Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA Should seriously edit Del sol valley

Comments

• Options
    Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I just love that world so it's kinda sad to see that it's so small so i cant fit anything i want on it. I do think that pack is really nice from what i have seen tho, so i'm now more positive about that.

Let's say you play the acting career and move one Sim over to the new world. O.K. great. That's a nice GP amount of gameplay. But how many players are going to turn every Sim they play (especially rotational players) into a celeberity chef, painter and or whatever, over and over and over again? It's redunancy will end the gameplay after they see that a time or two. Without other open careers for singer, band, model etc. just pushing a Sim already in a base game or other pack career into fame seems like a lot less work for them (mainly text and check lists) than building an EP like Superstar which had all the above including comedian, recording stuidos and more, and reputation and fame, and a strategy of how to get it instead of eveyrone can be famous sort of vibe. SuperStar today would be worth $40 because it spent money on animations for all those careers and objects to use and places to go. This one seems like a GP for one career since animations must cost a lot more and it's cheaper and easier to just add text to existing careers.

yeah well im not 100% sure is that pack worth or not but it does still look nice from what i have seen. That world is still really small and as i like to build it does make me mad. Maybe at this point i just like anything that add something in my game. i just watched couple sims 2 videos and i remember how much i did play every new pack and i did not felt bored in it after new pack anounced. I still really like how they make fame work, like you can get trophy like ' emma-gala style', own star in walk of fame, how you can play whit money, strike pose etc so im really happy about them. They add some more meaning about being celebrity ( atleast for me)
    pack look nice but still that world is huge disappointment and i dont want that to happen in future. I dont want small world or that most of that world is just fake decor items.
    And i agree about acting career, not much gameplay and adding celebrities but not singers, rockstars, models or something like that is just wrong. i think the point about sims 4 is that you own all packs although they say its meant to pick packs u want and customise it but now if you buy get famous but dont own cityliving, you cant get famous by singing.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Not buying it. I don't buy games for the views - especially fake views on backdrops. I buy game for the gameplay and being able to play my favorite Sims in them. As much as I wanted a fame pack - if they cannot deliver me room to move my Sim there it is not worth my 40 bucks. Not when we get 5 lots for 20 bucks and indepth gameplay - why would I pay 40 bucks for 6 lots - 4 of which have sims in them, with indepth gameplay. It is not even realistic for a Sim seeking fame and just starting out to commute to Hollywood - never mind them not having rooming houses, cheap motel room rentals, or at least apartments.

Nope for the first time ever in my 19 years of playing and buying Sims game I am not buying this pack - that tells you how serious I am about them not delivering enough lots to this world in an expansion pack. As it was this whole game has lacked lots - now they are getting utterly ridiculous - and I just cannot support this or this excuse any longer. Never mind when they tell you - Performance issues if they added more lots and we all know in this game no matter how many lots you have the game just loads one lot at a time and all that fakery.

I am not going to just sit here and complain - as that has gotten us no where for 4 years - now has it? If they can't deliver even lots - what will they delete next time?

I think if we say things that we are not happy about it they have to do something about that. Terrain tool is coming so its just cuz many people request that and make it happen. Atleast i hope they would fix/ be more carefull in future about things they do or left out from packs. Agree whit that fakery, i watch sims 4 in twitch and gurus show and were happy about that fake highway, i mean yeah its fine but it dosn't bring anything ingame and if we get just 3 lots in that area just because they did want add as many fake deco items to make that world look alive that they fail for doing that.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2018
    Not buying it. I don't buy games for the views - especially fake views on backdrops. I buy game for the gameplay and being able to play my favorite Sims in them. As much as I wanted a fame pack - if they cannot deliver me room to move my Sim there it is not worth my 40 bucks. Not when we get 5 lots for 20 bucks and indepth gameplay - why would I pay 40 bucks for 6 lots - 4 of which have sims in them, with indepth gameplay. It is not even realistic for a Sim seeking fame and just starting out to commute to Hollywood - never mind them not having rooming houses, cheap motel room rentals, or at least apartments.

Nope for the first time ever in my 19 years of playing and buying Sims game I am not buying this pack - that tells you how serious I am about them not delivering enough lots to this world in an expansion pack. As it was this whole game has lacked lots - now they are getting utterly ridiculous - and I just cannot support this or this excuse any longer. Never mind when they tell you - Performance issues if they added more lots and we all know in this game no matter how many lots you have the game just loads one lot at a time and all that fakery.

I am not going to just sit here and complain - as that has gotten us no where for 4 years - now has it? If they can't deliver even lots - what will they delete next time?

I think if we say things that we are not happy about it they have to do something about that. Terrain tool is coming so its just cuz many people request that and make it happen. Atleast i hope they would fix/ be more carefull in future about things they do or left out from packs. Agree whit that fakery, i watch sims 4 in twitch and gurus show and were happy about that fake highway, i mean yeah its fine but it dosn't bring anything ingame and if we get just 3 lots in that area just because they did want add as many fake deco items to make that world look alive that they fail for doing that.

It's a game - not a movie where lots of green screen FX is needed to bring a movie to life - but a game where the characters we play bring the game to life - where the content the characters need interacts with the characters and is not just movie level cinema affects. When visuals are more important than play factors - those devs maybe needs to go work on movies - especially when they start sacrificing play factors for so many visual effects and then have the nerve to tell us there are performance issues to add 3- or 4 more totally blank lots - lots that only load when our characters are on that lot.

When the visual effects outweigh the play factor of an expansion pack that is supposed to expand the games play-ability it become hardly more than an interactive movie - where nothing is reality in a game that is supposed to be about life. Beauty gets old quick when all you can do is look at it - when you just wanted to PLAY a game. Ironically your sims doesn't see it - YOU do. Your Sims does not interact with it in no form or manner. So tell me what is the point of us sacrificing true game play for all that rather useless FX and on top of it get even less livable lots for our characters to even live in that so call beautiful world? What is this really? Hardly more than an slightly interactive movie - as the fx keeps looping and running even if you the so called player does nothing at all. No wonder your Sims stands there doing nothing when you tell them to do anything.There nothing left for them to do but walk around in a world they cannot even interact with.

When background become the focus and outweighs the gameplay - it is no longer really a game.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Performance is just a pitiful excuse at this point and I am sick of it being used as a reason for doing less. Two neighborhoods with 3 residential lots for an expansion just seems wrong especially when you are filling up the neighborhoods with NPC sims. If they were going to make the neighborhoods this small, then they should have added only 2 celebrity sims.

Before anyone says delete them, I don't like deleting NPCs that are integrated in the world. Judith has a star on the "walk of fame." I just personally think they should have thought about that before taking up all the space.
  • Options
    DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    They're not going to edit the world and they know well and proper they robbed us of more lots. I dare someone to tell me I'm complaining when I'm paying hard earned cash for these packs. Unless you're personally funding My Sims packs, then get out of my face. I agree with you entirely that they ough to edit this world before release, even if they have to prolong it. Del Sol Valley is a flop and I'm waiting until a boycott catches up to EA and MAXIS.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited November 2018

It's a game - not a movie where lots of green screen FX is needed to bring a movie to life - but a game where the characters we play bring the game to life - where the content the characters need interacts with the characters and is not just movie level cinema affects. When visuals are more important than play factors - those devs maybe needs to go work on movies - especially when they start sacrificing play factors for so many visual effects and then have the nerve to tell us there are performance issues to add 3- or 4 more totally blank lots - lots that only load when our characters are on that lot.

When the visual effects outweigh the play factor of an expansion pack that is supposed to expand the games play-ability it become hardly more than an interactive movie - where nothing is reality in a game that is supposed to be about life. Beauty gets old quick when all you can do is look at it - when you just wanted to PLAY a game. Ironically your sims doesn't see it - YOU do. Your Sims does not interact with it in no form or manner. So tell me what is the point of us sacrificing true game play for all that rather useless FX and on top of it get even less livable lots for our characters to even live in that so call beautiful world? What is this really? Hardly more than an slightly interactive movie - as the fx keeps looping and running even if you the so called player does nothing at all. No wonder your Sims stands there doing nothing when you tell them to do anything.There nothing left for them to do but walk around in a world they cannot even interact with.

When background become the focus and outweighs the gameplay - it is no longer really a game.

I do agree with your post for when I buy an game I do not just buy the game for it's spectacular graphics I also buy it for it's game play. Now if if the gameplay is excellent and the graphics while not mind blowing I would still buy that game.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited November 2018
    It’s pretty much a done deal at this point.

I’m still excited for the other aspects of the pack (and I’m not much of a builder myself), so I’m still buying it, though maybe at a sales price.

I’m hoping we get a bigger word next time, or perhaps another free new world one day.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Duende wrote: »
    They're not going to edit the world and they know well and proper they robbed us of more lots. I dare someone to tell me I'm complaining when I'm paying hard earned cash for these packs. Unless you're personally funding My Sims packs, then get out of my face. I agree with you entirely that they ough to edit this world before release, even if they have to prolong it. Del Sol Valley is a flop and I'm waiting until a boycott catches up to EA and MAXIS.
    tenor.gif

I agree that your post is not just complaining it is more of feedback than an complaint, for negative feedback is still feedback and also communication. However, as far as boycotting it is one that requires an significant amount of customers that are willing to participate as to choke off any income for that particular project and right now there is not enough. I am holding back on purchasing until I see an really good sale. Sims 4 projectivity Imho is done until its end of cycle even if they add Terrain tools as most of the the other tools that some and myself like to see may never see the light of day. Now yes, they can edit this world, give an empty world or both. But that would be too rich.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Liking the boycott idea. Problem is, even if every unhappy simmer on these boards refused to buy that pack it would likely not make so much as a ripple since we are a small percentage of the overall TS4 buying public. It would take tens of thousands of us rising up in protest - maybe even with letters/emails/etc. - to get the message across. I finally found a replay link for the latest live thing, and while I learned about some things I'd not known about before, I was still disgusted. Disgusted with their immature crowing about how wonderful this pack is, and disgusted with how empty and fake it all is. As Writin_Reg said, it's not a game any longer, just a semi interactive movie.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited November 2018
    As long as enough people keep buying packs, the message won’t come across and apparently they do (I’m actually sending that message by hardly buying anything, not to send a message but simply because I don’t buy when I’m not interested). They don’t care whether they could sell more, they just want to sell enough to make the game survive and they clearly do. Because they didn’t in the first few years and you can feel the difference (not least in your wallets). Their only answer to failing sales figures will be: quit developing the game in general because ‘nowadays generations don’t like this type of game anymore’ or something like that.

The “it’s not a game anymore” isn’t a new feeling for me by the way. I’ve felt like that since release date. I’m actually a bit curious why some feel it’s turning into it now? As far as I can see there’s nothing new under the sun.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    @JoAnne65 I along with many others have crying wallets and their tears won't nourish the inspiration of MAXIS when they're building worlds it seems.
    tenor.gif?itemid=4940855
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @JoAnne65 I along with many others have crying wallets and their tears won't nourish the inspiration of MAXIS when they're building worlds it seems.
    tenor.gif?itemid=4940855
    Beautifully said.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    tenor.gif

I agree that your post is not just complaining it is more of feedback than an complaint, for negative feedback is still feedback and also communication. However, as far as boycotting it is one that requires an significant amount of customers that will to participate as to choke off any income for that particular project and there is not enough. I am holding back on purchasing until I see an really good sale. Sims 4 projectivity Imho is done until its end of cycle even if they add Terrain tools as most of the the other tools that some and myself like to see may never see the light of day. Now yes, they can edit this world, give an empty world or both. But that would be too rich.

I mean boycotting is fine but if people didn't boycott after My First Pet stuff which is an obvious cash grab I doubt one over Del Sol Valley will be very effective.
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    ceyric wrote: »
    tenor.gif

I agree that your post is not just complaining it is more of feedback than an complaint, for negative feedback is still feedback and also communication. However, as far as boycotting it is one that requires an significant amount of customers that will to participate as to choke off any income for that particular project and there is not enough. I am holding back on purchasing until I see an really good sale. Sims 4 projectivity Imho is done until its end of cycle even if they add Terrain tools as most of the the other tools that some and myself like to see may never see the light of day. Now yes, they can edit this world, give an empty world or both. But that would be too rich.

I mean boycotting is fine but if people didn't boycott after My First Pet stuff which is an obvious cash grab I doubt one over Del Sol Valley will be very effective.

Exactly :)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    tenor.gif

If more than half the population is an influencer or game changer, then I doubt my $40 makes a dent, lol. Just make everyone a game changer (the recent drive to gain more) and boycotting or not buying won't hurt them at all. I'm pretty sure they haven't missed my money this past year.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    tenor.gif

people did boycott MFP tho, and I don't think it did as well as EA expected, given that we had that pack on sale month a couple months
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Whether or not we could get a major boycott going, there is still the option of don't like, don't buy. Our wallets and consciences will thank us. There is also that little item at the bottom of the main site known as 'contact us', a means to firmly but politely let EA know how we feel. That is more likely to get to suit land, where the problem really lies.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2018
    DreamaDove wrote: »
    tenor.gif

people did boycott MFP tho, and I don't think it did as well as EA expected, given that we had that pack on sale month a couple months

People aren't going to boycott this EP. It will do very well in my opinion. Because the TS4 player doesn't care if it has a singer, rock band, model, a large studio town, or animations for any of the existing careers. That's not dissing them, it's just a fact. They may be somewhat disappointed but they are still going to buy it. It no longer matters, it's more about the DLC and how much you can get rather than the actual game anymore. Just look around. More than half of players purchased every SP..why? That's not really normal compared to the other games. It's because TS4 is half full of gameplay the other games had, so they keep buying trying to fill it up, with the excuse they love it and want more and more. If I love some thing I don't need to add to it unless I played it fifteen years (TS2) and then decide yeah, it needs some new stuff. Same for TS4, it's had four years but the DLC flies off the shelves because it leaves a lot to be desired so they keep trying to fill it up.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,965 Member
    tenor.gif

People aren't going to boycott this EP. It will do very well in my opinion. Because the TS4 player doesn't care if it has a singer, rock band, model, a large studio town, or animations for any of the existing careers. That's not dissing them, it's just a fact. They may be somewhat disappointed but they are still going to buy it. It no longer matters, it's more about the DLC and how much you can get rather than the actual game anymore. Just look around. More than half of players purchased every SP..why? That's not really normal compared to the other games. It's because TS4 is half full of gameplay the other games had, so they keep buying trying to fill it up, with the excuse they love it and want more and more. If I love some thing I don't need to add to it unless I played it fifteen years (TS2) and then decide yeah, it needs some new stuff. Same for TS4, it's had four years but the DLC flies off the shelves because it leaves a lot to be desired so they keep trying to fill it up.

Fact for me. Not an excuse. :) I've purchased every pack, every store item for every version of the Sims.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited November 2018
    I have bought many EPs and even several Stuff Packs Sims 3 (and lots of money spent in that expensive Sims 3 store).

I’ve been doing the same with Sims 4 as well: purchasing DLC or whatever packs, which is the Sims way. Why is that seen as abnormal? All of the Sims games have this thing called extra content you have to buy!

I’ve been buying EPs since Sims 1. Expansion packs are...like, DLC as well, but not always downloadable, so.... yeah. Still content outside of the base game I have to buy. Sims 1 through Sims 3 all have content you have to buy.

So, I’m going to buy this pack, regardless. And I refuse to be shamed about it on these forums.

(Who knows? Maybe my funding will eventually pay for a great Sims 5, lol?)
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    I have bought many EPs and even several Stuff Packs Sims 3 (and lots of money spent in that expensive Sims 3 store).

I’ve been doing the same with Sims 4 as well: purchasing DLC or whatever packs, which is the Sims way. Why is that seen as abnormal? All of the Sims games have this thing called extra content you have to buy!

I’ve been buying EPs since Sims 1. Expansion packs are...like, DLC as well, but not always downloadable, so.... yeah. Still content outside of the base game I have to buy. Sims 1 through Sims 3 all have content you have to buy.

So, I’m going to buy this pack, regardless. And I refuse to be shamed about it on these forums.

(Who knows? Maybe my funding will eventually pay for a great Sims 5, lol?)

Ofc you can buy what packs u want! I'm not try to shame you for that. I just give my feedback about this pack, things i'm not happy about it etc. I think negative feedback is always good and that help make this game better.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    all I know is I'm going to be playing FO76 until the inevitable half-off sale. Then I'll probably divide my time. I think it will be worth $20 easily. But I agree it's not worth $40. Then again, I don't think any of the EPs are. Unless I get the equivalent of 2/3 of an AAA game, $40 is too much.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    This will be the EP that I wait until I can find it for $5. From all we have seen thus far, that is all I believe it is worth.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2018
    tenor.gif

Fact for me. Not an excuse. :) I've purchased every pack, every store item for every version of the Sims.

Me Too. Same for everyone I know in real life that has played the Sims games since the beginning. This will be the first thing I won't be buying - ever. I cannot answer for my 32 family members that buy the Sims though - if they are buying or not. I haven't asked most of them.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    As long as enough people keep buying packs, the message won’t come across and apparently they do (I’m actually sending that message by hardly buying anything, not to send a message but simply because I don’t buy when I’m not interested). They don’t care whether they could sell more, they just want to sell enough to make the game survive and they clearly do. Because they didn’t in the first few years and you can feel the difference (not least in your wallets). Their only answer to failing sales figures will be: quit developing the game in general because ‘nowadays generations don’t like this type of game anymore’ or something like that.

The “it’s not a game anymore” isn’t a new feeling for me by the way. I’ve felt like that since release date. I’m actually a bit curious why some feel it’s turning into it now? As far as I can see there’s nothing new under the sun.

I agree for Sims 4 to me is more about it's looks and not so much on substance and that may be due to whatever limitations there might be. I fear they put more into artworks like the backdrops which does nothing for me as I can go to art shows and I call this game Sims 4: The Arts.