Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PUG LOVERS UNITE!!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    DawnDeadDawnDead Posts: 63 Member
    Weathie wrote: »
    @DawnDead that's so sad about your first pug. You must have been heartbroken. I can't imagine how I'll feel when one of my four pass away. As for Pugsly, YAY! One of my pugs is a rescue, Myrtle. She was used for breeding and was going to be put down as she got too old to breed from and she also lost an eye.

@Weathie Awh, one eyed pugs are so cute! And more common than you'd think. Their eyes pop out very easily if something happens to their head. Poor thing though, but I bet she's adoreable.

Thanks everyone for saying sorry about my past pug, she was a good dog. But Pugsley is great too!
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I am sorry for your loss DawnDead but a new pug is always a salve for a broken heart, though of course never an actual replacement for our lost friends. If anything it just makes me hold on to the newer ones tighter.

I'm worried for my little Gena. She has been on chemo for the past six months and has mostly done well with it but she is having side effects lately, her joints are getting very weak and she has so much trouble walking around (unless there's food involved.) Yesterday she ran across the yard to bark at someone walking down the street and her front leg gave out and she just fell over in the grass and lay there. Of course I was right there immediately and helped her up. She seems to have recovered since, it just hurts my heart and scared me (and i'm sure her too) and I worry how much longer she will have some quality of life. Sad times but she turns 12 here soon and I'm glad I've gotten to know her these past 6 years....hopefully another year or two longer at least as long as she's in decent shape. Might just have to slow down some. I didn't take her to the vet because she's been able to get around the rest of yesterday and today.

Sorry to be a downer I just had to get that out because I've not been able to talk with anyone about it since it happened.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Awh, I'm really sorry to hear about Gena @jcp011c2 , just make sure she stays happy and not in any pain. That's the best thing you can do for her now. She's pretty old now anyway so she's lived a good life. <3
  • Options
    WeathieWeathie Posts: 486 Member
    @jcp011c2 I'm really sort to hear about Gena, but she sounds like in her mind she is as sound as ever! So her body is failing her? I bet she just gets on with it. Pugs are such clowns, nothing gets them down for long and it sounds like you're a caring, loving and patient owner which is exactly what any pet needs. Sending hugs to you and Gena :smiley:
    @DawnDead I just noticed you started a Youtube channel! I've subbed in anticipation for your videos! Hehe
    untitled-1.png

• Options
    @Weathie I have started one! I should get everything fully up and running by at the latest summer of 2016. Hopefully I can start sooner but we'll have to see. Thanks so much for the sub it really means a lot!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Pugvengers Assemble!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    FreyaBeaudilairFreyaBeaudilair Posts: 160 Member
    I'm getting a black female pug soon, I can't wait <3 I'm getting her after we come back from Holiday, since I don't want her to be sent off to a dog kennel a few weeks after I get her, I'm still trying to think of names though!
    tumblr_mr2vhoE4Pe1ruc3slo1_r1_400.gif
    PewDie_kissing_Maya.png
  • Options
    WeathieWeathie Posts: 486 Member
    I'm getting a black female pug soon, I can't wait <3 I'm getting her after we come back from Holiday, since I don't want her to be sent off to a dog kennel a few weeks after I get her, I'm still trying to think of names though!

Aww, I bet you can't wait!!

untitled-1.png