Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A reason I am annoyed.

JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
edited June 2015 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
My main disappointment with the Sims 4 is the lack of anything "Amazing" or "Exciting", emotions are nothing new, every other Sims game had emotions too, just lacking a green bar telling me my Sim is "Happy" after her daughter died in a fire. By new, amazing or exciting I mean something that will literally drag you to the store to buy. Sims 2 gave us 3D graphics, aging, toddlers, Sims 3 gave us open world and story progression, Sims 4 gave us "emotions" as well as other small things, I can't seem to remember anything else "new" that was added (except for small little features).

I could've let this slide if the devs showed they were planning to make the game better. Newcrest is a start, but the game is nearly a year old and the main problems haven't been acknowledge or adressed, so I can no longer take comfort in knowing that the game will soon be great, as it doesn't seem like that will be the case.

Before anyone bashes me for "complaining", you read the title, I expect you have the intelligence to work out wether you want to read the thread or no, so don't go blaming me for the fact that you clicked on this thread, not my problem. Also, I'm not trying to ruin the game for anybody else, it DOES have it's good points, but you can't use the good to hide the bad.
Post edited by JessicaSimston on

Comments

• Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    You might want to change your title as you can only speak for yourself.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    The Sims 4 gave us everything. We can do whatever we want in the Sims 4... When expansions, stuff packs, and possibly game packs if they are still existent start rolling out.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    You might want to change your title as you can only speak for yourself.

Agreed, done.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I just don't like the game telling me what my sims are feeling and telling me how to play. It gets too repetitive. There are other things. But I'm not going to get into it right now.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I think Build mode and CAS are amazing. The problem, a big one, is the gameplay or rather the lack of it.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    The game also added new cas, build mode, the ability to travel to diferent worlds without loosing anything, new multitasking and other small features.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    I think Build mode and CAS are amazing. The problem, a big one, is the gameplay or rather the lack of it.

So basically, the lack of "good" gameplay/
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I just don't like the game telling me what my sims are feeling and telling me how to play. It gets too repetitive. There are other things. But I'm not going to get into it right now.

Yes, that is one of the main problems that make gameplay boring and uninteresting.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options

Yes. I love build mode. It's the only reason I feel I haven't wasted my money yet.
  • Options
    youcrAzy13youcrAzy13 Posts: 213 Member
    okay.
    Always and forever, Alyssa Edwards
    bibbby%20b.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    The game also added new cas, build mode, the ability to travel to diferent worlds without loosing anything, new multitasking and other small features.

Yeah, they're alright, but the don't really enhance gameplay, when not directly focusing on them they don't really do much for the gameplay.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Hiya @LolTroll, have fun :blush:
  • Options
    Yeah, they're alright, but the don't really enhance gameplay, when not directly focusing on them they don't really do much for the gameplay.

They're pretty good. But those features don't benefit anyone who doesn't build or create sims. I benefit from building. But the gameplay is sorely lacking. I honestly get no enjoyment from GTW as far as playing goes. More goals don't really suit me.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

They're pretty good. But those features don't benefit anyone who doesn't build or create sims. I benefit from building. But the gameplay is sorely lacking. I honestly get no enjoyment from GTW as far as playing goes. More goals don't really suit me.

Agreed.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2015

I feel like they could have inovated a little more with the EP in terms of business and there were a good amount of threads that gave tons of ideas, I included gave my ideas at the time, escalators, more kid stands (we got none), being able to rent a store at a mall or something, a shopaholic and a business savy trait, so many things... I like the pack the most because of the active careers, I feel like it's a big step forward in comparison to Ambitions which was also goal driven, I don't mind goals. But the business part... meh.

I think it was a big mistake to combine the two packs.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I feel like they could have inovated a little more with the EP in terms of business and there were a good amount of threads that gave tons of ideas, I included gave my ideas at the time, escalators, more kid stands (we got none), being able to rent a store at a mall or something, a shopaholic and a business savy trait, so many things... I like the pack the most because of the active careers, I feel like it's a big step forward in comparison to Ambitions which was also goal driven, I don't mind goals. But the business part... meh.

I think it was a big mistake to combine the two packs.
    Me too. Honestly, I would've bought both the Active Careers and Business EPs if they weren't combined.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Edited original post, might make a little more sense now.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Deleted comment.
  • Options
    I feel I should say this again, if you like the game I hope I haven't offended you in anyway. I am not "bashing" the game just for the sake of it, I'm talking about problems that bother a LOT
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2015
    Only thing that annoys me is some details hinders my storytelling. I love the game, Though I need, more content to fully enjoy the game and play how I want... but I have to wait patiently.

Come on Seasons I want to put my sims in survival scenarios.

But aside from future content. I'm annoyed by some of the things in game that don't make sense.
    Like Nightclubs without DJ Booths
    Bartending at clubs/lounges without getting tips.
    Octogonal roofs.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Only thing that annoys me is some details hinders my storytelling. I love the game, Though I need, more content to fully enjoy the game and play how I want... but I have to wait patiently.

Come on Seasons I want to put my sims in survival scenarios.

I hope Seasons comes soon. I'd without a doubt buy it. Legacies are so much more fun when you have to find your Sim shelter in the rain!
  • Options
    Letty91Letty91 Posts: 432 Member
    my reasons for being annoyed:

Volume 1 of ???

- no dishwashers
    - maids that don't work (wouldn't be so bad if we had dishwashers)
    - no locking doors (unless you use a mod who was made by someone who doesn't charge $10 for a boring hot tub)
    - incest (WHY IS THIS STILL A PROBLEM??)
    - no way to properly contact EA with any of our concerns (no responses on facebook and was flat out told that the complaint department at EA "doesn't exist"
    - ONE SIM GURU who is (somewhat) active in these "official forums"

that's all I can think of right meow.
    Dear EA/Maxis,
    I am incredibly disappointed with the lack of answers provided by you in regards to issues and bugs with TS4.
    I will not be purchasing anything more from you until a proper venue for dialogue is opened.

Sincerely,
    A concerned simmer
  • Options
    Letty91 wrote: »

Volume 1 of ???

- no dishwashers
    - no locking doors (unless you use a mod who was made by someone who doesn't charge $10 for a boring hot tub)
    - no way to properly contact EA with any of our concerns (no responses on facebook and was flat out told that the complaint department at EA "doesn't exist"

We need more SimGuru activity here, but I think they forgot about us.
  • Options
    Letty91Letty91 Posts: 432 Member

Volume 1 of ???

- no dishwashers

it's not even that they have forgotten about us, it's that we are being (I believe purposely) ignored. Why is it that there can be staff hired who are charged with the duty of moving topics to their "proper" categories but no one is around who will actually interact with us? Since the beginning of this year oly TWO GURU's have introduced themselves to the community here. It's infuriating.
    Dear EA/Maxis,
    I am incredibly disappointed with the lack of answers provided by you in regards to issues and bugs with TS4.
    I will not be purchasing anything more from you until a proper venue for dialogue is opened.

Sincerely,
    A concerned simmer
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    edited June 2015

Volume 1 of ???

- no dishwashers

it's not even that they have forgotten about us, it's that we are being (I believe purposely) ignored. Why is it that there can be staff hired who are charged with the duty of moving topics to their "proper" categories but no one is around who will actually interact with us? Since the beginning of this year oly TWO GURU's have introduced themselves to the community here. It's infuriating.

But there is staff who's job it is to interact with us. It just doesn't mean that that's the entirety of her job. Her job includes talking to the developers about what we want etc. and reading what we write here (which is a lot of stuff!), and her job probably doesn't include telling us stuff that EA says they can't tell us. Plus she's not 24-hours-a-day.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.