Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA Should seriously edit Del sol valley

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    To be frank I don’t think the world is beautiful at all, it is over-cluttered and sloppy just like San Myshuno. Similarly to SM they clearly focused most of their attention on the background aesthetic but that was a tremendous waste of time as they did not capture Los Angeles in the tiny world they made. Performance concerns? Haha. Noo this pack was either a game pack that was promoted to Expansion, or was rushed out the door.

Maybe they should stop making cities. They have absolutely no idea how to create a good city, and that’s sad because they have plenty of cities in California to seek inspiration from. The feedback for SM fell on deaf ears obviously as this second city world is worse than the first one. This will happen again, so get used to tiny worlds with an abundance of dressing and minimal new lots/areas.

oh sorry to hear that, I liked that world even tho that is way too small. I think it look like LA. I wish more city type worlds but i wish that we could get aparments in those world's too.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
    edited November 2018
    As we can see in the image, it was entirely possible to have added two more lots in the area where these decorative houses are. If there weren't these decorative houses, it would be possible to add two more lots of relatively large size.

jgjrA2y.jpg

I also need you to know that, technically speaking, it is entirely possible to add two more lots in the world and change the layout of lots in the map area, producers have the power to do that.

And the most interesting thing is that if they did this modification, it would even appear in existing save files.

The producers have already made some minor changes to some of the worlds that affected existing saves.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    The whole performance concerns is such a crock. This is a $40 DLC add-on NOT a free update to the base game. I’m not sure what the issue is @ Maxis these days, but such nonsense should be met with immediate skepticism. Especially seeing how this game is supposedly the “most stable sims game ever”. Do they want to issue an addendum to that statement? Reality check Maxis, progressively adding less and less to a game doesn’t make it stabler if anything it shows the cracks in the mirror.
  • Options
    DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    The whole performance concerns is such a crock. This is a $40 DLC add-on NOT a free update to the base game. I’m not sure what the issue is @ Maxis these days, but such nonsense should be met with immediate skepticism. Especially seeing how this game is supposedly the “most stable sims game ever”. Do they want to issue an addendum to that statement? Reality check Maxis, progressively adding less and less to a game doesn’t make it stabler if anything it shows the cracks in the mirror.

haha, I joke that ts5 is going to remove the sims themselves, the world, and all the furniture because #performance so when you load the game the only thing there is a blank room but the devs are going to want praise because, wow, look at how well it runs on your computer!!

• Options
    vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    They should also rename it to Valley Del Sol. I don't think they'll do either, but I hope they surprise me!

No they should rename it to Del 'Small' Valley.
    2UFyFUV.png

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    Here is one thing about DSV I don't understand, this building looks like a movie theater but it's a lounge club. What's the point ? Why not make it a proper movie theater -which in my opinion should have been in this EP- instead ? It wouldn't prevent people from buying Movie Hangout Stuff, since it's more about drive-ins or home cinemas.

6srzfa.png
  • Options
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Here is one thing about DSV I don't understand, this building looks like a movie theater but it's a lounge club. What's the point ? Why not make it a proper movie theater -which in my opinion should have been in this EP- instead ? It wouldn't prevent people from buying Movie Hangout Stuff, since it's more about drive-ins or home cinemas.

6srzfa.png

wow, this is a lounge? I don't have the pack, so I haven't looked at the lots it comes with.
    but man, talk about a slap in the face: 'look, a cinema!!! ...oh, jk, it's a lounge lol'
  • Options
    EdieApplebyEdieAppleby Posts: 134 Member
    I'm having more families than available lots. And it's messing with my story. Kids want to move out and get married, and the free lots are too expensive. Defo need an addition with more lots.
  • Options
    DreamaDove wrote: »

haha, I joke that ts5 is going to remove the sims themselves, the world, and all the furniture because #performance so when you load the game the only thing there is a blank room but the devs are going to want praise because, wow, look at how well it runs on your computer!!

Honestly i think at some point EA don't let us build our community lot's anymore or something like that. Maybe even we cant change our house structure anymore? Only deco heh. Not even funny because this can be true
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options

Honestly i think at some point EA don't let us build our community lot's anymore or something like that. Maybe even we cant change our house structure anymore? Only deco heh. Not even funny because this can be true

that's how it was in the sims medieval.

*shudders*

it also has lots of goals and a guided story line. The Sims might be heading in that direction.

• Options

that's how it was in the sims medieval.

*shudders*

it also has lots of goals and a guided story line. The Sims might be heading in that direction.

I really hope not. I would just keep playing sims 2,3 and 4 then.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    If they add lots they should put some at the side of the hills so we can really make the most of the terrain tools and flexible foundations.
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    If they add lots they should put some at the side of the hills so we can really make the most of the terrain tools and flexible foundations.

Some beachfront lots would have been really awesome as well.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I love the new fame system and careers, but there just isn't enough room in Del Sol Valley to accommodate all the sims I want to get famous. It doesn't feel right for a famous sim to live in Willow Creek or Windenburg, they just don't have the same Hollywood glamour. It feels so restrictive. With so much fun new gameplay, there's so little space to make use of it :/
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    wow, this is a lounge? I don't have the pack, so I haven't looked at the lots it comes with.
    but man, talk about a slap in the face: 'look, a cinema!!! ...oh, jk, it's a lounge lol'
    In one of the live things they said it was an old movie theatre that was converted into a lounge after the new theatre (that we can't get into) was built. For a 'world' that is supposedly based on LA, there is waaay too little room for doing anything. They need to focus on usable content, not window dressing.

Am rapidly coming to the conclusion that either:
    a) This is one of the most poorly thought out, planned, and executed packs ever
    b) This pack is very carefully thought out, planned, and executed to turn off the 'old guard' and mature simmers who take the game seriously so that they can either focus solely on pap for the kiddies or give the series an unlamented (because it's so pointless and disgusting) death in a couple of years or so.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2018
    As we can see in the image, it was entirely possible to have added two more lots in the area where these decorative houses are. If there weren't these decorative houses, it would be possible to add two more lots of relatively large size.

jgjrA2y.jpg

I also need you to know that, technically speaking, it is entirely possible to add two more lots in the world and change the layout of lots in the map area, producers have the power to do that.

And the most interesting thing is that if they did this modification, it would even appear in existing save files.

The producers have already made some minor changes to some of the worlds that affected existing saves.

Looking at this area you have pictured, is that vacant lot the only place a player can build in that district? One freaking lot? Where do the Sims live in the district you have pictured because all I see is a vacant lot and backdrop as you said.

ETA: Is the empty space at the bottom even a vacant lot because I don't see the mailbox, so is that also just empty space?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited November 2018
    Cinebar wrote: »

jgjrA2y.jpg

Looking at this area you have pictured, is that vacant lot the only place a player can build in that district? One freaking lot? Where do the Sims live in the district you have pictured because all I see is a vacant lot and backdrop as you said.

ETA: Is the empty space at the bottom even a vacant lot because I don't see the mailbox, so is that also just empty space?

The vacant lot, the house next to it and the house across the street from it. What's in the yellow frames in the picture above are all fake houses. Here are the lots.
    98hvev.png
  • Options
    rh2006fanrh2006fan Posts: 49 Member
    What I really hate is that Vanessa's lot and the yellow house lot have areas that resemble driveways...like come on. What a waste of lot space since we don't even have cars in the game.
  • Options
    IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    I was getting kind of desperate for space in Del Sol Valley, I was beginning to consider turning that tiny park lot on Starlight Boulevard into a tiny residential lot. I'd definitely have to make use of the increased upper and lower floor limit to make that place fit all the stuff a celebrity would want.
  • Options
    Jenny0729Jenny0729 Posts: 23 Member
    I really wish we could use the uneditable lots or even if they put in the trailers/cars from those lots as toys or statues, so we can blow them up and make them part of our lots. I do like the alleyway and the cars driving past, it does add some realism. I don't really want actual cars because it seems they wouldn't serve much of a purpose as opposed to walking and waiting for the loading screen.