Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are multi purpose lots next?

DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
If multiple family residents on one lots is possible with For Rent then do we think multipurpose lots for commercial could be coming soon?? I would love to be able to have a gym, a cafe, a spa all on one lot
Go Raps!
canada-flag-tiny.gif
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,041 Member
    Well they have acknowledged that they know it's something many people want, so I'm hopeful we'll see something along those lines eventually. Hopefully before too long. Perhaps in combination with a hotell pack? *crosses fingers*
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    I've been thinking the same. *Fingers crossed*
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    I hope they understand what we want and not give us multi-purpose lots with multiple units like the multi-family lots coming in For Rent. I’m pretty sure that most players asking for it don’t want different functions on different units on the same lot.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

I think it can be done with the Recreation Center lot type. Since we can assign staff to the massage table, for example and the barrista/bubble tea counters and some other objects too, this should be possible.
    There is an awesome guide for the recreation centers at the Sims Community which can help you setting this up.

Quote:
    "A recreation center is the perfect place for family-friendly community learning and play.
    It’s an arts center, fitness zone, game room, and play space all in one."
    df0a0886d45252a0d6e875e111eadbce71de6b92.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    g01denswan wrote: »
    I hope they understand what we want and not give us multi-purpose lots with multiple units like the multi-family lots coming in For Rent. I’m pretty sure that most players asking for it don’t want different functions on different units on the same lot.

Depends on how separate the units have to be. Given that it seems we can rent out a room in a house in For Rent, from the description, I can't see how this would be really limiting for multi-purpose lots. It would make it pretty easy to go, "here's the retail store/bar" and "here's the living area," for example. That would work for any multi-purpose lot I can think of -- my greatgrandparents' store they lived above, the bowling alley my dad grew up living above, my friend's mom's hair salon room, my grandfather's first medical office, the building my son lives in with ground-floor restaurants and apartments above...
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    edited November 2023
    I wouldn't mind if they made it similar system to apartments but for businesses. This way I could have a bar that opens in the evening next to a shop that's open during the day, or even two restaurants side by side without customers and waiters mixing tables and such. This doesn't mean I wouldn't want more functionality for objects that are manned by NPCs. I would definitely like a bookstore or a library or museum with a coffee stand, would be great if my sim could even hire a barista or work there as a barista too. But I would also like a row of three separate shops maybe next to one another, for different things that I could visit on different occasions, and they would be fully functional on their own and not have to change lot type and what not and customers won't be spread out. Now if I make a bookstore next to a cafe, the customers will mix together and they will have coffee in the library and read books in the coffee shop and I can't sell both coffee and books. I think such a system might also be a good way to run a mall, if the loading system for the different sections isn't too disruptive.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    My only concern is that it would end up being a loading screen again with each new "lot type" on the same lot, like with the apartment rentals and knocking on your neighbor's door.

But, they DID implement Thrift store and Bobba Tea on one lot, so technically the coding is already there.

You would think all they would need to do is to assign any object that's interactive to actually attract NPCs to use them regardless of what type of lot it is. (At least in my little pea-brain, it should be easy ..... just tedious to do).
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    My only concern is that it would end up being a loading screen again with each new "lot type" on the same lot, like with the apartment rentals and knocking on your neighbor's door.

But, they DID implement Thrift store and Bobba Tea on one lot, so technically the coding is already there.

You would think all they would need to do is to assign any object that's interactive to actually attract NPCs to use them regardless of what type of lot it is. (At least in my little pea-brain, it should be easy ..... just tedious to do).

I think most people just want NPC staffed objects to be useable without having to hire the NPC. The thrift store clothing rack doesn't have an NPC though and you can pretty much place it on any lot and it will function. But with several NPCs on a lot you get the same issue we get with the restaurant and bar on a lot where the game treats all tables on the lot as restaurant tables and you can't have a separate looking bar next to restaurant or a Shushi restaurant an an Italian restaurant side by side because the chefs and waiters will go to whatever first station they decide to use. I have a lot in game with several shops and sometimes I find the employees even getting or giving foot massages at the spa chair also available on the lot.
  • Options
    However they decide to do them, I can totally see getting a lot of use out of multi purpose lots. I honestly would work with whatever system I can get.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options

Hopefully theres no loading screen!!! That would defeat the purpose! I want a mall or strip mall type venue!
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited November 2023

The boba tea isn't a separate type of venue, though. It's an object. The Thrift Store is the only venue there.

I suppose I can imagine how it might be done without a loading screen if there was ownership or a job at a venue in the same building as the residence, but otherwise I can't see that they'd be implementing no-loading-screen. There could just as easily be no personal connection between a household and a venue that's in the same lot, and I can imagine it would be annoying, then, to play as a different household using the venue and having that other residential loaded simultaneously. Or to be a household Sim living above a venue that was *always* active. I can imagine at least wanting to be able to turn off the restaurant business while I was playing a household living two floors above it, at the very least for performance. And what if we had multiple venues? Would they end up half-empty because they're all loaded and running? I worry it would end up a bit Sims 3-esque where for a lot of players venues tended to be quite empty. Personally, I'd rather wait a couple seconds during loading of something now and then than have everywhere be half-empty or non-ignorable. It's a tricky balancing act.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    In not looking to have residential dwellings along side community establishments but just a gym that is also a smoothy shop or a cafe that’s also a lounge or a cafe with a clothing store next to it but all of the NPCs show up without me having to get my sim to hire them. Much like TS3 or TS2
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    g01denswan wrote: »

Depends on how separate the units have to be. Given that it seems we can rent out a room in a house in For Rent, from the description, I can't see how this would be really limiting for multi-purpose lots. It would make it pretty easy to go, "here's the retail store/bar" and "here's the living area," for example. That would work for any multi-purpose lot I can think of -- my greatgrandparents' store they lived above, the bowling alley my dad grew up living above, my friend's mom's hair salon room, my grandfather's first medical office, the building my son lives in with ground-floor restaurants and apartments above...

Appears that you are referring to mixed function residential with community lots while I am thinking multi function community lots such as:

- A mall with retail shops and a food court
    - A hotel with a gym, a spa, a restaurant and a club
    - A book store with a cafe

I don’t see the point in having the ability to add all that to one lot if we’ll need to load them all separately like units anyway as we can already do that except that they’re on different lots.

I would like mixed function residential with community lots as well though.
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    LittleMsSam has a mod that I LOVE called "Next Door" right now it only has two next door types: Park next door and Cafe next door. Basically, if you add this trait and activate it, a fully functioning park or cafe will exist on your lot, so long as the requirements are met. I prefer this to mods (including hers) that just allow you to fill any vendor or NPC slots, because they don't attract the townies and townie behavior in the same way the "Next Door" mod does.

This is just a long winded way of saying the coding is definitely possible and a modder has already done it, and I would be very happy with similar functionality from the game. Even if only one additional "next door" type was allowed it would open things up dramatically.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,610 Member
    It's really well overdue because so many of the game's preexisting lots, willow creek's gym, the bars in windenbery, to site 2 examples are built suggesting such. It would make the game feel more alive and realistic.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,610 Member
    LittleMsSam has a mod that I LOVE called "Next Door" right now it only has two next door types: Park next door and Cafe next door. Basically, if you add this trait and activate it, a fully functioning park or cafe will exist on your lot, so long as the requirements are met. I prefer this to mods (including hers) that just allow you to fill any vendor or NPC slots, because they don't attract the townies and townie behavior in the same way the "Next Door" mod does.

This is just a long winded way of saying the coding is definitely possible and a modder has already done it, and I would be very happy with similar functionality from the game. Even if only one additional "next door" type was allowed it would open things up dramatically.

while little miss sam mods have not worked for me since cottage living update, I never saw or tried this one. can you send me the link?
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,676 Member
    As much as I would love multi categories per lots, I think the feature is too similar to For Rent, meaning I doubt it will drop anytime soon. There should at least be one EP in between. Many simmers are not into building.

But I hope this will come eventually. Maybe even as a free basegame patch to prepare the ground for a Hotel pack ;) I think a hotel could be a natural case of benefiting from multi categories. A hotel could then have both a restaurant, lounge and spa, and perhaps a souvenir shop, too :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    I was exited for multi purpose lots, but that dripped away when we discovered that multi units come with loading screens.
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »

while little miss sam mods have not worked for me since cottage living update, I never saw or tried this one. can you send me the link?

Hi Sorry for the delay! I tuned this thread out for the holidays. See below, the mod is actually called My Little Neighborhood. I really, really, really, hope she adds more lot types.
    https://www.curseforge.com/sims4/mods/my-little-neighborhood
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    If there really is a gaming gawd up there in the universe.... then yes, multi-purpose lots will be coming soon to the Sims 4. She'll make sure it happens for us.

B)

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,194 Member
    I think it's possible but loading screens
  • Options
    AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    I just miss in sims 2 when sims just used whatever I put down. Anything that brings me closer to that ill enjoy.
  • Options
    Akil wrote: »
    I just miss in sims 2 when sims just used whatever I put down. Anything that brings me closer to that ill enjoy.

This.
  • Options
    BearyBryBearyBry Posts: 88 Member
    I hope so, its daft that they've not been an option so far.
  • Options
    CelticlassCelticlass Posts: 38 Member
    While it would be wonderful to have several businesses on one lot, I would also like to see living areas added so a live-in business or businesses are possible. Selling from a table on your lot seems too much like a yard sale.