Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Imagine if The Sims 4 had graphics like this...

Comments

• taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    Looks too realistic..for TS but I do get the appeal. :'D
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    So I was having a Tomb Raider moment earlier and for those who do not know, it is out on Xbox next week but as I am strictly a PC player, I have to wait until 2016 to play.

That game is beautiful but honestly I'd feel sad if TS4 looked like that. I guess I'm among the few but I love the cartoony feel of TS4. I feel like it adds back some of the light-hearted whimsy that was taken out of item descriptions and interactions over the years.

Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    OP I love the graphics of games like Tomb Raider and The Witcher 3. Some awesome details in environment and characters. I would want this kind of graphics for a life simulation game. I always think that besides The Sims, EA should make another life simulation game for the mature audience. Where everything is made realistic, be it the graphics, the environment, the sims themselves and the whole game play.

All the fantasy, exaggerated actions and emotions should be kept in the cartoonish Sims game but the new life simulator should have none of that. It should be true to life. Yes it will be creepy and I love it that way. I want just another life on my PC screen.

If not EA, I hope some other company will do this kind of life simulator. For me it wont replace The Sims but it will be another game that I will love to play besides the sims.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    OP I love the graphics of games like Tomb Raider and The Witcher 3. Some awesome details in environment and characters. I would want this kind of graphics for a life simulation game. I always think that besides The Sims, EA should make another life simulation game for the mature audience. Where everything is made realistic, be it the graphics, the environment, the sims themselves and the whole game play.

All the fantasy, exaggerated actions and emotions should be kept in the cartoonish Sims game but the new life simulator should have none of that. It should be true to life. Yes it will be creepy and I love it that way. I want just another life on my PC screen.

If not EA, I hope some other company will do this kind of life simulator. For me it wont replace The Sims but it will be another game that I will love to play besides the sims.

Another awesome reply from yourself :smile:

*does groovy dance*
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    So I found this picture in the my sims vision thread, now if sims and the world looked like this..I could get behind those kind of graphics. I don't find ultra realistic but still very nice. rachel_fox___portrait_by_torqual3d-d5l6glc.jpg[img][/img]
    giphy.gif

• SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    So I found this picture in the my sims vision thread, now if sims and the world looked like this..I could get behind those kind of graphics. I don't find ultra realistic but still very nice. rachel_fox___portrait_by_torqual3d-d5l6glc.jpg[img][/img]
    It's odd for me, because models like these would look perfect in mmo games, but for me, personally, i'd feel.. odd looking at them if they were in a Sims game. You know what I like about the Sims series, they're not only unique in gameplay, but in looks aswell. Minecraft is, well, blocky, but it's doing amazing because the gameplay keeps people entertained for hours.

Don't get me wrong, i'm a person who fangirls about extremely beautiful graphics, but i'd feel weird playing a Sims game if it were too realistic. I like how my sims in Sims 4 (and all the others) look different from other games. That's just personal preference though! :blush:
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • azxcvbnm321azxcvbnm321 Posts: 532 Member
    Exactly, the graphics don't have to be photo realistic, they just have to be much better than they are currently and do what other AAA titles are doing, pushing the boundaries and setting new standards for gaming. For some reason, other developers aren't worried that no one will have a GPU good enough to play their games. That's because they really aren't pushing the boundaries at all, they could do MUCH better, but the stuff you see for Tomb Raider is already held back so that mainstream GPUs can handle it. Now it's only the Sims (I can't think of another AAA series, can you?) that dials down the graphics even further so that Sims 4 has the same or less powerful minimum requirements than Sims 3!

I posted this on another thread, but I don't think a lot of people here are aware of what can be done in games today and that standards have risen a lot. This isn't meant to be an insult, it's meant to make you aware that your conceptions of what good graphics are, is totally different from players of other games. For example, a great number of people have voiced displeasure and disappointment over Fallout 4's graphics. That should say something to those happy and willing to accept the graphics of Sims 4.
  • getsims7getsims7 Posts: 20 New Member
    i used to imagine what would be like if the sims3 graphic looks good like pictures you posted.
  • Rojo De GuyRojo De Guy Posts: 784 Member
    There's a lot of beautiful and stunning s.shots in this thread! I'd love a mixture of these wonderful textures & true-to -life/stylized style for Sims.

I really hope they do a better job on world design for the Graphic's part. After seeing for myself in-game and then seeing another Simmer's view on the S4 worlds like this http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/858388/43-failures-negligence-in-the-worlds-of-the-sims-4-maxis-do-something-better-please/p1

I was disappointed at first, not that its a game breaker for me its just the immersion fades away :/ . Yet, GTW's Sixam World is gorgeously built though.

Hopefully GT's Windenburg and future contents will hold a better promise :smile:
    EfTVMcj.jpg
    "Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light"
  • getsims7getsims7 Posts: 20 New Member
    > @jsn said:
    > I wouldn't like it..
    > I LOVE the new Tomb Raider reboot (and I'm really sad I can't play the new one for another few months when the timed xbox exclusive deal ends and it comes to pc), but for the sims i wouldn't want it to look anything like that.
    >
    > When it comes to a blend of cartoony and realistic, I would kind like to see how a sims game would look in graphics similar to Final Fantasy 14 (not my pictures)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > also imo this game also has some of the best hair; all of the choices have great textures and if i remember right most of them move when you run and stuff

> @jsn said:
    > I wouldn't like it..
    > I LOVE the new Tomb Raider reboot (and I'm really sad I can't play the new one for another few months when the timed xbox exclusive deal ends and it comes to pc), but for the sims i wouldn't want it to look anything like that.
    >
    > When it comes to a blend of cartoony and realistic, I would kind like to see how a sims game would look in graphics similar to Final Fantasy 14 (not my pictures)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > also imo this game also has some of the best hair; all of the choices have great textures and if i remember right most of them move when you run and stuff

i love FF/s graphic
  • s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    i am not a big fan of cc but i like this kind of look (not my pictures, but one of my friends from simblog club)
    Uy4o71y.png
    1cIhxWf.png

ts4 has great light. Aside from being cartoon style, graphic is good i think. water texture of pool is beautiful (not flat at all) and default cloths are good but Items from stuff-game packs from cool kitchen, luxury, spooky, spa , etc. are much better though. When i compare items from original and items from another packs i find much difference in graphic quality. But need to be more developed .
    KuVco2O.png
    zaD8YwR.png
    lyBPdnk.png
    (still not my pictures)
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    So I was having a Tomb Raider moment earlier and for those who do not know, it is out on Xbox next week but as I am strictly a PC player, I have to wait until 2016 to play.

Anyway, I was messing around on Youtube and then saw some previews and trailers and what can I say? For the first time in over 10 years I am actually impressed with Tomb Raider, so rich and so exciting and in fact, I almost 'fangirled' which is something I never do ;)

Anyway, I was just wondering, wouldn't it be awesome if I could get that out of The Sims again. Now I don't think it would be fair to say that the TS4 graphics do not look good as that I my own opinion and I know that some players do like the look.

But imagine what it would be like if TS4 looks like this:

rise-of-the-tomb-raider-gamescom-0804-05-1280x720.jpg

Now that is what I call the wow factor! :smiley:

10563018_10153000381826158_2610457512035304064_n.jpg

I mean seriously, that is what I am talking about!

Now like The Sims, I am also very critical of Tomb Raider, in fact it was partially due to the disappointment that I had with TR 2013 which is what made me sceptical of new games anyway, needless to say that TR has also had its fair share of negativity from me but for the first time in donkies years, I am actually excited about a Tomb Raider again so why not The Sims?

Will I ever get that hype about The Sims again?

Just imagine how great The Sims would be if you could play in locations like this? Build a world looking like this (only more urban looking of course)

10390349_10153000381816158_6671990871449744779_n.jpg

The Sims, imagine...

Oh but sims can't have graphics like that. The people who don't have computers that can handle those graphics would feel left out and that's not fair. So, no one gets those high quality graphics (but apparently that's fair)..... :/:#
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I would take better graphics and texture quality any day. TS4s art style is too simple and just bleh. It looks OK, but it is definitely not what I expected from the game, 10 years ago, sure, but not now.
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    We already had the best graphics in the series with the sims 3.

We will never see Maxis attempt this again. Not with the low texture cartoon graphics for the sims 4.

I know. I hadn't played Sims 3 in a while (with 2, and viewing so much 4 stuff) that I forgot. I was in Sunlit Tides and I was just sitting on the beach with my Sim looking around. I literally can just leave SLT save running and enjoy the ocean sounds. It's so incredible, really.

I do think the "low poly" if you will look of the Sims 4 was more performance based than anything else. I think if we keep in mind that Sims 4 was designed as online MMO we quickly realize some things.

I do think the next "Sims" series will keep this cartoon style pixar style, but I think it will be like pixar 2010's not 2000's if that makes sense. I think the next series will be more graphically detailed. I've come to love the style of the Sims 4 upon release (not debut) but I do feel it still could have had more textures - but we see these changes as content keeps coming out. PPS really looks great - the objects have detail and textures. The newer content is more texture rich then the BG stuff was, and again it's because when they switched gears they also switched development, but clearly re-texturing so many objects in the BG would be too much work last minute. I mean, they scrapped 1/4 of the BG features just to get it out by their own deadlines.
  • EJosefinaEJosefina Posts: 37 Member
    To all of you saying that TS4's look suits the cartoonish nature of the game better than TS3, I totally get it. But to be quite honest, I really think The Sims-team seriously should hold back on the goofy and kind of childish gameplay and tone.

Like somebody already mentioned, I would love a more mature sims game with graphics to match. It could still be charming and whimsical. I just don't need the unnessecary and over the top goofy stuff for my main gaming experience. It quickly gets tiresome.

I remember TS1 being a much more mature (and outstandingly charming) game and I loved it for that.

Give us a TS5 with updated graphics, rich gameplay and vast creative opportunities I can almost promise that simmers are going to be willing to update their technology for it.

• KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    jaxie086 wrote: »

Anyway, I was messing around on Youtube and then saw some previews and trailers and what can I say? For the first time in over 10 years I am actually impressed with Tomb Raider, so rich and so exciting and in fact, I almost 'fangirled' which is something I never do ;)

Anyway, I was just wondering, wouldn't it be awesome if I could get that out of The Sims again. Now I don't think it would be fair to say that the TS4 graphics do not look good as that I my own opinion and I know that some players do like the look.

Now like The Sims, I am also very critical of Tomb Raider, in fact it was partially due to the disappointment that I had with TR 2013 which is what made me sceptical of new games anyway, needless to say that TR has also had its fair share of negativity from me but for the first time in donkies years, I am actually excited about a Tomb Raider again so why not The Sims?

Just imagine how great The Sims would be if you could play in locations like this? Build a world looking like this (only more urban looking of course)

The Sims, imagine...

Oh but sims can't have graphics like that. The people who don't have computers that can handle those graphics would feel left out and that's not fair. So, no one gets those high quality graphics (but apparently that's fair)..... :/:#
    That double standard very much irritates me.

My old computer could run Sims 3, but not for long periods of time (and that was with half the expansions). I didn't cry about how unfair it was and wish the game had low specs. I played when I could and bought a new computer when I was finally able to.

"Life isn't fair." - My mother, frequently when I was growing up.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
    Conclue wrote: »
    I do think the next "Sims" series will keep this cartoon style pixar style, but I think it will be like pixar 2010's not 2000's if that makes sense.
    Oh, no, no, no! Leave pixar-style to Pixar!
  • SlawfishSlawfish Posts: 431 Member
    I think Maxis has finally found the most suitable aesthetics for the game. It's stylized so clearly not everyone is going to like it, but it eliminates the creep-factor from a too realistic look on sims. The graphics have improved with each iteration, which is the least you'd expect from a new game. They could have made the world more realistic, but you also have to think about how the sims fit into the environment they live in. I like the way it is now. More polygons would have been great, but I'm not bothered about it. I like the textures, some things look better than other things, but I have no complaints. I hope they stick to this style in future Sims games and forevermore. There's always things you can improve on (I think if you can't see that, you aren't looking hard enough), but they've done a great job this time around.

Realistic looking games are tricky, they always look great in a screenshot, but once you jump into live game mode you really see how deceptive a screenshot can actually be.
  • EJosefinaEJosefina Posts: 37 Member

The Sims, imagine...

My old computer could run Sims 3, but not for long periods of time (and that was with half the expansions). I didn't cry about how unfair it was and wish the game had low specs. I played when I could and bought a new computer when I was finally able to.

I agree. I view games as luxury items and I think a life simulator needs lots of work and resources behind it in order to be entertaining and stimulating. As such, I think it's only fair that the game would have to require more from the gaming machines.

Don't get me wrong, inexpensive games are good fun and should be readily available, but the Sims is not that kind of a game.

The Sims, imagine...

I know, it's not fair on those who are still playing on PCs that predate 2009.

Just think about the platings who are playing on Windows 95? :astonished:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited November 2015
    EJosefina wrote: »

The Sims, imagine...

I agree. I view games as luxury items and I think a life simulator needs lots of work and resources behind it in order to be entertaining and stimulating. As such, I think it's only fair that the game would have to require more from the gaming machines.

Don't get me wrong, inexpensive games are good fun and should be readily available, but the Sims is not that kind of a game.

The (passionate) gamer in me completely agrees with you. The economist, however, couldn't disagree more.

TS4 somehow managed to meet the standards of a modern AAA-lifesimulation game without pushing the hardware-limits too hard. It's a pretty clever concept if you ask me.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    I prefer a less realistic graphics style for the Sims. IMO, Sims aren't and shouldn't be overly realistic.

That said, I think the Tomb Raider graphics are amazing and would work really well in other, somewhat grittier, games, like Mass Effect, Dragon Ages, and MMOs. They would blow me away.
  • TheDinorhinoTheDinorhino Posts: 618 Member
    Then it would be unplayable for 90% of players because it would run too slow (or not at all).
    Hello, good evening and welcome! My name is TheDinorhino but you can call me Dino for short. I love playing The Sims, especially designing and building within the game. Check out my YouTube channel if you want:https://youtube.com/channel/UCh16nY5NDnDUqzwTl0LC9Fg
    Origin ID: TheDinorhino
    Why is this in off-topic?
    Why is this in off-topic?

I guess that it was just too negative and the pics of TS3 are making TS4 look not as good so brush the problem under the carpet seems to be the easy option

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg