Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer 2024 Roadmap (Season of Love) Revealed

Comments

• Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,072 Member
    Paris... the city of love.

Looks like there's an "arc de triomphe" entryway leading into a central park with walkways all around a small lake. It would be nice if that was a buildable area in the world, but most likely not. Sims will probably have travel to the nearest lot and then walk/run to that park area to go for walks around the lake?

Hopefully there's plenty of parisian-style old world apartments in the downtown area. Paris is also known for it's amazing fountains everywhere... simmies woohooing in the "fontaines de la concorde"? Naughty sims, naughty! :D

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,050 Member
    Considering For Rent was a mess, Horse Ranch was shallow, EPs in general are hit and miss with how they implement their basic features, worlds are getting smaller and smaller, the game is constantly falling apart and EA is getting away with putting more and more ads in our games, I'm not too hyped about an EP at the moment.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 567 Member
    I noticed the little bird flying… would be nice if there were pet birds, but I don’t see how that would fit with the theme so I’m not sure what that’s for.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,238 Member
    The roadmap covers May-August.

Screenshot-20240513-163058-2.png
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,122 Member
    edited May 13

Looks like there's an "arc de triomphe" entryway leading into a central park with walkways all around a small lake. It would be nice if that was a buildable area in the world, but most likely not. Sims will probably have travel to the nearest lot and then walk/run to that park area to go for walks around the lake?

Hopefully there's plenty of parisian-style old world apartments in the downtown area. Paris is also known for it's amazing fountains everywhere... simmies woohooing in the "fontaines de la concorde"? Naughty sims, naughty! :D

I'd love to see another European world. One inspired by Paris would be great. I have one worry about that though. If it's based on a city I'm afraid we'd get another small world, like DSV. I'd be okay if it turned out the size of San Myshuno. Maybe some mix of Paris and the French countryside. Whatever it is, I hope it's at least as big as Chestnut Ridge or San Sequoia.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,072 Member

I'd love to see another European world. One inspired by Paris would be great. I have one worry about that though. If it's based on a city I'm afraid we'd get another small world, like DSV. I'd be okay if it turned out the size of San Myshuno. Maybe some mix of Paris and the French countryside. Whatever it is, I hope it's at least as big as Chestnut Ridge or San Sequoia.

A new world inspired by a mix of Paris and the mediterranean-influenced southern France area would be an awesome combination. The bustling beauty of a french Parisian downtown city neighbourhood, a general residential family neighbourhood, and a southern France neighbourhood with a fully functioning hotel overlooking the sunny seascape. *chef's kiss* :smiley:

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,550 Member
    What is a destination kit?
    Is that a new thing?
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,310 Member
    A lot of the pictures (or icons) look like city-type buildings. Maybe this world will be more of a city similar to San Myshuno. It would be great to have an alternative.
  • Options
    Landscape puzzles from TS4 Growing Together

Screenshot-20240513-183259-2.png

Gilbert Gardens Arboretum-Willow Creek
    San Sequoia Bridge
    Tasteful Tulips-?
    The Countryside-Chestnut Ridge
    Warm Beachy Paradise-Sulani
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,122 Member
    edited May 13

Tasteful Tulips?

Tasteful tulips and windmills says Holland. Maybe instead of Paris we’re getting Amsterdam.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,736 Member
    Welp! Nothing for occult players yet. And seeing as how I work hard to turn all the flirty off in my game, unless there’s more than romance in the EP, I won’t be lining up for it. It’s been a 2 year long drought for me. I haven’t bought a gameplay pack since “Werewolves.” Oh well. Got some kits and a stuff pack.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,792 Member
    I noticed the little bird flying… would be nice if there were pet birds, but I don’t see how that would fit with the theme so I’m not sure what that’s for.

Love birds are on theme. Birds are good symbolism of romance and love but I want them quite literally in the game as pets.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,792 Member

San Sequoia Bridge
    Tasteful Tulips-?

windmill and flowers like I found synonymous when I stood and visited the Netherlands and Amsterdam. Maybe European City world from the Roadmap images. The arch to get to the next location feels like Paris to me.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,169 Member
    Eleri wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the two destination kits are the pool and the French bistro. Not sure about the stylish updates. Is this a couple batches of free CAS items? The icons show nails and hair. Maybe they're adding salon items to base game?

@Omri147 I consider Sims 2 Nightlife to be Hot Date 2.0, even though several of the features (e.g. restaurants, bowling alleys) could also be used for family or friend get-togethers. If this is Hot Date 3.0, I expect chemistry, enhanced dating features, a love guru NPC, perfume. It also seems like they're teasing fountain woohoo.
    Oh true, Nightlife was definitely the new and improved Hot Date, it had almost all of Hot Date's features returning new and improved.

There's so much potential over this, but this being an EP I'm worrying most of the resources would go to the world and less for actual new features. It's really common sadly.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,153 Member

A new world inspired by a mix of Paris and the mediterranean-influenced southern France area would be an awesome combination. The bustling beauty of a french Parisian downtown city neighbourhood, a general residential family neighbourhood, and a southern France neighbourhood with a fully functioning hotel overlooking the sunny seascape. *chef's kiss* :smiley:

Honestly the idea of an European world gives me much anxiety and hesitation. They have threatened the European cultures so badly in the last packs, that I don't want any western European related world anymore (eastern Europe is so much different, I would take that at once). Imagine a French related world with no French food (like in MWS) but with another Asian food stall. Sorry I can't handle this again.

But I'm fair and let me surprise when more news are out, and with a love theme people will buy it anyway.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,516 Member
    Video screenshots.

yN2t6ST.png

iUzAbRA.png

GD7Gedx.png

jvQnfYo.png

Do you guys this EP might come with sewing hobby? The more I look at these pictures, the more I see patches and stitches which makes me think there might be a sewing hobby included, which would make perfect sense if the world is based on France or even Italy.
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 782 Member
    LJK wrote: »
    An entire expansion pack dedicated to romance? I like romance as much as anyone else, but I always expected that a romance pack would be a GP. Considering how extremely hit or miss expansion packs are and remembering the My Wedding Stories fiasco, expectations for me will be kept very low.

An EP on Romance? The last romance GP was a hot mess. This could be a volcano. The kits look disorganized and thrown together. I loved last year, but this year just gets more and more disappointing for me. I was so disappointing that I tried to install Windows and Sims 3 on a desktop yesterday but the desktop just could not handle all that. I put Linux back on it and I will just have to make the best of what I already have for Sims 4 on console.

I hope to be surprised, but I am only expecting mess for the next quarter and maybe all year. I downloaded Stardew Valley on the Linux desktop. I think I am going to spend some serious time with a new game on Linux or the console. I was looking forward to finishing school to play the Sims, but ... now that I am done, the Sims is not looking as good as I hoped.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,873 Member
    All those buildings better be hotels.

I know they're not but I'm just saying to be saying "hotels" at this point.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,734 Member
    If there’s any content similar to Sims 2 Hot Date I am cautiously looking forward to it.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,505 Member
    Do I spot a pool waterfall? That might be one of the rocks that was shown in the leaked images.

The Henford Hen says one of those rocks in the kit is a pool waterfall.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,499 Member
    edited May 14
    An entire EP about romance? I know some people have requested romance but don't see how that can fill an entire EP. Especially if we already have a GP dedicated to weddings. I feel romance should have been included in the GP, especially considering there is so little gameplay in the pack already. The last two packs had very little to offer outside of their one main feature, I hope a romance pack has more to offer than just a few romantic interactions. The only thing I really miss is the way sims moved very close to each other while sleeping in the sims 2.

I am disappointed that there is no GP, no occult GP on the road map. I have heard rumours that we aren't getting any GP anytime soon so it's not looking good for occult players.
    At time 2:00 he mentions henford hen talking about no more GP
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q-pCpSUM78

San Sequoia Bridge
    Tasteful Tulips-?

The tulips remind of the Netherlands.
    I think tropical landscape might have been a hint to tomarang which was not yet released when get together came out.
    I agree with the barn referring to chestnut ridge
    It could have been 3 hints to the next 3 EP

If we do get a European world, I hope we can also get food that matches the world. Tartosa was such a good opportunity to get Mediterranean dishes but was sacrificed for more Asian food.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,116 Member
    edited May 14
    For those of us sad about no occult game pack on this road map theres still 4 Months after August including Spooky Season where occult pack would fit perfectly

It seems that they're doing 1 pack for 4 months kind of schedule looking at this and the previous road map

which honestly to me if that last roadmap has occult gp would be rather lovely schedule
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,611 Member
    Mixed feelings. Past couple packs have been messy at best, and I'm worried this will be another "should've been a game pack (or smaller pack in general)." It really depends how much content they bring to the table. We'll see.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,447 Member
    The most famous "fountain of desire" in the world is the Trevi fountain in Rome.