The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lets play: Build a houseboat!!

I will start :) Mine is just a small, asian themed houseboat. Post your houseboat designs, any theme, style or size. I know we don't have all the buidling options yet, but its something to dream about while we wait for Island Paradise!!

houseboat1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    edited May 2013
    This is a great idea! I can't wait to see what other people will build and I will build one to add to this thread!
    Sometimes it's fun to make do with what we have and get creative...your creation looks MonteVista inspired, nice job!
  • Options
    LisameesimsLisameesims Posts: 1,125 Member
    edited May 2013
    wickichick wrote:
    This is a great idea! I can't wait to see what other people will build and I will build one to add to this thread!
    Sometimes it's fun to make do with what we have and get creative...your creation looks MonteVista inspired, nice job!

Thanks! And yes, i think your right about the theme is more "MonteVista". Can't wait to see other players houseboats too!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm hoping we can place prebuilt houses on houseboat bases -- I want to snitch a couple of the pier houses from Lucky Palms. :mrgreen: And I think Graham said we can actually build a basement (more like a lower deck) so I'll definitely have one on my houseboat for extra space (would be cool if we can put windows in so Sims can look out on the marine life!)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    edited May 2013
    Fun thread idea Lisameesims, and I like your Asian houseboat :) Let me do my part to help out... While you won't be able to take a normal lot and drop it down onto a houseboat, if I share the houseboat sizes you'll at least get a head start on planning what you'll build when Island Paradise releases.

Here are the different sizes you'll get to work with... Remember, on a houseboat you'll be able to build walls all the way to the edge of the boat. If you want to be able to go fishing off your boat, you'll need to leave an open space somewhere along the edge of the hull that's at least 3 tiles long and 2 tiles deep.

Barge, Small - 10x8
    Barge, Medium - 15x10
    Barge, Large - 20x15
    Barge, Narrow - 14x6
    Curved Bow, Narrow - 14x6
    Curved Bow, Wide - 12x8

Get building! 8)
  • Options
    TheFairyBugTheFairyBug Posts: 2,925 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Fun thread idea Lisameesims, and I like your Asian houseboat :) Let me do my part to help out... While you won't be able to take a normal lot and drop it down onto a houseboat, if I share the houseboat sizes you'll at least get a head start on planning what you'll build when Island Paradise releases.
    Here are the different sizes you'll get to work with... Remember, on a houseboat you'll be able to build walls all the way to the edge of the boat. If you want to be able to go fishing off your boat, you'll need to leave an open space somewhere along the edge of the hull that's at least 3 tiles long and 2 tiles deep.
    Barge, Small - 10x8
    Barge, Medium - 15x10
    Barge, Large - 20x15
    Barge, Narrow - 14x6
    Curved Bow, Wide - 12x8
    Get building! 8)
    Thank you for the info! I can't wait to get to work -- though it'll have to be strictly graphpaper and whatnot until I get my compy working again.
  • Options
    twilight_aerithtwilight_aerith Posts: 653 Member
    edited May 2013
    I sometimes design houses with graph paper too! If I'm not home or can't use my game :) I'm really excited for house boats!

Lisameesims I think yours is really nice! Themed houseboats are a great idea!!!
    Origin ID: Samerella
  • Options
    timecatchertimecatcher Posts: 387 Member
    edited May 2013
    Nice idea for a thread! Don't know what I want my boat to be like... maybe Iron Man 3.. really modern hah a yacht style thing...
  • Options
    RockoutDarciRockoutDarci Posts: 3,092 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hmmm, if I did a houseboat. I think I'd want it to be in the style of a Monte Vista house. Oooh! Or maybe a floating castle!! My sea-witches would LOVE that one.

Great houseboat OP! I love the Asian influence, very elegant! :D
    Love Like A Snail: An Inter.s.e.x. Story.
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited May 2013

Barge, Small - 10x8
    Barge, Medium - 15x10
    Barge, Large - 20x15
    Barge, Narrow - 14x6
    Curved Bow, Wide - 12x8

Get building! 8)

Thanks for confirming the sizes. :D
  • Options
    RockoutDarciRockoutDarci Posts: 3,092 Member
    edited May 2013
    Ooh! Oooh! I just thought of a pirate themed Houseboat!! that would be LOADS of fun! I hope that we can put diving boards off of the back of the boats for a plank an let our sims dive into the sea!!

O_O 🐸🐸🐸🐸!! I MUST try that!! What if we can put a diving board off of the back of the boat and sims jump off of it into the ocean?!!

HOW FUN!!!!
    Love Like A Snail: An Inter.s.e.x. Story.
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,547 Member
    edited May 2013
    Done!
    Screenshot-3003.jpg

I had no idea I was building a houseboat when the store made Lucky Palms available.
    I hope I can place it, but it should be quick and easy to build from scratch if I have to.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    pr3ttygirlsw4ggpr3ttygirlsw4gg Posts: 435 New Member
    edited May 2013
    CK213 wrote:
    Done!
    Screenshot-3003.jpg

I had no idea I was building a houseboat when the store made Lucky Palms available.
    I hope I can place it, but it should be quick and easy to build from scratch if I have to.

Cute!
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited May 2013
    I like smaller lots ... looks like I need to concentrate on some Micro-mini floor plans.
    Love your Asian inspired design.
    @CK213 - The Lucky Palms pier lots were the first to come to mind when I heard we were going to have houseboats. Your version looks great. -EQ
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited May 2013
    This is a starter houseboat I came up, but it only shows the above ground rooms since building basements in normal foundations is restrictive. Hopefully houseboats don't have that restriction.

1.png

It's a starter one, so it's obviously cheap.
  • Options
    DaethaqtDaethaqt Posts: 760 Member
    edited May 2013
    Lets See

Screenshot-15-2.jpgScreenshot-12-2.jpgScreenshot-13-2.jpgScreenshot-16-2.jpg
  • Options
    Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited May 2013
    LifeGuard House Boat

To rescue those helpless Sims whom get left behind in the ocean :mrgreen:
    (This is only a prototype).In making this has driven my PEPS even higher :lol:

Screenshot-1050_zps19513121.jpg~original

Screenshot-1051_zps21b27add.jpg~original

Screenshot-1056_zpsb6e88503.jpg~original

Screenshot-1059_zps2af912e7.jpg~original

Screenshot-1060_zps0c54d73f.jpg~original

Screenshot-1061_zps61a88a78.jpg~original

Screenshot-1062_zps48f25b69.jpg~original

Screenshot-1066_zpsfdb7735f.jpg~original
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

• Options
    n00biityon00biityo Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited May 2013
    CK213 wrote:
    Done!
    *snip*

Is it in your studio? I'd love to have this one in my game.

ETA: nvm, I found it!
  • Options
    JCsS1MSJCsS1MS Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited May 2013
    @ CK213: Your creations are always amazing, very nice!

@ Dragon123561: NIICE, I hope once you've made that into a HB that you'll put it up on the exchange. Very nice!
  • Options
    xcutxandxpastex0xcutxandxpastex0 Posts: 76 Member
    edited May 2013

Barge, Small - 10x8
    Barge, Medium - 15x10
    Barge, Large - 20x15
    Barge, Narrow - 14x6
    Curved Bow, Wide - 12x8

Get building! 8)

0.o you look EXACTLY like your avatar... mine looks like my great aunt helen...

Back to the game hehe, I love this thread, it's really inventive and inspiring for those of us that get builders block... me
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,579 Member
    edited May 2013
    Barge, Small - 10x8
    Barge, Medium - 15x10
    Barge, Large - 20x15
    Barge, Narrow - 14x6
    Curved Bow, Wide - 12x8

Get building! 8)
    Oh YAY! We got some narrow boats :D THANKYOU :thumbup:

I love all the boats you peeps have built, they're awesome. Some great ideas coming out already.
  • Options
    elsievdmelsievdm Posts: 588 Member
    edited May 2013

That's cool idea, I have only the base game in prep. for IP- don't want too much stuff in the game, causes it to lagg too much, so I'll try to build one tomorrow...you've really inspired me now..lol

Have a great day All.. :lol:
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited May 2013
    I haven't got a name for this one yet,I'm, still working on it, here goes:

5n413.png
    4qt0o.png
    34f1t9j.png
    3wyfm.png
    2zxvaj6.png

and this one doesn't have a name either, but it's still in the works:

1zlawkw.png
    befy1z.png
    2h2p4hs.png

cheers! :)
  • Options
    DART104DART104 Posts: 414 Member
    edited May 2013
    OMG!!! Please pass me a towel, looking at these BEAUTIFUL builds is making me drool even more than normal! lol

Fantastic job everyone! I'm loving looking at this thread!
  • Options
    DART104DART104 Posts: 414 Member
    edited May 2013
    CK213 wrote:
    Done!
    Screenshot-3003.jpg

***Wishing you would post more pics!*** hint,hint. :D
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited May 2013
    Forget about building my own houseboat.

I am going to HUNT down some simmers houseboats :P :lol::mrgreen: . I already had some ideas whose houseboats that I am going to "pick" from their studios 8) 8) .