Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Imagine if The Sims 4 had graphics like this...

Comments

• Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I mean, when I google houses for Sims 2, I sometimes see a house and not realize its from Sims 3.

sims_2_modern_beach_house_by_ramborocky-d4nzuii.jpg
    sims_3_modern_hillside_home_by_ramborocky-d680gj4.jpg
    50902.jpg
    MTS_Perfectionist-1318132-Front2.jpg
    lehel01.jpg
    MTS_Alopex-1090142-Grocery2.jpg

The only thing that gives it away sometimes is the grass texture :p

The Sims 4 only improved a little bit but it does stand out more than the other two

1.png

No fancy images, just straight up what you would see in game.

I don't think they improved at all. TS3 has more texture than TS4, and that's what makes TS3 graphics better.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    It would not be the sims and some graphics cards might explode. Sims game right now (sims4) is catering to all players with good computers and so so computers, basically so more can play the game, more people playing, more money generated.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited November 2015
    @Astro wrote: »
    I mean, when I google houses for Sims 2, I sometimes see a house and not realize its from Sims 3.

50902.jpg
    lehel01.jpg

The Sims 4 only improved a little bit but it does stand out more than the other two

1.png

I don't think they improved at all. TS3 has more texture than TS4, and that's what makes TS3 graphics better.

The textures in the Sims 3 have no smoothing effect though, which makes it harsh on the eyes for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ2CGH2KHwQ

I look at the beginning of this video and there's so much sharpness in the garden especially around the fence and garden.
    That's why the Sims team flooded the newer worlds with so much bloom effect. Trying to get rid of the sharpness and oversaturation.

• Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited November 2015
    Game developers should not be compromising their games for so-so computers. If you want to play games, then you need to keep up with advancements in technology. Fallout 4's requirements are through the roof, but that didn't hurt their sales at all. If people want to play the game enough, they will advance their tech like everyone else.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member

50902.jpg
    lehel01.jpg

1.png

The textures in the Sims 3 have no smoothing effect though, which makes it harsh on the eyes for me.

I look at the beginning of this video and there's so much sharpness in the garden especially around the fence and garden.
    That's why the Sims team flooded the newer worlds with so much bloom effect. Trying to get rid of the sharpness and oversaturation.

What do you mean by smoothing effect?
  • Options
    s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member

50902.jpg
    lehel01.jpg

1.png

now i get why i had that feeling each objects doesn't linked at all and every items look all independent not mingled in world.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    No thanks. I prefer Sims 4 and Sims 3 graphics. I think the graphics suit each version perfectly.

I agree with this.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited November 2015
    Fallout 4 has pretty amazing graphics too I've heard:
    fallout_4_10.jpg
    fallout_4_e3_2015_7.jpg
    jpg
    PARENTS-107_610.jpg

On MTS they were looking at the realistic look of the thumb here:
    fallout_4_e3_2015_14.jpg

As far as the Sims games go, I hope they make two version like what they did with the Sims 2 for the next Sims game. It was wonderful having the Sims 2 for PCs and the Sims Life Stories for laptops. I really hope they do that again and I would love sequels to the Life Stories series.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    jsn wrote: »
    I wouldn't like it..
    I LOVE the new Tomb Raider reboot (and I'm really sad I can't play the new one for another few months when the timed xbox exclusive deal ends and it comes to pc), but for the sims i wouldn't want it to look anything like that.

When it comes to a blend of cartoony and realistic, I would kind like to see how a sims game would look in graphics similar to Final Fantasy 14 (not my pictures)
    ffxiv_ps4_140414_1.jpg
    20150324063616a0e1wbt6rch2oilp.jpg
    final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-character-creation3.jpg
    U1hDdmv.jpg

also imo this game also has some of the best hair; all of the choices have great textures and if i remember right most of them move when you run and stuff

I am in absolute <3 with these pics. I think a fantasy-inspired Sims World/Expansion would be amazing. I like the real stuff but I just want to do space/fantasy so much. Keeping fingers crossed.
    Yeah those are nice. But can my Sega Genesis computer play it? If it can't I don't think we should have a game like that. :|:|:p

Ohh. I prefer the way Sims 4 looks now. I just saw the fantasy-world and commented on how much I would like to play in one like that. Sorry, I wasn't very clear :smile:
  • Options
    peoplespartypeoplesparty Posts: 250 Member
    edited November 2015
    I wold cry because as soon as I would get on my computer would probably crash.
    Post edited by peoplesparty on
    635811694122995745-1577902652_halloweenpumpkinhead.gif

• Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Wow.. those Graphics are nice.. but i prefer sims 3 graphics, its the most realistic and updated graphics out of all 4 games without being too realistic or too cartoonish, its the perfect blend of both.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    mortia wrote: »
    Game developers should not be compromising their games for so-so computers. If you want to play games, then you need to keep up with advancements in technology. Fallout 4's requirements are through the roof, but that didn't hurt their sales at all. If people want to play the game enough, they will advance their tech like everyone else.

This is so true. The weirdest part for me is, since The Sims 3, 5 years went by, and they released The Sims 4 requiring less than TS3 to play. You'd guess that 5 years later the players would have better computers. But we all know why that was the case. olympus

I like The Sims 4 graphics, the worst problem to me is that it doesn't have the open world "wow" effect, when you look beyond your lot and there is an actual world to explore.
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    I don't think it would really feel like a Sims game if the graphics were pretty much like real life. I struggled to like The Sims 3 because of that. I can't really explain why but the cartoony look just feels right for the game. The Sims 2 was the best. It was cartoony like 4 but had richer textures. Sims 4 has gone too far with the oil painted look of everything. It could stand to have more detail but not in the way a ps4 games does.

Just my opinion of course.
  • Options
    CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member
    But the computers of these people are gonna fry and be sold at McDonalds as part of a combo meal #Potato
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    CandyCadet wrote: »
    But the computers of these people are gonna fry and be sold at McDonalds as part of a combo meal #Potato

*BA DUM TSSS.*
    mortia wrote: »

This is so true. The weirdest part for me is, since The Sims 3, 5 years went by, and they released The Sims 4 requiring less than TS3 to play. You'd guess that 5 years later the players would have better computers. But we all know why that was the case. olympus

I like The Sims 4 graphics, the worst problem to me is that it doesn't have the open world "wow" effect, when you look beyond your lot and there is an actual world to explore.

I agree. I really want to understand how other people think the opposite. I just don't get it.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I don't think it is quite possible to have a Sims game with that kinda good graphics unless everyone has a really amazing graphics card and processor.

If they are going to make the backgrounds (rocks, mountains, etc) look realistic, they would have to make the buildings look realistic as well. Since the Sims game is a 'customizeable' game, it will be too much for the computer to render the buildings you have built in real time, compared to games like Tomb Raider or most other games with awesome graphics as well, since you can't really change the scenery and architecture and these things are already 'pre-rendered'.

If we want graphics like this for the Sims, we won't be able to edit the lots at all, and I don't think we would want that, now do we? :wink:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    edited November 2015
    DeKay wrote: »
    I don't think it is quite possible to have a Sims game with that kinda good graphics unless everyone has a really amazing graphics card and processor.

If they are going to make the backgrounds (rocks, mountains, etc) look realistic, they would have to make the buildings look realistic as well. Since the Sims game is a 'customizeable' game, it will be too much for the computer to render the buildings you have built in real time, compared to games like Tomb Raider or most other games with awesome graphics as well, since you can't really change the scenery and architecture and these things are already 'pre-rendered'.

If we want graphics like this for the Sims, we won't be able to edit the lots at all, and I don't think we would want that, now do we? :wink:

I get what you're saying but I don't agree that a mere graphics upgrade would relinquish our ability to customize lots. I do however see that having an seamless open world instead could possibly lead up to the end of player lot customization. Then again, we're already getting a taste of that anyway with this sequel. So I see no difference.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited November 2015
    I know I can just ignore these threads and I usually do but I just gotta roll my eyes each time. This is a sims game and even though it's a simulator, that does mean it's the most realistic game out there because it's not. In my opinion it does not fit the image of "The Sims". Imagine a game looking like that and your sim takes an "angry poop". :| This series is cartoonsville. I do not see this game turning into super realistic game play with realistic graphics if there is a sims 5.

I actually don't mind the sims 4 graphics so much as it still feels true to the sims vibe but the games humor and charm is a little watered down compared to TS1 & 2. Overall I prefer the look of TS3.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited November 2015
    meeoun wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »

I get what you're saying but I don't agree that a mere graphics upgrade would relinquish our ability to customize lots. I do however see that having an seamless open world instead could possibly lead up to the end of player lot customization. Then again, we're already getting a taste of that anyway with this sequel. So I see no difference.

You're right. We might be able to edit lots again but the system requirement might be a bit too high, like maybe a GTA V type of requirement.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    The Sims 4 graphics style is one of the things I'm actually OK with. It doesn't really bother me. If they'd gone a little more realistic, I would have been fine too, but the slightly cartoony look works for me.

What makes me unhappy is that much of the scenery I like is a backdrop that my sims can't visit. That's what bugs me so much. I like the New Orleans themed look of Willow Springs, but it puts a huge damper on my gaming enjoyment that my sims cannot visit or live in the beautiful buildings in the backdrop.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I rather have Sims more cartoony, however, it would be interesting to demo graphics with some realism.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    The graphics are awesome. But thinking of the game play. Laura's a little robotish. I wouldn't like to play with the way you handle her while playing. It doesn't feel realistic. Beautiful graphics though
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I like the art style the game has. I actually prefer what we saw at GamesCom in 2013, versus the textures we ended up getting. (Ones at GC were a little flatter, and more painterly)

I just wish they could increase the polygon count. The pointy curves are a definite eye sore when playing on ultra settings.
  • Options
    lilyamelialilyamelia Posts: 47 Member
    I love the graphics in games like tomb-raider etc, but I think that part of what makes the Sims so popular is it's style. If it were so realistic, I think I'd almost feel a little bit intimidated to play. It would lose the 'innocent' quality that it has.
    what we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »
    I don't think it would really feel like a Sims game if the graphics were pretty much like real life. I struggled to like The Sims 3 because of that. I can't really explain why but the cartoony look just feels right for the game. The Sims 2 was the best. It was cartoony like 4 but had richer textures. Sims 4 has gone too far with the oil painted look of everything. It could stand to have more detail but not in the way a ps4 games does.

Just my opinion of course.
    I like the Sims 2 graphics the best as well. A nice compromise between cartoon and realistic would work well. I've always wanted a medium between the Sims 2 and 3. But I'd love to have the Sims 3 hair and eyelashes and CAST and Color Wheel back. Basically I want the Pixar look for the next Sims game. I think you hit it on the nail with the oil painting look.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller