May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4: Sport Pack Ideas

Have your kids and teenagers join after school sports clubs and earn scholarships! If they perform well and attend training, they can go to nationals to compete and win trophies. Your sims can continue these as careers when they become young adults. As they get older, they can go into coaching, commentating, and punditry -- if they're rich enough, they can buy a team.

New careers: Professional Sportsman (branches off into specific sports), Manager, Coach

Sports included: baseball, football ('soccer'), American football, ice/figure skating, basketball, volleyball, gymnastics. (Maybe dance can also be included -- it's already in-game.)

New gameplay: Your Sim can attend training, practice their skills on relevant grounds (i.e. football pitch), go watch games in stadiums, go watch their kids' games, go to nationals, sponsorships for your Sims, being a manager (and having to maintain relationships with your players -- think a minigame version of Football Manager), doctors can now do sports therapy; your athlete Sim can get sports related injuries. You'll be able to see all these things, although you probably won't be able to control your sims during matches, but you'll decide what they do during training when they're alone I guess?

New items: Pitches (like we have the basketball court floors and nets), nets (for football/'soccer', volleyball), ice rinks, fast food carts (not stands like City Living), ticket booths (could also be used when you make cinemas!), sports memorabilia, new trophies/plaques/certificates/ribbons, training equipment, more gym stuff.

New clothes: Kits for specific sports, ice skates/sneakers, cheerleading uniforms, 'soccer mom' outfits, coaching uniforms...

New locations: Sporting capital with a huge stadium in the middle of the city.

Li'l things that can happen: Phone calls from potential sponsors, phone calls for your Sim to go to events and sign autographs (which give your Sim extra money), little events that pop up and tell you a kid admires your Sim and asks if you'll sign a baseball for them and stuff, meeting Sims that hate the team you play for and you get an immediate negative debuff on your relationship (as well as the opposite), asking parent Sims to play catch/help kids train, kids can ask for permission to attend games or travel to tournaments.

... Th-this is beginning to sound more like an EP, isn't it?

Anyway, what are your thoughts? What else would you like added to sports stuff? :) (I'm so scared of making forum posts lmao why)
xyIcMqt.png

Comments

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I dunno, maybe not a new sports career, maybe just an extension or making the existing ones active. Would love gymnastics though.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    renwo9renwo9 Posts: 31 Member
    Lots of great ideas here!
    Sul sul
  • Options
    dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member
    I would love to have this!!! It would add a lot of realism like being able to go out to the ball game
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    Tennis! Cricket! Rugby! Polo! I want loads of tennis shoes, skirts, riding boots, hacking jackets, gloves, etc. I realize the game has a particularly American aesthetic but I love fancy sportswear. :)
  • Options
    FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    i personally dont care for sports. Maybe if it were a game pack dedicated to just sports, but I imagine any sport in a stuff pack is just going to be so poorly done.

I would love to see some new fun ways to get the sims in shape. Like weightlifting with dumbbells, bars to do pullups on (it would be so fun to watch them struggle with it at the earlier level xD), maybe an exercise bike and an eliptical!
  • Options
    FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    > @Falynios said:
    > i personally dont care for sports. Maybe if it were a game pack dedicated to just sports, but I imagine any sport in a stuff pack is just going to be so poorly done.
    >
    > I would love to see some new fun ways to get the sims in shape. Like weightlifting with dumbbells, bars to do pullups on (it would be so fun to watch them struggle with it at the earlier level xD), maybe an exercise bike and an eliptical!

Lol sorry, I thought this thread was about the upcoming pack, didnt realize it was a suggestion for a new one! (Im a new member so I can't go back and edit it)