Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Graphics R Ugly!

I do not have TS4, but I see the picture above for The Sims.com and sims in the Sims 4 look like characters from Star Wars Rebels, and not in a good way.
Sims 1: Horrible Graphics
Sims 2: Anime- Like Graphics
Sims 3: Realistic Graphics
Sims 4: Cartoony, Star Wars Rebels Graphics.
And did I mention that the Sims 2 had hair animation? I know, I wish I had the Sims 2 :'(
Tell me what you think of the Sims 4 graphics! In my opinion, they're ugly!

Comments

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I think they're too cartoony for my taste. They all look like barbie dolls with leaves as hair. Just my opinion.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    Cartoony. Waxy. Cheap. Distinct Nintendo 64 vibe. A step down.
  • Options
    ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,243 Member
    I like them. They're different sure, but I like them. All I can say about that.
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited November 2014
    I think the graphics looks really nice, but your opinion is your opinion sooo.. What do you want me to do 'bout it, I can't really change it. :)

tumblr_inline_mkxp06Bs4v1qz4rgp.gif
  • Options
    BobTheLlamaBobTheLlama Posts: 192 Member
    I like Star Wars Rebels.
  • Options
    sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    I find the Sims themselves look infinitely better than the creepy I had too much botox pillow faces of TS3. Believe it or not, the worlds of TS4 are actually gorgeous, but that distance blur disguises it. I won't even go into the green slime terrain. Both the distance blur and the green slime terrain were fixed for me via mods, and...it's worth it. IDK what the Devs were thinking on that one. Oasis Springs makes me want to pull out Fallout New Vegas every time I play there.
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    They weren't what I wanted but I wouldn't say they were ugly. Sometimes they're even quite pretty.
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Are we ignoring TS3 vanilla base graphics.... those seemed pretty dull to me.
    The-Sims-3-the-sims-3-6605353-1280-1024.jpg
  • Options
    LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    Not disagreeing with what you say against TS4 because I believe cartoony/waxy was the look they were going for.

I disagree with you saying TS3 graphics were realistic. TS3 worlds/environments had the potential to look awesome but for me that doesn't necessarily mean "realistic". I only consider something realistic looking if its like next gen graphics that actually make me think 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that looks so real I can barely tell the difference between that and the real version of whatever "that" is. TS3 never did that for me.

The sims themselves looked pretty garbage except when you threw a ton of CC on them and then they just looked like pretty expressionless dolls that didn't make me think "🐸🐸🐸🐸 that looks like a real person". Don't get me wrong though the pretty expressionless doll look was great. It's a look that I feel is hard to recreate as well in TS4 just because the sims don't look sweet or soft enough to pull off the Korean doll look with the CC that is currently available.

TL;DR
    TS3 was very pretty but not entirely realistic -- not to say that TS4 is any closer to being "realistic" because it certainly is not.
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,874 Member
    To me the graphics aren't as good as Sims 3 but they're not bad either, I don't have any kind of problem with them. Except the hair. But it's not like Sims 3 Sims didn't have hair issues either.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Yup they're like Pixar animation characters gone bad....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    EasyToRead wrote: »

Why did you buy the game?
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    I think the game is stunning, there where things about the sims 3 i liked more like the map view for example. I never noticed how pretty the map view in the sims 3 was until recently as im so used to 4's now which is so white.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited November 2014
    365_days wrote: »

Realistic you say...

Okay. If I took this:
    Screenshot-6.jpg

And then threw in this:
    Screenshot-7.jpg

Sure it's a way more realistic game.

If you think plastic dolls with bad hair running around a realistic looking world looks realistic, that is. Do I dare point out how realistic that blocky bush beside the sims in the second pic is? Especially when compared with the first picture? Oh, and the grass...

*sighs*

It's all subject to opinion, I guess.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    Sims 4 Sims looks better than any Sims from the past!
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    I really like the visuals of the game and find it is a step forward from where TS3 was at. I really happen to like the visuals of this game a whole lot more than in the previous game.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Well granted Sims 1 and 2 were in different times, like what early 2000? and they didn't have the animation software they now have for sims 3.
    Honestly the sims have never looked so good till now. the Sims 3 honestly hurts my eyes now, Sims 4 for the win.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »

I'm sure you know why. You have the game too and have similar reasons... Odd question coming from you.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

Realistic you say...

Okay. If I took this:
    Screenshot-6.jpg

And then threw in this:
    Screenshot-7.jpg

If you think plastic dolls with bad hair running around a realistic looking world looks realistic, that is. Do I dare point out how realistic that blocky bush beside the sims in the second pic is? Especially when compared with the first picture? Oh, and the grass...

*sighs*

Are you really talking about a plastic look? Sims 4 looks much more plastic than Sims 3.

The OP also looks like a trolls just trying to start a fight :/
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    But... but... but, EA's ultimate goal is to let you play the sims on your iphone with microtransactions. It has to look that way. $1.99 freemium surcharge for improved graphics.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    I like Star Wars Rebels.

Me too.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Are you really talking about a plastic look?

In comparison to the first pic, as stated? Yes.

In S4, the entire game looks like it all belongs together. Whether one actually likes the style or not, it flows.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

Realistic you say...

Okay. If I took this:
    Screenshot-6.jpg

And then threw in this:
    Screenshot-7.jpg

*sighs*

Those sims look awful and dead.
  • Options
    munchie885 wrote: »

I'm sure you know why. You have the game too and have similar reasons... Odd question coming from you.

I was just curious. I use a lot of CC on my sims so something as trivial as looks doesn't effect me much. Since I change their entire cartoon look to something realistic anway.

I was just wondering because you don't seem to like the graphics and you don't seem like a CC type of person.
  • Options
    Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    4 still has the best rear-ends in the business...nuff said
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top