Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'd like to see them add a star wars stuff pack or kit.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited September 2023
    logion wrote: »
    No thanks. The sims team are finally making the more requested features that the community wants. Star Wars is not one of those.

For a while they did all sorts of weird packs and features that very few in the community asked for, meat walls, cleaning up trash from beaches, neighborhood action plans that spawned clay in sims inventories, kits with knitted sweaters with holes in them, and you want to go back to that? no.

The weird packs are fun, tbh.

Weird packs can be fun but I think one reason why a lot of people feel that The Sims 4 feels empty is because EA/Maxis spent resources making more unusual features that can't be used in future packs. We will get small kitchen appliances and a food market stand now which we can use in all worlds.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    rhalius wrote: »
    Oh I don't care about that war, the folks who want the regular every day stuff have been catered to extensively. High time they get back to more fantastical packs. Those of us who want that have gotten at least double of what Sims 4 ever did with it in every previous Sims game.

Star Wars has plenty of options, and well, the Batuu clothing is mostly pretty ugly and not anything that actually ever appeared in star wars. They are not putting the license to good use.

It's crazy sims can't even play a star wars game, just some lame EA sports games, tetris and some sims game which is rather meta.

I *cough* vehemently disagree with the bolded part. Batuu CAS -in my opinion- is excellent, Build Buy is excellent, simply because both don't scream "STAR WARS". Batuu CAS lends itself perfectly to medieval fantasy style gameplay. I use it all the time and, after the recent release of Horse Ranch I've used it extensively in my Old West save. The CAS & BB catalogue alone makes Batuu one of the most versatile (Game) Packs out there. Can't change my mind.

I'm going to be honest here... (not that I wasn't honest before) but... absolutely, JtB has its Cons, just like any of the packs. It depends on the kinda thing that would bother you as a player.
    As much as I'd love a Batuu upgrade or Star Wars pack with more focus on Force skills and droids that can follow a sim Beyond ThE pLaNeT OF BATUU (DARN IT!!) I don't care for existing characters. I want to create my own characters, my own Star Wars story, I don't need to fight against or be trained by what's their face from this and that movie. I don't care about any of that. Not once have I engaged in a fight with Rey or yer man, Kylo Ren. Couldn't care less. They have their own story elsewhere, I want mine. Playing out MY story in a Star Wars (inspired) environment is all I need. And a Sarlacc. A big, mean, hungry and very functional Sarlacc... >:)

Do I prefer non-brands in my game? Yes. I actually do.
    Thing is, The Sims promotes popular brands, it's their thing, so if it had to be any brand, Star Wars would be on my tiny list of choices. Once upon a time I put Star Wars down as one of those choices, when they politely asked. I've always been fully prepared to be thrown in the Great Pit of Carkoon. It's OK.

However...If they asked me "Captain good sir, what kind of content do you want right now? Fantasy or Star Wars?"
    I'd choose "Fantasy" at the drop of my helmet.

✨🧙🏼‍♂️🧝🏼‍♀️✨

I would agree that the Star Wars clothes made it possible for me to remove some cc-medieval clothes from my game. Little things like that makes it so much easier to create different types of stories.

I might get the new Stuff Pack, it might be useful. But it is things like Star Wars, occults and Strangerville that get me inspired and excited! That is the kind of pack that makes me start a new save, read all the thing and plan stuff in advance. The ordinary stuff gets slotted into the current save because it it’s there and might just be handy but I’m not as excited because it’s not my favorite thing.

Here’s hoping that the medieval pack will be exciting.
  • Options
    OccultmasterOccultmaster Posts: 125 Member
    edited December 2023
    Sorry, dragons and medieval fantasy before more scifi.

Actually Star Wars isn't a Sci-fi, anyone who thinks it's a Sci-fi doesn't know anything about Star Wars, Star Wars is a Space Fantasy, it has more Fantasy elements than Sci-fi ones, a Sci-fi series doesn't have Knights, Princesses, Magic or Swords,

If you want a Sci-fi series look no farther than those other guys with the Phasers.
    Post edited by Occultmaster on
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    They could legit make a Star Wars sims game with similar gameplay to Sims Medieval, with hero classes and quests that can affect the story.

Like imagine you could pick between several planets to become a regional governor of with different biomes. Like say, Tatooine, Naboo and Hoth. Each could have some quests unique to them as well as an amount of general quests, local populations could differ a bit too (Hoth would have few people) and all would share the same off world quests that heroes can go on using the space port that could function the same as the ship in Sims Medieval.

Your town could always start neutral, but can end up either as part of the Rebel Alliance or Galactic Empire but also go back again. Instead of a Peteran and Jacoban church, there would be a Jedi and Sith temple. Which would be further apart in more secluded spots, and they'd serve more as a mix of mages and knights gameplay wise. Could have a padawan or apprentice too, which would have a support role in quests like in Sims medieval the squire and church attendants have.

Instead of religion, there could be propaganda spread by all classes for either the rebel alliance or galactic empire, convincing the population to support one or the other. Staying neutral could also be spread as a message.
    By supporting the galactic empire or rebel alliance, some fitting attire could be unlocked for the various hero classes, and either the jedi or sith would not be supporting who is ruling and get unique quests to change matters. Others could too IF they support the side not in charge.

Governor would be a class that replaces the monarch, they would not have sword fighting but would have government tasks and could have a blaster pistol. Gunslinging could be a skill. Could be a practice range to fire at, but quick draw duels can also be held either for fun or to the death, like sword fights in sims medieval. (lightsaber duels could still be that too.) Governors can also send people to prison or to be executed, they would have various unique capabilities fitting with their position. Power for good or evil.

The spy could be pretty much the same, just using a blaster pistol and not a sword but would do all the spy stuff, having plenty of unique missions.

Doctor could replace herbalist, and would serve a similar function rooting out strange diseases, examining strange creatures found and all that.

Guard captain could replace the knight, taking care of security and standing closest to the monarch unless they are greatly influenced by either a Jedi or Sith. Some quests could focus on a bit of a rivalry there, wanting to keep their position secure. They can order regular guards about too (whose appearance can be customised with various uniforms.) They also use a blaster pistol.

Engineer could somewhat replace the blacksmith but would function pretty different. Would build all kinds of things and would have an astromech droid companion they also control to assist them. They can build weapons, armour and other things (Armour would not be visual, it would be like a protective vest that can be put under clothing so you can just wear whatever you want with it.)

Merchant would return, but they can also engage in some smuggling in addition to the usual merchant stuff.

Entertainer would replace the bard, they can dance and perform with instruments and would have the local cantina as their home which they could also have some involvement in running.

Bounty hunter could be a completely new class.
    They do the dirty work, chase criminals off world and are very independent, they can negotiate their fee. They use a blaster pistol but also have some other gadgets that engineers can help them with like a jet pack, grappling hook and such. They have all kinds of cool toys.

Droid would be the final class, also completely new.
    They can be upgraded in various ways which would enable new mission types for them, either in the protocol or battle droid directions. But always they have default droid stuff they can do like translate, walk into situations organics can't survive in or get hooked up to a computer.

In total, that would be a good mix of all the things and they could provide the outfits, haircuts and such to directly put in your favourite characters.
    Could be several playable alien species that would function slightly differently just like the different life states in the sims.
    Only near human ones could be playable but some others like wookies could make an appearance as NPC's.

The system of fatal flaws could be preserved, and there would be various other traits too.
    Force sensitive could also be a trait allowing heroes who are not Jedi or Sith to use lightsabers and sense some force stuff, but only Jedi and Sith could learn to use force powers. Some shared, and some unique to each.

• Options
    OccultmasterOccultmaster Posts: 125 Member
    rhalius wrote: »
    They could legit make a Star Wars sims game with similar gameplay to Sims Medieval, with hero classes and quests that can affect the story.

Like imagine you could pick between several planets to become a regional governor of with different biomes. Like say, Tatooine, Naboo and Hoth. Each could have some quests unique to them as well as an amount of general quests, local populations could differ a bit too (Hoth would have few people) and all would share the same off world quests that heroes can go on using the space port that could function the same as the ship in Sims Medieval.

Your town could always start neutral, but can end up either as part of the Rebel Alliance or Galactic Empire but also go back again. Instead of a Peteran and Jacoban church, there would be a Jedi and Sith temple. Which would be further apart in more secluded spots, and they'd serve more as a mix of mages and knights gameplay wise. Could have a padawan or apprentice too, which would have a support role in quests like in Sims medieval the squire and church attendants have.

Instead of religion, there could be propaganda spread by all classes for either the rebel alliance or galactic empire, convincing the population to support one or the other. Staying neutral could also be spread as a message.
    By supporting the galactic empire or rebel alliance, some fitting attire could be unlocked for the various hero classes, and either the jedi or sith would not be supporting who is ruling and get unique quests to change matters. Others could too IF they support the side not in charge.

Governor would be a class that replaces the monarch, they would not have sword fighting but would have government tasks and could have a blaster pistol. Gunslinging could be a skill. Could be a practice range to fire at, but quick draw duels can also be held either for fun or to the death, like sword fights in sims medieval. (lightsaber duels could still be that too.) Governors can also send people to prison or to be executed, they would have various unique capabilities fitting with their position. Power for good or evil.

The spy could be pretty much the same, just using a blaster pistol and not a sword but would do all the spy stuff, having plenty of unique missions.

Doctor could replace herbalist, and would serve a similar function rooting out strange diseases, examining strange creatures found and all that.

Guard captain could replace the knight, taking care of security and standing closest to the monarch unless they are greatly influenced by either a Jedi or Sith. Some quests could focus on a bit of a rivalry there, wanting to keep their position secure. They can order regular guards about too (whose appearance can be customised with various uniforms.) They also use a blaster pistol.

Engineer could somewhat replace the blacksmith but would function pretty different. Would build all kinds of things and would have an astromech droid companion they also control to assist them. They can build weapons, armour and other things (Armour would not be visual, it would be like a protective vest that can be put under clothing so you can just wear whatever you want with it.)

Merchant would return, but they can also engage in some smuggling in addition to the usual merchant stuff.

Entertainer would replace the bard, they can dance and perform with instruments and would have the local cantina as their home which they could also have some involvement in running.

Bounty hunter could be a completely new class.
    They do the dirty work, chase criminals off world and are very independent, they can negotiate their fee. They use a blaster pistol but also have some other gadgets that engineers can help them with like a jet pack, grappling hook and such. They have all kinds of cool toys.

Droid would be the final class, also completely new.
    They can be upgraded in various ways which would enable new mission types for them, either in the protocol or battle droid directions. But always they have default droid stuff they can do like translate, walk into situations organics can't survive in or get hooked up to a computer.

In total, that would be a good mix of all the things and they could provide the outfits, haircuts and such to directly put in your favourite characters.
    Could be several playable alien species that would function slightly differently just like the different life states in the sims.
    Only near human ones could be playable but some others like wookies could make an appearance as NPC's.

The system of fatal flaws could be preserved, and there would be various other traits too.
    Force sensitive could also be a trait allowing heroes who are not Jedi or Sith to use lightsabers and sense some force stuff, but only Jedi and Sith could learn to use force powers. Some shared, and some unique to each.

Sorry for the upcoming Lore Dump, But The Jetpack Bounty Hunters are usually Mandalorians like Boba Fett (Clone/Son of Jango Fett), Jango Fett, Din Djarin (Main Character of the Mandalorian show, is usually seen with Baby Yoda), Bo-Katan and Shae Vizla, Mandos are usually different than your usual Bounty Hunters since they have a code of honor for the most part as a Warrior Culture (unless they go crazy from the bloodlust on their Genocidal Purges, more on that later), they're also the best Jedi Hunters, they figured out that Lightsabers can't deflect normal bullets, also BTW Fett is a Mandalorian Clan of... Farmers, Jango himself even fought in the Mandalorian Civil Wars (Wars as in plural), Jango's Homeplanet Concord Dawn is literally located in Mandalore Sector, like I said before the Mandalorians occasionally went on Genocidal Purges on various species like for example the Cathar (Cat people, all resembling Lion-o from Thunder Cats rather than actual Cats).
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    Sorry, dragons and medieval fantasy before more scifi.

Actually Star Wars isn't a Sci-fi, anyone who thinks it's a Sci-fi doesn't know anything about Star Wars, Star Wars is a Space Fantasy, it has more Fantasy elements than Sci-fi ones, a Sci-fi series doesn't have Knights, Princesses, Magic or Swords,

If you want a Sci-fi series look no farther than those other guys with the Phasers.

In my day, Star Wars was definitely considered Sci-Fi. A Princess is not necessarily considered Fantasy as there are Princesses in real life today. And, in my day, lasers were a thing of the future, so the lasers swords were definitely Sci-fi, just like space ships were Sci-fi. Star Wars and Star Trek were both considered Sci-Fi.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    It would be better to say that Star Wars fits the "space opera" theme more than sci-fi. The science tech aspects are more backdrop than actually drive the story.