Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gurus, Why Does Dango Require Chopsticks?

worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
Seriously EA, dango is a finger food eaten on a stick! Have a look:

woman-eating-dango-picture-id141693947?s=170667a

See? No chopsticks required!

Comments

• Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    TS4 is the least detailed game out of the entire franchise when it comes to animations, sadly. Not surprising they didn't make a separate one for dango (although I feel like ice cream animation could be modified and re-used)

I don't know what they were thinking creating the food for CL but let me tell you, pho is definitely not spicy and yet sims will spit fire if they try it and don't even dream about feeding it to toddlers :/
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,007 Member
    Both of you have it all over me. I have no clue what Dango or even Pho is. I've experienced a variety of foreign foods in my life, too. Guess I have more to go. :open_mouth: Could be, the devs expected more players like myself who are clueless in this particular area. I have a son who eats popcorn with chop sticks. To each his own, I guess …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,790 Member
    agustd wrote: »
    TS4 is the least detailed game out of the entire franchise when it comes to animations, sadly. Not surprising they didn't make a separate one for dango (although I feel like ice cream animation could be modified and re-used)

I don't know what they were thinking creating the food for CL but let me tell you, pho is definitely not spicy and yet sims will spit fire if they try it and don't even dream about feeding it to toddlers :/

I like my pho spicy though, which is why I put sriracha in it. XD (The Vietnamese restaurant we go to has bottles of them on each table)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    edited September 2017
    Both of you have it all over me. I have no clue what Dango or even Pho is. I've experienced a variety of foreign foods in my life, too. Guess I have more to go. :open_mouth: Could be, the devs expected more players like myself who are clueless in this particular area. I have a son who eats popcorn with chop sticks. To each his own, I guess …

Eating popcorn with chopsticks is a very smart idea though! Your hands won't get greasy. In Korea we eat dried seaweed with chopsticks straight out of packets for the same reason (also flamin' hot cheetos :D )

@icmnfrsh I love sriracha so much I'd bathe in it but I've never thought of adding it to pho... Sounds interesting!

Overall I'm very happy about the inclusion of ethnic food. Just wish TS4 wasn't so lazily designed.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,790 Member
    It's soooooo gooooddd
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    You know I wondered about that as well.

Even though it has been close to ten years, since my daughter was obsessed with Clannad, I still sing the song each time Dango comes up...LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvzCmV3_12c

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member

Pho is spicy when I eat it. They usually have all the goodies on the table. Cilantro, Thai Basil, jalepenos, and chili sauce/srircha.

Dango, though. I'm going to have to try it.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited September 2017

Pho can be spicy. Trust me, as both a spicy lover and a Pho lover. But not all Pho is spicy, but it is pretty popular to get spicy Pho.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Mmmm.... I want a big bowl of pho right now. With chilies and cilantro and bean spouts and basil and a wedge of lime. Mmmm....
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Sriracha is good on everything<3
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,741 Member
    Yeah, I think Pho can be spicy or not. The one I had was non-spicy but I wasn't really a huge fan of it the first and only time I tried it. XD Maybe my mom didn't make it right. Haha.
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I've never eaten any of the foods/ingredients mentioned here. I feel uncultured.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
    I haven't tried dango or pho before either, and now I really want to.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I add hot peppers to pho but never sriracha. I think it ruins the taste but plenty of actual Vietnamese people I know disagree with me.

Idk but TS3 didn't have animations for finger foods like TS4 does...though why couldn't it be used for dango?
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Why did I eat lunch before opening this thread. I could have gone out for pho :/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Why did I eat lunch before opening this thread. I could have gone out for pho :/

This thread made me want kimchi ramen with soft egg for lunch and it was yummerific :D
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member

Pho is yummy! Head to your nearest Vietnamese restaurant & give it a try! I've never tried dango, and only recently heard of it when I subscribed to a Japanese cooking channel on Youtube.
    Gallery ID: LDM2