Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Got a Store Set Idea?

Comments

• Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hmm to be honest what I am about to request is not really new or even close to new.Its a request to fix the junkyard aspect and making trips to the junkyard fun.Heres my ideas.

Handyness level 1-4 a 20 percent chance to refurbish items like furniture etc a 30 percent chance to repair electrical items.Failure of course results in lost time and item disappears also carries over to all levels below as to not have to type it again .

Handyness level 5-8 a 30 percent chance to refurbish and a 40 percent chance to repair electrical items.Now correctly repairing items gives a 8 hour moodlet like (Simolean Saver) :mrgreen: or negative (Techno Travesty) :oops:

Handyness level 9-10 a 50 percent chance to refurbish and a 60 percent chance to repair,New moodlet for a positive result is like 10 hour moodlet (Handyman Hotshot) :thumbup: and negative (Fix up Failure) :thumbdown:

Will think of a actual new store item later though

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited February 2014
    I can't have enough décor. I'd love more simple flower arrangements, in that word that gets censored! :lol: Especially a simple red rose that can be used in the middle of a bistro table. More pictures, the store ones are always fab! More statues...

How about a garden set? A few of us were discussing this lately. I love garden sculptures: little Victorian fairies, lazy rabbits, whatever! :lol: We could get 'freshly picked' flowers in ***** (just décor but it'd fit with the theme, just simple, traditional ones. Ummm... you could do those pretty trees and bushes with fairy-lights in them. *nudge nudge* Oooh! A new wishing well! I'd really love some climbing roses like the ivy and wisteria that comes in sections that can be placed against the wall. I'd love the iron fence and columns from TS1 Old Town to go with my lovely ironwork stairs and bistro table. And I'd very much like a cherry tree like the base game one but with white blossom (not harvestable, a tree tree). :mrgreen:

I'd really like more shop stuff. I know you're not thinking of PC but I'd love a bakery and chocolate shop! So... please can we have that! :lol: But if not, a variety of chocolate boxes as décor would be fab! And some sellable cakes, for some reason existing birthday/wedding cakes can't be placed on community lots. A counter that looks like a cake display would be fab. General junk to put on shelves, like jam jars and spices and those huge pepper grinders you see in restaurants! Oh! Hanging cured meats and/or herbs that could be lined up above a counter (as seen in a posh restaurant in rl lately).

I like the Moroccan, Cambodian, Indian sets, I'd like more of those sort of things.

And I would love a simple single hanging lightbulb that I could clutter up like this:

Vintage-lightbulbs.jpg

Ummm... OH! Stuff for a sound studio type place! Like this:

recording-studio3.jpg

Maybe it could be modelled on a dj booth?

I'd take an old fashioned spinning wheel and a sewing machine as deco if they can't be pc.

I'd love a 'bank' set with vaults, like those little floor to ceiling safety deposit boxes. And a great huge vault door! Those funny bank teller typewriter things, like an old fashioned accountants. *Thinks of Gringotts* You know those windows you get at a counter in a bank that have a little bit that opens so you can talk through it? One of them! :lol: Maybe an 'ATM machine' that could be modelled on a computer?

Since Zerbu made his Ultimate Careers mod I'd love anything you might find inside a rabbithole, so how about a hospital set? With a hospital bed and general hospital clutter? It wouldn't have to be upsetting (I know some people say that) after all... people go to hospital for nice things too, like for check ups when pregnant! :D

edit: to add a moses basket type crib, or one like in hospitals.

edit again: harvestables aren't pc are they? I'd love berries!

Hmmmm.... I'm sure I'll be back...

Thanks Santa! Um... I mean Alan! <3
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited February 2014
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    SimGuruCopeland, I cannot express thanks enough that you started this thread. It gives us some answers to some questions we had after last week's unfortunate events (even if you cannot comment on them directly, it still does!) And you are asking the community's opinion again as well which is also much appreciated.

This!!!
  • Options
    Anghara130Anghara130 Posts: 233 New Member
    edited February 2014
    SimGuru Copeland, I thought nobody would ever ask..... but thank you for proving me wrong on this one! I had started a thread in Ideas and Feedback to make a list....

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/713795.page

To which I would add Sliding Closet Doors, so we could build a fitted wardrobe like we had in Sims2.

Also, more clothing choices for males, elders, toddlers and teens - but real life sort of clothes.

But pretty much I would LOVE for the store team to go through everything they've brought out, and make a completer set - so that each wall light had a table, floor and pendant to go with it, each fence had single and double gates, each Front Door had an assortment of windows (including sensible counter height ones!) as well as one or two internal style doors to go with it (where at least one is not see-through for bathroom use). Where each room set in a particular style had a houseful of other room sets to go with it. So the Cambodia Bedroom and Bath had a kitchen, lounge, diner, etc.

Just, PLEASE, finish the sets off properly? More rough and ready items too, cheap and cheerful (or not so cheerful) for those of us who like to play with salvaging furniture! Make it actually repairable from the junk-yard?

And one thing above all else - in case the new Art Venue stairs are a set piece - Internally placeable stair platforms at 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 wall height so we can make L and U shaped, T shaped and zig-zag stairs if we wanted to! Make the walls colour-able and deletable! Stair rails and bannisters to match the stairs!

And one more thing..... DIAGONAL KITCHEN COUNTERS!!!!! They don't have to be useable for cooking, just fit so that when you make a kitchen go around a 45' corner you can have counters there instead of a gap! Maybe make them island ones so you can eat there.... and of course cabinets to go above them?

I should stop now right? But, if anything on this list comes out, I will be one super happy person, because all of this has been bugging me for a while now.

THANK-YOU Guru's and Store Team in advance (just in case).
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited February 2014
    Set stuff:

More teen, elder, children, and toddler clothing. More ethnic hair. A bathtub/shower combo with a real, live shower curtain like the one that was in sims 2. A really nice garden tub. An above ground hot tub. More complete sets in general. More compilation sets as well. I second the opinion to have more smoke alarms and pool lights. More jewelry/makeup/accessories in CAS. Some examples of completing sets are drifter's desire, the circus one (with lots of nice premium content to go with it :mrgreen: ) The Cambodia sets and the African sets seem incomplete as well.

Venue type items: bakery, ferris wheel, complete the corn, MERRY GO ROUND for the kid's playground set. It would also be nice if it gave athletic skill if you added more playground equipment. More children's toys. Yoga and tea sets would be very, very nice :) Is there any way to add clothing to our burrito babies? A toddler bed that isn't a crib.

I reserve the right to add more as I think of it :mrgreen:

edited to add: bumper cars! Somebody suggested more cars. A tricycle.
  • Options
    RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    edited February 2014
    It's already been said but no harm saying it again;
    Teen, toddler, child and elder clothing and hair please.
    Everyday looking stuff that's not too themey would be best too. :)

Thanks for making this thread, gives everyone one place to go with their ideas. Hope you take it on board. :)
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,434 Member
    edited February 2014
    I would love to see more room sets for the Kingdom of Cambodia set, the Africa Inspiration set, and the Hacienda Luxury set. Also CAS sets for the age groups missing in the Palace of Versailles and Tutor of Tudor sets.

I would love more picture choices- nice landscapes would be lovely.

I would prefer the fleshing out of existing sets as opposed to a completely new set.

I also wouldn't mind a few new bicycle and motorcycle choices.

• Options
    DCExplorerDCExplorer Posts: 724 Member
    edited February 2014
    Thank you for creating this thread and giving us a voice!

-I would LOVE some cute ballet shoes, tutus, and leotards to go with the Skylight dance studio (child, teen and adult) :mrgreen: Also, some more athletic gear for children. Such as football uniforms, cheerleader outfits, etc.

-I would also like to see some of the available sets to be fully fleshed out. Such as Through the Spy Glass living and kitchen, and Safari bedroom and kitchen.

-Anything for the outdoor living space, like more plants and trees and decor would be awesome!

-I agree with the person who said 2-story windows. Also totally agree and was going to ask for more medical profession gear and decor so that we could create a hospital-like building...non-rabbit hole :lol:

-I know that we probably will never see it, since functioning bars come strictly with Late Night, but I'd love some more professional bar styles.

-And how about some different facial piercings like lip, nose, eyebrow...

-I would also love some more holiday decor, like gingerbread houses and light-up reindeer. I know it's way past the holiday season, but maybe next year?

I know that you said set items, but I can't help but mention some PC items I would really, really adore:

How about a tool-kit that could be used to upgrade the sleep/hunger/hygiene ratings on beds/fridges/showers etc. This way, I wouldn't feel so compelled to keep choosing the same items over and over again to furnish all my homes with.

An NPC gardener!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

A functioning microphone so that we can have a band with a lead singer :wink:

A fountain tool that gives the appearance of koi fish swimming around :D

• Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited February 2014
    You're wonderful; thanks!
    Sets Build/Buy/CAS:
    -Steampunk I'd love seeing finished/expanded. Both build/buy and CAS. Head wear is essential, goggles and hats like the dandy lady hat from more magic set.

-Rococo/Palace de Versailles theme more please.

-Through the Spy Glass I'd love seeing finished/expanded too.

-Love more Victorian CAS especially if it is more authentic.

-Magic the magic/fantasy doesn't have a basic (non PC) build/buy I'd love voodoo and magic clutter/decor and other build/buy plus some more CAS would be great too.

-More Dark Industrial (ITTF origins exclusive set/theme) stuff.

PC/decor set:
    -I'd love a tea set Asian or English (PC) and tea clutter/decor high tea snacks, desserts, tea pots, cups etc.

Venues:
    -French Bakery I'd except farm bakery but I'd love a European fancy one better.

-Steampunk inventors/tinkerer shop/tower or DaVinci's tower.

Other:
    -I'd love a chance at old LE and exclusives that I miss before I started playing (old bundle items like the hair bundle, dr pepper wonderland, pea shooter etc.)

I worry about new themes that don't fit with others cause they remain incomplete, I much like complete sets of current themes.

Thank you for this thread I was scared the store was done and this thread really brightened my day :)

What she said. :thumbup:
    I just thought of some things I forgot.
    More ethnic hairstyles for males and females of all ages.
    Long curley hair for females of all ages.
    Newer generation fixer upper cars.
    A maternity wear set for preggo Sims.
    The bathtowel turban for females. Please make it to were it can be worn to bed.
    A new bathrobe to go with the turban.
    Mstybl95 wrote:
    More Build mode items.

Complete sets of windows and doors with matching arches.

New parapets, pediments, and balustrades. More types of brick and stone walls.

U-shaped/half-landing stairs. Safty fences for around the spiral stairs because having a hole in the floors just seems like an accident waiting to happen. Plus it looks really odd.

And I'd also like to see some windows that make it look like there is a hole or crack in the wall. Boarded up and broken windows to match.

I would also like to see some of the sets that are already in the store completed.

I would love to see more cars, especially family cars and beat up junkers.

As for furniture, I'd love to see more modern furniture sets for every room, think Ikea type with lots of straight lines or cubed designs.

I'd also like to see more dilapidated furniture. Lets grunge it up or give us some grungy recolors of the stuff we already have. That would be awesome.
    jjaammiiee wrote:
    First off thank you very much for asking! Second, I would love for more Compilation Sets to come out (both monthly ones, and the best of 20??, etc.), the last one was almost a year ago :cry: But here are a couple of the objects I would like to see...
    B002SMJ414.03.lg.jpg
    ^Roof segments (with and without windows), such as those from Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff^
    screenshot_26.jpg
    ^This particular set of stairs, such as those from Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff^
    hqdefault.jpg
    ^Closets, such as those from Sims 2 Apartment Life^
    >As well, Clothes racks that enable our Sims to change clothes like a dresser
    >2-Story Windows
    >More Elevator styles or types

Thank you again, and I might be back with more later :D
    Thanks for asking :D !

There are quite a few of us that have been asking for some gritty, used and broken inner city buy/build content. So much of the content for Sims is beautiful, shiny and for Sims that are upwardly mobile.

A lot of us play homeless, poor and less than fortunate Sims and we've been really ignored. It's true there are some items we can recolor to look old and used but how about boarded windows, graffiti \for walls and some furniture in the same theme.
    Buy items that would match up with this

Thumbnail_300x300.png

For build items think Bridgeport gone (way) downhill, seedy and taken over by the Sims who will never live in a mansion.
    I would love to see a few things:

1. A park venue modeled after Central Park with Horse-drawn carriage and swans/ducks/geese that you can feed. The carriages could be used for Victorian Sims and Weddings as well.

2. A Japanese venue with a tea set and yoga.

3. A bakery venue with stand mixers that allow various baked goods to be made and sold with either your Sims able to bake and sell or other hired Sims baking.

4. A Romance set with a round bathtub similar in size to the corner tub that allows the decorative lights with rose petals, two wine glasses, and a candle to placed as well as similar interactions as the hot tubs. Also in this set, a dining room table for "just the two of us" allowing interactions from The Sims 2 allowing romance in the restaurants with anything from feeding a bite to engagements.

5. A Bathroom set with modern elements such as a walk-in rain shower. It would be perfect for Island Paradise resorts to really feel that you are on vacation.

6. A Kitchen set with double ovens intended for the home that you could cook two things at once (perfect for Thanksgiving or Snowflake Day feasts), over-the-range microwaves, new smoke alarms that can moved lower or higher, a Keurig-looking beverage maker or a tea kettle that can also make drinks from Festival stands and the University Coffeehouse so Sims can brew some tea at home when sick or have Hot Cocoa when Snowflake Day is near.

Some Odds & Ends:
    -Curved stair banisters
    -U-shaped stairs
    -Jazz or Big Band radio station

I know it may not all be actualized, but I wish that my Sims could lead lives of romance and fulfill their cuisine-oriented dreams of becoming a chef with a perfect kitchen and owning a bakery while in her spare time do yoga and walk her dog in a Sims-styled Central Park alongside the Horse-drawn carriages before returning home for a hot relaxing rain shower and a cuppa while she works on her poetry books... :-)

All of this, too please. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    EidkaEidka Posts: 175 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I think a Sewing machine could work in the same way the glass making set would work for jewelary. However it would have to be clothes for all/most ages. Say for example, You click the sewing machine and it shows you an option for each age group. And then another sextion that can make things like pillows or stuffed animals.
  • Options
    Kaitieee_macKaitieee_mac Posts: 508 Member
    edited February 2014
    I really miss Canning vegetables and fruits in the Sims. I would love strawberries, and useable pantries to store them.

Also being able to scramble eggs would be cool. And a kitchen with more cabinetry. I love kitchens.

More animal and pet related items.

I also REALLY just want more giant baths for master bathrooms, or different types of appliances kind of like the double oven.

Things that are more related to the architecture are my favorites from the Sims 2.

Also a zoo... I know that's ambitious but I wish sims could go on field trips with their at-home daycares.

Thank you for ASKING. I can't wait to see what everyone says. :D
  • Options
    Proverb87Proverb87 Posts: 4,658 Member
    edited February 2014
    Finish the Olde Town and 50s Diner sets that we received "Starter" sets for. I was hoping for the Olde Town build set with hanging ivy, iron columns and fences from Sims 1.

More of the 50s diner set would be nice, too.

It was kind of disheartening to see "Starter" sets that went nowhere.

I know you're not looking for premium content ideas, but any of the career rewards from Sims 2 would be nice. Most especially the obstacle course and candy making machines.
  • Options
    bnjbr5bnjbr5 Posts: 51 Member
    edited February 2014
    I just never get tired of more gym related stuff, or sports themed, as well as urban an trendy clothes!
  • Options
    tkbluebasketballtkbluebasketball Posts: 4,495 Member
    edited February 2014
    I would LOVE if you finished some of the sets more! Especially Russia!

I think it be nice to have some Chinese Culture except Chinese New Year.

I would love to have Middle Eastern set too, like their clothing and baazars etc.

I would love to see some items from previous sims come back. Closets, teleporters, helicopters, sewing machine, grand staircases etc.

I would like more Greek, Roman sets.

More Palace type of sets would be very nice, more chandeliers, paintings, furniture etc.

Also more Art would be appricated like more fancier scultupers and painting would be very awesome.

I want a WaterPark Venue badly! That would be very fun!!

Also I want a Hippy Clothing Set, tye dye shirts are a must!

Also great suggestions everybody!
  • Options
    daniandjamesdaniandjames Posts: 2 New Member
    edited February 2014
    It would be nice to have something like:
    - Mansion and Garden stuff from Sims 2 ( including the stairs!!)
    - More Luxurious and modern stuff
    - French Bakery
    - Clothing and shoes stuff pack (like H&M from sims 2)
    - Runway Fashion style and stage props
    - A cool luxurious mall

• Options
    GalenaSimsGalenaSims Posts: 12 New Member
    edited February 2014
    New England-themed furniture, especially kitchen or a lavish living room.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,873 Member
    edited February 2014
    jjaammiiee wrote:
    screenshot_26.jpg
    ^This particular set of stairs, such as those from Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff^

I want these stairs in the game now. I cannot tell you how much. I was thinking some curving Rotunda stairs but this would work as well. I really think Sims 3 would have done well with a Mansions and Gardens type SP
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    limegreenqueen101limegreenqueen101 Posts: 260 Member
    edited February 2014
    I would like to see a set geared toward elders. Specifically clothing that reflects the ones offered to young adults and adults. I hate that when sims grow up they can't keep their styles because elders' clothing is so limited. There are no offering of punk, modern, or even slightly seductive. So when my punk/rebel sim ages up, all of a sudden they are dressed all moderately and boring.
  • Options
    SimGuruCopelandSimGuruCopeland Posts: 741 Member
    edited February 2014
    I dont know what this means "object set (mimics)" ? Is that anything that is not premium as in functioning?

Hey KarilynMonroe2, what I mean by "object set (mimics)" is set that isn't specifically clothing or Premium Content. So "Steampunk Bathroom", "more garden stuff" or "Old Town Living Room" might be examples. Make sense?
  • Options
    uberNniferuberNnifer Posts: 97 Member
    edited February 2014
    i would love seeing,

Some genie inspired clothes and furniture?

Plant sim clothing set, they could benefit from that!

futuristic alien furniture and maybe clothes too? yes, yes, that would be awesome!

me and my friend have been talking about how cool it would be if there was an alien world on ts3 store. i love lunar lakes! it has inspired so many of the worlds I've made. also i could totally use the furniture from an alien world in my worlds. <3
  • Options
    Gamefreak130Gamefreak130 Posts: 29 Member
    edited February 2014
    I think more futuristic/ultra lounge-y stuff would be cool. Also more outdoor items such as lawn decorations and whatnot.
  • Options
    LadyAroraLadyArora Posts: 408 New Member
    edited February 2014
    World wise... I'm still waiting for my Tokyo city... :/ Tokyo tower please? XD OMG... I sooo want this before you guys stop doing store stuffs...

Sets... God... I would have to seriously think on that before everyone here has already mentioned stuff I would loooooove to have... a tea set would be nice, pillow seats where our sims sit on their knees would be great...

:/ But pleeease bring out an Tokyo city world. LOL I'm a huuuge fan of Asian themed stuff.

Steampunk, victorian... gosh, sewing would be great too... XD
  • Options
    kasarifickasarific Posts: 21 Member
    edited February 2014
    I would love to see:

1.More clothing for all age groups

2.Maternity wear for females

3.Traditional Japanese furniture,clothes,ect

4.Items for teens and children like toys,clothes,ect

• Options
    Lucygirl5Lucygirl5 Posts: 45 New Member
    edited February 2014
    TY for asking!! I have so many ideas so hopefully this post wont turn into a novel. I scanned over the other replies and would like to restate them and add a few of my own.

Babies/Toddlers:
    Maternity Clothing (not being able to choose isn't very fun)
    Twin/triplet strollers
    Toddler Beds (in/out by themselves, and allow parents to put them in/out)
    Baby/Toddler blanket/lovey to carry

Children:
    Sick (stay home from school, soup in bed, etc.)
    Nightmares (where they want to sleep with parents)

Teens:
    More clothing/hair (not many choices)
    Football/Cheerleading practice as well as uniforms/games

I usually play the role of stay at home mom/daycare etc. I would love more household chores. You can set it up like the laundry, if you buy the mop/broom/vacuum you have the option to use it. If you don't buy it, its not required.

I would love a bakery and/or candy shop. I LOVED having a bakery in sims 2 and usually went that route in open for business. As for the candy shop, you could make candy and sell it. Can you imagine children going inside and picking from dozens of bowls of candy? Too Cute!

Random things i'd like:
    *Yoga (allow pregnant sims/children/teens to use)
    *Sewing Machine (make dolls, blankets, toys, clothes, etc.)
    *Shelf/counter to hold items such as the ice cream maker, coffee maker, chocolate fountain, deep fryer. (I have idk how many counters just to hold all these items. If you could make it where 2 items could fit on one it would save space.
    *Rain shower (saw this as well as others on this list that seem amazing)
    *More options for the hospital (check ups, sickness, surgery, etc.)

As I stated previously these items/wish list is from the other posters and some of my ideas all mixed together :)
  • Options
    messerjaxonmesserjaxon Posts: 1 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I think a child/teen clothing set would be awesome, another thing that'd be cool to see would be some more modern kitchen items!