Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Braving the 100 babies Challenge [Support group started]

The challenge used to be hard but doable. Now with infants, it is much more difficult. Not for the faint of heart. I am thinking of criteria for aging up infants early. The best I have is maybe the sleep-through-the-night milestone, and then they can age. I would do it when they could sit up on their own, but I am having enough difficulty already just keeping everyone's needs met. Between one on the way, a newborn, a younger and older infant, and a toddler, poor mama does not have time to do anything. It may be more accessible when the first child ages up to a teen. I am beginning to think that you might need two caregivers to do this challenge now, however, with how the sims automatically cue to care for a newborn or infant as soon as they start to fuss.

Is anyone else attempting the challenge yet?
What ideas do you have for infants aging up?

Three milestones seemed too easy. They picked them up quickly.
Aging newborns early and raising infants for five days seems like cheating.
This is why I chose to sleep through the night. I figured doing so would signal they were ready to be toddlers.
--However, this might be harder depending on trait/quirk combos.

Comments

• Options
    angelbearangelbear Posts: 151 Member
    I know that I have decided when it comes to stayovers, I will allow them to give my poor sim a break with some help, but I can only accept not initiating, as that seems too much like cheating.

On the plus side, now that dirty diapers and bottles are a thing, I have money from the money trashcan that can help out when she cannot make it to paint or garden.
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @angelbear

It seems there are 25 milestones, so perhaps 10 would be a good compromise for aging up an infant? Some of them are pretty situational, too. I might try running a new 100 baby challenge and see how it goes and whether it's absolutely deadly, but using the 10 milestone thing, and seeing whether they naturally age up first or not. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,106 Member
    Goodness, are you brave! I'm not ready for that challenge yet lol. Haven't even done infants with aging on yet!
  • Options
    Goodness, are you brave! I'm not ready for that challenge yet, lol. I haven't even done infants with aging on yet!

It is challenging, and if I wait for the sleep-through-the-night milestone, I have only had one or two get it. And one age up naturally. They honestly spend a lot of time sleeping on their playmat instead of the crib because she gets busy caring for someone else, they fall asleep, and I follow the old saying let the sleeping baby lay. I think may last game play session was the first one where I had mom needs all green for once, and it is only because I finally managed to get everyone on a different sleeping schedule and was able to afford a better bed instead of the middle of the road one I had. A better bed is a top priority, if not the first thing you buy. I am so glad also; I spent all my time painting and listing paintings to plopsy before things got busy, so I had money trickle in when she was too busy to do anything.
  • Options
    @angelbear

It seems there are 25 milestones, so perhaps 10 would be a good compromise for aging up an infant? Some of them are pretty situational, too. I might try running a new 100 baby challenge and see how it goes and whether it's absolutely deadly, but using the 10 milestone thing, and seeing whether they naturally age up first or not. Fingers crossed!

Let me know how it goes; I think it got complicated after my second newborn aged up, and I had two infants. That was the one I tried to do: wait until they could sit up and get that milestone the day of their birthday but before the notification. I got rolled over on day 3, I think. I forget how many milestones I got altogether. Still, some of them are situational, and I think this one only got so many because I had an elder stayover pop up about new families and helping out, and I clicked yes. The next one got to sleep through the night on day 4, and I decided to age them. Stayovers are a godsend, and I hope to get another pop-up soon. So far, a better bed and prioritizing getting everyone on a different sleep schedule so that only one or two are up at a time, including mom, is a must. It is the only way I can get her needs instead well met. Unless you get multiples....it does look like, at most, you will have an older infant.....day 3 or so. A younger, fresh, just aged-up infant, a newborn, and a toddler at once when it comes to younger kids if you get pregnant back to back. Which is what I have been doing. Toddlers are tougher on the potty training because mom stops and ques up check the crying baby the second they start crying which is the biggest problem; she will stop working on whatever kid she is working on, and go to them. Which helps and doesn't help.
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    angelbear wrote: »
    @angelbear

Let me know how it goes; I think it got complicated after my second newborn aged up, and I had two infants. That was the one I tried to do: wait until they could sit up and get that milestone the day of their birthday but before the notification. I got rolled over on day 3, I think. I forget how many milestones I got altogether. Still, some of them are situational, and I think this one only got so many because I had an elder stayover pop up about new families and helping out, and I clicked yes. The next one got to sleep through the night on day 4, and I decided to age them. Stayovers are a godsend, and I hope to get another pop-up soon. So far, a better bed and prioritizing getting everyone on a different sleep schedule so that only one or two are up at a time, including mom, is a must. It is the only way I can get her needs instead well met. Unless you get multiples....it does look like, at most, you will have an older infant.....day 3 or so. A younger, fresh, just aged-up infant, a newborn, and a toddler at once when it comes to younger kids if you get pregnant back to back. Which is what I have been doing. Toddlers are tougher on the potty training because mom stops and ques up check the crying baby the second they start crying which is the biggest problem; she will stop working on whatever kid she is working on, and go to them. Which helps and doesn't help.

That sounds so tough! I've just gotten my first infant on this challenge, and I'm going to see how it goes. Hopefully well, but still! I didn't know what the whole stayover thing was, but it's definitely an interesting mechanic - but would it be like the butler/nanny mechanic?
  • Options
    @angelbear

That sounds so tough! I've just gotten my first infant on this challenge, and I'm going to see how it goes. Hopefully well, but still! I didn't know what the whole stayover thing was, but it's definitely an interesting mechanic - but would it be like the butler/nanny mechanic?

I thought about that. However I have only so far gotten one stay over prompt, they are limited, and you cannot really control what the other sim does, so it balances out. This is why I said I would only accept if prompted. I don't know I guess it will depend long term.
  • Options
    WinterKhirinWinterKhirin Posts: 248 Member
    I have been thinking about this challenge too. But a little nervous after having an infant in my other gameplay lol. I did see someone suggest 10 milestones and then letting them age up and I think that might be doable, but they do seem to age up pretty quickly on their own. My infant never got to crawling or pulling themselves up. Never got to try first foods, except for one! It was rough lol
    Owlenmoon is the house which most values creativity and wisdom. They're intellectual and introspective, and can find poetry in situations that may appear irrelevant to others. They're also good at making things more complicated than what they're supposed to be.

• Options
    I have been thinking about this challenge too. But a little nervous after having an infant in my other gameplay lol. I did see someone suggest 10 milestones and then letting them age up and I think that might be doable, but they do seem to age up pretty quickly on their own. My infant never got to crawling or pulling themselves up. Never got to try first foods, except for one! It was rough lol

That is kind of what has been happening for the most part in my game. The aging up on their own. I think I had only one ...no two that got the sleep through the night and thought that was a good reason to age them up early, but it was like only one day early I think.
  • Options
    I am thinking instead of unlocking 10. Having to unlock at least two in each category. This would require you to do at least sum tummy time. As there seem to be at least 4 milestones in each area. I think I am going to try that with my next infant to see. Maybe 2 mile stones in each skill and 2-3 firsts, because those seem easier to get.
  • Options
    I think...after taking a step way and playing with just one infant in my family save all the way through I figured out a plausible balance. I noticed that infants have certain grey milestones they have to unlock, in each category. After the primary ones are unlocked the rest are sort of just extra. I am wondering if you should aim to do all the primary ones, in each category. Then when no one grey ones appear you are good. I know when I just focused on one there had to be like 20ish milestones I unlocked without really grinding it. There seems to be 4 standard or expected for each category, minus first, which I do not include because why cute are just to situational.
  • Options
    WinterKhirinWinterKhirin Posts: 248 Member
    Hmm, that's interesting really. I will have to look at those more closely. Maybe that could work just getting the main ones?
    Owlenmoon is the house which most values creativity and wisdom. They're intellectual and introspective, and can find poetry in situations that may appear irrelevant to others. They're also good at making things more complicated than what they're supposed to be.

• Options
    Hmm, that's interesting. I will have to look at those more closely. Maybe that could work just by getting the main ones?

That is what I am thinking. If you pull up milestones, you see a some are grayed out. Those are the most common ones of the age, is what I gathered; all others are extra. So if you can get at least the common ones, i.e., no more grayed-out milestones, it should provide a challenge outside of caring for the infant. I still want to raise a few more infants before I try to jump back into that save. I have a pregnant sim right now. I want to note which ones are gray, what I did to accomplish them, and what day the infant was when they were done. Then possibly post it here for feedback.
  • Options
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    The challenge used to be hard but doable. Now with infants, it is much more difficult. Not for the faint of heart. I am thinking of criteria for aging up infants early. The best I have is maybe the sleep-through-the-night milestone, and then they can age. I would do it when they could sit up on their own, but I am having enough difficulty already just keeping everyone's needs met. Between one on the way, a newborn, a younger and older infant, and a toddler, poor mama does not have time to do anything. It may be more accessible when the first child ages up to a teen. I am beginning to think that you might need two caregivers to do this challenge now, however, with how the sims automatically cue to care for a newborn or infant as soon as they start to fuss.

This is why I chose to sleep through the night. I figured doing so would signal they were ready to be toddlers.

Kudos to you for braving this challenge with infants!! I am also playing 100 baby challenge right now. For infants, I'm playing them the full 5 days. I'm not sure when is the right time to age them up early, so I just decided to play them the full 5 days. But I totally think it's fine that you're setting your own rules for infants. I think the # of milestones is a good idea....but I'm not hitting the milestones, maybe getting 8 lol...so I don't see aging infants up early in my future if I was to use milestones lol haha.

I also play where my matriarch ages (w/MCCC). I always thought it was too easy to just pop out babies & never age. With the age spans increasing, it seems like this challenge could be completed in 1-2 generations. My trade-off for allowing my matriarch to age....is I play with occult incentives. Any spellcaster, vampire, alien etc babies count as 2 babies when they age to YA (this is part of the optional rules but is huge).

Infants has for sure made this challenge a game changer lol. The struggle is real and I'm only 2 toddler, 2 infants and 2 newborns in lol. Since there aren't rules yet for infants (that i've seen), i'd say make it your own. This challenge is supposed to be fun....so I always think it's cool when Simmer experiment and customize to their playstyle. Happy Simming!
  • Options
    The rules for infants just came out. I posted the link above in ano

Kudos to you for braving this challenge with infants!! I am also playing 100 baby challenge right now. For infants, I'm playing them the full 5 days. I'm not sure when is the right time to age them up early, so I just decided to play them the full 5 days. But I totally think it's fine that you're setting your own rules for infants. I think the # of milestones is a good idea....but I'm not hitting the milestones, maybe getting 8 lol...so I don't see aging infants up early in my future if I was to use milestones lol haha.

I also play where my matriarch ages (w/MCCC). I always thought it was too easy to just pop out babies & never age. With the age spans increasing, it seems like this challenge could be completed in 1-2 generations. My trade-off for allowing my matriarch to age....is I play with occult incentives. Any spellcaster, vampire, alien etc babies count as 2 babies when they age to YA (this is part of the optional rules but is huge).

Infants has for sure made this challenge a game changer lol. The struggle is real and I'm only 2 toddler, 2 infants and 2 newborns in lol. Since there aren't rules yet for infants (that i've seen), i'd say make it your own. This challenge is supposed to be fun....so I always think it's cool when Simmer experiment and customize to their playstyle. Happy Simming!

It has made it harder, the rules for infants came out a few days ago, I am on my second try, or my first official because the first one was kind of my test run through. I posted the link above if your curious to check out the rules. It does use milestones, but unless I have the babies further apart, I don't see how I can accomplish it. My thought process is to rush tummy time, so they can do it on their own, that does seem to help with the infant play mats, but on day 4 and have not hit crawl so I see infants staying around for five days at least until I can get my first teen maybe.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Alright:
    Current Stats
    Pregnancy: 3
    Birth: 2
    Newborn: 2
    Infant: 1
    Toddler: 1
    Total: 2 with one on the way.

I was able to age the first up two days early. However, I am now struggling with the second Elenor ended her stay. Also really low on money and not sure how to get toddler stats up; I might try another baby shower, just keeping the matriarch mood up...usually sleep has been a challenge, never mind trying to paint. I have been living off the money trashcan bottles/diapers/plate fund. Books might be the better way to go.

I am learning you must rush tummy time to the point they can do it independently. Once they do that, spamming the baby mat interactions seems to help collect the other milestones. I had to physically pick up the infant and learn to sit and crawl to make those two go faster. One time each, as opposed to endless tummy time.

I foresee the next few infants being around for five days until I start getting teens unless I get a stay-over prompt. Why the official rules say you are supposed to have them relax, it was only with the supporting help of Elenor that I was able to achieve the milestones. I think I will follow my rules on learning all essential milestones to age early.

3 Fine Motor - Reach, Grab, Toe in Mouth
    6 Gross Motor - Lift Head, Tummy to Back, Back to Tummy, Creep, Sit Up, Crawl
    4 Social - Smile, coo, laugh, able

Most social, they learned automatically with little for me, but a few talking prompts.

I might add, try to find one food and finger food they like for the challenge.

The gross motor slows down things, as they cannot do tummy time on their own until they master the first three milestones, which take about 6 to 9 tummy time with adult sessions to do. They learned to creep and sit up independently, and then I had to have her teach them to crawl. They might have been able to do it on their own, but teaching seems to help speed up.
  • Options
    afoxstailafoxstail Posts: 29 Member
    In my rules of a 100 babies challenge, I don't have Growing Together so my rule for infants is that they have to have tried every food in the high chair which is a challenge in itself. I don't envy any of you playing with milestones! Best of luck :)
  • Options
    afoxstail wrote: »
    In my rules of a 100 babies challenge, I don't have Growing Together so my rule for infants is that they have to have tried every food in the high chair which is a challenge in itself. I don't envy any of you playing with milestones! Best of luck :)

I'll tell you what. I am on 4 kids with one on the way. I don't think my sim remembers what sleep or using the bathroom is. 🤔 despite my best abilities and forget money making that's with the. I am thinking of bending the rules and hiring a butler. Letting them help if she can afford them. Because at least it's better than spamming the stayover and letting them on occasion help for free. Or I just don't know if it is doable. Infants are to much work. It's either that or just take care of them let them age up after 5 days. But once I got to pregnant two infants and a toddler it was.......intense. Then again i am a glutton for punishment as my sim has to vaccime and do laundry....but searching thr pockets is decent passinve income. So are dist bunnies. the toddler was always sad from lack of attention. And I had to buy a tablet for the communications skill because the animals are broken? They cab only bable once per day. At least in my game. And my sims pop out of the shower and reset every few showes or bath. So not sure what is causing those bugs.
  • Options
    Alright:
    Current Stats

I was able to age the first up two days early. However, I am now struggling with the second Elenor ended her stay. Also really low on money and not sure how to get toddler stats up; I might try another baby shower, just keeping the matriarch mood up...usually sleep has been a challenge, never mind trying to paint. I have been living off the money trashcan bottles/diapers/plate fund. Books might be the better way to go.

I am learning you must rush tummy time to the point they can do it independently. Once they do that, spamming the baby mat interactions seems to help collect the other milestones. I had to physically pick up the infant and learn to sit and crawl to make those two go faster. One time each, as opposed to endless tummy time.

I foresee the next few infants being around for five days until I start getting teens unless I get a stay-over prompt. Why the official rules say you are supposed to have them relax, it was only with the supporting help of Elenor that I was able to achieve the milestones. I think I will follow my rules on learning all essential milestones to age early.

Most social, they learned automatically with little for me, but a few talking prompts.

The gross motor slows down things, as they cannot do tummy time on their own until they master the first three milestones, which take about 6 to 9 tummy time with adult sessions to do. They learned to creep and sit up independently, and then I had to have her teach them to crawl. They might have been able to do it on their own, but teaching seems to help speed up.

Thanks so much for linking the updated challenge rules!! I really appreciate that. Wow, so if Growing Together is installed can't age infants up until they have tried 3 mashed foods, 1 finger good plus Crawling and Pincher Grasp milestones....wow that is super strict. I really like your rules as they seem achievable. Right now, my infants are taking the full 5 days. The only plus going on my side...is I'm really good with toddlers & getting them to age up quickly. & child doesn't seem to hard with getting an A plus having high confidence. So far I have 4 kids...set of twins about to age to toddler and the infants age in 1 day...and matriarch is pregnant (probably with another set of twins). So yeah super challenging for sure! I do hope you keep us posted on how your challenge is going. I'd love to hear how it's going.
  • Options
    Alright:
    Current Stats

Thanks so much for linking the updated challenge rules!! I really appreciate that. Wow, so if Growing Together is installed can't age infants up until they have tried 3 mashed foods, 1 finger good plus Crawling and Pincher Grasp milestones....wow that is super strict. I really like your rules as they seem achievable. Right now, my infants are taking the full 5 days. The only plus going on my side...is I'm really good with toddlers & getting them to age up quickly. & child doesn't seem to hard with getting an A plus having high confidence. So far I have 4 kids...set of twins about to age to toddler and the infants age in 1 day...and matriarch is pregnant (probably with another set of twins). So yeah super challenging for sure! I do hope you keep us posted on how your challenge is going. I'd love to hear how it's going.

It's going. I have fallen into a decent rhythm.
    Basically it's wake up feed then change and put infant or infants on mat quick tummy time. Run to see to a need or two more tummy time. But infants to sleep sleep myself rinse repeate at the moment it is doable. Though at one point I did let a day gap between my pregnancy just so my sim could recover a bit. Still living on bottle plate and diaper income but we are making it.
  • Options
    @angelbear That's awesome that you found a good rhythm. I learned the first time I did this challenge...that having a routine works wonders lol. I haven't gotten into a good groove yet. The infants just require so much time and with multiples it's just impossible to get anything else done.

Yeah the money grind is rough in my game too. The toddlers aged to Child and the infants aged to toddlers, so actually getting a chance to make money for a bit. But she pregnant with twins and due any day now so lol. I think once I get my household to 8 Sims...and it's just a matter of aging everyone up to YA and there's no pregnancies until first baby/YA moves out...that "break" will be nice. I'm debating getting a pet. I know a pet will take up a slot but I'm not in a super rush. It usually takes me 4 generations to finish this challenge and I'm already expecting a longer time to complete lol. How long do you think it'll take you to finish the challenge?
  • Options
    @angelbear That's awesome that you found a good rhythm. I learned the first time I did this challenge...that having a routine works wonders lol. I haven't gotten into a good groove yet. The infants just require so much time and with multiples it's just impossible to get anything else done.

Yeah the money grind is rough in my game too. The toddlers aged to Child and the infants aged to toddlers, so actually getting a chance to make money for a bit. But she pregnant with twins and due any day now so lol. I think once I get my household to 8 Sims...and it's just a matter of aging everyone up to YA and there's no pregnancies until first baby/YA moves out...that "break" will be nice. I'm debating getting a pet. I know a pet will take up a slot but I'm not in a super rush. It usually takes me 4 generations to finish this challenge and I'm already expecting a longer time to complete lol. How long do you think it'll take you to finish the challenge?

Yes, I agree with you on having a routine. I have not had multiples yet....it is only a matter of time. At most I might have a younger and older infant. I will say one thing that has helped the most, is forgoing going to the hospital. I know it fixes her needs, but the time she is in labor can be spent skilling up someone with something, I only went mostly for the hospital anyway, and now each baby gets a print, so that is good for me.
  • Options

Yes, I agree with you on having a routine. I have not had multiples yet....it is only a matter of time. At most I might have a younger and older infant. I will say one thing that has helped the most, is forgoing going to the hospital. I know it fixes her needs, but the time she is in labor can be spent skilling up someone with something, I only went mostly for the hospital anyway, and now each baby gets a print, so that is good for me.

Yeah I put that lot trait on...on ley lime I think it's called, so she has multiples each time. That's a great tip. The hospital does take up too much time for sure.