Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Update. 9/21

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,676 Member

Thanks for posting info 😊🎉.

I don’t get the 149 additions that we get. 🤷🏼‍♂️ The additions of swatches to base game stuff just seems a little late. I’d love the option to decline additions with patches. The patch size wouldn’t be so big.
    I’m not using the new stuff as I’ve managed for seven years with what’s there.

I do think along the same lane. My computer can't handle more content for the game, whatever space is left I'd prefer being allowed saving for a future must-have SP or GP. It's fine getting more swatches, I'm glad for those enjoying it, but I wish we could opt out of the more massive updates. I can't patch my game without adding 1200 new swatches that I might never use? EA could pack these add-ons as free kits to download for those wanting them. Now I feel my game will slowly be struggled by more and more BG stuff added. I know swatches are probably smaller than new meshes, but still - 1200 is a lot.
    What's next - 1 billion new swatches for rugs?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,965 Member
    edited September 2021
    What's next - 1 billion new swatches for rugs?

I'd actually love that :lol: especially if it came with new patterns too and especially if at least some of the billion rugs worked for old mansions
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Hope eventually we'll get some standardization in DLC packs as well.

How about some standardization in BASE game?

• Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member

I don’t get the 149 additions that we get. 🤷🏼‍♂️ The additions of swatches to base game stuff just seems a little late. I’d love the option to decline additions with patches. The patch size wouldn’t be so big.

@ncisGibbs02 I'm really curious. So when you go into build/buy mode you'll remember which swatches are new and just choose not to use them?

@simgirl1010 I’ve got the patch notes and won’t use the range of items they have updated. I.e. I know the BlandCo Kitchen Counters, Tabula Rasa Coffee Table etc. have the new swatches so I’ll be using other things instead.

Doubt I’ll remember individual swatches! 😂😂😂

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Hey I may want some bug fixes but new swatches and especially this many are always so welcome. Very excited
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    They added a new turban, and it’s much nicer than the City Living ones imo
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    They mentioned specifically in the beginning that the Sims 4 would run better on a laptop than 3 and used that as an explanation for some of its limitations. Plus, there are gaming laptops. I can point out some places that sell them. I own one. It's all about the specs. I plan to run 4 on the Steam Deck just to test it when it releases.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited September 2021
    Loanet wrote: »
    Let me get this straight - some people are complaining "Oh, it's really annoying that EA's giving us free stuff." This is the sort of thing that gets Occults nerfed to uselessness.

Perhaps some CC can now be uninstalled?

Okay, so some people are running on below minimal stats and on cramped computers.

The Sims is not a game designed for Laptops - heck, Laptops aren't designed for games! - and it's had its minimum stats raised before for a REASON. Okay, I feel bad for you if you can't run the game perfectly. But at the same reason, there's no reason for people who are playing on computers that ARE good enough to miss out on content.

I am complaining about free stuff. Yes, because I didn’t ask for it and I don't want it. There’s nothing included that I can see will add anything to my game.

It’s interesting that you think only paid stuff can be complained about. 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

I only have 3 sets of CC but I haven’t used any since the start of ‘Summer of Sims’ and every update disables CC and well… might as well wait till all this updating is over. When will that be? 😂😂😂

I play on a laptop. It can handle the game as long as I’m careful with how much I add. So all this extra stuff I don’t want isn’t helping. I haven’t used much they added for free over time anyway. I’ve yet to see any of the Mexican stuff they said got added and wasn’t there Caribbean as well?

I don’t see why free content can’t be separate to patches that fix stuff 🤷🏼‍♂️. That would be so helpful.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    logion wrote: »
    How is build mode gonna run after this update? It's already incredibly laggy to use build mode.

I loaded into my largest save and build mode opened up with no lag surprisingly! I'm really hoping this isn't a one-off because I'd be super excited to not have to open the options menu every time just to get things running smoothly in build mode.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    Dec3338Dec3338 Posts: 180 Member
    This update was a nice surprise and it's a great update. It was nice to get new swatches for the game. I was really happy to see new swatches for the vault modular set. I was hoping for new swatches for the corporate chic counters and maybe a matching cabinet. Thanks for the game update.

bears.gif
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I haven't looked at all the new colours yet ( someone mentioned flowers? Well, I know what I'll be doing tomorrow!).

There are a particular set of curtains from the kids category (can't remember what they are called) that I loved, but disliked the swatches for them as they were too colourful for my builds, but they now have more neutral swatches and are so pretty.

I probably won't use all the new swatches, but I definitely appreciate them.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Wow this looks like a good patch finally some new and decent swatches for some items especially the kids science table and finally the industrial style kitchen counters.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited September 2021
    I’m not mad at it, but to me this isn’t worth cranking up the PC. Eh, I’ll get around to updating eventually.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Does anyone else have issues with swatches for some of the objects? The simplicity dining table have some unpickable swatches and the oopsie daisies flowers only the default swatch show? Do you think repairing might help, or does anyone else have the same issue? 🤔
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member

@ncisGibbs02 I'm really curious. So when you go into build/buy mode you'll remember which swatches are new and just choose not to use them?

@simgirl1010 I’ve got the patch notes and won’t use the range of items they have updated. I.e. I know the BlandCo Kitchen Counters, Tabula Rasa Coffee Table etc. have the new swatches so I’ll be using other things instead.

Doubt I’ll remember individual swatches! 😂😂😂

Hold on, so you're just not going to use the items at all? Isn't that a bit limiting, build mode wise, especially for something that is in your game regardless of if you use it or not?
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Hope eventually we'll get some standardization in DLC packs as well.

How about some standardization in BASE game?

I think standardization in base game is what they're doing with this update.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,930 Member
    I know the BlandCo Kitchen Counters, Tabula Rasa Coffee Table etc. have the new swatches so I’ll be using other things instead.

This got me curious too :D

So are you saying that because you know these items had new swatches, you are not going to use those anymore? :smiley:

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I love the new hairstyle & India outfit. I already got my Amber Autumn wearing it. She's my hippie sim. ;)
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited September 2021
    I love the new CAS items & color swatches! I just wish that we could have gotten the new color swatches for items that come in other packs, too.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    The new CAS stuff is seriously nice. I think this hair is one of if not my favorite male hairstyle
    09-22-21-12-37-51-AM.png

The new outfits are also great, I can see these working really well with Dine Out. (pack refresh when?) The male one would be great for a chef and the female one would be great for a host
    09-22-21-12-43-29-AM.png
    09-22-21-12-43-33-AM.png
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    So one more month waiting for bug fixes ...

As much as I think this update is good, I'd have to agree. It's just more cosmetic things yet again rather than fixing broken content... The priorities are all wrong
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I appreciate about all the new swatches, and I like the CAS items. However, I'm not updating my game any time soon until my mods are updated.
    This is a good start for the Fall though, and I'm excited to see what they give us in future updates.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I’m quite pleased with this update despite there not being many bug fixes.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I LOVE the new cultural wear!!! I hope they continue to add more! And happy for new swatches. Prefer that over color wheel. ☆☆
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.