Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where's the Funny?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    @Gigge Thank you for the compliment. <3 Every day is better than the previous one. And that includes RL as well.
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    I rarely visit the General Discussion forum these days as the negative posts far outnumber the positive ones, from what I can see. If you want a better, more positive vibe head on to the Creative Corner. The people there are not only more positive in their interaction with Sims 4 (probably because they are being creative with it and have opened up possibilities) but they're respectful to one another there no matter what their background is.
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member

I haven't really seen many negative posts since I came back. Everyone has seemed pretty 😎 in my opinion.

• Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited February 2023

My sims aren’t comedy so much but they are cute and funny and lighthearted and do silly things and fall out with each other and make up at the end. Like PG cartoon episodes or something. It’s wholesome.

I was very surprised when I saw in the story post both the ones with affairs and murder and the ones that are very deep occult stories. They are so detailed and thoughtful, and I was really surprised by them. I thought this was just a lighthearted game where all sims were goofballs but it’s really cool what people can make out of this game and how differently people approach it and how much thought goes into it.

• Options
    GiggeGigge Posts: 72 Member
    I rarely visit the General Discussion forum these days as the negative posts far outnumber the positive ones, from what I can see. If you want a better, more positive vibe head on to the Creative Corner. The people there are not only more positive in their interaction with Sims 4 (probably because they are being creative with it and have opened up possibilities) but they're respectful to one another there no matter what their background is.

I haven't noticed this lately. It's much calmer than it was at the start of Sims 4. Maybe a little too quiet ... hmmm ...
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    My sims aren’t comedy so much but they are cute and funny and lighthearted and do silly things and fall out with each other and make up at the end. Like PG cartoon episodes or something. It’s wholesome.
    I was very surprised when I saw in the story post both the ones with affairs and murder and the ones that are very deep occult stories. They are so detailed and thoughtful, and I was really surprised by them. I thought this was just a lighthearted game where all sims were goofballs but it’s really cool what people can make out of this game and how differently people approach it and how much thought goes into it.

Yeah, it's pretty cool to see the different directions everyone branches off into given that we're all, in theory, playing the same game. The versatility of the game tool is amazing.
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member

You're right...I've looked at some of the threads here and they seem far more positive than they were last year and going back from there. They tended to fit into two categories "I hate this game why are you playing it?" and "The game doesn't cater for my very specific needs". I'm glad people are accepting the game and all its positives for what it is...maybe the haters have gone off to play something else?

• Options
    AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited February 2023
    Gigge wrote: »
    It's much calmer than it was at the start of Sims 4. Maybe a little too quiet ... hmmm ...

I've noticed this too. There used to be fun Caption Competitions and random funny threads of the Guess What Ridiculous Thing Happened In My Game variety, but I think a lot of this has moved to social media, especially Twitter and Youtube. I even joined Twitter recently because I've found so much stuff like Sims news and competitions/challenges have moved there

Anyhoo, my tongue is always firmly in my cheek when writing about sims, so I'd love to meet more like minded simmers on any platform :)
  • Options
    pvrescue1pvrescue1 Posts: 61 Member
    It faded away... and away... and away...
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member

Hmmm...how curious...🤔

Perhaps one miserable morning FUNNY looked at itself in the mirror and thought: “That’s YNNUF! I quit!”
  • Options
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7, Too funny.

@AlphaFFrog, Ahh, Social media. You're probably right. I've tried it and I really don't like it. Everything seems so clipped and disjointed in 144 character soundbites. I guess you can reach a broader audience, but it seems like The Sims forums' is a much more targeted audience than the world at large. There are trade-offs.

@WhatCobblers, I think I already told you your short stories are fun.

@Kellogg_J_Kellogg, I'm glad you found the forum calmer. Unfortunately, it does seem like there's a smaller audience than there used to be.
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    edited February 2023
    I get frustrated sometimes and put it down to play Cyberpunk but I always come back. The game is solid even if the mechanics are a bit strange. All in all though, I'm not ready for 5 just yet.

I have all of the packs except some kits and have yet to explore most of them. 😆
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    You know, I just remembered we used to have a LOL button on here in addition to the like and awesome. Maybe when that was taken away some of the fun went with it.
    Post edited by Gigge on