Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quarterly teaser 10/02/2016

Comments

• Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    @Finbar659 wrote: »
    *sighs* stuff packs, stuff packs, stuff packs. Can't they just do more game packs and expansion packs.

Look at this picture and tell me what you see :p

6r2cls5w2o4x.png

Cool! I never noticed the pattern before. EP, 2 SPs, GP, 2 SPs, EP, 2 SPs, GP, 2 SPs, EP...

Assuming it continues the pattern, the next releases in January and beyond will be another SP followed by a game pack. But of course anything can happen. Thank you for sharing that interesting image though

That's very intresting. Thanks for pointing in out!
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    *sighs* stuff packs, stuff packs, stuff packs. Can't they just do more game packs and expansion packs.

6r2cls5w2o4x.png

Cool! I never noticed the pattern before. EP, 2 SPs, GP, 2 SPs, EP, 2 SPs, GP, 2 SPs, EP...

Assuming it continues the pattern, the next releases in January and beyond will be another SP followed by a game pack. But of course anything can happen. Thank you for sharing that interesting image though

You're welcome! I'm not reading into it a ton but I still found it interesting. As humans we are built to find patterns, and we look for them even in random data. So it's hard not to see patterns, even if there wasn't meant to be one. I sure will be watching though :)
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,448 Member
    The short teaser for the elegant SP looks great to me! Is this a lipstick in the thought bubble? Perhaps the gameplay object is a working make-up table.
  • Options
    foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    TRIGGERED

We have like 3 EPs and 10 stuff packs.
    I know EPs take long to make but seriously.

*punches table*
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    foussi wrote: »
    TRIGGERED

*punches table*

And 3 GPs. = roughly 1.5 EPs in development budget, probably, based on pricing
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    foussi wrote: »
    TRIGGERED

*punches table*
    Dont forget that SPs are the new store.

• Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    QDog wrote: »

6r2cls5w2o4x.png

You're welcome! I'm not reading into it a ton but I still found it interesting. As humans we are built to find patterns, and we look for them even in random data. So it's hard not to see patterns, even if there wasn't meant to be one. I sure will be watching though :)

I have to admit I always found it odd that they didn't follow a release pattern. It just didn't make sense that they work on stuff and release it randomly. That's not how business usually works. As you point out, humans are built to find patterns but they also built to follow them.

Well now we have found a pattern! Maybe there was never meant to be one and maybe they'll break it, but it'll be interesting to see if the December SP is followed by another SP and then a GP.
  • Options
    jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    So, basically more stuff that I can't enjoy because the gameplay continue to be lacking in so many respects. I would be really happy with more stuff if the game had complete gameplay, now I just can't care.

I agree, the stuff looks nice but I can't play the game just because there's pretty stuff in it while there's little gameplay to actually keep me interested
    tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • Options
    SimmingLoveSimmingLove Posts: 280 Member
    Well... I mean, I didn't think an awesome pack would be coming out this quarter OTHER than City Living, so I just see the SP as extra. Not sure if I'll buy it though. Sorta over "stuff packs." Will have to see what the gameplay object is.

But, I sure hope there is better free content then just a holiday update coming soon. It seems a little unfair that they'd just give us little riddles and such for us to speculate over. I mean, shouldn't they know that this fanbase can get excited over tons of things they say, thinking their huge hints. I really thought some great free content was coming soon, but looks like it might have just been the challenge. I hope I am wrong.

But hopefully now I know not to get my hopes up as much.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    MiwaPRO wrote: »
    The stuff pack looks (to me) New Years related but I could be wrong.
    It feels more Art Deco 1920s to me.

Yeah!! That clock kind reminds the Starburst Clock from TS3's Mid Century Modern Kitchen Marvels.
    dxcp1oW.png

Hopefully they'll come with a gameplay object announcement from now on!

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the clock, the couch and the clothing. Remember the CAS dresses from those sets had the longer hem line? We must be getting some sort of retro stuff pack.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »
    I surprised they didn't hint at some of the free patch content, they usually do. (not counting celebrations, that might be free)

Yeah I also did not get the random scenes in between with Mortimer and Bella and the others. So random. Looks like they only put it there to make the trailer seem longer x)

I think it is always a before-and-after-scene. Mortimer and Bella in their usual clothes/in the death costumes. The boring living room/the glamourous 1940s living room.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member

6r2cls5w2o4x.png

Loads of ''stuff'' (chairs and tables) and almost no Gameplay? Looks like it. The StuffPackSimulator 4.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I hope this upcoming stuff pack has a really interesting gameplay object, because I'm not interested in art deco furniture... I'm usually excited about everything, but this teaser was underwhelming to me.

Art deco could go really well in a San Myshuno penthouse -- might have been the thinking behind the theme. Someone could gift both the EP and SP for the holidays.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I hope this upcoming stuff pack has a really interesting gameplay object, because I'm not interested in art deco furniture... I'm usually excited about everything, but this teaser was underwhelming to me.

Art deco could go really well in a San Myshuno penthouse -- might have been the thinking behind the theme. Someone could gift both the EP and SP for the holidays.

If I gifted any of my family any Sims 4 anything - they'd disown me.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options

I think this oldfashioned elegant stuff is perfect for the upcoming vampire EP :D .
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    @luthienrising - I agree with you that Lot Traits will probably be a big game changer for me. But, I don't think that would be the thing that the patch notes were hinting at, or that Graham was saying they wanted to talk about but couldn't, because that's something we already knew about at the end of the last quarter. Same with the Day of the Dead challenge, actually - that was mentioned in an in-game update (the shelf description) last quarter, so clearly they were okay to talk about it at the end of last quarter. So it wouldn't make sense if that's what Graham was referring to, you see what I mean?

I'm disappointed that this trailer didn't seem to show any big game-changing element like the patch notes and tweets were getting us excited for. However, I'm still clutching at the hope that they didn't include whatever it is because it doesn't fit the format of the quarterly teasers... though they really could have thrown in something... :weary: I wonder if this confirms that Lot Traits aren't going to be patched in this quarter, though, since they weren't in the teaser? I guess we have to wait and see if @SimGuruDrake will confirm that this trailer shows all of the new content for the quarter, like she did with the summer GIF.

For those of you who are confused or annoyed that the people are wearing base game clothing and using base game items, particularly in the Holiday portion, that's actually how it was for Dine Out and Kids' Room Stuff in the quarterly teaser as well. That's why I actually didn't like that teaser - it made Dine Out and Kids' Room Stuff seem really underwhelming to me, since for example the kid in KRS was playing with BG toys and had a BG bed. Everything isn't ready yet, so they are only teasing a few things, using BG stuff to fill in the rest of the picture until the content has been completed.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

I think this oldfashioned elegant stuff is perfect for the upcoming vampire EP :D .

Nothing says Vampire like 1950's deco!

LOL. Glad to see someone still has a sense of humor in their disappointment - anyway.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    I'm confused.

So basically things that are based on things that were already thought of? Why do we need another holiday themed pack if there is one already? What are they going to bring? A Santa Claus? I'm confused. We had a Christmas themed pack with Christmas trees, lights & wreaths. We have a Halloween themed pack, spooky stuff, so why are they doing this AGAIN???? Where is this carnival themed, roller coaster, fair EP/Stuff Pack/Game pack? Where is the beach vacation EP/Stuff Pack/Game pack where sims can go on vacation to a beach resort & swim in the ocean or go in a cruise?? Who is asking for these other things?

It's basically adding on to what we already have -- we could use some nice colored lights for outdoors (plain lights, not the ones with the shapes like snowflakes or the Hanukkah ones). I love the mini tux for boys that came in last year's pack but it's hard to find shoes to match, so some new children's dress shoes would be awesome. More decor -- maybe a long dining table with a tablecloth for family events, with matching chairs. Getting a few things every year means that by the time the game does end we'll likely have as much content as would come in a stuff pack, and at no extra cost. It's just an extra freebee -- it has nothing to do with future pack content (and if they patched in an NPC Santa Claus that brought gifts, like we had in one of the early Sims games, I'd be ecstatic).
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

LOL. Glad to see someone still has a sense of humor in their disappointment - anyway.
    I'm 100 % sure Christopher Lee likes 1950s deco. The problem is that I am the only one who knows Christopher Lee.

• Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Sanriel85 wrote: »
    So another stuff pack... and no news for game pack. Great!

Oh yay! Just what Simmers wanted another stuff pack called The Sims 4: Zip It Up! I hope we can at least pansted our Sims now but based on the tuxedo icon it's just another "rich and famous stuff pack"! Sigh...
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Well it is a bit more and less than my guesses. I thought there would either be 1 EP and 1 GP this quarter or 1 EP or 1 GP, but ended up being 1 EP and 1 SP and 1 FP update. Sorry I'm one of the Simmers that notices patterns. I do think SimGuruGraham works really hard and even joked with him that he is beating the rest of the teams with pack releases. Anyway, onto guesses for next quarter. I'm going to guess 1 GP and 1 SP maybe.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

I'm 100 % sure Christopher Lee likes 1950s deco. The problem is that I am the only one who knows Christopher Lee.

Nope - another fan here too. Also liked his Sherlock Holmes and Fu Manchu as well. Actually he seems more suited to the 30's stuff actually. He is much missed. Acted right to the final scene. So elegant.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited October 2016
    Wow! Looks like it's going to be another amazing quarter! Great job, sims 4 team!

I don't know if I'd call it amazing, right now, personally. I think (and hope) City Living will make it so though. AFAIK, the "city" themed EPs tend to do pretty well with each iteration.

I wonder what they'll do with the Christmas pack as well. If they're charging for it, I'd hope to see the return of the Santa NPC from TS1/TS2.
  • Options
    Well the stuff pack said Winter of 2016, so it looks like that both packs will be released before January? Unless they just mean the winter of 2016 season.... But if it was going to be released in January wouldn't they say early 2017?

Idk, but i'm curious to learn more.... I'm also confused by the random scenes with Bella and Mortimer.... What's up with that?

The teasers are for the content for the quarter, so October 1-December 31. I'd go with both those things are coming out between December 21 and 31.

Re. the little scenes: they're before-new-stuff, after-new-stuff.

I'm thinking that the SP releases mid-December, and the holiday content will be included in the pre-SP patch. (Some people think of "winter" as beginning in early December, and they're going to want to release the SP before Christmas to catch the last-minute holiday shoppers who have a Simmer who has everything on their gift list.)