Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you guys and gals think of the 29th News for City Living ?

BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/sims-4-city-living-san-myshuno-explore

Hello, I was just wondering what you all are thinking bout the 29th News post, I think it looks pretty good, they even got new Snow Globes to collect, I can not wait to see what those look like, I was also wondering, We were to get a Raccoon but now we are getting a Trash Panda Bear? :)
Fixed a word, sorry.
Post edited by BlueBlack007 on

Comments

• Options
    SimsFangOGSimsFangOG Posts: 54 Member
    I am intrigued but I have learned to take all sims 4 news with a grain of salt. I am tired of constantly being let down due to high expectations. I hope this city life pack turns out to be lots of fun because I feel as though this is the last straw for many sims fans. I have a few friends who are HARDCORE sims fans from day 1 and they have all stopped playing the game. These are people who have stuck with the sims franchise since 2000. In my opinion EA needs to be very worried when these types of fans stop playing the game. For the sake of our beloved sims franchise I really hope City Life is what its cracked up to be.
  • Options
    SimsFangOG wrote: »
    I am intrigued but I have learned to take all sims 4 news with a grain of salt. I am tired of constantly being let down due to high expectations. I hope this city life pack turns out to be lots of fun because I feel as though this is the last straw for many sims fans. I have a few friends who are HARDCORE sims fans from day 1 and they have all stopped playing the game. These are people who have stuck with the sims franchise since 2000. In my opinion EA needs to be very worried when these types of fans stop playing the game. For the sake of our beloved sims franchise I really hope City Life is what its cracked up to be.

Yup I agree totally, I am also a Die Hard Fan from Sims 1 to 4 , only I have yet to get much of anything I use for My type of game play, so I am basically waiting for after Halloween or even the end of this year, then I will probably give up waiting as well.
  • Options

Yup I agree totally, I am also a Die Hard Fan from Sims 1 to 4 , only I have yet to get much of anything I use for My type of game play, so I am basically waiting for after Halloween or even the end of this year, then I will probably give up waiting as well.

Yeah.. I have recently gone back the sims 3 and I am having a blast! Almost 3 years apart from the game and I am so surprised at how much more complex and sandbox sims 3 is compared to 4. With my new gaming computer my NRAS story progression is KILLER! I can see every sim in the open world going about their lives with a purpose. I can see relationships being made and broken. I can see sims move to a different lot. These things make it so hard to get into the sims 4.
  • Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    Offensive
  • Options
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    Offensive

DAAAAIMMMMM! The SHADE of it ALL HONEY. The SHAEEE-DDD.
  • Options

Yeah.. I have recently gone back the sims 3 and I am having a blast! Almost 3 years apart from the game and I am so surprised at how much more complex and sandbox sims 3 is compared to 4. With my new gaming computer my NRAS story progression is KILLER! I can see every sim in the open world going about their lives with a purpose. I can see relationships being made and broken. I can see sims move to a different lot. These things make it so hard to get into the sims 4.

Aye, I kept Sims 2 & 3 on My computer, cause I always have to go back to them cause of the things missing from Sims 4, it just annoys Me that hardly anything that I use for My Gothic type game play, is no where to be seen for Sims 4.
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    edited September 2016
    Thanks for posting this, I didn't realize that they had posted more news. I think it looks like fun, and I hope the snow globes are animated. I think it would be more realistic to be able find a variety of different "castoffs" in the boxes left on the streets, but snow globes are good too. And dozens of new recipes! I was so disappointed that we wouldn't be able to build apartments, but I think they are there are so many new and unique features, it makes up for it.

edited the second time because the medical transcriptionist/editor in me just can't let the typos go :/
    Post edited by ClassicalSim on
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Thanks for posting this, I didn't realize that had posted more news. I think it looks like fun, and I hope the snow globes are animated. I think it would be more realistic to be able find a variety of different "castoffs" in the boxes left on the streets, but snow globes are good too. And dozens of new recipes! I was so disappointed that we wouldn't be able to build apartments, but I think they are so many new and unique features, it makes up for it.

Yes the Globes are what I wish to see, how they look and if they do anything, I am not sure how many there are, I do not think they said, but I guess I will find out if or when I get the pack, :)
    P.S. Your very welcome as well.
  • Options
    Dramatic-GamerDramatic-Gamer Posts: 713 Member
    The lack of stuff in this expansion pack is amusing lol , this just keeps getting better and better
    Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
  • Options
    The lack of stuff in this expansion pack is amusing lol , this just keeps getting better and better

YAS. Throw that shade Hunt-Tea...YAS bisshhh Yas
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,514 Member
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/sims-4-city-living-san-myshuno-explore

Hello, I was just wondering what you all are thinking bout the 29th News post, I think it looks pretty good, they even got new Snow Globes to collect, I can not wait to see what those look like, I was also wondering, We were to get a Raccoon but now we are getting a Trash Panda Bear? :)
    Fixed a word, sorry.

Trash panda is another name for raccoon.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited September 2016
    Thanks for posting this, I didn't realize that they had posted more news. I think it looks like fun, and I hope the snow globes are animated. I think it would be more realistic to be able find a variety of different "castoffs" in the boxes left on the streets, but snow globes are good too. And dozens of new recipes! I was so disappointed that we wouldn't be able to build apartments, but I think they are so many new and unique features, it makes up for it.

They didn't say there wouldn't be other collectables in them, just that new ones you might find are snow globes.

Mysims, VoidCritters, postcards and perhaps even crystals/fossils/metals are other possibilities.

I mean there won't be rocks to dig etc in paved areas, so it makes sense to replace them with boxes
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    A lot of knick-knacks for the crowds.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SimmingLoveSimmingLove Posts: 280 Member
    I'm personally really excited for the new careers, and the romance festival. I've lost interest in apartments when al the limitations were revealed, but it's whatever I guess
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I'm so excited about the snowglobes!!! I love collecting stuff.

This pack just sounds better and better. When I was like "ehh" at the start now I'm like "yesss!"
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    DilaxerDilaxer Posts: 270 Member
    The more news we get, the more dissapointed I become.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member

sounds like they're not that "HARDCORE" then lol. I've been around since Sims 1 and am very much enjoying it to this day.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited September 2016
    I love that we can find snow globes! I love collecting stuff in my game, too. I'm a big fan of finding the MySims Trophies. I hope the snow globes are pretty. I hope the Sims can hold the snow globes and shake them up.
    edited the second time because the medical transcriptionist/editor in me just can't let the typos go :/
    I used to be a copy editor (and later a reporter) so I laughed when I read this. I'm exactly like that. I tend to type fast, but I'm horrified if I make a typo because of years of training myself to not make typos. If I do make a typo, I feel like I have to correct it immediately even if it's something tiny and insignificant.

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited September 2016
    We have already had I felt two smaller and less fun pack with get to work/get together
    With this pack I can see getting some fun out of it but more restrictions with apartments and elevaters ain't going to do this pack any favours.

It already lacks lots and control with them to add to its problems and it's took another year like it took get together and dine out

3 expansion packs with such lack of control
    /options and smaller in size is just worrying at this point.

Will have to wait til November to see u guess
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited September 2016
    San Myshuno isn’t just a neighborhood or a place for your Sims to live in The Sims 4 City Living* Expansion Pack (coming November 1st!) – it’s an entire character by itself. We wanted San Myshuno to have as much character as our favorite cities in the world, so that when Sims go there, you can say “wow, that is new!” Let’s talk about some of the cool, weird things you’ll find exploring the city of San Myshuno!
    The 'entire character by itself' comment is a bit obtuse - we understand the 'city with personality' idea and I am personally looking forward to working with building traits. Also, after the second year of observation, we know that there isn't anything mysterious about the world and event layouts of The Sims 4, therefore I'm sure that no one is planning for any kind of exploration. We're just waiting for a set of functional objects for our characters to work with as well as the ability to fully manage zones and situation job assignments.
    Hit the Festivals! You may or may not know that San Myshuno is a city with festivals! Festivals are like venues that come and go, bringing with them new game-play, new stories, and new contests for your Sims. Festivals are perfect for foodies, lovers, geeks, and even those who love hunting for a good deal. Every neighborhood has a different festival, so send your Sims outside to join in the fun before they close!
    This is obviously targeted toward new players, and until we hear more about new social features, this sounds like nothing more than Get Together party events surrounded by building shells. We want to manage the objects rather than waiting for them to be set visible and only being able to use them within a 'special' zone.
    Try new foods. We wanted to make San Myshuno a diverse city with interesting cultures, and the most delicious part of culture is food! San Myshuno introduces food stands with dozens of new recipes. Plus, to make it a little easier, your Sims can learn the recipes just by sampling, which pairs perfectly with our new City Native Aspiration. Your Sim can really get out there and sample the world’s delicious cuisine!
    Until we hear more about meal effects and culture-related social features, this doesn't sound like anything more than a new text list. New recipe lists don't really add much to gameplay and we want our characters to spend less time eating and chatting at tables or in front of televisions.
    Grab some swag. Festivals are fun, but what is the point in going if you can’t take something awesome home? Don’t worry, we got you covered. Festivals all have Swag stalls to sell t-shirts, unique spices, special fireworks, and more to your Sims. Bring a few extra Simoleons and send them home with something that says “I was there!”
    This is the problem with the current version, as lovely as it is - our sims can't do anything more than state that they were there and there's never a reason to return.
    Collect snow globes! People throw junk out all the time in the cities, but one Sim’s junk is another Sim’s treasure! Keep your eyes peeled for cardboard boxes on the streets. Your Sims might find snow globes to complete the new collection.
    Woohoo! A new spawner to play with!
    Shoot some Hoops. We’ve wanted to add the basketball hoop for a long time, and San Myshuno is the perfect setting for this object. Your Sims can head to the court in the Spice District, or build one in their penthouse high rise, to shoot the hoops with friends after work. Basketball is the perfect way to burn a few calories gained eating samosas from the food cart, and to make new friends!
    Honestly, we don't need to know how long you've wanted to add the basketball hoop... I can appreciate the work however I don't have any characters who will ever set foot anywhere near one.
    Meet interesting new Sims. San Myshuno is filled with fascinating people. There are buskers hoping your Sims will spare a few Simoleons in tips. There are living statues who may, or may not, be convincing. There are tourists bumbling about. You might meet the next Sim that’ll be your Sim’s next roommate, or even soulmate. Or, perhaps you’ll encounter a bizarre…trash panda? We’ve said too much. Let's just say that San Myshuno is full of interesting Sims!
    I don't see any reason to believe that the trash panda will offer anything of interest since we haven't seen any sign of the existence or development of a functional object collection. If these mystery characters are offering snow globes and randomly generated instances of objects from the previous collection (or nothing at all) then I'll just purge the neighborhood and stop spawning.
    Try out Graffiti. We always want to give Sims a way to express themselves and affect the world around them, which made murals a perfect addition to San Myshuno. Sims who love to paint can shake their spray can to add graffiti, a beautiful community mural, or even deface something that a rival painted. Don’t settle for bland concrete when there are all the possibilities of a mural at your Sims’ finger tips!
    I don't believe that this appeals to the majority, however, I'm interested in the possibility of creating custom images on new surfaces.
    Master Karaoke. We're introducing the Singing Skill in The Sims 4 City Living, which means you may hear Sims singing joyfully, or badly, out on the street corner. Send your Sims to join with the sing along, or send them to the nearby Planet Sing-Pop Karaoke bar. Either way, music is in the air.... even if it’s sometimes off-key.
    This feature-set seems to be the focus of the entire expansion.
    Stand for a cause. Your Sims can try out three new careers in San Myshuno, including the Political career, which is perfect for Sims with a cause in their hearts and a sign in their hands. Sims can protest on the streets of San Myshuno, or if they move up in the career, they can give speeches to the crowd from their podium. Spread the good word and make the citizens of San Myshuno more conscious.
    The protests were amusing at least, and I can find uses for the podium, however I'm sure that everyone wants to know what these new objects and activities will apply to. There was no reason to create these events in the past and, without a 'protesting venue,' it isn't likely that our sims will organize in an entertaining manner.
    San Myshuno is a vibrant urban environment and the crown jewel of The Sims 4 City Living. We cannot wait until your Sims move into the city and hit the sidewalks to learn about all the content we’ve jam packed on the pavement, on November 1st 2016.
    My sims are anxious for november and hopefully they'll be able to meet some of the new sims they've seen in the travel commercials... and what happened to the comment about the city nearly being one huge sculpture in itself? That was hilarious!
    *Requires The Sims 4 game (sold separately) and all game updates to play.
    In my opinion, I should be able to play it with any title and on any platform!
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this, I didn't realize that they had posted more news. I think it looks like fun, and I hope the snow globes are animated. I think it would be more realistic to be able find a variety of different "castoffs" in the boxes left on the streets, but snow globes are good too. And dozens of new recipes! I was so disappointed that we wouldn't be able to build apartments, but I think they are so many new and unique features, it makes up for it.

They didn't say there wouldn't be other collectables in them, just that new ones you might find are snow globes.

Mysims, VoidCritters, postcards and perhaps even crystals/fossils/metals are other possibilities.

I mean there won't be rocks to dig etc in paved areas, so it makes sense to replace them with boxes

Good point, I hope you're right. :)
  • Options
    I am happy that they are finally bringing back the Podiums, can not wait to see them, :)