The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA has won the WORST COMPANY for customer service two years in a row

Comments

• Options
    belarebelare Posts: 60 Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree with GoommeInc and Pary. Consumers have the right to demand for a working product. One of the main reason EA and MAXIS fail to fix the glitches and bugs is because they take advantage of the high fan base who purchase the products, expecting to get a new patch before next EP. I love the Sims, but I cannot be blindsided to EA's flaws and shortcomings because by doing so I am not only promoting business malpractice, but the right of any corporation to rip us off.
  • Options
    KhasilooluvKhasilooluv Posts: 527 Member
    edited May 2013
    Cali3234 wrote:
    this rant is rude and boring....

This x 10

OP, don't like the company, don't play the games.
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited May 2013
    I guess I lack insight in the EA hate because I don't hate them. I don't feel used and my game works fine. Everything isn't perfect and I have to use mods although I would use mods anyways. I spend too much money, but I will always posses the things I buy unlike Social games that bleed you for things that are temporary. I sympathize for Mac players. It really isn't made for you and it says it is and I can see why you would be mad. That is the exact reason I would never own a Mac.

Ah, your comment about Mac reminded me of my respond to my friends. :-) .

They are Apple's fans. They like Iphone, Ipad and prefer Mac than PC. One day they asked me "Why don't you buy Mac ? Why did you buy PC ? Mac is cool". And I told them "Because Mac is not made for my game (The Sims) :wink: ".

They are literally rolling their eyes hearing my answer :P :lol::mrgreen: .
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited May 2013
    Starrfoxx wrote:
    Yes, they did say it was an offline, single player experience. What they did NOT say was how this game will be distributed. They have stated in the past that they will be moving to more and more digital distribution via Origin. So, there is a good chance that Sims 4 will require Origin in order to play. You may be required to go online to "authenticate" your game first before being allowed to play offline (Steam anyone?)

Of course you will need Origin. You already do if you buy the Sims 3 base game that's in Stores now. No more optional Origin.

Question is, will it be digital only or will they bother to make a disc for us ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited May 2013
    -sneaks in and just loled at the posters, but not the OP-

And this is why EA gets away with broken games and treating their customers like creatures under a rock.

Now this is just the forums..so it is NOT the whole customer view on EA. With that said. Being voted the worst company two years running and the BBB doesn't back them anymore says a lot about OUTSIDE of this websites community.

They sell lots of Sims games because of customers wanting that kind of game and there is no other gaming company doing an alternative. They put up with the lack luster, bugs, glitches, and etc..because there is no choice if you are a gamer that loves this type of game. Yes, other games have issues, but at least they value their customers and try to fix it or just tell them straight out they can't. Gamer here...I know many companies that do value me as a customer. Listen to what I say even if I am not the majority..my money matters to them and if I stop my little money they send me an email and honestly want to know why.

That is what really matters in my opinion. A company that cares if I stop buying from them, what my opinion is about their product/products. Even if I am not the whole billion customers but just a single one.

And to be honest with myself EA is the only company that does put out broken products and doesn't always fix their broken products.

They are a big company because they sell games no other company has. If they had a good competition they would be in trouble.

• Options
    GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited May 2013
    Don't bother replying cause I'm done with this conversation.
    I find it funny when people say this. You're essentially admitting you are wrong. How dare you tell me when you're "done" with this conversation. It is not done until both people say it is or it fizzles out.

If EA keep releasing unfinished EPs, dodgy patches, they will always be the one in the wrong. EA are feeding off the naivety of customers who are passionate about the franchise but are continuously let down by EAs own lack of passon for the franchise. It's a love-hate relationship.

It's a sad time for the gaming industry when a company takes over franchises purely for profit and not to create world class games for everyone. Since EA care very little in what their customers say or do, EA are the epitome of bad gaming companies. Forking the blame on the customer is silly and condoning EA is absurd - it's probably why you want this conversation ended because you know you are wrong, and like EA (who must be a role model for you), you want it swept under the carpet.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Don't bother replying cause I'm done with this conversation.
    For some reason my post was removed (it didn't break any rules so I'll write it out again).

It's funny how you say this conversation is done with when it isn't. If anything you're admitting you are wrong.

EA have that title for a reason - they are incredibly bad at at customer service and The Sims 3 and SimCity are evidence of this. Dodgy bugs, game crippling updates, lack of compassion... this take on customer service is evident in their games as well. Compared to The Sims 2, the Sims 3 lacks in so many features it's unbearable to play.

EA shouldn't release The Sims 4 until they sort themselves out. These forums could do with a severe overhaul - jforums are dreadful and featureless, and incredibly buggy. Then they can do away with the huge focus on Store Content, just add it to EPs and SPs - people love games that are worth their money and exceed expectations, and Store Content is way too expensive to be realistically worth it, especially if The Sims 4 is rumoured to come out next year.

Hopefully The Sims 4 focuses on the main thing that made The Sims franchise great, and that's simulation.
  • Options
    Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited May 2013
    This thread...... no.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    This thread...... no.
    You're hardly contributing... Why do you disagree? It would be interesting to know :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    GommeInc wrote:
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    This thread...... no.
    You're hardly contributing... Why do you disagree? It would be interesting to know :)
    I did on first page, but if I went on to explain it further on, my post would probably end up being rude and mean, so I won't do that.

My thoughts on this thread are pretty negative to the extremes. I find it disrespectful and ungrateful, that's all. Not going to go into explaining why or how because I hate drama.
  • Options
    DaveliciousDavelicious Posts: 575 New Member
    edited May 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    Question is, will it be digital only or will they bother to make a disc for us ?
    Hmm, who knows. They might really want that third trophy.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    GommeInc wrote:
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    This thread...... no.
    I did on first page, but if I went on to explain it further on, my post would probably end up being rude and mean, so I won't do that.

My thoughts on this thread are pretty negative to the extremes. I find it disrespectful and ungrateful, that's all. Not going to go into explaining why or how because I hate drama.
    They wouldn't of got this title for no reason. EA objectively have a poor customer service record. It's not disrespectful for people to complain either, as they have a very good reason to. It's disrespectful of EA to release a game that simply does not work for those who bought it - particularly Mac users. If you create a game and sell it to Mac users, the very least it should do is work and be supported.

Personally, it would be better if these people just returned their games, because it would send a message to EA that they're failing. It worked well with SimCity when people threatened to return their games and many in the UK and Australia did, and EA were not happy about that at all.

The way they handled the game patch a few years ago which stopped the game working was poorly handled too. The lack of remorse was very disrespectful, to the extreme they started blaming their customers and their computers, when real programmers will make games that can work on any type of PC/Mac. Indie developers can do it, but for some reason EA can't.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited May 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    Not going to go into explaining why or how because I hate drama.

And yet you're in the thread again, with a clearly useless post that contributed nothing to the discussion.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Pary wrote:
    Urosh1994 wrote:

And yet you're in the thread again, with a clearly useless post that contributed nothing to the discussion.

Me being in a thread has nothing to do with such statement :lol: I'm browsing all threads and reading them, but making selections where and what to post. I never claimed I contribute something to the discussion because I think this discussion is pointless, especially in a section for TS4 which has nothing to do with that article, post or 'award'.

Was that constructive enough?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    Pary wrote:
    Urosh1994 wrote:

Me being in a thread has nothing to do with such statement :lol: I'm browsing all threads and reading them, but making selections where and what to post. I never claimed I contribute something to the discussion because I think this discussion is pointless, especially in a section for TS4 which has nothing to do with that article, post or 'award'.

But it has a lot to do with the award! The company that won the award is creating a new game, and the predecessor is partly the reason the company won that award. This game might make or break EAs reputation if they do away with the way they operate, and become more community focused, rather than profit driven.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You claim to hate drama, yet you make a post in what has the potential to become a dramatic thread, that says nothing, and could easily be misconstrued as an inflammatory remark, or an attempt to inflame.

Just because YOU find the discussion pointless, doesn't mean other people do.
    Again, I repeat, if you hate drama, and you find the discussion pointless, why are you even posting in the topic?
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    n00biityon00biityo Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited May 2013
    I find these kind of threads hilarious. All they did was say they are putting fans first and all of a sudden they are working hard to please us. They didn't show us nothing yet. Reserve your judgement until there's something substantial.

Let's face it, their track record isn't good. It's natural for people to receive anything they say with a huge dose of scepticism and cynicism. They've been saying they listen to us and they value fans all through the ********* that was TS3.

Keep that in the back of your minds as we're getting more info on TS4. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Pary wrote:
    You claim to hate drama, yet you make a post in what has the potential to become a dramatic thread, that says nothing, and could easily be misconstrued as an inflammatory remark, or an attempt to inflame.

Just because YOU find the discussion pointless, doesn't mean other people do.
    Again, I repeat, if you hate drama, and you find the discussion pointless, why are you even posting in the topic?

Well I could really just start ignoring posts which quote me / are directed at me, but it'd be rather rude. :| So yeah.. if I'm quoted, replied to or mentioned, I'll reply. It's as simple as that to me.

I was asked why I didn't contribute to the thread, I said my post is on the first page and I'd rather not go into details about why I think so because I figured it'd come off as rude or mean. And I'm not exactly completely clever with words, especially in such situations, as English is not my first language.

Trust me, Pary, I know exactly why I post something and I know exactly when not to post certain other things. ;)
    GommeInc wrote:
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    Pary wrote:
    Urosh1994 wrote:

But it has a lot to do with the award! The company that won the award is creating a new game, and the predecessor is partly the reason the company won that award. This game might make or break EAs reputation if they do away with the way they operate, and become more community focused, rather than profit driven.

To me, TS4 has nothing to do with such an award, vice versa. TS4 has started better than TS3 and the fact that Maxis has already announced tons of times game is offline means they understand frustration that came with SimCity's always online requirement. :)

Also, TS4 might be something that will redeem EA in eyes of Simmers. So to look at it as another black sheep is bad as it could be completely opposite. So far, with just this announcement and that conference call, I'm more optimistic about TS4 than I've ever been about TS3.

Hopefully that post will do the trick :lol:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    n00biityo wrote:
    I find these kind of threads hilarious. All they did was say they are putting fans first and all of a sudden they are working hard to please us. They didn't show us nothing yet. Reserve your judgement until there's something substantial.

Let's face it, their track record isn't good. It's natural for people to receive anything they say with a huge dose of scepticism and cynicism. They've been saying they listen to us and they value fans all through the ********* that was TS3.

Keep that in the back of your minds as we're getting more info on TS4. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.
    A good philosophy to live by. There is no harm in patience - wait until the game is out for the reviewers to criticise. Buying the game right out is absurd, teetering on the insane if you're only getting it because of the name.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    Well I could really just start ignoring posts which quote me / are directed at me, but it'd be rather rude. :| So yeah.. if I'm quoted, replied to or mentioned, I'll reply. It's as simple as that to me.

Right well no doubt you'll be wanting to reply to this one then too.
    Your post you mention is not the one I was referring to. It was this one
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    This thread...... no.

That kind of empty, useless remark isn't needed in a thread such as this.

If you know exactly why you post something, and exactly when not to post certain things, then you should have known that this kind of comment wouldn't at all be helpful.
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    JCSim13JCSim13 Posts: 5,644 Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree that EA needs to stop trying to leech money off of people and fix their games. I've known so many people who have called customer service and had the phone put down while in the middle of speaking because frankly they don't care. I own one of the best gaming computers and the game still stuffs up my computer, so Ive stopped playing the game. Ea seems to trap people in a web of addiction to the Sims before then release horrible games which you have to buy the next expansion pack and stuff pack of just to have every game.
    I actually laughed when I read Ea is now releasing Sims 4 and I will NOT be buying it. From what Ive seen, they could put most of those features in Sims 4 into Sims 3 with a few updates...
  • Options
    Daboogadie2Daboogadie2 Posts: 352 Member
    edited May 2013
    JCSim13 wrote:
    I agree that EA needs to stop trying to leech money off of people and fix their games. I've known so many people who have called customer service and had the phone put down while in the middle of speaking because frankly they don't care. I own one of the best gaming computers and the game still stuffs up my computer, so Ive stopped playing the game. Ea seems to trap people in a web of addiction to the Sims before then release horrible games which you have to buy the next expansion pack and stuff pack of just to have every game.
    I actually laughed when I read Ea is now releasing Sims 4 and I will NOT be buying it. From what Ive seen, they could put most of those features in Sims 4 into Sims 3 with a few updates...
    So, what have you seen that nobody else has?
  • Options
    JCSim13JCSim13 Posts: 5,644 Member
    edited May 2013
    JCSim13 wrote:
    So, what have you seen that nobody else has?
    As much as you have.
  • Options
    n00biityon00biityo Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited May 2013
    GommeInc wrote:
    *snip*
    A good philosophy to live by. There is no harm in patience - wait until the game is out for the reviewers to criticise. Buying the game right out is absurd, teetering on the insane if you're only getting it because of the name.

Exactly! I remember how excited I was about TS3 and I pre-ordered it immediately. I also remember how disappointed I was when I got it, despite of the open world and Create-a-Style features. I remember keeping on hoping the game will be patched and that EPs will ship with more content. Then I got disillusioned and quit buying the EPs. That lasted until Pets was announced.

The cycle then started all over with me thinking they will fix the bugs and EPs will improve. I'm tired of hoping and trusting EA and getting disappointed. I also was horrified at how they handled the Simcity 5/2013 fiasco. How they blatantly lied then have employees join forums pretending to be regular users to say good stuff about the game while censoring people on their own forums.

And just when you thought they couldn't sink any lower they lied again by cowardly saying that the only reason they got the *** award is because of an anti-gay campaign people launched against the company. They seriously will have to show with their actions that they truly listen to the fans and that they value us. Until then, I'll just take everything they say with a teeny, tiny, grain of salt.
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited May 2013
    GommeInc wrote:

Then probably I am an insane who don't rely on others to review the game that I like :lol: . I am the one who is going to review my game. Each individual has their own preferences. The way we play is also different. I like certain aspects in the game that others don't, and other like certain aspects in the game that I don't. So how am I going to wait for others to review my game if the way they play the game is totally different with the way I play my game ? They probably give the review 1 out of 10, but in my eyes, it may be 8 out of 10 :-o .

I thank EA when it's due. I condemn EA when it's due. I may be mad with EA today, but I may be a happy camper tomorrow :lol: .

I am sorry to hear about all your problems with TS3. Since I don't have the same problems, I can't say I agree with you.