Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HOLDEN FAM 2.0 | ADVENTURE AWAITS

lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
HOLDEN FAM 2.0 | ADVENTURE AWAITS
YTmc1qS.png
** Comments are welcome and appreciated! **
** If you'd like to leave a comment, please leave them in the WHIYGT thread (here) to preserve the organization of my thread **
· · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
Post edited by lemonella on

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2023
    HOLDEN FAM 2.0 | GEN 1
    wqIJSbM.png
    — Waylon and Mae Holden —
    After saving Strangerville during Waylon's time in the military, the Holden family retired to the town of Chestnut Ridge. Once they settled into their small property in the neighborhood of Riders’ Glen, the Holdens established their name in Chestnut Ridge as the proud owners of the newest nectar distributor in town, Vintage Vineyards. Famous for her classic vintage grape nectar, Mae can typically be found on the Holden's vineyard. While Mae is running the nectary, Waylon can be found running their small family ranch, Family Ties Ranch, with some occasional help from his son, Wade. The ranch currently has two horses— Trusty and Lady, two mini goats— Sugar and Spice, and two mini sheep— Maple and Honey.
    — BONUS PICTURES —
    Lady and Trusty (along with all the mini animals)
    gLzb4c3.png
    z9vbTb9.png
  • Options
    HOLDEN FAM 2.0 | GEN 2
    fNwmvDM.png
    — Wade and Darla Holden —
    Wade is the only son of Waylon and Mae Holden. He decided to follow in the footsteps of his father and join the military after he graduated University with a Distinguished Degree in History. He frequently visits the family ranch on the weekends to help out his father, but he currently resides in Oasis Springs with his wife, Darla. The two met at the University of Britechester and have been inseparable ever since. Darla is originally from Oasis Springs, and the couple inherited their home from Darla's parents, Hiram and Jolene Morrison, after their sudden disappearance when visiting Forgotten Hollow. Darla graduated University with a Distinguished Degree in Culinary Arts. She had dreams of opening a restaurant with her mother, but as the possibility of that dream faded, she found a new passion in the beverage industry while visiting the Holden’s nectary. Since the Holdens already have a successful nectar distribution business, she decided to put her efforts into a fizzy juice start-up brewery, Fruit N’ Fizz. Currently, Wade and Darla are planning to travel all around the sim world before they settle down and start a family of their own.

• Options
    HOLDEN FAM 2.0 | UPDATE 01
    gFcNXvO.png
    MONDAY
    The season was off to a sizzling start as Oasis Springs expected its first heat wave of the summer. Though it was scorching hot outside, Mondays were always reset days for Darla. She started off her day tending to her berry garden full of raspberries, blackberries and blueberries. After she finished her yard work, she relaxed on the patio by the pool with a cold glass of iced tea. Ahh, her own little oasis!
    5Vsf2WY.png

Inspired by her surroundings, she decided to put her creative juices to the test and create her first flavor of fizzy juice for her start-up, Fruit N' Fizz. This flavor was for her REFRESH line called "Sparkling Citrus" that featured a blend of freshly squeezed lemon, orange, and lime juices.
    cdWZ6MR.png

Later that afternoon, Wade came back from work with quite a surprise and a rather large ask. He brought home a puppy!
    "Darrius said he found him near the docks in Brindleton Bay. He's been fostering him for the past couple of weeks, but he doesn't have the space to keep him with two babies on the way" Wade explained to Darla. "We've been wanting a dog anyway, right? Want to keep him?"
    Darla agreed to keep the puppy. "So what's his name?" she inquired.
    "Well he probably belonged to sailor in Brindleton Bay," Wade added, "so let's name him Captain!"
    6x9U1cb.png

The Holdens were expecting company that evening. It was game night and the neighbors, Miguel and Elena Santos, were ready to bring it on! The group tried Darla's new fizzy juice flavor alongside Wade's famous char-grilled hamburger sliders for dinner. Naturally, they were both delicious and paired very well together! After their bellies were full and the heat started to subside, Wade and Darla challenged Miguel and Elena to a game of sabacc out on their balcony. The ambiance was quite delightful as the sun set with pop music playing in the background!
    zaxtVxz.png

That one game turned into five games real quick — time flies when you're losing money!
    Yy4QQMD.png

As the night came to a close, Miguel and Elena offered their gratitude to their hosts and headed home to relieve their babysitter. After some quick cleaning, the couple retired to their bedroom, kissed one another goodnight, and fell asleep to the faint sound of wind and crickets.
    Fi4drwX.png

TUESDAY
    The next day, while Wade was at work, Darla started off her morning with some relaxing yoga by the pool. She kept getting splashed by Captain who kept jumping in and out of the water— what a little swimmer he is!
    jh6Ptoi.png

She spent the rest of the lightly cleaning the house and meal prepping some breakfast for the week. She made a huge batch of fruit salad which inspired her to try developing another fizzy juice flavor. She made a flavor for her VIBRANT line and called it "Cherry Sangria" which featured a blend of juices from freshly picked cherries, oranges and various berries.
    BxStlBp.png

After Wade got home, they invited Miguel and Elena out to dinner for a double date at Cactus Cuisine on Mirage Canyon Avenue. The Santos couple talked about their upcoming trip to Selvadorada which peaked the Holden's interests. The Holdens love to travel around the globe, and it's their goal to visit as many places as they can before the year is up. This made Darla want to go home and research some vacation spots.
    TAezDlS.png

After dinner and multiple drinks, the couples parted ways. To finish off date night, the two decided to watch 'Roaring Vice,' a romance movie about a budding romance that got cut short due to an outstanding arrest warrant.
    0IgR87A.png

Even though they both really enjoyed it, they both fell asleep before the end of the movie! They must have been exhausted.
    H8VgdYx.png

Once they woke up, they decided to go up to bed and end the night with some alone time!
    run3Sxk.png

That's all for now! :)
    ** If you'd like to leave a comment, please leave them in the WHIYGT thread (here) to preserve the organization of my thread **
  • Options
    HOLDEN FAM 2.0 | UPDATE 02
    BP1C7Y1.png
    WEDNESDAY
    It was that time of year again where the Sol Festival rolls into town. The Sol Festival is a giant summer music festival that sims look forward to every year! This year, the festival was going to be held in Glimmerbrook. Wade and Darla got their tickets months ago and have been really looking forward it. Though they had tons to look forward to, the day started off just a little rocky for them. After frantically rushing to finish packing, they were finally ready to leave. However, Wade..well, he forgot to call ahead and book a sUber to the train station.
    6l2HtlL.png
    "You didn't book the ride?" Darla scolded. "So not only did you forget to pack, but you also forgot to call the sUber? That's just great, Wade, now we're probably going to be late. The train leaves in 30 minutes! Ugh, you're just so irresponsible" she said with an eye roll.
    Now here’s the thing, Wade has been married to Darla for nearly a year, so this is not his first rodeo. She doesn't truly mean anything she's saying— she's just stressed. The best plan of action is to stay calm, apologize, and fix it.
    "Babe, relax! It's going to be okay," he reassured, as he held Darla's hand. "I just booked one, and the app says they'll be here in 10 minutes."
    OLJUqx0.png

During their route to Glimmerbrook, they made a quick stop in Evergreen Harbor to grab some lunch at The Caboose, an old train station renovated into a trendy new restaurant and bar. Unfortunately, Darla still wasn't quite over the mess from earlier that morning; asking Wade how in the world he managed to forget everything she asked him to do the night before. At this point he just thought the whole conversation was funny which made her even more annoyed.
    CMOj1kj.png

After nearly 4 more hours on the train, the Holdens finally got to their destination. They stopped at the Slumber Cabin to get a room since they planned to stay overnight in Glimmerbrook. By this time, the dust had settled from the couple's little tiff earlier that morning. They walked into the motel hand-in-hand and all smiles!
    qJUTumb.png

After freshening up and putting on their festival outfits, they headed over to the festival ground in the forest. A bunch of their friends were already there ready to greet them!
    wwxkO82.png

Wade and his friend, August, tried to get the party started right with a keg stand!
    1LoCm6o.png
    "Chug! Chug! Chug!"
    tK0is8a.png

Everyone was having a grand ol' time socializing, drinking, and dancing. It was the time to let loose!
    qnldljl.png

Eventually, Wade asked Darla if she wanted to try doing a keg stand. She was no stranger to keg stands; it was actually her go-to party trick at University! "Of course!" she answered. They made their way over to the juice keg and Wade lifted her up. "You got me?" she asked Wade. "Yeah, yeah— I got you!" he replied. Their friends crowded around them yelling "Chug! Chug! Chug!"
    Kzuqiyq.png

Darla was almost done sipping the last remnants of juice until she suddenly felt herself lose balance..
    Lo2D8JB.png
    Yep, that happened..Wade dropped her. :D
    E4ytruo.png
    Darla got up holding her lower back. "You said you had me!" she laughed.
    ILRY91m.png

The festival went on for a few more hours. Some festival goers were still energized and dancing, but many decided to huddle around the fire pits to wind down. Around the fire, Wade wanted to grab Darla's attention to apologize for earlier that day.
    "Hey, I'm sorry I forgot to pack and call the sUber. I didn't realize it meant that much to you, and I promise I listen to you! I'll try do better" he explained.
    "It's okay! I was just trying to avoid the inevitable I guess" she said with a smile. "I'm not upset anymore."
    Wade lifted Darla up and gazed up into her eyes. "I love you" he whispered.
    "I love you too" she whispered back.
    diX9lY3.png
    Once he put her back down, Darla put her arms around Wade's neck and leaned in for a kiss. It was such a great end to that magical night!
    1u9HPk4.png

THURSDAY
    The next day, the Holdens slept in for most of the morning. They were up so late last night, no wonder they were exhausted!
    s64n2Fq.png

After they got up, cleaned their motel room and enjoyed some continental breakfast, they decided to soak up some sun at the motel's pool deck.
    bhimvrC.png

Once the pool started to get a little overcrowded (it was a very small pool area), they went into the motel bar. Darla loved the bar's atmosphere and thought the beach theme was really cute. They had a couple glasses of strawberry rosé and called it a day! Later, they got their belongings together and made their way to the train station to go back home.
    AghODwH.png

Later that evening, they arrived back in Oasis Springs. Home sweet home!
    2OGj4WX.png

Overall, the day was pretty uneventful since most of the day was spent traveling back home. The Holdens have a big vacation coming up over the weekend, so they spent the rest of the evening relaxing and getting in as much puppy cuddles in as they could!
    dsoN6kB.png

That's all for now, thanks for reading! :)
  • Options
    LindaD2015LindaD2015 Posts: 141 Member
    It's a nice story. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    HOLDEN FAM 2.0 | UPDATE 03
    llhBudE.png
    FRIDAY
    It's the first day of the Holdens trip to Tartosa! A destination with a romantic aura, breathtaking scenery, and lots of nectar! In the early hours of the morning, the Holdens were off to the Sim City Airport to catch their plane. It was going to be a three hour trip, so they made sure to pack some snacks. If you're wondering, Wade did remember to pack and call the sUber this time!
    FQzyoRA.png

They landed in Tartosa just before noon, and their rental was only a short drive from the airport. Once they arrived at their rental, they just stood there taking in its beauty. This place was straight out of a dream! After the picked their jaws up off the ground (from them dropping in awe), they went inside to check out their new home for the next couple of days!
    mdak46R.png

After they unpacked and changed their outfits, Darla cooked up a late brunch. She made eggs benedict and served it with some champagne. Since it was such a beautiful day, they ate out on the terrace.
    ShdN6SJ.png
    Wade: "So what are we doing today?"
    Darla: "Well I figured we might be a little tired after traveling, so I only have two things lined up in the evening."
    Wade: "Cool. What's happening in the evening?"
    Darla: "Hmm let me see, I made us a reservation at La Cucina Italiana. It's supposed to have the best food on the mainland! And then, I booked us a couples stargazer's massage for the end of the day."
    Wade: "What's a stargazer's massage?"
    Darla: "That's just what they call their nighttime massage packages."
    Wade: "Well that sounds perfect!"
    Darla: "I try!"
    vqOGsgX.png

After brunch, they weren't very tired, so they decided to see what they could do in the Tartosan Town Square. They visited the floral shop, the produce market, and the bakery. While they were in the bakery, they bought a box of biscotti to take home. After shopping, they sat on the fountain that was in the middle of the town square and talked until they realized it was almost time for their dinner reservation. Time to go back to the rental and get ready for dinner!
    6L0hxrM.png

They found themselves at La Cucina Italiana right around sunset. The ambiance in this place was amazing— so romantic! They ordered dinner; Wade got the Italian meatballs with the most expensive red grape merlot nectar, and Darla got the classic spaghetti with a glass of their sweetest apple rosé nectar.
    WinpjRc.png

After dinner, the couple went to the attached spa for their stargazer's massages (which were really just hot stone massages). They felt so relaxed once they were done, but they wished the massages were a bit longer than they were. Again, the ambiance was phenomenal! The people and businesses in Tartosa really know what they’re doing!
    PSAjYvo.png

It was late by the time they got back to the rental, but they kept the romance and relaxation going with some drinks in the hot tub to close out the night.
    1vwFI08.png

SATURDAY
    The next morning, the Holdens started their day with breakfast on the terrace. They had a sweet breakfast consisting of chocolate biscotti paired with cups of espresso. Delicious!
    38R39kH.png

The main plan of the day was to go on a nectar tour at the Sweet Squeeze Nectary. First, they got to see how each nectar is made. They even got to make their own to take home as souvenirs! They were told the nectar was best after aging, and advised not to open them up right away. Wade made apple rosé nectar, and Darla made a version of purple grape pinot noir nectar. Full disclosure, they both fell a couple times while stomping the grapes!
    fGzOhPp.png

After they learned how to make nectar, and got to experience it, it was time to taste it! Wade and Darla got dressed into nicer outfits for this portion of the evening. They both tried the apple rosé which was a Sweet Squeeze classic! It was so sweet, yet not too sweet, with a hint of honey it seemed. Wow, truly amazing!
    SuAliNU.png

While they were drinking their glasses of nectar, Darla heard the song 'Zumbray' playing. It's her favorite song! They got up and danced.
    Lier58w.png

After they were done at the nectary, they went down to the Tartosan Beach Club. There, they put on their bathing suits, got a couple more glasses of nectar from the bar, and sat down to watch the sun set. How romantic!
    mAzhkrc.png

SUNDAY
    After a morning of traveling back to Oasis Springs, Wade was not finished traveling. On Sundays, he commits his time to helping his father, Waylon, on their family ranch. He dropped Darla off at home and went on his merry way to Chestnut Ridge. When he got to the ranch, his father put him straight to work! First, he cared for Trusty while his father cared for Lady.
    ZRuDz0n.png

After the horses were cared for, it was time to give some attention to the sheep and goats!
    Waylon: “Son, if you could feed little Maple here while I feed Honey I think that’ll help us get these little ladies all fed.
    Wade: “Yeah, sure Dad. Wait, which one is Maple?
    Waylon: “Are you serious? We got Maple before you moved out, son. She’s the brown one with the black and white markings on her face.
    Wade: “Got her!
    Waylon: “Alright, and then uhh I’m gonna feed Spice since she’s already right next to me, can you feed Sugar? (pause) Now just to be clear, she’s the little white one runnin’ around here somewhere. Man, you make me chuckle sometimes.
    6LoItOo.png

Meanwhile back in Oasis Springs, Darla was working again on her fizzy juice start-up, Fruit N' Fizz. She created yet another flavor for her REFRESH line and called it "Desert Pear" which featured juice from fresh prickly pears with a hint of ginger.
    OWiYMUL.png

After a long day on the ranch, Waylon and Wade went to the local bar, The Oak Barrel. It has been a tradition of theirs to hit the bar every Sunday evening after work to get a couple of fizzy juices and watch the sports game. They even got a little crazy and did the cowpoke dance. Like father, like son!
    6ghQnfr.png

Once the sun set, Wade hugged his parents goodbye to head on back to Oasis Springs.
    Waylon: "Alright son, well it's time you get going now. Give our best to Darla!"
    YZh7ov0.png

• Options
    edited July 2023
    HOLDEN FAM 2.0 | UPDATE 04
    j2hLLLw.png
    MONDAY
    It was the start of a new week in the Holden household! Darla started off the day cooking breakfast in the morning. She made breakfast scramble which is Wade's favorite breakfast. It's actually a family recipe that Darla had to get from Mae. After a little practice, she's got the recipe down!
    Rrzz3h6.png

After Wade left for work, she stuck to her normal Monday routine. She tended to her berry garden which had a bunch of blueberries and blackberries to harvest. Then she practiced some yoga by the pool while Cappie swam. I think he thinks yoga time is his swimming time, because every single time Darla does yoga by the pool, Cappie runs outside and jumps in the pool. It's so cute!
    GqMudvv.png

Later on, she took Captain on his walk. It was really hot, so the walk got cut a little short. She didn't want captain's paws to be on fire! When they got back home, Darla went to her fizzy juice station and created a seasonal flavor for her WILD line and called it "Red, White & Berry" which featured a juice blend of freshly picked strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries.
    uf9VWvf.png

When Wade got home, he had some great news— he got promoted to a Fourth Lieutenant! Darla was so proud and congratulated him!
    euD4oEW.png

In celebration, they invited Miguel and Elena over for drinks, pizza, and games! Wade poured cream colas and ordered a Tiki Masala pizza in preparation. After they all enjoyed dinner, they went upstairs to the balcony and played a few games of Simbles.
    Wade: "You know we're all waiting for you to complete your turn, sweetheart."
    Darla: "Ahh, sorry y'all. I'm trying to strategize!"
    BGUbkrl.png

As the sun started to set, it was time for Miguel and Elena to head home. They made sure to congratulate Wade on his promotion before they left. After cleaning up, they went to bed and ended the night with a little fun!
    vLNQln6.png

TUESDAY
    The next day was Father's Day. The Holdens went over to Wade's parents house to celebrate. Waylon was outside waiting for their arrival to greet them.
    Waylon: "Hey y'all, how was the trip? Not too bad I hope."
    Wade: "Hey Dad, happy Father's Day! Oh no, it really wasn't bad on the way over here, ended up being only about 40 minutes because of the traffic."
    Darla: "Hey Waylon, who are these cute little additions? I don't remember seeing these two.." (referring to the dark sheep and goat)
    Waylon:"Huh? Oh yeah! Those are new. That little black one there is Sheriff, and the grey one is Bandit."
    Wade: "Finally some names that aren't cutesy and food-related!"
    Waylon: "Ohh now now, don't make fun of those names, your mom picked em'! But these two are actually males, so I decided I would name them before your mom picks something like Cookie and Donut— ha! Anyway, y'all ready to go to the fair?"
    FFO190s.png
    — BONUS CUTENESS —
    HEariL6.png

Chestnut Ridge puts on the annual Hay Now! fair, and this year it happened to land on Father's Day. The entire Holden family made their way to the fair ground in New Appaloosa. At the fair, there was BBQ, karaoke, dancing, horse shows, and nectar tastings! First they decided to go around and socialize with everyone since the Holdens tend to know just about everyone in town.
    Supriya: "Wade Holden? Oh my gosh, it's been a while since I've seen you in town!"
    Wade: "Hey! Yeah I came up for Father's Day with the wife to celebrate with the folks. How are you? It's been a while."
    Supriya: "Oh, just a day trip then? I've been good! Justin and I got married just about a month ago, so we've been enjoying our time together. I'm happy to see you made it over here, maybe we can have a little Chestnut High catch up sometime?"
    Wade: "Oh congratulations! That honeymoon phase is a wonderful time. And absolutley! I'm always around here helping out my dad, I just don't come around and advertise it. Let's catch up next time I'm here!"
    7wQf5vH.png

After social hour, they went to the food stands and got a large order of BBQ ribs.
    Waylon: "Isn't this just the best BBQ? I mean really, who makes it better than Chestnut Ridge?"
    Wade: "I mean, Oasis Springs has some decent BBQ Dad, but I agree - Chestnut Ridge has the best BBQ. And don't get me started on the bison stew!"
    Darla: "You know when I think about Chestnut Ridge, I think of nectar instead of BBQ. Speaking of, where did Mae go?"
    Waylon: "Oh she's around here somewhere. She's probably at the nectar tent asking everyone their thoughts. Vintage Vineyards provided the nectar for this event, you see, and she wants to make sure everyone enjoys it."
    r6keQ6g.png

Well it didn't take Darla long to find Mae. She was on stage picking a song to sing from the karaoke machine!
    Mae: "Oh Darla, come sing with me! They have a wide variety of country songs, come pick one out!"
    Darla: "Haha sure, I'll come sing along."
    Darla picked out the song 'Everything She Ain't' and they had a blast singing! Of course Mae's #1 fan, Waylon, was right next to the stage cheering them on!
    rEbrZVN.png

After some singing and dancing they all made their way to the nectar tent to have a glass of vintage grape nectar.
    Darla: "This is wonderful, Mae. Honestly, the best nectar I've had and we just came back from Tartosa, so that's really saying something!"
    Mae: "Oh thank you dear! I've been meaning to ask about y'alls trip. Did you do a nectar tour there?"
    Darla: "Yeah we went to Sweet Squeeze, have you heard of it?"
    Mae: "Why yes! Actually a lovely woman I met during my trip to Tartosa owns it! It's a beautiful nectary and her apple rosé is divine!"
    Waylon: "Sure they're great and all, but they're our competition."
    Mae: "Oh hush Waylon, there's room for everybody in the nectar business! No one is our competition."
    Wade: "Yeah Ma, that's because no one can compete with your nectar!"
    Mae: "Oh stop, now y'all are gonna make me blush!"
    gq9m9o6.png

Mae: "Oh Geoffrey, is that you? Now what in the world are the Landgraabs doing slumming it in Chestnut Ridge?"
    Geoffrey: "Hi there Mae! Oh we aren't slumming it, not at all. We're here in town looking to acquire The Oak Barrel. We think it'll be a nice addition to our portfolio. We didn't realize the Hay Now! fair was happening, so we were delightfully surprised. Of course we had to come in and grab a glass of Vintage Vineyards nectar. It's even better than some of those places out in Tartosa!"
    Wade: "See Ma.. couldn't agree more, Geoffrey."
    Geoffrey: "Oh Wade is that you? I barely recognized you, you're so grown up now!"
    The Holdens are good acquaintances with the Landgraabs because of Waylon's small claim to fame from saving Strangerville when some scientist at the lab created one heck of a mess! The Holden name was on the news nearly every day due to the press tour. The Landgraabs came out to publicly support Waylon during the tour, and they have stayed in touch with the Holden family from time to time.
    4DlCi0Q.png

While Mae and Wade were socializing at the nectar tent, Darla had a heartwarming conversation with Waylon.
    Darla: "So Wade probably won't bring this up because he's too humble, but he got promoted to Fourth Lieutenant yesterday. I know he joined the military to make you proud, and he's done really well for himself."
    Waylon: "I'll always be proud of Wade! Even if he didn't choose the military I'd be proud of him. He's my only son, and I just want see him happy and living life to the fullest. Now speaking of fullest, and I don't mean to pry, but when can Mae and I expect some grandchildren?"
    Darla: "Haha whoa, we're getting ahead of ourselves! I think Wade isn't ready for all that at the moment. He's put a lot of pressure on himself to have all his ducks lined up in a row, and I guess he doesn't feel he's done that yet. He wants to save more money, travel more frequently, and most importantly he wants to make you proud before we focus on expanding the family. I think it would mean a lot to him if you expressed your approval."
    Waylon: "Oh, I didn't realize I had to explicitly tell him I'm proud of him. Shouldn't he know that already?"
    Darla: "I see where you're coming from, but I think he needs to hear it otherwise he doesn't believe it."
    Waylon: "Oh Darla, bless your heart. Alright, I'll make sure I tell him...and then we can expect some grandchildren?"
    Darla: "Hahaha, yes. Only then can you expect some grandchildren."
    cTIBXuH.png

Later the sky faded from a pinkish hue to a midnight blue, and all the fairy lights lit up the fairgrounds. The Holdens decided to light a fire and socialize amongst themselves for the rest of the evening.
    Waylon: "So Wade, I hear you've got some good news recently and got promoted to Fourth Lieutenant. How's that feel?"
    Wade: "Ah yes! Did Darla say something? Anyway, it feels good! The goal is to work my way up to a Grand Marshal, so I've got a while to go."
    Waylon: "Well go on, tell us the story, son! How'd you find out?"
    Wade went on, telling his family the story of how he got promoted.
    UXWojl9.png

The festival was just an hour away from shutdown, so Wade and Darla said their goodbyes to Waylon and Mae. They had a really nice time visiting Chestnut Ridge and cannot wait to come visit again soon!
    FtpuH5T.png

That's all she wrote (literally!), thanks for reading! :)
  • Options
    HOLDEN FAM 2.0 | UPDATE 05
    SGtpFmy.png
    WEDNESDAY
    It was midweek and the Holdens fell back into their normal routines. The day started off with some leftover breakfast scramble and a conversation surrounding the couple's anniversary that was coming up the first day of fall. They decided they wanted to go on another trip to celebrate, but they weren't quite sure where. Darla agreed to do some research on a couple of different destinations while Wade was away at work. Just before Wade went out the door to head over to Stangerville, he kissed Darla goodbye and told her he couldn't wait to hear her ideas when he got home.
    cBLLnY1.png

While at work, Wade got partnered up with Darrius for training.
    Darrius: "Hey, how are things going with the puppy? I'm starting to miss that little guy."
    Wade: "Oh, he's good! Yeah we named him Captain, and he's been adjusting really well. The only thing I feel bad about is we've been traveling a lot, so he gets boarded or stays with friends more often than we'd like."
    Darrius: "Don't sweat it, man. I just really needed help finding him a home, and now thanks to you - he has one!"
    Wade: "I get it— yeah two babies, huh? Y'all ready for that?"
    Darrius: "Haha I mean no one is ever ready to be parents, but we're more excited than anything. Just hoping for two healthy babies!"
    Wade: "Yeah, you're right. I guess no one can really be fully prepared for that kind of thing. Well I'm excited for you dude."
    Darrius: "Thanks man. Now enough sentimental talk, let's work on our sparring."
    UOQ3lgh.png

Wade and Darrius like to train outside mainly because it isn’t ever crowded unlike the military-owned gym. Wade gave everything he had into training, but Darrius was a Courageous Captain (a whole level above him in rank), so he had a little more experience than Wade and was able to predict his every move. In the distance he heard his Lieutenant Colonel yell for his attention. He knew something was out of the ordinary since training is normally never interrupted.
    f6yPaeL.png

Wade got assigned to accompany the troop to the Strangerville lab. It was his first assignment as a Fourth Lieutenant. He suited up and got in the cargo truck. I can't give the details of his assignment as it's confidential, but I'll include this shot of him waiting outside of Command and getting ready to head on over to the Stangerville lab.
    8zl6y1q.png

Meanwhile at home, Darla finished some research on a couple of her destination ideas to celebrate her anniversary with Wade. She was so excited to share them with him. While she waited for him to come home, she focused on Fruit N' Fizz. She created yet another flavor, this time for her ALLURE line and called it "Pink Pineapple Prosecco" which featured a blend of juicy pineapple, fresh strawberry and a hint of orange. She held a small yard sale to get an idea of potential demand. Her fizzy juices sold out very quickly!
    pzJIrTz.png

After his long day at the lab, Wade was asked to stay in Stangerville overnight. His troop was expecting some communication from the military intelligence officer, and it required Wade to be on stand-by. He went to Cactus Pete's to buy himself a quick meal for dinner. Cactus Pete's is the only place with decent food on the military base, so he's been there quite a few times. He ended up ordering his usual— a classic BLT with house fries and a can of cola.
    jjT268h.png

Wade really didn't have much to do after grabbing a quick bite. He called Darla to catch up on how things were going back in Oasis Springs. She told him about her fizzy juice success, and he was really proud of her. She's put so much time and effort into her start-up and he was happy to hear it was paying off! He told her he had to stay in Stangerville overnight as part of his assignment and reassured her he would be back by morning. After hanging up, he went to Moe's Motel and called it a night.
    km8WmjK.png

THURSDAY
    The next day was Summerfest. It's the ultimate celebration of the summer! It's all about grillin' out with good company, enjoying the water, and of course watching the firework show! Wade and Darla had plans to meet their good friends, Neal and Serenity, at Whalebert's Splash Park in San Sequoia. Once they all arrived, they claimed their spot, set up their cooler, and shared their summer stories.
    LbXctKU.png

Once the conversation started feeling a little stale, Darla walked on over to the jumping post.
    Darla: "Hey guys, who else is gonna jump with me?"
    Z9114k5.png
    Wade followed her lead with a huge cannonball!
    lfy9ILe.png

After having a blast jumping and splashing around the pool, Wade and Darla nodded at one another and took each of their friends aside. You see, they're trying to be matchmakers and set up their friends with one another. Neal is a single father who was cheated on and left alone to raise his son, Adam. Serenity is only single because she's focused completely on her floral business, Sweetpea Florals.
    Darla: "Sooo..Neal's pretty fun, don't you think?"
    Serenity: "Yeah he seems nice. I mean, I don't really know him, but so far he's been pretty cool. Did you see that backflip jump he did?!"
    Darla: "Oh yeah, he's such a show-off. He totally landed it though, so I guess if you got it— flaunt it."
    bBaXFF9.png

Darla got up and walked over the table Wade and Neal were at.
    Darla: "Neal, Serenity is like really into you. You should go over there and talk to her!"
    Neal: "What? Haha I don't even know her."
    Wade: "Well great, now is your chance to get to know her dude. Go over there!"
    Neal: "Alright, here goes nothing.."
    x7s8iFe.png

Well let me tell you, Neal needs to gain some more confidence in himself because he and Serenity really hit it off! They walked out of the splash park hand-in-hand! Wade and Darla gave each other that look that said "Mission Accomplished!"
    iBf19Ey.png

They changed into some dry clothes and walked over to the Sequoia Recreation Center which is where the firework show was going to be held. They decided to take the scenic route along the lake while heading over there. Once they arrived at the Rec Center, they grilled some hamburger sliders and hot dogs to munch on before it got dark.
    nM7W05e.png

As they waited for firework show, each couple went their separate ways to go claim their spots with blankets and folding chairs. Wade found a nice little spot by the pond and yelled for Darla. "This is perfect!" she cheered. Once the sky turned dark, the firework show started. Not only were the fireworks beautiful in the night's sky, but festive paper lanterns and fireflies really added to the ambiance of the night. It was truly magical to witness!
    LkJcNer.png

Then they broke out their sparklers to join in on the fun!
    8yMizcm.png

The Holdens had such a wonderful Summerfest! It really was the perfect end-of-summer celebration. It's going to be hard to top this next year, but that's a future (me) problem.
    tQ2frsF.png

• Options
    HOLDEN FAM 2.0 | UPDATE 06
    tVqNz4g.png
    FRIDAY
    Happy Friday! It's finally the end of the week (in my game of course), and the Holdens have a weekend full of fun plans. First things first, we've got a birthday in the house. Can you guess who it is? That's right, Captain aged up from a small pup into one handsome fella! The Holdens figured what better way to celebrate his birthday than to take him on his first vacation?! They were going on a mini vacay anyway to celebrate their anniversary, so it was the perfect fit. And where are they going? The one and only destination hot spot for an outdoor retreat— Granite Falls. So get in Cappie, we're going camping!
    v66Jfba.png

After a long road trip to Granite Falls, they finally made it to the Riverside Getaway Cabin.
    CVqRwhX.png

Once they unpacked and fed Cappie, it was time to enjoy the outdoors! Wade took it upon himself to teach Captain how to fetch. He's a smart dog, so it didn't take him too long to catch on. Aww, look at how cute he is giving his daddy the ball!
    t8F1Zkz.png
    Well okay, he needs to work on giving Wade the ball back. He seems to think that once he retrieved it, he gets keep it! :D
    Wade: "Alright buddy, you gotta give it me. Haha c'mon boy, hand it over!"
    Puc3OeJ.png

Then the two went fishing in the river right next to their cabin. They caught some perch fish, but that wasn't sufficient for dinner, so they threw them back in. Darla managed to catch some sort of box though which she was really excited about! I wonder what's inside..
    Darla: "Babe look at what I caught, it's a box!"
    Wade: "Well look at that! Good job honey, but you're supposed to be catching fish! This is fishing not boxing!"
    6JJzMw0.png

After they had enough of trying to catch a decent-sized fish, they threw in the towel and decided to grill up some chicken. It was such a beautiful day, perfect to eat out on the patio.
    v48OYXQ.png

Now, one thing about the Holdens is they are extremely competitive with one another. They decided to break open the card deck they packed and start up a game of cards. Darla drew a pretty good hand, and she was certain she was going to win this round!
    Darla: I've got myself quite a good hand, good luck beating me partner!
    4fJHVYi.png
    Wade: Ooh, would you look at that?! Looks like you're the one out of luck. Better luck next time little lady..
    DUosz5k.png

After it got dark, they huddled around the fire pit, roasted some marshmallows, and told one another ghost stories.
    dQJp3Rg.png

At the end of their night, they decided to pour a couple glasses of juice and relax in the hot tub!
    TVBvtui.png

SATURDAY
    The next morning, they each did their own thing. Wade woke up early to go hiking to admire the nature all around him. He leashed up Captain and took him along. Captain had so much fun going for a walk around Granite Falls with all the new smells and places to mark!
    a54dz7p.png

Darla enjoyed all that nature had to offer too, but she took a more relaxing approach. Some good ol' tanning on the patio was enough for her. She typically would love to go hiking, but she just wasn't up for it that morning.
    MyTeY7X.png

Later on in the afternoon, they went over to the Granite Falls Day Spa for some massages that Darla booked. She specifically chose the "Romantic Rendezvous" package. It was their anniversary after all! The massages were so relaxing and just what they needed.
    sEZvLXi.png

The package included a complimentary pass to the rejuvenating hot spring. Let me tell ya, they took advantage of that complimentary pass.. <3
    vLaGBu5.png

After the day spa, they had to quickly head over to the Woodland Bar & Grill for dinner. They put in their order; Wade got the steak and a tall glass of Barley Bale while Darla got the herb crusted salmon which she paired with a glass of Riverblossom Cranernet Nuala. While they were eating their meals, they decided to talk about the "Rose and Thorn" of their trip.
    Darla: "Uhm okay, I'll go first. Well my rose is definitely the fact that Captain got to join us on this vacation! It seems like he's really enjoying it up here, so I think we need to take him on our trips more often. Do you wanna give yours?"
    Wade: "No, you can go ahead and finish. What's your thorn?"
    Darla: "Hmm, this one is difficult...oh! My thorn is when you drew a star and beat me at cards! Ugh, that was so annoying!"
    Wade: "Hahaha, next time I'll take the star cards out of the deck just for you."
    Darla: "Okay, your turn!"
    Wade: "Alright, I guess I'll start with my thorn and save the best for last. My thorn has to be that our trip is almost over. I've been really enjoying it up here and I don't wanna leave yet."
    Darla: "Wade! That's such a cop-out answer!"
    Wade: "I mean, it's true! I'm glad we picked Granite Falls as our anniversary spot, and I'm not looking forward to the drive home."
    Darla: "Alright, alright— and your rose?"
    Wade: "Well see, now this is the difficult one for me because my "rose" hasn't happened yet.."
    Darla looked at him with confusion.
    Wade: "So I've got a surprise for you back at the cabin. Once we're done eating, we'll head on back there. Don't rush though! The surprise isn't going anywhere, so take your time."
    Darla: "A surprise?! How'd you get that past me? You didn't even know which cabin we were staying in!"
    Wade: "I've got my resources.."
    IP15pNK.png

They went back to their cabin, and Wade showed her what he had planned..
    Wade: "Okay babe, turn around, you can look."
    uwLJ8L6.png
    Wade: "Sooo we're going to sleep under the stars tonight."
    Ku6bpPM.png

Okay, as the writer, I need to interject for a minute. You're probably thinking "Oh, that's sweet" or "Aww, cute," but sleeping under the stars is not just the act of literally sleeping under the stars to Darla. Let me explain. When Darla's parents disappeared during their visit to Forgotten Hollow, she used to look out her window in Oasis Springs and wish upon a star that they would return home. After several months passed, she finally accepted that her parents were not coming back. Out of respect for her parents, she scheduled a funeral for them with a small circle of close family and friends. Though she did not have solid evidence of them passing, she just knew they were gone. At the funeral, she referenced the importance of stars as she closed out her eulogy quoting: "Perhaps they are not simply stars in the sky above us, but rather openings where our loved ones shine down upon us to let us know they are happy and at peace." Stars are not just luminous specks in the sky, they represent her parents and their happiness. With that said, "sleeping under the stars" in Darla's perspective is sleeping with the comfort that somewhere out there her parents are happy and at peace, which is the best gift Wade could've ever surprised her with.

With tears filling her eyes, she hugged and kissed Wade. They cozied up on the blanket outside of their tent, and looked up at the stars. There was a lot of silence for the rest of that night, which was very peaceful in a way. Wade really didn't mind it. Quite honestly, silence is loudest to the ones who love you the most. He knew how much this gesture meant to her, and her silence— yeah, that was his rose. They looked up at the stars until their eyes were so heavy they couldn't resist letting them rest.
    iMPtzSk.png

Thanks for reading! :)
  • Options
    HOLDEN FAM 2.0 | UPDATE 07
    g3ZTJTb.png
    SUNDAY
    As Darla started to wake up, she felt a cool breeze paired with Wade's warm embrace. They were still in the tent from the night before. Their Granite Falls vacation was coming to an end, and neither of them wanted to go home. The peaceful moment got interrupted with Cappie's whining outside their tent. He clearly felt a little left out as he wasn't allowed in the tent last night. After a few more moments of lying in the tent, they decided to get up and tend to Captain.
    SsROiur.png

Wade got a call from his father, Waylon, asking if he planned to come by later that day. Sundays are usually the days he helps his dad with various chores around the ranch, and he wasn't planning on skipping it. He let Waylon know it would take a few hours or so, but he and Darla will be stopping by later to visit and help out. They packed up their belongings, and drove out west towards Chestnut Ridge.

Once they arrived at the Family Ties Ranch many hours later, Mae took Darla into the nectar cellar while Wade helped his dad tend to the horses.
    Wade: "Dad, what do you think about giving Darla some riding lessons? Should we take her out on the trail?"
    Waylon: "Hm? Oh sure, son. I think that'd be alright. Wait, isn't she afraid of horses?"
    Wade: "Nah, I don't think so. I mean she's been around them plenty of times. She's just hasn’t had the chance to ride one, I think."
    Waylon: "I guess it won't hurt to offer."
    Wade: "Cool. I'll go get her."
    oB2SZP1.png

Wade went into the nectar cellar and offered some horse riding lessons to Darla. Though she was afraid of horses (like Waylon thought), she felt obligated to give her husband a chance. She accepted his offer, and they both went back outside to mount their horses. Wade helped Darla up onto Lady's back. Lady was a pretty friendly and mellow horse, so she was perfect for a new rider. Darla looked down and her eyes widened. She felt uneasy knowing she could lose control and fall off of Lady at any moment! Why did she let Wade talk her into this? Wade mounted Trusty and started to lead the horses to the trail. He looked back to check on Darla.
    Wade: "You good?"
    Darla: "Yep. Let's do this!"
    Okay, so she lied. She wanted to be a good sport about it, but as they took off, the look on her face gave away exactly how she felt.
    Pl2dTm7.png

They trotted along the trail for a while until Wade turned Trusty around. Once he turned, he saw Darla nervous and struggling. He didn't want to put Darla through any hardship, so he offered to finish the ride together.
    0tXEMDn.png

Once Darla was with Wade on Trusty's back, she felt safe and at ease. Now she was finally able to enjoy the ride! They came back onto the property smiling and laughing.
    wqm5tge.png

After they finished helping around the ranch, Wade texted Supriya to let her know he was in town. They made plans to go on a double date at the Rusty Horseshoe. Once they all arrived, they went to the bar to get glasses of strawberry rosé and talked about their old high school shenanigans. Since Darla met Wade in University, she was very interested to hear all of their stories.
    Supriya: "Did Wade ever tell you about the prank he pulled on Fool's Day during high school?"
    Darla: "No!"
    Supriya: "Oh my gosh, you have to hear it! Back in high school, for Wade's Fool's Day prank, he pulled the fire alarms in school. Everyone had to immediately stop what they were doing and line up in the halls to evacuate. I know, lame right? Well get this, the fire alarm wasn't even the real prank and it was just a way to get everyone in the halls. As all the students and faculty were lining up, he streaked through the halls singing John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt! It was so random, yet so funny!"
    Darla: "Haha I'm not surprised one bit— that's my husband! Wade, how much trouble did you get in for that one?"
    Wade: "None! I wore a Llamaman mask, so they never found out it was me."
    4Vc8eiJ.png

The Holdens and Delgatos were having a great time exchanging stories until a loud, booming voice interrupted them.
    Announcer: "Alright ladies and gentlemen, we're about to kick off our weekly karaoke content! If you'd like to participate, please sign up on the right of the stage and pick your song. We'll be starting shortly."
    Without any hesitation, Darla got up and started heading towards the stage.
    Wade: "Ooh y'all are in for a real treat."
    Darla: "I couldn't agree more babe, because I'm signing us both up!"
    She signed them up to sing 'Like No One's Watching.' The couple got called onto the stage and put on an amazing performance! Not because they were great singers, actually Wade can't carry a tune to save his life, but it was amazing because they were having fun. Sometimes it's more fun not to take life so seriously! Though they had the most entertaining performance, they didn't win. Mr. Crinkletop ended up winning the contest!
    B3MwHHo.png

After the contest was over, it was time to get a little rowdy! The boys went back to the bar and each got liters of juice to fuel them for the rest of the night. They drank, danced, and overall had a great time!
    0uy04nY.png

MONDAY
    As the new week started, the Holdens were back into their weekly routines. It was the first official day of fall, and Darla started off the morning decorating the home for the season and tending to her berry garden.
    JTJjQMH.png

After finishing some chores around the house, she was inspired by the new season. She went to her fizzy juice station and created a seasonal flavor for her CLASSIC line called "Golden Hour" which featured a citrus juice blend with a touch of sweet honey.
    uQPw6Ci.png

When Wade got home, they decided to go on a small picnic date at a local festival called Fall Frolic on Mirage Canyon Avenue. Fall Frolic was designed to get all of the locals out to ring in the new season with some festive food and drinks. Darla packed some freshly baked pumpkin scones and some pumpkin spice milk to enjoy.
    azAC2Uz.png

They went out to the Mirage Canyon Avenue and had such a cute and festive picnic!
    qwxxraJ.png

After they got back home from Fall Frolic, they invited Miguel and Elena over for game night. This time they played Don't Wake the Llama and Darla was the overall champ! It's no surprise the player with the most patience won.
    Ioq76Me.png

After a long night of games, Elena and Miguel headed home. Wade and Darla ended their night watching the movie, 'Khlumzee Sisters,' and fell asleep peacefully on the sofa together.
    Tu083D1.png
    5iuj9FX.png

TUESDAY
    The next day after Wade went to work, Darla met with Elena and Serenity for a girl's day at the Burnt Bean Café in San Sequoia. They spent their morning drinking espressos and catching one another up on the latest gossip.
    Elena: "Did you hear Don Lothario is back with Katrina Calienté? I give it a week before he's back on the streets."
    z8uYKfy.png

After they were energized from the caffeine, they decided to stop by the Pamper & Polish Day Spa to get pedicures and massages.
    jfv74xJ.png

As the girl's day came to a close, they all hugged one another and parted ways. Darla went to Penelope's Grill to have dinner with Wade. Penelope's Grill is a trendy restaurant that specializes in eccentric entrées. Wade ordered the Rustic Pate Drizzled in Aged Jus and paired it with a Silent Film while Darla got the Honeycomb Garden Vegetable Cups along with a Sunset Valley to drink.
    QNb40Rc.png

Once they finished their strange and delicious meals, they went outside on the patio for one more round of drinks. They sat in the hanging chairs and admired the atmosphere around them. Just as Darla thought the night was over, Wade had a little surprise for her. A waiter came out onto the patio and handed him his guitar. He got up and serenaded her as the golden sun rays shined on him before they disappeared beyond the horizon.
    vvo4W6C.png

Feeling flirty after all of the romance, the couple went home and ended their night with a passionate and fun time!
    TOEkNQd.png

• Options
    HOLDEN FAM 2.0 | UPDATE 08
    kJqVww0.png
    WEDNESDAY
    "Breathe" Darla thought to herself as she opened a white and pink box. With her hands shaking, she unwrapped the test and carefully read the instruction pamphlet. After following the instructions, she put the test on the bathroom counter and washed her hands. "It's going to be negative and everything is going to be fine" she whispered to herself aloud as she looked at her reflection in the mirror. Gosh, this felt like the longest three minutes of her life. Her cell phone timer went off— beep, beep, beep! Darla grabbed the test, sat down, and looked at the digital screen. Not Pregnant the test read. Darla was so overwhelmed with emotions. She felt torn seeing the result. Part of her felt relieved, yet she felt a feeling of disappointment too. Though she knew it wasn't Wade's wish to have a baby right now, she felt ready. "Maybe someday" she thought as she hid the test under tissues in the bathroom trash bin.
    yZhxojz.png

Darla marched down the stairs to find Wade eating breakfast in the kitchen. After eating, he kissed her goodbye before trotting out the door to head off to work. Darla collected the dishes and loaded the dishwasher and started to clean around the house. She disinfected the kitchen and bathroom surfaces, vacuumed the floors, and did the laundry. She was trying to do anything and everything to distract herself from the negative pregnancy test result earlier that morning.
    Bz3xCIN.png

Nothing seemed to keep her distracted, so she turned to the internet. She found a few blogs other women wrote about their fertility and family planning journeys. Reading other's thoughts made her put things into perspective and made her feel a little better about her situation. Here she was, disappointed she didn't get pregnant, but she had no reason to feel such a way. She wasn't even trying to get pregnant! She realized the root of her problem— her partner and her wanted different things. It's a sad truth that she had to acknowledge and accept.
    B5U08FL.png

Feeling lost with what to do and how to feel, Darla threw herself into her work. She put on another yard sale for Fruit N' Fizz. She managed to sell all of her inventory! Now that she's sold out, she'll have to go back to drawing board to come up with a new flavor.
    knEOLVW.png

While Darla was selling her fizzy juice she got a call from a representative of World United. The representative thanked her for the sizable gifts Wade and her so graciously donated throughout the past year and extended an invitation to an event later that evening. Darla accepted the invitation and was told she could bring up to 6 guests. After Wade got home from work the two got dressed to impress and headed to Goth Gardens for a dinner before the event.
    B1Vn5FH.png

At Goth Gardens, the couple had a nice dinner. They ordered their meals; Wade got the rack of lamb and paired it with a glass of soft shadow avornalino while Darla got the herb-crusted salmon with a glass of riverblossom cranerlet nuala. They enjoyed their meals and gossiped about Serenity and Neal, who were two of their guests coming later that night. Who knew hooking them up on Summerfest would have turned out so well?! Now they're an official couple!
    pLCyzzY.png

The Holdens ended their night at Heart & Soul, which is an annual event put on by World United to highlight diversity. They met up with their guests, Miguel and Elena Santos and Serenity Lehman and Neal Johnston, and had a ball dancing and catching up with one another.
    CPQ6X0O.png

THURSDAY
    The next day Darla woke up in a better mood. She can't change matters she cannot control, and for now she just wants to focus on her relatively new role as a wife. Maybe she'll revisit motherhood next year. She spent her morning channeling her energy on her own body and mind by practicing a yoga routine. She really pushed herself and she finally perfected her balance enough to achieve a handstand.
    8ZyNgr6.png

Later that evening after Wade got home from work, the two headed out to Brindleton Bay. Darla read about an autumn festival taking place at Maureen's Café. First they strolled into the pumpkin patch to pick out two pumpkins to carve at the carving station.
    fr7KrJY.png

After picking their pumpkins, they moseyed over to the carving station. As Wade started to carve his pumpkin, Darla found a new furry friend! Maureen's Café was home to a family of wild rabbits. When Darla approached the rabbit, it immediately turned on its back and exposed its belly. Aww! Darla pet the rabbit and named it Cinnamon. She played with Cinnamon until it was her turn to use to carving station.
    pwD2EoP.png

Once they finished carving pumpkins, they followed the faint sound of a woman singing to find Rhi Russo performing live. Rhi Russo is a local star famous for her street performances in the Art District in San Myshuno. Everyone crowded around her to watch her perform a few spooky hits: "Hit and Run", "Reaper's Black Puddle" and "Snakes".
    3kOTBYA.png

When the Holdens arrived home from a wonderful time in Brindleton Bay, they sat down to watch the season premier of "Odder Things"...what a great way to celebrate the start of spooky season!
    5PAI3Yi.png

• Options
    HOLDEN FAM 2.0 | UPDATE 09
    OggtP1X.png
    FRIDAY
    After a sleepless night, Wade got out of bed feeling like his battery was on low. He had been up all night, tossing and turning, over a stressful situation at work. He has never been one to surrender to stress, so he put on some workout clothes and went for quick jog around the block. While jogging, he focused on his senses; gazing at the dry desert landscape, listening to children laughing and playing, and feeling the warm sun rays on his skin. Normally, grounding himself using this technique always worked, but this time— it didn't. He felt his body tense up and his mind got cloudier and cloudier. He felt like something just wasn't right. "I'll deal with this another day" he thought as he finished his jog. Today was Spooky Day and Darla had planned their entire day together to celebrate. It was time to put his issues aside so he could enjoy the rest of the day.
    a1AZujg.png

First on Darla's agenda after breakfast and decorating the house with spooky decorations was costume shopping at Borgin's Boo-Tique! Neither of them had any clue what they wanted to dress up as this year for Spooky Day, but Darla thought it would be cute if their costumes had a couple theme.
    Darla: "Hmm, what about a witch and wizard?"
    Wade: "Nah, I don't wanna carry around wands. What about a cop and criminal?"
    Darla: "Haha no! That's not a couple, that's enemies!"
    Wade: "Alright, well I want to be something cool...don't think for one minute I'm getting in salt and pepper shaker costumes.."
    kJ4x9Ro.png

They browsed around the store for a few minutes until Darla found two costumes she thought paired well together. She immediately bought the costumes before telling Wade so he would feel obligated to wear them. "Got 'em!" she yelled. They tried on their costumes and wore them out of the store. They were dressed up as a knight-like prince and princess! Outside of the boutique were pumpkin carving stations, so they each bought a pumpkin to carve and take home. Darla carved a traditional looking pumpkin, and Wade showed off his carving skills and made a pumpkin that looked like it was throwing up.
    k71WOXm.png

The couple went home to feed Captain and hand out candy to trick-or-treaters before their dinner reservations. Wade was on door duty, and one of the children was in awe when he opened the door. He looked like a real prince! The child yelled "Trick or Treat!" and Wade gave him a Fizzy Whizzbee, which was one of his favorite candies growing up. "Thank you!" the child cheered before prancing off to the next house.
    VimXr7r.png

Later that evening, they went to the Spotted Pumpkin for dinner. The restaurant had a Spooky Day tradition to give their diners a family-friendly, yet spooky experience with all staff in costume and a spooky-themed menu.
    p4QoHz5.png

They each got a Granny Smash to start. Wade held up his glass for a quick toast!
    Wade: "Happy Spooky Day babe!"
    Darla: "Yes, Happy Spooky Day!"
    GNKJpxP.png

Wade caught a glimpse of something moving. He looked up at the portrait hanging above their table.
    Wade: "Uhh, babe..did you just see that?! The picture just changed! Just a minute ago those bodies had heads!"
    Darla: "I don't know what you're talking about, dear. It's just a picture, nothing changed! Are you okay?"
    Wade: "I'm not going crazy, Darla. The picture changed!"
    i2BQH6i.png

Darla: "Gotcha! It's what this restaurant is famous for— their portrait illusions!"
    Wade felt relieved and they both laughed.
    yf41PFl.png

Darla: "So what do you say we do our rose and thorn of the week?"
    Wade: "Haha alright. Do you want to start?"
    Darla: "Sure! Okay so my rose was my spa day with the girls a few days back. It was so nice to see them and catch up, plus I love a good massage!
    Wade: "That's no surprise! Haha you've never passed up a massage. What about your thorn?"
    Darla: "And my thorn, well, my thorn has been really bothering me lately. I took a pregnancy test a couple days ago, and don't worry I'm not pregnant, but that was kind of the problem..."
    Wade: "Pardon? I don't understand. What's the problem? I didn't think we were trying to get pregnant. I thought we both agreed we weren't ready for children anytime soon. Am I wrong?"
    Darla: "I think you aren't ready, and so it doesn't really matter what I want."
    Krrgnay.png

Wade took in a deep breath and gave Darla a disappointed look.
    Wade: "Look, I'm really sorry to hear you feel this way, but this isn't the time nor the place to have this discussion. I think we should get the check and go home."
    Darla: "I didn't mean to cause an argument, Wade—"
    Wade: "That's fine if it wasn't your intention, but I feel kind of ambushed, so let's just go home. We can talk about it another time."
    DbYSXAe.png

As they got up from their table, the greeter told them to go outside to get a complimentary Spooky Day portrait taken by the restaurant photographer. Honestly, the entire exchange was kind of awkward since they clearly cut their dinner short due to a disagreement.
    Photographer: "Alright, get close together you two! On the count of three— 1,2,3!"
    ZQoBAlw.png

The Holdens went home in silence and immediately went to bed. When things are good, they're great! But when things get ugly....they're pretty ugly. Sorry to cut this part short, but we will see how the Holdens deal with this issue going forward in the next part.

Thank y'all for reading! :)
  • Options
    HOLDEN FAM 2.0 | UPDATE 10
    xxf5jX1.png
    SATURDAY
    As the weekend rolled around, Darla woke up feeling very unsettled as she thought about last night. She looked over at Wade, peacefully sleeping next her, and let out a rather long sigh. They’ve had some arguments and disagreements before, just like any couple, but this one felt..heavy. Sure she knew bringing up children may have been uncomfortable, but she never thought they would end up here— silent and upset with one another. They didn’t even speak but one word to each other last night on the drive home. When they arrived at the house, Wade went straight upstairs to bed without saying goodnight to her. She wished she was in a dream, a nightmare rather, where she could simply wake up to escape how she felt. However, this wasn’t a dream, so it was time to face her reality.
    FYo98PR.png

Darla went downstairs to make some breakfast. Whenever she feels anxious, she doesn’t have much of an appetite, so she made a bowl of fruit salad to nibble on. She stabbed at a piece of melon while staring out the kitchen window. Her eyes were looking at a bright and sunny day, but her thoughts were like a terrible storm racing through her head. She was startled by the sound of water running and listened until she figured it was just Wade taking a shower. She rinsed off her bowl and set it in the sink as she heard Wade enter the kitchen. He retrieved a bowl from the cupboard, scooped himself a helping of fruit, and sat down at the furthest seat away from Darla. Now this was just childish. How long was this silent treatment going to last?
    ppUsoPR.png

After he finished his breakfast, Wade rinsed off his bowl and placed it in the dishwasher. He mumbled a quick “thank you” and started to walk towards the living room. Darla grabbed his hand and guided him back over to the dining table. He knew what she was trying to do, but all he really wanted right now was some space.
    Wade: “Darla, I’m really not in the mood to talk right now. You put me in a tough position last night, and I need some time to think. I need a little space so I can figure things out.
    Darla: “What do you mean by figure things out? Don’t you think we should figure things out together?
    Wade: “That’s not what I meant. I don’t even know how to feel right now. You basically blamed me for your unhappiness last night. Heck, I didn’t even know you were unhappy! Ugh, you always do this.
    ezgOjDW.png

Darla: “Excuse me, always do what? Put your feelings before my own? Because that’s what I always do. Gosh Wade, you act like I was trying to cause a fight. I was trying to tell you about the negative test because it left me feeling a little depressed. You’re my husband, so I thought you would’ve acted a little more supportive. Instead you left me feeling more alone than I did before!
    Wade: “I would’ve been supportive had I known that’s what you wanted, but you never told me! I was a little shocked and you didn’t even give me a minute to process. I told you I was confused and you went on to say your feelings didn’t matter.
    Darla: “Yeah because sometimes I really feel like they don’t.
    Wade frowned and put his head down.
    Wade: “I gotta go. I told Miguel I’d meet him at the gym and I’m late.
    He walked off cradling his head in the palm of his hand. He took his gym bag as he went out the door.
    5VQsmV8.png

While at the gym, Wade and Miguel challenged each other to a hoops competition. Miguel is a much better basketball player than Wade, so it was no surprise he won. He noticed Wade’s frustration, and it seemed deeper than being a sore-loser.
    RkrX06Q.png

Miguel: “It’s okay man, you’re still the star player in Darla’s eyes!
    Wade: “Haha ehh— I don’t know about that right now.
    Miguel: “Ohhh, I get it. Trouble in paradise, my friend? We’ve all been there at some point. From personal experience, the phrase “you’re right” can get you back in good standing in no time!
    Wade: “Oh yeah, is that the trick?! Haha all joking aside, trouble is where I’m headed for sure. Just trying to get some space so I can think about it, ya know?
    Miguel’s expression quickly went from a slight smirk to a look of concern.
    Miguel: “Dude, what happened?
    Wade: “Honestly, I don’t even wanna get into it. The whole thing makes me mad.
    EChJTbZ.png

Miguel: “Ooh, well okay, why don’t you stay somewhere else for a couple days? You know, get that space you’re talking about and hey, distance makes the heart grow fonder!
    Wade: “Yeah, you’re right. I think I’ll head back to Chestnut Ridge for the weekend.
    Wade took out his phone and texted Darla.
    mkPjSiD.png

Meanwhile back at home, Darla was laying on the couch watching TV as she heard her phone beep. She got a text from Wade which read:
    Wade: “Going to CR for a couple of days. I’ll be home around 4. We’ll talk then.
    fgMmEUG.png

When Wade got back from the gym, he was greeted with a rather concerned look from Darla. She had been sitting on the couch, patiently waiting for him to get home. He went over to the couch and sat down next to her.
    Darla: “Why are you going to Chestnut Ridge? Are your parents okay?
    Wade: “They’re fine. I’m supposed to head out tomorrow, but I figured with the way things are here, an extra night won’t hurt.
    Darla: “I feel like it hurts. I don’t understand why you feel like you need to retreat from me every time there’s conflict between us."
    Wade: “It’s not you, it’s the situation. I just think a little time to ourselves might be beneficial.
    Darla: “Okay, but I’m telling you I don’t think separation is going to help resolve things. I don’t like this idea.
    sF9RaiA.png

Wade: “Why? Don’t take it personally, Darla. Space is what I need right now.
    Darla: “It’s hard not to take it personally when I’m the reason you’re leaving.
    Wade: “It’s really not you though. I’ve been feeling really burnt out lately because of work, and with things a little rocky between us, it’s just getting to be too much. I just need a couple of days, I promise I’ll be back home on Monday.
    PTEOW1M.png

Darla: “How come you didn’t tell me you’ve been burnt out? I could’ve supported you if you had told me.
    Wade: “I don’t know. I thought the feeling would pass, so I guess I didn’t feel the need to mention it.
    Darla: “You really need to work on your communication.
    Wade: “Ha yeah, you and me both.
    ioE1P7L.png

Darla: “What’s that supposed to mean? Maybe you really should leave.
    Wade: “That’s what I’m trying to do!
    Darla: “Fine, go then!
    yg8UWOX.png

Wade got up shaking his head and ran up the stairs to pack his suitcase. In less than five minutes, he came back down the stairs and walked straight out the door to the sidewalk. Darla followed him outside.
    Darla: “And you know what? Don’t call me while you’re out there. If you wanted to talk to me you would be staying here!
    Wade: “Babe, you literally just told me to leave! I’m going to my parent’s house and that’s that. See you on Monday.
    Darla turned around and walked back inside.
    qDQr5Ly.png

She felt so hurt, even Captain could sense it. If he wanted to work things out, then why wasn’t he staying? It was nearly impossible for her to look past her own hurt feelings to understand that Wade truly needed a break. As she stood in the living room, she heard a car door slam shut and he was off to Chestnut Ridge.
    WPn05Nm.png

After an hour passed by, Wade arrived at his parent’s ranch. Mae was making tuna casserole and Waylon was tending to Trusty. Waylon greeted his son with a giant hug and they walked into their home. Mae put her spoon down and ran over to Wade.
    Mae: “It’s so nice to see you!
    Waylon: “Yeah son, happy to have you here for an extra day! What’s the occasion?
    Wade: “Uhh, it’s a long story. Hey, I’m gonna step out and make a quick call.
    Mae: “Okay, dinner will be served when you get back!
    lMkoszO.png

Back in Oasis Springs, Darla sobbed herself to sleep. While she was sleeping, her phone lit up— someone was calling her. Her phone was on silent mode, so she peacefully slept through it. That’s too bad, guess they’ll have to leave a voicemail.
    nG332wq.png

That's all for now, thank y'all for reading! :)

P.S. Who do you think called Darla? I advise you to always expect the unexpected!

• Options
    HOLDEN FAM 2.0 | UPDATE 11
    5UzNEM1.png
    SUNDAY
    Darla woke up to her phone buzzing from an incoming call. It was the same unknown number that called her last night. Whoever it was, they left a voicemail, but Darla was too tired to give it any attention last night before she forced herself up the stairs and into bed. She held her phone up to look at the time. 12:51PM it said. With the night she had, she wasn't surprised she spent half her day sleeping. Was she depressed? Who knows, but she can't waste away her day in bed.
    mUt9CaD.png

She got up and went into the bathroom to freshen up. She brushed her teeth and picked out a facemask to wear. Although she feels exhausted and cheerless, she doesn't have to look that way. After putting on her facemask she went downstairs to grab some leftover fruit salad.
    jnq1hbd.png

Once she finished her fruit, she went over to the kitchen and loaded her bowl into the dishwasher. Her facemask felt very tight across her skin, so she went into the downstairs powder room and discarded it. She heard her phone buzzing on the kitchen counter. Who the heck kept calling her? She grabbed her phone and tapped the button to decline the call. In curiosity, she opened her voicemail box on her phone. Her phone displayed she had an unheard message. She went over to the couch, laid down and pushed play.
    "Hi Darla, this is Cynthia calling on behalf of the Sadness Hotline. We got a tip from an ACS (Anonymous Concerned Sim) letting us know you may be in need of our assistance. Please don't hesitate to give us a call if you're feeling stressy, depressy or lemon-zesty!"
    vpq72qF.png

She felt so unbelievably embarrassed. Were things really that bad she needed assistance from the Sadness Hotline? She cradled her head in her hand and cried, not because she was sad, but she was so mad her only way to release it was in tears.
    mMA5hdL.png

After she pulled herself together sorta, she called the one and only person who could have given the anonymous tip. She heard the phone ring twice and then it went silent for a few seconds. "Hello?"
    Darla: "Wade Archer Holden! Why in the world would you call the Sadness Hotline on me?! What good did you think that would do? Do you even understand how embarrassing it is to get a call from them, let alone three?!"
    oIa3RhB.png

Wade: "Hey, don't get mad at me! You seemed so upset yesterday after lashing out at me, and then you told me not to call. What was I supposed to do? If you wouldn't talk to me, I thought maybe you'd talk to someone else. The Sadness Hotline was my last resort and only choice!"
    Darla: "I would rather you call yourself than do what you did! You blew this entire thing out of proportion!"
    Wade: "Oh my gosh, Darla...you're the one blowing all of this out of proportion. We could have resolved everything yesterday, but then you got all offended and told me to leave."
    Darla: "You were leaving anyway!"
    Wade: "Whatever. Are you done yelling at me now?"
    Darla: "......"
    Wade: "Ugh, look—"
    vk93ewu.png

Darla: "Nope. I don't wanna hear it. I'm packing your things and you can come pick them up from the house. You wanted your space and you're going to get it."
    Wade: "What?! You've got to be kidding."
    Darla: "I'm as serious as a heart attack, Wade."
    JvwQ4oG.png

Wade didn't want anything to escalate any further.
    Wade: "Alright. I can swing by in a few hours after I help my dad with the horses."
    KNiOXF6.png

Darla hung up in the phone. What did she just do? She really needs to learn to dial back her reactions. She didn't mean for any of this to happen, and now it's all spiraling out of control. Her heart felt even more broken than it was before calling Wade. When she threatened him with more separation, she thought he was going to put up more of a fight— a fight for her. Her emotions were stirring up a frenzy in her head. She was seeing red! She went upstairs to get changed and pack Wade's stuff. If he was coming over to get his things, then she was going to have them packed and waiting for him.
    gX005Zr.png

In the late afternoon, Wade came around the house to pick up his things. Darla was waiting for him on the front porch with a box of his old junk from their university days.
    Darla: "Here."
    She set the box in front of him and took out an old picture frame. The frame had a picture of them from the day they first met back in Britechester. She threw the frame on the ground behind him. Wade couldn’t believe what he just witnessed.
    Wade: "What are you doing? My gosh, can we talk for a minute?"
    Darla: "Okay, talk."
    She crossed her arms and waited for his response. Her sass was going to ruin everything if she kept this up..
    8Nh4h8Y.png

Wade: "C'mon Darla, I mean can we go inside and talk?"
    Darla: "Nuh-uh. You came over to get your stuff, so pick up your things and go back to CR."
    Wade: "How about we just breathe for a second?"
    He placed his hands on her shoulders and leaned down to make his eyes level with hers.
    Wade: "Let's talk about this...please?"
    Darla felt herself starting to calm down as she let out a deep breath.
    Darla: "Alright."
    eFSZSA0.png

They walked into the house together and sat down in the living room. Wade pulled out his phone to text his parents and warn them he may not be coming back so soon. Unaware of who he was texting, Darla felt disrespected when he immediately pulled out his phone as soon as they sat down. Who could be more important to him while he was supposed to be talking to her?
    Darla: "Ahem. Are we going to talk or what?"
    Wade glanced up at her.
    Wade: "I'm texting my mom."
    dkSYDTQ.png

Wade finished his text and faced his phone down on his stomach.
    Wade: "Do you wanna tell me where all of this anger is coming from? Why did you throw our picture on the ground like that? Like what have I done to deserve that?"
    Darla: "You didn't fight for me, Wade."
    Wade: "What do you mean?"
    Darla: "When I told you to come get your things, you didn't even ask why or argue against it. Instead, you agreed. I'll admit I've let my emotions get out of control, but it's not really anger. I feel really hurt. It's like you want nothing to do with me now."
    bVmTbXT.png

Wade: "Trust me Darla, I want everything to do with you, but I just needed a little time to myself. Like I said yesterday, wanting to be alone didn't have much to do with you and mostly related to feeling burnt out. I wanted a little break. I get now that you didn't understand that, and I should've done a better job trying to explain how I felt to you. The bottom line is we both could've communicated better, honestly. I should have told you about my burn out a long time ago and you should've told me you felt unhappy with my stance on kids. We're supposed to be a team and work together, but these past couple of days we've been fighting against each other. I'm sick of it."
    Darla: "If you're sick of it, then why did you give me the silent treatment after I brought up kids on Friday?"
    Wade: "I don't know. I guess you surprised me. It's not like we never brought up kids before, but back when we had that conversation, you said you were okay with waiting. If you felt differently back then, you could've spoke up."
    Bei0cji.png

Darla: "You’re right, I could’ve spoke up, but I didn’t. You wanna know why? Do you remember back in Britechester when I got pregnant? I was scared, but I was more excited than anything. When I showed you the positive test, you looked as pale as a ghost. The thing is Wade, you immediately assumed I wasn't going to go through with it. You didn't even ask me how I felt or what I wanted to do. It was all about you."
    Wade: "We were so young though. I mean no 20-year-old guy wants to become a dad that young. I had other things to focus on— soccer, my fraternity, not to mention my degree!"
    Darla: "Hey, I had other things going on too, but a baby would've been a welcome addition to that list. It doesn't even matter, the past is in the past, but you still have that mentality. You assume because you're not ready, that I must not be ready either. I never said I wanted to wait, instead I told you I can wait. There's a big difference."
    rr3e1vZ.png

Wade: "I care about how you feel, but I can’t read your mind. You have to tell me if you disagree then and there, otherwise I won’t know and we’ll experience this mess all over again. So you're saying you want kids now?"
    Darla: "Well, it doesn't have to happen now exactly, but I don't want to stay in this waiting period for long."
    Wade: "Okay. I'm not against the idea or anything, but I hoped we wouldn't try until we were financially..and emotionally both ready. Work has me stressed out right now, and adding a baby to the mix just doesn't seem like the best idea."
    Darla: "Wade, life is full of stressors. Part of living life is learning how to deal with them."
    Wade: "If it means this much to you, I'm all for it. It's just a little scary, that's all."
    Darla: "Well then we can be scared together because I'm scared too."
    xh87JNG.png

It was late as they wrapped up their conversation. They made a lot of progress and ultimately decided to wait a little longer to start trying for a baby. Darla thought the summer would be a good time to revisit the idea. By that time, Wade will have had enough time to get used to the idea without making Darla wait too long to fulfill one of her lifetime dreams of becoming a mother. They went upstairs and changed into their PJ's. Wade was going to stay the night and drive back to Chestnut Ridge in the morning to get his clothes that were still at his parent's house. Darla fell asleep straight away, but Wade had a much harder time relaxing. Someone once told him a lot of people struggle with sleep because sleep requires peace — he felt that.
    KSltp2W.png

That's all for now, thank y'all for reading! :)
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    HOLDEN FAM 2.0 | UPDATE 12
    8slEswO.png
    MONDAY
    In with the new and out with the old! It's a new week and Darla woke up in a refreshed mood. She put on her favorite yellow sleep romper and went downstairs to whip up some fruit salad for breakfast. Once she got into the kitchen, she turned on some pop music and took some fruit out of the fridge to chop up. After preparing breakfast, she and Wade sat at the dining table to eat.
    u5IHrt6.png

After eating, Darla gathered some laundry from the powder room and placed it into the washing machine. Wade came up behind her and hugged her waist. He twirled her around and dipped her into a kiss.
    Wade: "Alright, I gotta get going or I'll be late to work, but I'll see you tonight. Don't forget Miguel and Elena are coming over for movie night!"
    3lC7yim.png

As Wade headed out the door to go to work, Darla made her way back over to the kitchen and cranked up the volume on the speaker. She started moving her hips to the beat while washing dishes and before she knew it, she was dancing around the kitchen. This is what true happiness felt like!
    NXehbFW.png

Later that morning, after watering her berry garden, she went outside onto the patio. There, she lit some lemon-scented incense and performed a quick yoga routine. It was nice to clear her mind of all the drama that went on the past few days and just focus on her movement. Every move was perfectly executed, she didn't mess up once!
    NDE3wiE.png

In the evening, after Wade came home from work, they invited Miguel and Elena Santos over for a movie night. The night began with sweet corn pizza and fruit nectar for dinner. As they ate, they gossiped about the neighbors, joked about old times from their Uni days, and critiqued the heck out of the fruit nectar since it wasn't from Vintage Vineyards. Obviously, no other nectar could compare to Mae's creations!
    4fBc3sx.png

Once they finished eating and the conversation started to wind down, they made their way over to the living room and picked a movie to watch. Tonight was Elena's turn to pick, so she went with a University classic— College Cram! They all sat down with a bowl of buttered popcorn to watch. They laughed, they cried, overall it was a splendid time! After the movie, Miguel and Elena thanked the Holdens for hosting and went home.
    Sn3laqp.png

TUESDAY
    The next day, Darla went out to breakfast at the Summer Moon Café in Magnolia Promenade. It was a beautiful fall day with crisp air and leaves falling off of the colorful trees. She ordered a café latte, grabbed a newspaper from the stand, and sat down to read the latest news.
    GSi1vlY.png

"Mysterious Disappearance of Agnes Crumplebottom" the newspaper headline read. Darla quickly skimmed the article. As she was reading, she heard a woman's voice speaking.
    Lilliana: "Sad, isn't it? Her cowplant got the best of her."
    Surprised, Darla turned around to find one of her childhood friends, Lilliana, reading behind her shoulder.
    Darla: "Why yes, it's terrible! I cannot imagine how devastated Agatha is."
    Lilliana: "You know, I heard she isn't devastated at all. Now that's the real mystery!"
    CP8BJEV.png

Darla and Lilliana made their way over to a small table in the front of Summer Moon and continued to gossip about the news of Agnes Crumplebottom.
    TEpuCzB.png

After a long day at Magnolia Promenade, Darla went back home and got ready for date night with Wade. She picked out her favorite cream sweater, a brown skirt, and tied her hair up in a bun. She finished her look with a reddish-brown lipstick and took one last glance in the mirror before Wade yelled for her as it was time to head out to San Sequoia.
    7G7Cpza.png

The Holdens went out to a restaurant called Irene's. The menu focused on Asian-fusion cuisine and eccentric cocktails. After the couple put in their order, Wade had some exciting news to share. He got promoted to Brigadier! Darla was so proud of him.
    UlN61vB.png

Their food came out to the table. Wade got the beef yakisoba with a silent film drink and Darla got the sukiyaki paired with a sea of fire to drink. They both enjoyed their meals while laughing at one another. Neither one of them were too skilled with chopsticks!
    BoTMmiQ.png

It was nighttime now and the stars were out in the sky. Dinner was almost over, but Wade had a surprise for Darla up his sleeve.
    YG1H8ov.png

After paying the bill, Wade and Darla walked out of Irene's. Wade stopped and pulled out a small silver box and presented it to Darla.
    "For me?" Darla gasped.
    QJQk99h.png

Wade: "Of course it's for you!"
    Darla: "Aww, Wade you didn't have to get me anything! What's the special occasion?"
    Wade: "Haha I don't need a special occasion to warrant a gift! Go ahead, open it."
    Darla: "Oh my— this is beautiful!"
    QeLsgp7.png

Wade pulled out a stunning vintage gold necklace. The necklace had a heart-shaped pendant.
    Wade: "I saw this the other day and I thought it would look good on you. Do you like it?"
    Darla: "Like it? I love it! Will you help me put it on?"
    Wade: "Of course."
    93j5Kcp.png

He unhooked the necklace's clasp and placed it around Darla's neck.
    0CYZ4A8.png

Once the necklace was on, Darla turned around to hug and thank him for the gift. She felt so special!
    ddo9iOW.png

They went home and changed into their PJ's. Darla laid on the bed, opening her planner and notebook.
    Darla: "Harvestfest is coming up in two days and we need to plan out the menu."
    Wade: "Now? Can't this wait?"
    Darla: "No Wade, you need to go out to the market tomorrow and get all of our groceries, so we need to figure it out tonight."
    Wade laid beside Darla and threw a tennis ball in the air.
    Wade: "Uhh, alright. Well turkey is a good start..."
    6IARl47.png

Thirty minutes later, they finished their Harvestfest meal grocery list.
    Wade: "So now that we've figured out Harvestfest...let's do something more fun."
    Darla: "Haha well what do you have in mind?"
    Wade smirked.
    a4RY3dI.png

They both shot up and grabbed pillows— pillow fight! These two always know how to have a good time!
    thZk1Pv.png

Well, that's all for now. Nothing too dramatic, but I needed some wholesome gameplay this week.
  • Options
    HOLDEN FAM 2.0 | UPDATE 13
    sS4oUrl.png
    MONDAY
    After a busy Harvestfest weekend, the Holdens had plans to go on a snowy escape to Mt. Komorebi! Typically, Darla plans all vacation itineraries, but this time Wade got his chance to shine. Early on Monday morning, they hailed a sUber to the airport to start their week-long getaway!
    br8EdNV.png

After hours on the plane, they arrived to their destination. They planned to stay at a new hotel which opened a month ago called the Great Elk Lodge in Kiyomatsu. After checking in and settling into their suite, they went downstairs to grab a bite to eat. Brunch was served, so Wade grabbed a plate of french toast from the buffet while Darla got a farmhouse omelet from the omelet station! They both ordered ice teas to drink. The ambiance in the dining room was so beautiful with the sun rays shining through the frosted windows. Ahh, what a gorgeous morning!
    XYMzqQN.png

The first day of their vacation was going to be spent in the neighborhood (town) of Senbamachi. There, sims could take in the local sights via a hiking tour, eat local cuisine at the ramen shop, and experience the best of Mt. Komorebi's nightlife at the karaoke bar. Wade planned a whole day to experience all that Senbamachi can offer. First up was the hiking tour of Senbamachi's bamboo forest. This tour offered breath-taking sites of the forest with stops at local landmarks like the temple and mountain shrine!
    T1mLmOx.png

It began to lightly snow just as they were starting their hike, but they got some beautiful pictures to take home. This tour was one to remember!
    HAVQbu1.png
    ZdK3gCh.png

The tour ended just as the sun was setting, and the ambiance was magical.
    Darla: "So, what's next on your list?"
    Wade: "There's a ramen spot I found on SimTrip and it has really good reviews. Let's head over there. Hope you're hungry!"
    3XR1vJM.png

They made their way back into town to a little whole-in-the-wall ramen restaurant called Gangnam Zip.
    rz83R3O.png

There they each tried a local cuisine. Wade ordered the beef yakisoba with a plum soda to drink and Darla got the seaweed ramen with melon soda. They still weren't too skilled with chopsticks, but they're likely going to get the hang of it since they'll be spending a week here!
    pXzhqLS.png

Darla: "I'm really impressed, honey. You did a great job putting the day together!"
    Wade: "Why thank you, but we're not quite finished in Senbamachi."
    Darla: "Oh? What are we doing after this? It's getting kind of late."
    Wade: "I don't think you want to skip out on what's next. I think it might be your favorite activity of the day."
    EiTIcYV.png

Darla: "Hmm, can I get a hint?"
    Wade: "Haha sure, you'll love it and I'll be embarrassed."
    Darla: "Oh! Then you're right, it probably will be my favorite!"
    nw2tXjR.png

After their bellies were full and the check was paid, they headed out to the karaoke bar. Wade went to the sign up sheet to sign them up for a duet and a solo performance. It was their turn, and they picked a country song to sing. Wade's not a particularly "good" singer. Matter of fact, he cannot hold a tune to save his life, but Darla has quite a natural talent. Overall, their performance was okay a.k.a. the crowd didn't boo them off stage!
    pI3dsC4.png

After a few performances from other karaoke singers, it was Darla's turn again for a solo performance. She totally nailed it! She chose another country song, but since she was the only one singing this time, the crowd went wild and cheered her on! It was so cute watching Wade clap for her in the first row! :)
    S9U6b6H.png

After a couple of hours of watching various karaoke singers, the Holdens retired back to their hotel suite to wind down and get some rest.
    2Y1fVly.png

TUESDAY
    The next day, Wade and Darla slept in for most of the morning. They were quite jet-lagged! They woke up in time for last call to get some brunch. Since Wade thought Darla’s omelet looked delicious yesterday, he decided to go to the omelet station and grab one while Darla put together a BLT sandwich at the salad bar. They each grabbed a protein shake to drink since the plan for today was physical activity-heavy.
    1mFhnld.png

After eating, the Holdens walked over to a separate building on the hotel’s premises to participate in an indoor rock climbing training session. Rock climbing fits all three of Wade’s passions— fitness, outdoors, and adventure! One of his goals to (hopefully) achieve during this trip is to climb to the top of Mt. Komorebi with Darla. Since neither one of them have much rock climbing experience, they’ll be participating in indoor and outdoor rock climbing training sessions. During the session, Darla kept losing her grip and falling off the wall. Poor girl, she’s pretty clumsy, so this task is quite ambitious for her!
    0ixvxds.png

The rock climbing sessions were exhilarating yet taxing. Once the sessions came to a close, both Wade and Darla went into the sauna to relax. After the sauna, they each took a muscle-relaxing soak in the tub. They'll be sore for the next couple of days, but it's well worth it!
    Jo2HfGp.png

The evening hours rolled around and the hotel opened up their dining room to serve dinner. That night, guests had one red meat option, one white meat option and one vegetarian option. Wade got the rack of lamb while Darla took a plate of chicken saltimbocca. They both ordered glasses of grape nectar to drink.
    yvN3RVH.png

After dinner, they checked out a couple of puzzles from the front desk and spent the night putting them together. During this sweet bonding activity, they found out just how good of a team they were. They put both puzzles together in no time, and both puzzles were 500 pieces each!
    19xgHAc.png

As the night came to an end, they went back up to their hotel suite to go to bed and get some rest. With Polar Palooza right around the corner, they have a lot to look forward to!
    WqSR0EJ.png