lot in Oasis Springs.

Btw: I'll deal with my take on the Landgraab story in next season of my video series :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    He's one of my favourites <3 Also one of the few premades I actively play with (the others being the Vatores). Currently he's living in San Myshuno and dating Caleb, has reached the top of the comedian career, and... I still need to get him up to level 10 comedy (he's on like nine and a half) before I start him on the Friend of the World aspiration. Otherwise, he's doing pretty well!

And yeah, used MCCC to restore the familial relationships. He mutually loathes Nancy and Malcolm, but gets on grudgingly with Geoffrey (who he sees as weak for not standing up to Nancy, but who was never actively awful to him).
  • Options
    keke10keke10 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @takenbysheep said:
    > sooo now that I have GF I finally decided to play The Legend johnny z so he can fulfill his dream of becoming a famous comedian. I'm having some struggles, but overall it's been fun. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for this guy. He got the public number quirk and today I got this text from the evil witch herself, nancy.
    >
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > It made me so sad :'( the poor guy is just trying to live his best life. you've already disowned him... just butt out already! Has anyone else tried making him famous in their game? I really just wanna see him succeed :s

my sim has married johnny zest, and i'm changing her last name. would she be a langraab? I mean..johnny is really a langraab and zest is his stage last name. comment down below what u think.
  • Options
    > @takenbysheep said:
    > sooo now that I have GF I finally decided to play The Legend johnny z so he can fulfill his dream of becoming a famous comedian. I'm having some struggles, but overall it's been fun. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for this guy. He got the public number quirk and today I got this text from the evil witch herself, nancy.
    >
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > It made me so sad :'( the poor guy is just trying to live his best life. you've already disowned him... just butt out already! Has anyone else tried making him famous in their game? I really just wanna see him succeed :s

my sim has married johnny zest, and i'm changing her last name. would she be a langraab? I mean..johnny is really a langraab and zest is his stage last name. comment down below what u think.
  • Options
    I plan on getting my sim married to Johnny Zest, and I will change her last name. Would she be changed to Allie Langraab? i mean...johnny zest is really a langraab, and they will try for a baby while they're dating so i guess the child would be a langraab..i guess i'm gonna change johnny zest to johnathan landgraab.
  • Options
    > @keke10 said:
    > I plan on getting my sim married to Johnny Zest, and I will change her last name. Would she be changed to Allie Langraab? i mean...johnny zest is really a langraab, and they will try for a baby while they're dating so i guess the child would be a langraab..i guess i'm gonna change johnny zest to johnathan landgraab.

comment below what u think