Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'd like to see them add a star wars stuff pack or kit.

Personally I quite like Journey to Batuu because it's one of few packs that actually is focused on the more fantastic aspects that sims 4 is neglecting compared to previous games.

And I don't think just a little extra in that direction would hurt. At the very least they could let our sims play an EA published star wars game in a free update, and sims with the geek trait should have a special fondness for Batuu and related stuff. They'd certainly want a lightsaber.

But back to my suggestion, I think Original Trilogy clothing could be a wonderful kit.
Wouldn't require Batuu, but all clothing from it could be available at Batuu but some of the outfits could also be worn by NPC's there.
It could contain:
-Han Solo's outfit of episode 4 and 5. Same pants I think but different jackets, so that could be separate stuff.
-Leia's Hoth outfit. Also available as winter clothing.
-Luke's Episode 4 outfit. It's iconic.
-Luke's Bespin outfit. What he wears when fighting Vader.
-Luke's Dagobah outfit. Also available for athletic.
-Luke/Han's Hoth outfit with hood up and down. Could be either using different swatches, also available as winter clothing.
-Stormtrooper armour and helmet.
-Imperial officer outfit.
-Palpatine's black robe.
-Lando's Bespin outfit.
-Mon Mothma's outfit, could also be available as formal wear.
-Chewbacca costume.
-Proper Darth Vader outfit.
-Ben Kenobi's Jedi robes.
-Leia's Endor outfit she wears at the Ewok village.
-Luke's Black outfit.
All with various colour swatches to have increased variation.

If done as a stuff pack instead, they could also add Original trilogy objects and some other general star wars objects that where oddly missed in Journey to Batuu.
-Space ship. (seriously, why no star wars themed space ship added that can be constructed and used? Could be based on Yoda's ship.)
-Computer. (Should be able to have a star wars themed computer, maybe like one of the monitors/consoles seen on the death star.
-Bespin table, chairs, floors, walls, windows and doors. It's a nice style that can honestly work well outside of Star Wars.
-Darth Vader's meditation chamber. (would function as a bed.)
-Various furniture from the original trilogy, could prioritise stuff we don't have anything of yet like beds. A bacta tank could maybe also be used as a shower that also heals wounded sims.

I certainly have plenty of ideas for bigger things too, but I guess a kit or stuff pack is the most we can hope for considering how much they seem to be against anything fantasy themed in this instalment.

Like force sensitive could be a new kind of sim that works the same as a spell caster, letting sims practice in dark, light and neutral force powers. Stuff they could learn. Could also learn fitness when using a lightsaber faster than anyone else and could be better at using it.
More lightsaber hilts and crystal colours could be added, I'm fine with it all just staying single lightsabers though, but Kylo Ren's saber could be made available.

Some star wars themed shirts and merchandise could also be fitting to dress up a geeky sim's house. Like maybe a life sized stormtrooper armour as decor, like what Barney has in How I Met Your Mother. Could be used as a pretend guard too.

Comments

• Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    You just had to be there to witness the (almost) unanimous DISAPPOINTMENT that was on this forum when Journey to Batuu was announced bshjdqfnk do you want to start a war 😭
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    You just had to be there to witness the (almost) unanimous DISAPPOINTMENT that was on this forum when Journey to Batuu was announced bshjdqfnk do you want to start a war 😭

Oh I’m ready for this War.
    @rhalius, I’ve got your back buddy. 🦾
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    We already have plenty of Star Wars stuff. What we DO need is bug fixes-there are still unfixed bugs that need to be repaired by the Sims 4 team.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    To me, Journey to Batuu should have been an Expansion Pack based on the Star Wars franchise in general (particularly the original trilogy) as opposed to being a quite limited game pack based on a Disney theme park attraction.
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    Oh I don't care about that war, the folks who want the regular every day stuff have been catered to extensively. High time they get back to more fantastical packs. Those of us who want that have gotten at least double of what Sims 4 ever did with it in every previous Sims game.

Star Wars has plenty of options, and well, the Batuu clothing is mostly pretty ugly and not anything that actually ever appeared in star wars. They are not putting the license to good use.

It's crazy sims can't even play a star wars game, just some lame EA sports games, tetris and some sims game which is rather meta.
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    Sorry, dragons and medieval fantasy before more scifi.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    To be faaaaaaaair, there was more to that beyond it being Star Wars. People were upset because the game was lacking so much, communication was awful, and people already lacked a lot of faith in the game. (I believe there were also a ton of bugs holding up the game, but that's always an issue.) Aside from the obvious problems many had with the pack, it also came out at a horrible time. People would still despise a SW pack if it came out now, but there would probably be a much smaller reaction, now that we have more content.

Personally I'd be fine with a kit, since they don't take up too many resources that could have been used for another pack. It'd be much easier for me to ignore.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I don't want anymore real life brands in the game. We have too much Star Wars forced on us in the base game anyway.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    I honestly thought this was a joke.

Never mind, I wouldn't bother If they'd do a Star Wars Kit as I don't buy them anyway.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 134 Member
    edited September 2023
    God not again
  • Options
    Yeah that’s the spirit!
    I’m loving the optimism! 😆
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    This is a joke right ?!
  • Options
    I don't want anymore real life brands in the game. We have too much Star Wars forced on us in the base game anyway.

Brands I want -
    Automotive: Ford, Toyota, Harley-Davidson, Audi, Michelin.
    Housewares: Crueset,
    Pets: something with snuffle mats, tug of war, and dog carrying slings.
    Clothes: Carters & Osh Gosh for kids.

But fictional franchises? Not so much.
  • Options
    JoybearrJoybearr Posts: 117 Member
    Nope.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited September 2023
    No thanks. The sims team are finally making the more requested features that the community wants. Star Wars is not one of those.

For a while they did all sorts of weird packs and features that very few in the community asked for, meat walls, cleaning up trash from beaches, neighborhood action plans that spawned clay in sims inventories, kits with knitted sweaters with holes in them, and you want to go back to that? no.
    Post edited by logion on
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    Yeah... hard pass from me.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Yes please!

#morestarwarsstuff
    #freethejedirobe
    #justiceforchewy

#JoinTheDarkSide
    #BeASimsCommunityStarWarsLovingRebelScallywag >:)
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Pets: something with snuffle mats, tug of war, and dog carrying slings.
    I wouldn't be upset if they collabed with Kong. My puppy destroyed almost every single toy he had, but Kong toys lasted the longest, by far. My sims' puppies deserve that kind of durability and quality.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    logion wrote: »
    No thanks. The sims team are finally making the more requested features that the community wants. Star Wars is not one of those.

For a while they did all sorts of weird packs and features that very few in the community asked for, meat walls, cleaning up trash from beaches, neighborhood action plans that spawned clay in sims inventories, kits with knitted sweaters with holes in them, and you want to go back to that? no.

The weird packs are fun, tbh.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I love love love the weird packs!

Now if it was just a kit with clothes I might not be so interested and I highly doubt that we will see something more with gameplay in it but I would really love it.

StrangerVille
    Batuu

the occults.

The temple in Selvadorada

These are the things that makes me excited and why I probably have nothing to do in paralives. I doubt it will get that crazy side of it. Might be wrong but I expect it to just contain the regular parts of life.
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    That's sadly the problem with any competitor I think, they need to really be doing something The Sims has never done to differentiate themselves, more than just some neat building tools that sims 5 might just put in anyway.

A competitor that focuses on a fantasy or science fiction thing all through it could be very successful. Could still have romance and family life, but maybe within a more futuristic setting with different planets and space ships, or set in an earlier time or fantasy world.

Like imagine a sims like game that goes full fantasy with playable elves, dwarves, halflings and gnomes next to humans. And be able to explore dungeons and find treasures there, maybe do a bit more fighting. Could go way deeper into tomb exploring and dangers, but also allow simply opening a shop or pursue another less dangerous career.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,975 Member
    By the response when journey to Batuu came out, I’d certainly be surprised if the came out with a Star Wars stuff pack or kits, but I really love some of your ideas…..
  • Options
    rhalius wrote: »
    Oh I don't care about that war, the folks who want the regular every day stuff have been catered to extensively. High time they get back to more fantastical packs. Those of us who want that have gotten at least double of what Sims 4 ever did with it in every previous Sims game.

Star Wars has plenty of options, and well, the Batuu clothing is mostly pretty ugly and not anything that actually ever appeared in star wars. They are not putting the license to good use.

It's crazy sims can't even play a star wars game, just some lame EA sports games, tetris and some sims game which is rather meta.

I *cough* vehemently disagree with the bolded part. Batuu CAS -in my opinion- is excellent, Build Buy is excellent, simply because both don't scream "STAR WARS". Batuu CAS lends itself perfectly to medieval fantasy style gameplay. I use it all the time and, after the recent release of Horse Ranch I've used it extensively in my Old West save. The CAS & BB catalogue alone makes Batuu one of the most versatile (Game) Packs out there. Can't change my mind.

I'm going to be honest here... (not that I wasn't honest before) but... absolutely, JtB has its Cons, just like any of the packs. It depends on the kinda thing that would bother you as a player.
    As much as I'd love a Batuu upgrade or Star Wars pack with more focus on Force skills and droids that can follow a sim Beyond ThE pLaNeT OF BATUU (DARN IT!!) I don't care for existing characters. I want to create my own characters, my own Star Wars story, I don't need to fight against or be trained by what's their face from this and that movie. I don't care about any of that. Not once have I engaged in a fight with Rey or yer man, Kylo Ren. Couldn't care less. They have their own story elsewhere, I want mine. Playing out MY story in a Star Wars (inspired) environment is all I need. And a Sarlacc. A big, mean, hungry and very functional Sarlacc... >:)

Do I prefer non-brands in my game? Yes. I actually do.
    Thing is, The Sims promotes popular brands, it's their thing, so if it had to be any brand, Star Wars would be on my tiny list of choices. Once upon a time I put Star Wars down as one of those choices, when they politely asked. I've always been fully prepared to be thrown in the Great Pit of Carkoon. It's OK.

However...If they asked me "Captain good sir, what kind of content do you want right now? Fantasy or Star Wars?"
    I'd choose "Fantasy" at the drop of my helmet.

✨🧙🏼‍♂️🧝🏼‍♀️✨
  • Options
    I used Batuu clothes for Avatar the Last Airbender characters.