The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

San Sequoia World Discussion

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,134 Member
    Oh I keep forgetting we have the water slide thingy too I never use it maybe I do need to build a water park somewhere :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,054 Member
    Disappointed that there are no 30x30 lots. It's the perfect size for me, but we rarely get them. And when we do get them, they're usually filled up already.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    I'm disappointed in all the window dressing, all those cute family homes that populate the majority of San Sequoia take valuable resources on my PC that could have been better employed.

In a single glance we can tell the world is small but when looking for: the alligator, the Sequoia stumps, other playable lots we have to go through a lot of unusable real state that's using RAM, GPU and PCU resources.

I'd rather have a Mooonwood mill style of world than the one we're getting with Growing Together. I still think that, with what I've seen, the EP is worth every Penny.
    Happy simming!
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    I was a little disapointed with the new world. There were many opportunities to add more lots. Having said that, I like the sequoia stumps and the feel of the neighbourhood, I'll be moving my sim there. I'm more excited about all the new gameplay features which is a first for me. Usually I'm just excited about the new build/buy stuff
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited March 2023
    bizuktag wrote: »
    Another ghost town. If the team is going to continue to build such large neighborhoods (all in the service of giving sims a bigger area to walk around, I guess?) I wish they would stick to rural worlds. Nothing is more immersion breaking than a city world that is almost completely devoid of sims.

If your computer can handle it you can increase the walkbys with mods. The devs have to stick to lower specs though.

Coconut27 wrote: »
    are any of the bay areas boat usable? one thing that irks me about TS4 is only Island living water allowing boats and jetskis. i love the docks i just wish they were useable

You don't need docks to use watercraft. You can use them directly from your inventory anywhere you can swim, after you enter the water. Floaties too.

• Options
    lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    At first I appreciated when they started adding more set dressing to the worlds to make them look fuller, but now I feel like we've pushed it too far to the point where the worlds are more set dressing than actual usable/playable/buildable areas and it's getting frustrating. It pushes all the usable lots so far away from each other, which makes walking around take forever, and the sims are more spread out making everywhere look like a ghost town. It also makes building lots more restrictive if you want them to fit within the style of the surroundings. There's a commitment to the style of a town, but so many towns look like a variation of Willow Creek or Granite Falls or a mashup in-between, so they all end up feeling the same regardless. I know the design is usually very US-centric, but even within the US there's a variety of biomes that are being neglected.

If this town truly is inspired by San Francisco, it definitely could've sported a more hilled environment with tall townhouses/apartment complexes at the very least. I'm always an advocate for adding more apartment buildings especially in these smaller towns, but for some reason the only non-City Living pack that has them is Eco Lifestyle. They established that non-San Myshuno worlds could have apartments too, but then never used them again. I wish I knew why...

With the size of this town, I plan on using it the same way I currently use San Myshuno. Mainly a tourist destination with lots of community lots and maybe a few houses where they fit.

Just from watching the livestream I could tell the place is a bit of a ghost town. Even with the joggers. I couldn't help but be frustrated when they were showing off how you could walk on the pier/docks area. Because it's like.. and do what there? If we're gonna have all these empty shells pretending to be establishments, could we at least make them rabbit holes at this point? Or window shops/counters(like in RoM)? Could also lead to less reliance on the kiosk pop up shop stands which have become a plague in my opinion. Also those fake chairs/tables they're adding more often should ALWAYS be usable. I can't take all the fake set dressing anymore. I know people have conflicting opinions on rabbit holes, but I'd rather have something like TS3 rabbit hole lots built into the world as opposed to the empty shells we're dealing with now. Maybe the movie theater is them testing it out. Unfortunately that means we'd have to wait for future packs to have more of these lot types available in-world since we can't put them down ourselves (if they bring it back at all...like the apartments...).
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    Another ghost town. If the team is going to continue to build such large neighborhoods (all in the service of giving sims a bigger area to walk around, I guess?) I wish they would stick to rural worlds. Nothing is more immersion breaking than a city world that is almost completely devoid of sims.

I was a little surprised at how ghostly it was but I use mods that fill the world up with way more sims so I don't see it as an issue.
    I'd much rather have the open world feel the new worlds have compared to the old ones.
    I'm not sure if a bustling city full of sims like NYC would ever be possible without mods because everyone's computer might not be able to run it well.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    The world is still not my style too much. But what I do like about it is the lot placements and the water behind that big house!!! I wish would get a 50×50 though.... still happy to see big ones.
    I do feel like houses are closer together here. Not as much as I'd like but better than some other worlds. I also understand they probably don't want to put a circle of really close houses and then fill the rest with shells lol.
    I can't wait to build on these lots and decide what I'm going to turn this world into.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Oh and it sounds like we get a hiking spot too? I LOVE hiking and I was sad it's only tied to that one world so this is a fun addition. The movies too! I have no problem with it being a rabbit hole since we can already make our own theaters and sims have a sitting problem. Really happy with how they are adding more interactions to world and making it feel open world in a way. It's hard to go back to places like oasis springs. Sims can do so much around the place without a loading screen in New worlds.
  • Options
    amydunneamydunne Posts: 26 Member
    > @Amapola76 said:
    > It looks like my faux townhouses might fit well into that empty 40x20 lot near the splash park and rec center.
    >
    > I'm thinking that Anchorpoint Wharf library is definitely going to have to go, that real estate is too prime for yet another library. Part of me would like to use it for a retail lot, since it's right downtown, but I'm also really tempted to use it to try out @EmmaVane's "community lot as a seasonal festival location" concept. It seems like a great place for it. Then maybe a fancy seafood restaurant in the 30x20 empty lot right on the water.

Same, my first thought upon hearing about the library was "demolish" - don't need another library, so I might replace with a mall or some kind of park / outdoor movie theater.
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,278 Member
    If I ever finish my custom save, all the individual libraries and gyms are going to be gone - replaced with ones in Newcrest. Will probably do the same to the museums. Depends what I end up using the other Newcrest lots for - it and Magnolia Promenade are going to be community lots only.
    image.png
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    My heart aches at seeing the docked boats and not having the ability to build a house boat at the dock.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,924 Member
    Wrenry wrote: »
    My heart aches at seeing the docked boats and not having the ability to build a house boat at the dock.

Yeah, that pretty much confirms that we will never get TS4 houseboats, because there could not have been a more appropriate world to add them.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    That whale is so much larger than I initially thought.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited March 2023
    MichelleW wrote: »
    That whale is so much larger than I initially thought.

The gurus are soooooo messing with us. :D

**insert Jaws Whalebert theme music here**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX3bN5YeiQs
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,532 Member

I saw that electricity box with the fireworks design and now I wonder what festivals are in San Sequoia. They didn't say anything about festivals, did they?
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,722 Member
    edited March 2023
    crocobaura wrote: »

I saw that electricity box with the fireworks design and now I wonder what festivals are in San Sequoia. They didn't say anything about festivals, did they?

A water festival would be perfect, thank you! (or a crocodile festival? Swim with the crocodile to earn a milestone and a keepsake diploma?)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 188 Member
    edited March 2023
    On the left of the picture, there are beautiful shells and Maxis should have turned the place into another lot to build this Moroccan townhouse for their custom world :|
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member
    I find it really hard to get excited about San Sequoia. It didn't interest me much in the first place and when I saw how much it resembles Willow Creek I was even more disappointed. The good thing is the swimmable water, bad thing is the lack of apartments which I was hoping we would get. Don't get me wrong I'm still pretty hyped for the pack, the world just isn't part of my excitement like it normally would be. Too much of the same.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,516 Member
    I love the world however I am disappointed there isn't any waterfalls.

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,908 Member
    Do we know more about the weather in San Sequoia ? Cause if it’s based on San Francisco’s weather it might not snow.

I’m happy they added a movie theater even if it’s a rabbit hole, I just don’t get why they didn’t do it sooner, like in Get Famous for instance.
  • Options
    Kai252018Kai252018 Posts: 76 Member
    Kinda disappointed that there is no townhouses in this expansion :/
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,924 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    It looks like my faux townhouses might fit well into that empty 40x20 lot near the splash park and rec center.

In case anyone is looking for something similar, I downloaded lilsimsie's Tricky Townhouses (I think that's the name?) from the gallery. They look really good, and very similar to Bella's Belles from TS2. The only issue that I think I'm going to have to fix is that they are two stories, but for some reason only the middle townhouse has a staircase.
  • Options
    HahcbeachwavesHahcbeachwaves Posts: 121 Member
    Just saw were Paradox announced their new life simulation game so maybe so friendly competition will do some good for this game.. who knows