Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    no mind *hugs to you to*
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Monday was terrible, I came home from work and hubby had/has the flu! Tuesday my oldest daughter came over and we took one of the twins to the oral surgeon (she had all four impacted wisdom teeth extracted) I had about 4 hours sleep before work that night :s Then I find out Wednesday my oldest daughter has the flu with upper respiratory infection! Oh my, they better keep their germs to themselves! The rest of us do not need to get the flu bug! So much change is going on at work too, so I can't really miss work!

Anyway, I signed onto Origin to play my Sims3 yesterday or the day before, and survey box popped up about Sims3. Said they wanted my opinion because they are tinkering (not the word, I just can't remember the word they used) with it??? My first response was that I was not aware they were even still doing anything with the Sims3! Now why would they survey me? Knowing Sims3 is my love? ROFL I bet that was an old survey but why have it pop up now? *smh*

Anyway, I hope I can get on the forums more, but it may be every now and then. Seems like something in RL pulls me away. I think things are settling down some in RL so my fingers are crossed, LOL

*hugs to everyone*
  • Options
    TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    edited March 2016
    @charlotteprice you may want to take some airborne to boost your immune system to keep the flu bug away! Or if you already feel like you are trying to catch it there is this stuff called Oscillococcinum you are suppose to take it at the first sign of illness and it either stops you from getting or it cuts your sick time in half it is weird but it works it is also some times hard to find!

Also thank you so much for the truck load of gifts! you gave me the last I needed to get the everyday casual chic set and took off a big chunk of the The Coffee Bean Hipster Loft! (I am purposely not putting whole sets on my wishlist because you guys are so generous lately gifting me truckloads I don't want you to overpay for a set! I am getting better at estimating what I need for them though it only took me 2 trys last time!)

My wishlist will be updated in a few seconds that is the third time today you guys are on a roll!
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    edited March 2016
    @charlotteprice , thank you so much for The Last Venue of Amore. That was an incredible surprise to get once my internet connection was back to normal! I hope your family will get better very soon.

ETA: Also, @charlotteprice , I just realised that I tagged you by mistake in a different thread instead of a user called Charlottesmom. Sorry! It must have been confusing to be tagged in a random comment about a Sim impaled on a mailbox.

I have updated my top 5.
    Post edited by PalmArrow on
  • Options
    ZombieMewZombieMew Posts: 523 Member
    Thanks @Kyrah2016 for the gifts!
    Me-AaAaAa!

Wishlist and Top 5 list

Steam: MathewMii
    dA and Youtube: SillyEwe
  • Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    wow @charlotteprice I HOPE YOU HAVE A BETTER DAY :D
  • Options
    @Teanias I feel fine right now, but you never know! I will check with the Dr. to see if I can take one of those medicines just in case (there is so much I "can't" take due to my injections) Thanks for the advice, much appreciated <3

You are welcome for the gifts, glad they helped and ...yeah... I will leave the WL up to you because I have no clue about estimating things, LOL

*hugs*
  • Options
    @PalmArrow You are welcome for the gift! I have only used it a few times and my date was a Dr. and left right in the middle of the boat ride :s Turned out to be a terrible date too :D

I did notice that (thanks for @Simgeek79 explaining it) and I couldn't help but laugh. I knew exactly what you did. Two Charlotte's can be confusing! At least I checked the thread out while I was there and it is a great thread with wonderful pics, so thank you for steering me there, LOL

*hugs*
  • Options
    renyerookamirenyerookami Posts: 536 Member
    @charlotteprice, i hope the twin with the wisdom teeth is doing well. i'm going to a consult with the oral surgeon about mine tomorrow :p 4 impacted on me too. and thank you for the gifts!
    also that you to @HSmith2016 and @ZombieMew!
    needless to say my top 5 is updated :) you rock!
  • Options
    MysteryGhost2013MysteryGhost2013 Posts: 406 Member
    edited March 2016
    I'm working on two sets while they are on sale, Palace of Versailles and The Jazz Age Wear.
    Here is my Top 5
    Post edited by MysteryGhost2013 on
  • Options
    @renyerookami It only took about 30 minutes to do all 4 of them :o She was under anesthesia too but they just cut a small slit and pulled the gum apart and took each one out that way. NO stitches needed! It was great and the Dr. did a wonderful job. She is on the third day (today) so she can have mashed potatoes now, LOL. She is tired of Jello and liquids. They say the third day is the worst so we will see how today goes. She did start taking her pain pills yesterday and did use a cold pack but she is so glad to have them out and no more bothersome pain from them! My oldest daughter is going to make an appointment too and get hers removed. I was only blessed with one (shows how much wisdom I had) :D
    Good luck with your consult! Keep us posted!

*hugs*
  • Options
    thereesespiecethereesespiece Posts: 614 Member
    Thank you @charlotteprice for gifting my entire top five! I just adore the Victorian tops! I hope everyone feels better soon and that you can avoid the flu sometimes I think it's impossible! But you can do it!! I always drink lots of OJ at the first sight of anyone getting sick. A nurse friend told me it helps because of the vitamin c.

Thank you @Kyrah2016 <3 For the kids PJs! I had never noticed this set before but was going through all the sets after I completed all the compilations!

No top 5 update I'm too tired/lazy to reach for my laptop LOL!
  • Options
    You are welcome @LaineeCheri Glad to help out!

I heard that about OJ too. I just figured that between Diet Coke and Chocolates that I won't get sick? :D:*

Where is the LOL button when you need it! I cracked up about "too tired/lazy", at least you admit it? LOL

*hugs*
  • Options
    thereesespiecethereesespiece Posts: 614 Member
    LOL @charlotteprice honesty is the best policy!!! Besides Hacienda Luxury I have no idea why I'm awake. My daughter is a night owl she's up until 10-11PM and sleeps until 10-11AM. It works for me because I haven't gotten up this early since high school! I've always worked afternoons/nights because I'm allergic to early mornings! So I'm just going to lay here and hope I fall back asleep
  • Options
    tac612tac612 Posts: 453 Member
    Good morning everyone! I only have a few minutes this morning before work... but wanted to give a HUGE thank you to @charlotteprice for the many gifts of clothing! I was so shocked to wake and find you had knocked out my top 5 and then some!

On another note, I hope your daughter does ok with the wisdom teeth - I know how that is! And I also hope no one else gets the bug! I've been around sick kids for weeks and so far (knock on wood) I've been ok. I've been feeling a little off this past week, but it hasn't gotten worse, so I'm taking it as a good thing.

I will update my top 5 this afternoon and change it to "under construction"!
  • Options
    MysteryGhost2013MysteryGhost2013 Posts: 406 Member
    Thank you so so much @charlotteprice for gifting me Commissioned by Kings, Dress for Dinner, The Marie Antoinette, The Duchess of Devonshire and Country Palace Dress.
    Also, Thank you very much @Reachsims for gifting me Cat's Meow Coat, Jane's New Digs, Abe's Cabe Dress and Chorus Girl Curl.

Your gifts have helped a lot!! :D
    Here is my updated Top 5
  • Options
    @LaineeCheri I work nights, so I dislike going out in daylight (my eyes can't stand the sun, or snow, or just anything in the daylight)

I am a VAMPIRE >:)>:)

You are blessed to have a daughter that sleeps till 10-11 am o:) Mine went to bed late ( they had to go to the bathroom, or needed a drink, or anything but BED) but woke up early :o Those are the good days and I hope I never loose the memories of my kids from birth to now!

*hugs*
  • Options
    @tac612 You are very welcome, I had fun gifting you!

My daughter will be just fine sweetie, she is like her momma! Strong and can tolerate pain pretty good! All the others took after their Dad, LOL They took very little after me come to think of it :s Its a joke with me and the kids, I tell them quite often they are like their Dad and they laugh and can't deny it. Bless them all (my kids) LOL

*knocks on wood with you* hoping to keep the bug away from us and everyone!

*hugs*
  • Options
    @MysteryGhost2013 You are very welcome! Glad I could help and I do like the dresses in that set!

*hugs*
  • Options
    Hayley~BelleHayley~Belle Posts: 786 Member
    I'm not happy......no ads to "watch" while I'm knitting!!!
    Just a sim-ple pink person
    Thank you to everyone who contributed to helping me own the store X
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
  • Options
    laurelarlaurelar Posts: 383 Member
    Thank you @Hayley~Belle and @tac612 for the gifts! I guess @Hayley~Belle trolls wishlists looking for pink things. lol.

I have nothing today, but a deal every two hours tomorrow. Isn't that funny how that works? Including Mother Russia, which I could still use a little more help on.

I had my wisdom teeth out when I was a teen. It was really awful. :( Maybe thinks have progressed since then.
  • Options
    Bird166Bird166 Posts: 443 Member
    BIG, HUGE, GIGANTIC thank you's to @tac612, @charlotteprice and @Hayley~Belle for knocking out my Top 5 and then some!! :)

And now I need you all to help me with a mystery...I was just on the Worlds page and I happened to click on Barnacle Bay and it showed, to my surprise, a blue download button??!! I never bought it, I looked through all my purchased pages which date back to Feb 2012, I never saw an email or a message that someone gifted it to me, I am at a loss! AND I feel awful if someone gifted such a huge gift to me and I never properly thanked them!!! :# So...anyone going to fess up? Come on, I know you must be out there somewhere??? Or was EA feeling super generous and gave it to all of us for free?? (ya, right. I know.) But seriously, this is nagging at me so...HELP!
  • Options
    @Bird166 I had just cleared history and logged out and back in a few minutes before you posted this. I just checked the store and it wants $19.99 for me to purchase it so it doesn't show blue ( I have owned this for years and have to pull out my disk box to enter my code because they never fixed some of the stuff after all these years)

It is hard to believe EA would be feeling generous, but you never know!

You are welcome for the gifts, glad I could help!

*hugs*
  • Options
    Bird166Bird166 Posts: 443 Member
    Hmmm, I just saw on another thread that @renyerookami and @LaineeCheri had similar things happen with other sets and venues. They got blue downloads without owning all the items. Interesting...