Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim City 6 and The Sims 5

I hope they bring out a Sim City 6 with The Sims 5, like Sim City 4 works with The Sims 2.
Maybe they could be super-genius enough to have some of the Mayor decisions and effects that are played in Sim City affect the world of The Sims. In Sim City 4, you could terraform a city then put the file into The Sims 2, where it could be used as a template for a custom neighbourhood. So what I'm thinking, is some of the larger world effects being able to be transferred, such as increasing, decreasing funding for certain things, zoning ... crime and fire, hospitals/health, education/schools, jobs, population ... Maybe even some of the buildings could get generated on vacant lots, or the shell, able to be worked on.
And the sims in The Sims could take a drive through the city.
In Sim City 4 you could insert some sims from The Sims, I think it was 1. It would tell you updates about their job, location, opinions, but they would move house a few times with the game progress. I don't think I'd like that to affect my game of The Sims, not the physical sim, but their environment and world, limitations and opportunities. Something like that.
Maybe it could even be one game. That would be huge though, and I don't think I'd like it to always have effects, just like story progression is great but not all the time.

:)

I remember you from university, I still have your story.

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    SimCity 4 Rush Hour was a delightful game on its own and I'd love it to be remastered so that those who loved it could play it again on powerful modern laptops, PCs, without having to have outside mods or advice as how to enlarge or change the resolutions etc.

The more convoluted a game gets, the less enjoyable to play is what I have found, and that applies to Sims 4 too.
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,401 Member
    It's in the coffin. EA shut down Maxis Emeryville, the studio behind SimCity
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    I really love Sims City (2013)! What a shame it ended up the way it did. I actually love the system for how the city builds up and would've loved an even newer version with more expanded features and larger maps. I recently got the one big DLC they made for it for $5 during the holiday sale.
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    edited January 27
    It would be great to have some kind of macro-management. Besides the infrastructure. It would probably take a fair amount of innovation and creativity to figure out a workable extent. And/or be able to toggle between the macro and micro in a less demanding way than was with Sim City 4. Like, to use one in the other, you needed to close one, open the other. I suppose that was a good way to be able to keep it separate and unrelated if you wanted. And I suppose there is already, or there was supposed to be a kind of world effect with sims' actions such as gossip although it didn't seem obvious. But what about greater than that, such as taxes, zoning, utilities and resources, supply chain, education and health systems ... water restrictions ... economics affecting the job market and the price of everything ... and the choice to switch it off perhaps, or as an expansion.
    I think it would be a little revolutionary, especially if it could be done without blowing out the specs. It doesn't seem it's being done elsewhere.
    Having a Sim City 6 along with a The Sims 5 would definitely set it apart from anything anyone else is attempting to come up with, and make it pretty difficult for the others to copy.
  • Options
    celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
    I doubt there will be a new Sim City. EA doesn't care about this game anymore. It's a very niche game, it doesn't have a very large audience, and in the end it's not worth the investment in its creation. The last three PC versions of the game, SimCity 4, SimCity Societies and SimCity 2013, each had just one expansion, and then the releases ceased. The reason is simple: the hype ends, the audience quickly decreases, and it ends up not meeting EA's criteria. Furthermore, Cities Skylines is a very strong game. EA doesn't care. :#

SimCity 4 had integration with The Sims 1, but it was minimal. And the integration with The Sims 2, for creating worlds, only existed because they took advantage of the SimCity 4 structure to facilitate the creation of maps. The Sims 5 Team is too busy to think about creating integrations with other games, especially one that isn't even in development. :#

The Sims 5 will be the The Sims we've always known, but with new features within its own universe. The big difference will be the optional online multiplayer, which will work as a cooperative, almost like Animal Crossing.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    Rob1992Rob1992 Posts: 56 Member
    They'd have to compete with cities skylines (and others). The only benefit they had over it with 2013 was was the ability to upgrade buildings by adding parts to it. I'd love for Maxis to try again, But unfortunately the Maxis we grew up with is gone. The hype for simcity didn't decline. people still wanted to play it. Societies build the coffin of the francise and 2013 nailed it shut. And then a competitor came along and everyone (player and old maxis employees) jumped ship, where they are to this day.

So a new simcity/sims integration would be fun for the next generation, but it would require a radical change from what EA is currently pushing
  • Options
    edited February 1
    Holographic or with one of those reality goggle things ... ! Imagine if The Sims went on one of those. Eghad!
    @Rob1992 Are you talking about Sim City 5 with the building upgrades? I didn't get to play that one, it got cancelled by the time I heard of it, coming out of my internet-blackout/ration years. Those were the days ... when it wasn't absolutely necessary and you could do without it, to cut down on expenses, or just because.
    As I said up there ^ though, some kind of macro-management, not just of the physical infrastructure but also of the systems, the economy and such. I think that would be cool. Imagine having a blackout or water restrictions. Or times when sims have a limited job market, or school, and times when its prosperous. I remember playing Sims 2 in a new household where they couldn't afford a computer yet, so the newspaper was the only way they could get a job, and those jobs were not all of the jobs every day, so if you wanted a particular career for your sim you had to wait for the day the newspaper had that one, and in the meantime either suffered financially without a job or took the available job.
    And so then what if in The Sims, one household might have a political career sim, who gets to the top of that as Mayor or whatever, and a mini-interface comes along for them that has an effect on the Sim City game, next time you go to play that, and/or has some effect on their neighbourhood/world, affecting other households, and can be exacerbated/improved by whatever goes on in the Sim City game. What if some of those actions and decisions affect the supply chain, so then when you go into build/buy mode, some of the catalogue is unavailable, limited stock, or more, or less expensive. Maybe the zoning affects the traffic and a sim needs to allow more or less time to get to work, subsequent air quality affecting health and then a sim with a medical profession has their workload affected ...
    Probably better as an XP.
  • Options
    Rob1992Rob1992 Posts: 56 Member
    Holographic or with one of those reality goggle things ... ! Imagine if The Sims went on one of those. Eghad!
    @Rob1992 Are you talking about Sim City 5 with the building upgrades? I didn't get to play that one, it got cancelled by the time I heard of it, coming out of my internet-blackout/ration years. Those were the days ... when it wasn't absolutely necessary and you could do without it, to cut down on expenses, or just because.
    As I said up there ^ though, some kind of macro-management, not just of the physical infrastructure but also of the systems, the economy and such. I think that would be cool. Imagine having a blackout or water restrictions. Or times when sims have a limited job market, or school, and times when its prosperous. I remember playing Sims 2 in a new household where they couldn't afford a computer yet, so the newspaper was the only way they could get a job, and those jobs were not all of the jobs every day, so if you wanted a particular career for your sim you had to wait for the day the newspaper had that one, and in the meantime either suffered financially without a job or took the available job.
    And so then what if in The Sims, one household might have a political career sim, who gets to the top of that as Mayor or whatever, and a mini-interface comes along for them that has an effect on the Sim City game, next time you go to play that, and/or has some effect on their neighbourhood/world, affecting other households, and can be exacerbated/improved by whatever goes on in the Sim City game. What if some of those actions and decisions affect the supply chain, so then when you go into build/buy mode, some of the catalogue is unavailable, limited stock, or more, or less expensive. Maybe the zoning affects the traffic and a sim needs to allow more or less time to get to work, subsequent air quality affecting health and then a sim with a medical profession has their workload affected ...
    Probably better as an XP.

Simcity 5 doesn't officially exist, it's "Simcity (2013)", but yes. It was never canceled. Simcity societies was made by a different company who made a joke of a game that was released between the last simcity and 4. I remember the newspaper mechanic in the old games. you'd get 3 or so jobs every day in the newspaper so if the one you wanted wasn't in there, you had to wait. AFAIK the computer was the same, just more jobs. you never could pick out of an entire list. Unfortunately i think that simcity 2000, sims 2, and simcopter are going to be the last time we'll see the franchise interact in such a way unless they'll stop trying to make small easy to run games. If i could fly arround and do missions again in a sims world that would be epic, but that chance is near zero i feel.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited February 19
    SimCity (2013) was released 10 years after SimCity 4.
    11 years later, there is no announcement about the development of new game.

The sims no longer live in SimCity, The Sims 2 was the last game mentioning this name.

In term of cross-game compatibility, Maxis already have a lot of work with cross-pack compatibility, it would be a more difficult task to keep the game stable when SimCity is broken.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    Isn't Sim City, Rush Hour mentioned in Sims 3, and possibly 4, as a video game the sims can play on their computer?
    @LeGardePourpre Sim City 4 is not broken. It just takes patience. My thread is called "Sim City 6 and Sims 5". I'm suggesting a new Sim City with the new Sims. So even if the past iterations of Sim City were broken, its not relevant if a new Sim City is made.
    No there's not an announcement. So I am suggesting it.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited February 19
    Oops, I found some recipes in TS4 with SimCity name. Fandom gave me wrong infos.

Just I speculated about the end of SimCity but I'm not against this suggestion. I'm still playing to SimCity 4.