Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mesa Valley II . . . Populated in Testing =]

Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
edited December 2018 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
Mesa Valley II

In Testing..
Once I'm sure it's okay I plan to upload it...

In the middle of a lonely desert is Mesa Valley. . . It was nearly destroyed but now it's bigger, it's greener... it's still here.

Unpopulated On Exchange...
large.jpg
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5430905

Can only install one, not both. :mrgreen:

No 3rd Party CC included,
Needs WA/Amb/LN/Gen/Pets/(uses Free Store items like all the Ford Sets/Earth Day/Sims Collection)
Updated to 1.29.
65MB
Lots-114 (35 built houses[2 apartments])
Most of the Expansion spawners (some WA fishes/gems/plants).

There are many large lots- 2 positioned in/near town for ST lots.
Different areas with large Legacy priced lots...
Several empty medium lots in town and a lot of open space for more lots in the Desert. Different housing areas like a trailer park and the Horse farm area plus a distant Crater...

There are clubs, Ambition lots, Pet places, and fun lots like a Mall. There is no Chinese Garden or Academy (Dojo?).
It isn't populated yet, if at all.
Lots of space still available for more Expansions. :)

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg"

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Accepting any and all help in testing. :)
Post edited by Rflong7 on

Comments

• Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited March 2012
    downloading, and I'll give it a whirl for you; let you know if anything is amiss. Thanks so much ! :D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Thanks so much, Pary. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited March 2012
    I couldn't get on the forum last evening so I just saw this. I'll download and test tonight after work. It's looking terrific and I can't wait to see what all you've done since I saw it last. :-)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited March 2012
    the download is even just worth it to see that
    screenshot_original.jpg

love that look of it ! .. good job! ;)
  • Options
    RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited March 2012
    Yahoo, I am so excited. I just dl'd it and will start testing it this morning. Oh thank you Rflong. Jumping up and down with joy. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Thanks! :mrgreen: *fingers crossed*
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I got a chance to play for about 4 hours or so. I moved in 5 families in various parts of town. I love what you have done with MV.
    1. Alex Defangh lives in McApartment. Everything works. including mail box. No routing issues to city hall or Science Building.
    2. Jeannette Strange is in the Mesa Apartment. Very nice. Everything works.
    3. Arden Karson is in 70 Dusty Trailer Park. Everything looks good.
    4. Butter Road. I put the Nuveaux family in this very lovely home. Haven't found anything amiss.
    %. 80 Arroyo Circle houses Kiana Arribadiba. Beautiful home. Had her visit the Science Foundation. It is really unique. Like it a lot.
    20 Arroyo Circle houses Jordan and Fiona Hunter. Love this house. Since there were laundry hampers, I changed one of the small bathrooms to a laundry room, just because I wanted to see if it work out . It did. There was a small picture partially hidden by the drapes by the computer desk downstairs so I moved it over a bit. The dogwood vase blossoms went into the chandelier on the dining room table, so I replaced it with a smaller floral arrangement.
    On the outside wall facing in of the top floor room with the telescope and computer desk, next to the small round window one section of the wall was unpainted. You have to have the roof off to see it. I caught it just by chance.
    I had the Hunters visit the Ruined Lot...very spiffy. and the Pink Unicorn, very cute.
    Had Fiona visit the Mall, the museum and the Library. All very nice and fit well in MV.
    I will try and play some more tomorrow and move some of my sims to other parts of town. Wild animals are spawning. I found no routing issues. I did not experience any lags. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Thanks so much, Rukaya~ I'm writing it down. :mrgreen:
    *fingers still cross*

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Played for a few hours - no problems and everything worked fine. The only problem I encountered is that I placed some of the venues from ST from my bin and they weren't getting proprietor's in them. So I entered build/buy and picked up and set back down the stages. Still no proprietors. Then I sent my sim to visit a few of these venues and the proprietor showed up.

I'm not playing any sims in the performance careers and the world isn't fully populated yet so this is all just an experiment. No issues at all with your world so far! But I know that Pary and Rukaya don't have SHT so I thought I'd see how things go when adding it. Hope that's OK! :-)

Love everything so far - did you use that tornado (or something like that) command with the fog emitter? That effect is so cool. I remember that from before. Anyway I'll try to play some more tomorrow and report back.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Hi, :mrgreen:

Thanks so much, Tangie. :D

No- no tornado. Do you have the black cloud over the Cemetery in the distance? It kept starting that way for me too... so strange but I like it. :D
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited March 2012
    Love it!!
    I love that it's so open and that there is plenty of room for expansions.
    Will absolutely download. :D
    (Another Rflong to add to the collection.) :D
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    edited March 2012
    @Rflong: Yes, that dark swirling cloud over the cemetery. It's awesome. I thought maybe you added that effect on purpose! Back when some of us were playing a CAW Lane game in MV, I saw it then, too. I thought at the time that it had something to do with the Ghost buster career.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Tangie reminded me..my granddaughter, was watching me while I was testing MV, She saw the cemetary and thought it was so cool, great design, properly eerie. :D she was as impressed as I was with how beautiful MV is and just kept oohing and aahing over your houses and other buildings. Have a hugh ironing today, but will try to get some play time in.
    Tangie that is great that you are trying out ST stuff, I don't expect my stuff to show up for another week or so.
  • Options
    Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited March 2012
    I love it :D. I am in creative limbo right now, I have 5 worlds in various stages and no ambition to do anything so I may do some testing also. Looks beautiful!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Hi :mrgreen:

@ chesterbigbird ~Thanks. Let me know how it's working, if you have time. :D

@ HappySimmer3 ~I wondered about it too. Now I just expect it. :shock:

@ Rukaya ~Yay! I'm glad you both like it. :mrgreen:

@ Sneakfeline0 ~Hi, Thanks. :D
    Wow~ 5 worlds! Sounds very interesting -because you have so many ideas at once... I understand needing a break from CAW. :)
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited March 2012
    Woot, updated MV. Downloaded to test. Thanks, Rflong, for keeping up so well with all your worlds. Your efforts always put a smile on my face and I'm sure on the faces of others, too :)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Hi, DD! :mrgreen:

Thanks~ you're too sweet. :D
  • Options
    citytubecitytube Posts: 458 Member
    edited March 2012
    I love your worlds. Thanks for them. I played the old version of Mesa Valley and enjoyed it. I am on a brain drain mode now...from building...so I will download and test. Need some play time...and this will fill that need. Thanks again.
  • Options
    citytubecitytube Posts: 458 Member
    edited March 2012
    Would edit first comment but there seems to be no edit button.

I really like Mesa Valley II. I like the motel, and the little hermits cottage out in the crater, as well as both apartments.

I loved the one called the Old House...and you catch the southwest flavor in all of your housing. Loving it.

One thing I noticed, and maybe it is just my game, but you have many yards fenced in, with either no gate or just single gates.

Problem...I've had horses spawn inside a fenced yard, and if there is no double gate, they can't get out...they remain stuck. Also, I've had my own horses decide to go for runs, and they end up inside a fenced yard, who knows why, and once again if there isn't a double gate, they seem not to be able to get out.

Just a tip...and as I said it may be just my game. This did not happen in Mesa Valley II, but I've had it happen in my own worlds, and Appaloosa. It happened in the Berryville Empty world, and in Sunset Valley 2 empty world. Maybe it's my builds, however it did happen in Appaloosa, in an EA house I set down just to test.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Thanks so much, Citytube. I did forget about that. :shock:
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited March 2012
    Been playing most of the morning and having Linc take over the town as he usually does ;) Its playing perfectly for me. I've not had a hiccup yet, and it all looks wonderful - downtrodden, bare and grungy. I love it and I am so happy to have the original back. Thank you SO much :mrgreen:

Edit - My post is in regards to your new version of the original Mesa Valley, not the new lush one. I haven't looked at that one yet, but I will.
    Got all overexcited there for a minute ;)
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    DaisiesDayDaisiesDay Posts: 913 Member
    edited March 2012
    I am so glad to see this! I loved the old Mesa Valley, but when I had to install my game and reinstall it, I lost the file! I can't wait for this one! :)
  • Options
    DiancarockDiancarock Posts: 563 Member
    edited March 2012
    Oh it looks great...I love the moutain range, looks like Arizona. Once I'm done adding lots to Legacy Island for Showtime, I'll check this one out too... :D
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited March 2012
    I've been playing in MVII for quite a bit today. No hesitations and no routing problems encountered so far. It's really smooth running.

I did find 2 houses without lot descriptions: 1) 1 Butte Rd. and 2) 400 Sedona. The Sedona house is completely unfurnished and I almost dropped a sim in there from edit town when placing some families. Wow, they would have had a miserable experience, LOL.

I have ST installed but haven't tried to put in any of the venues. I wanted to be sure there weren't any problems encountered with the way you have it now. I would like to have ST venues in MV but I'm not sure the architecture of those from the EP will look right.

Anywho, bottom line for now is a big thumbs up! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Hi :mrgreen:

Thanks for the lovely comments! 8)

I'm glad you like and still like this world.
    And I'll fix those lots. Thanks so much. :mrgreen: