March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Johnny Zest has the saddest backstory :(

Comments

• drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Many seem to dislike Johnny Zest. At least I come across several who do. I personally haven't played him much, but have been tempted to marry a Sim to him. It's nice seeing some like playing him.

How is that even possible? How can anyone dislike Johnny Zest? I have yet to play him but have had sims of mine date him.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited March 2020
    For some reason MCCC loves to break up Don and Katrina in my games and In my legacy game she and Johnny hooked up and eventually married. My head canon is that while he was never the superstar he had hoped to become, just a moderately successful comedian and lounge singer, they lived happily together until Katrina's death, when he became a ladies man. Johnny makes a great silver fox.

The Laandgraab family spectacularly imploded in that game and no longer existed by the time of Katrina's death. So he had the last laugh there. I was tempted to move Johnny into the mansion, but never got around to it.

Look out ladies! Heeere's Johnny!

HWsRcrh.jpg

I was taking headshots for the legacy family tree and noticed Johnny looking suave so I changed out that ridiculous chinstrap for a mustache more suitable to and elderly ladies man.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • PeppermixPeppermix Posts: 231 Member
    Yes, he became the hero who solved the Strangerville Mystery made by the very evil Landgraab Enterprises. He inherited a lot of money, got back at his family for disowning him and began dating his friend Alice Martin.

Now they have a daughter named Jenny and has a beautiful house on top of Shady Acres.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 949 Member
    edited March 2020
    At least in my game, he did not become really famous. He is an Elder now.

Unfortunately, I did not read his story nor his aspiration thoroughly enough. He retired as a professionel pianist.

Proof in Danish:
    12_03_10.png
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    I think, that Johny is younger brother Nancy. Or her son, but his father is not Geoffrey! If Geofrrey die so Nancy get BLACK Widow archievemnt! SO Nancy haved 4 other husband! Before Geoffrey!
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Where can I find the stories for the premades? Are they in the game somewhere?
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @WaytoomanyUIDs I love elderly ladies man Johnny. Swoon. He has won my heart.
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    Aww no Johnny is lovely! In one of my saves, he fell in love with the scientist single mum next door, and dotes on her son, he moved in and they tried for a baby (in the rocket ship no less) and succeeded and on the same evening Johnny was abducted by aliens, came back with his own on board passenger, they both went in to labour on the same day and now he has an alien toddler and twin human toddlers running round the house. That escalated quickly :sweat_smile:
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    edited March 2020
    I've basically wiped out the "Landgraabs" from the start and made my own version. I replaced them with the Ebabits. However, Johnny Zest, I let exist as a non-played character. Seemed interesting.
    Still, he seems to get all the bad luck! Heh!
    Hoping to meet this new popular person in town, Xaviera Bazinga, he gets struck by lightning while going to hang out at the old lounge in Willow Creek, . But his 'trailer-park' friend Chaella Revitus is their to give him a pep talk and try to cheer him up.
    QuclTKK.png
    jHNFDZR.png
    Cool thing is, I wasn't controlling either of these characters at this time. I was actually controlling Xaviera. It's cool how the NPC autonomy did an excellent job here.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    Johnny is one of the premades that is actually part of the rotational households that get the most attention from me and he was one of the first premade households I started playing with when my rotational game was young. I've always been a sucker for hard luck stories and when I found out about the possibility that Johnny is a banished Landgrab he got my attention. When he started working as a yoga instructor (when I plunked down one of the gyms that came with the Spa pack into Willow Creek) I finally started playing with him and created a backstory for him: His backstory is that his parents, Nancy and Geoffrey disowned him for reasons and Johnny took up his paternal great-grandmother's maiden name (his favorite grandma) and bought a trailer+land with the money that his now ex-parents(?) gave him to "get rid of him".

He got a job as a yoga instructor but always wanted to break into the entertainment industry and become a famous stand-up comedian. He has finally gotten his break and is now working in the entertainment career and lives in San Myshuno (the same apartment building as the Rasoyas'). But before he moved into the city at the urgings and support of his best friend Zoe Patel (who also is living in same apartment building) he got involved and fell inlove with an older gentleman (elder) who after a short relationship died of a heart attack. A heart broken Johnny took his friend's advice and moved into the city and got a roommate to help with room and board. He is now dipping himself back into the dating scene and has at least had one very successful date with the postman lady who delivers his mail. He is now on his second roommate (not because of any friction between him and the first one, the first one moved in with his now fiancée) and still lives in the city.

In my game, Johnny is bisexual and also gender fluid and I have set him as being able to wear female clothing as well as male and I gave him a new hairdoo and a subtle makeup.

I can't wait to see what his future will be.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    I moved in two other 'bad-luck' guys with Zest. (I decided to make him "gay") Him and the two guys showed up at Keriesha Calhouni's new place to welcome her in Oasis Springs. As NPC's. I like variety in my game, and Zest shows up all over the place where things are happening.
    DQYpbjQ.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,548 Member
    Wait, there's a playable backstory to Johnny Zest? I always thought it was so cold that his parents don't even feature on his list of aquaintances and they blank him in public. I've never received the nasty text messages.

So what's the GF referrerd to in the OP?
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    What's odd is they removed the family ties, I guess this implies they cut total ties. I always use MCCC to give him family ties. I like him and Malcolm bonding but him still hating his parents!
  • Seesin8Seesin8 Posts: 29 Member
    Check out my story with J. Zest.

https://imgur.com/a/H4PzE0R

This story can also be found in the "creative section" under "New Beginning - Nazario"

Thanks for your support!
  • Satell8iteSatell8ite Posts: 36 Member
    Haven't got the Get Famous EP yet but once I do he'll be the first Sim that I'll play and make famous. I'll make him enemies with the Landgrabb to get back at them for disowning him..mwahaha
  • RissaWolfRissaWolf Posts: 1 New Member
    Poor Johnny. I think his backstory is pretty interesting. I let him hang around my Sims and it's weird that when I ask if he has siblings, he says no. But Malcolm says yes.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    @RissaWolf Malcolm might have other siblings since your game started - check the Landgraabs and see if there are any additions! But yeah, the game as is doesn't have any relationship between Johnny and the Landgraabs, other than his description - when TS4 first came out, they didn't have family trees set up yet for family members outside of the household, so they couldn't specify at all. I use a mod called MCCC to re-add Johnny to the family tree (as Nancy and Geoffrey's older son and Malcolm's older brother).
  • CorgisAndPotatoes119CorgisAndPotatoes119 Posts: 3 New Member
    I kind of made him famous in my world. More accurately, his best friend/roommate (my Sim, Rhett) became a rich and famous boxing champion (thanks to mods). Johnny gained some fame due to being friends with Rhett, and used that to kickstart his career. They're now both famous, and living next door to each other in mansions in Del Sol Valley. Now that Johnny is a celebrity, his family has tried to come crawling back, but he made it clear that it's too late and that he's happy with his own life.
  • AnisEB97AnisEB97 Posts: 21 Member
    I love his backstory. It's a huge shame that they didn't take the time to code him properly. He doesn't know any of the Landgraabs, and can even freely woohoo with them because he has no actual familial connection.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Makes me feel better about going off on Malcolm last night. Actually didn't feel bad about it at all, only regret is I couldn't get the little evil coward to fight.

Johnny Zest to me has been just another townie the game pushes on me when I don't seem to socialize enough. After reading this thread I think I might give him more of a chance, after making him burn that ugly jacket. ;)
    The cake is a lie
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Since it's been bumped already, I'll give it my two cents before it's locked. xD

I normally don't play as premade Sims, but I made an exception with Johnny. He didn't achieve his dream of being a comedian, but he got fame and plenty of "revenge money", and moved into the mansion in Yuma Heights.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Landgraabs are always known to be mean to other Sims and the most entitled of the franchise, so doesn't come as a shock they would abandon a kid. Money and fame has always been their priority in life.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    90% of what people believe about Johnny Zest is just headcanon.

All we know is that he was disowned by the Landgraabs. Players can use him as Nancy's son, her brother, her cousin, her second cousin twice removed..... he has NO familial ties in his Relationships panel to any living Sim in-game.

If he was intended as Nancy's son, he would have that relationship to her. Instead they're complete and utter strangers.

Family trees were added after launch, but the game recognized brothers and sons from day one. He doesn't have that.
    wJbomAo.png
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    90% of what people believe about Johnny Zest is just headcanon.

All we know is that he was disowned by the Landgraabs. Players can use him as Nancy's son, her brother, her cousin, her second cousin twice removed..... he has NO familial ties in his Relationships panel to any living Sim in-game.

If he was intended as Nancy's son, he would have that relationship to her. Instead they're complete and utter strangers.

Family trees were added after launch, but the game recognized brothers and sons from day one. He doesn't have that.
    Not really true. Nervous Subject was abandoned by his mom too and his dad Grim Reaper and they didn't have a relationship either.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller