Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Choose your babies sex by eating Strawberries or Carrots

mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
I was wanting my sim to have a baby girl but did not have any Strawberries, so I thought of making this room for the future, it has both Strawberries and also Carrots if you want a boy. Happy simming <3

Not really a collection room, but one I needed today so I thought to share it for others that might need it ;)
Strawberries and Carrots room :D

JmUcLpx.png

ps. It gives 40 of each with one harvest ;)

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    For a girl, you can also have your pregnant Sim listen to Pop music, and for a Boy, Alternative music.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I thought some of the earliest patch notes mentioned patching the sex influencing mechanics for babies out?

I also thought the music had been a Sims 3 exclusive, since I remembered looking for it when the base game launched.
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Patch notes for Update: 05/04/2015 – PC Version 1.6.69.1020 / Mac Version 1.6.69.1220:

"Sims can now influence the gender of their offspring!
    Strawberries and Pop music (one, the other, or both) seem to lead to more baby girls.
    Carrots and Alternative music to more baby boys."

From here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/832123/may-4-patch-notes
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I has not been patched out.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    So great that you did a room. I might add if you have City Living there are usually stalls that sell most types of produce. It's good for when you have a bit of money on hand and one of your preferred harvestables is out of season of you have Seasons.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    That is good to know. I remember trying to experiment with similar mechanics in the beginning because I was testing for Sims 3 esque mechanics, but it has been so long that I have never looked again beyond seeing pieces of the patch notes.
  • Options
    For a girl, you can also have your pregnant Sim listen to Pop music, and for a Boy, Alternative music.

I have tried that before but still included the strawberries and carrots as back up, might try it one day without them if I am not too bothered about the sex.
    Calico45 wrote: »
    I thought some of the earliest patch notes mentioned patching the sex influencing mechanics for babies out?

I also thought the music had been a Sims 3 exclusive, since I remembered looking for it when the base game launched.

The update actually gave us the option, people were asking for it ;)
    Patch notes for Update: 05/04/2015 – PC Version 1.6.69.1020 / Mac Version 1.6.69.1220:

"Sims can now influence the gender of their offspring!
    Strawberries and Pop music (one, the other, or both) seem to lead to more baby girls.
    Carrots and Alternative music to more baby boys."

From here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/832123/may-4-patch-notes

Yip that is it. I was so happy when it was added :)
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I has not been patched out.

Nope I just did it yesterday when I made the room, it definitely still works :)
    Bobisbae wrote: »
    So great that you did a room. I might add if you have City Living there are usually stalls that sell most types of produce. It's good for when you have a bit of money on hand and one of your preferred harvestables is out of season of you have Seasons.

Thanks for the tip, I keep on forgetting about the City living stalls LOL
    That is good to know. I remember trying to experiment with similar mechanics in the beginning because I was testing for Sims 3 esque mechanics, but it has been so long that I have never looked again beyond seeing pieces of the patch notes.

It does come in handy if you want to manipulate the sex of a baby. I needed a boy and a girl to use for testing my baby outfits, but my sims had no harvests, so I used some of my previous rooms to make the one above up, now its saved and easier for a next time ;)
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited January 2021
    I've tested it. It doesn't always work. I would guess a 75% chance of one you're aiming for and a 25% chance of the other with both the strawberries/carrots and listening to pop/alternative. Probably would have to stay on the same lot for the entire pregnancy doing one and/or the other method for a higher chance. That means no other food and don't leave the room with the music for the entire pregnancy. So no going to work either. ;)
    Saving the game and loading later, changing characters, or leaving the lot etc... would reset it.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    I have had a lot of success with it. I have my sim only eat whatever the strawberries or carrots for their whole pregnancy and even more than hunger requires in the third trimester and I have been successful every time, guess I am just lucky ;)
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Amazing, thank you! I always have to google which one is for what gender. Never agaim, the colours speak for themselves. Thank you so so so much!!!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I'm so tired of constantly listening to alternative music! I wish they would connect boys with baroque 😌
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Awe..., I love your room mcrudd, so cute. :)
  • Options
    Amazing, thank you! I always have to google which one is for what gender. Never agaim, the colours speak for themselves. Thank you so so so much!!!

Diddo :D That is exactly why I used the blue and pink wallpaper too LOL

I'm so tired of constantly listening to alternative music! I wish they would connect boys with baroque 😌

LOL, why not eat the strawberries and carrots instead hahahahaha
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Awe..., I love your room mcrudd, so cute. :)

Thanks so much <3
  • Options
    AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnW9f-tRwN8
    Simaster Carl knows EveryThing... Oh Hail Simaster Carl
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Options
    Ancaryvan wrote: »
    Simaster Carl knows EveryThing... Oh Hail Simaster Carl

I do agree <3 I used only Carl's guides for Sims 3 World adventures, they were my go to :)

• Options
    smilepandasmilepanda Posts: 101 Member
    For this, do you have to eat the type of food or listen to the music before taking the pregnancy test?
  • Options
    carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited February 2021
    I´m not sure if the pregnancy test affect anything. This is how I do it 1. “try for a baby…”, 2. “take pregnancy” (to find out if you got pregnant) and then 3. force the poor sim to eat 10-20 strawberries/carrots in a row. Then I just play like normal, it works every time. 😊
    Post edited by carpe_diem on
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited January 2021
    I once read on here a long while back that watching the kids channel increased the chance of twins, as did woo-hooing more than once in the first trimester. Does anyone know if any of that is true? Also I love the room!
  • Options
    SepiaSepia Posts: 101 Member
    Cool! I’ll definitely try this for my Sim’s next pregnancy. We’re shooting for a boy, so I need to stock up on carrots now.
  • Options
    smilepanda wrote: »
    For this, do you have to eat the type of food or listen to the music before taking the pregnancy test?

Hi, I do it after taking the pregnancy test or after getting the message my sim is pregnant. Once I only decided to start eating the fruits when I had the moodlet saying giving birth in ... and it still worked, I did force feed her like 40 carrots.
    I once read on here a long while back that watching the kids channel increased the chance of twins, as did woo-hooing more than once in the first trimester. Does anyone know if any of that is true? Also I love the room!

I am not too sure about the twins thing by watching kids channel, I think that was sims 3. I do know there is a fertility aspiration reward that works and also if you have spa day then if you have a fertility massage before trying for baby it also helps ;)
    Sepia wrote: »
    Cool! I’ll definitely try this for my Sim’s next pregnancy. We’re shooting for a boy, so I need to stock up on carrots now.

Mine in my room above is of perfect quality and the crunchiest around LOL ;) Good luck on getting that little boy <3
  • Options
    Hi simmers, I just made this room for myself, gonna try and have some triplets LOL. I thought I would share it with you too if you want to try and have twins or triplets ;)
    Elexir of fertility
    Nto4G9q.png

Oops spelled elixir wrong in upload, sorry about that ;)
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member

Nope - it's still absolutely in effect. I use it routinely and reliably.
  • Options
    Sindocat wrote: »

Nope - it's still absolutely in effect. I use it routinely and reliably.

I agree and so far it has worked for me 100 percent every time, I have never had it not work. ;)

• Options
    GoldenWings16GoldenWings16 Posts: 41 Member
    @mcrudd

Does the Elixir of Fertility stack up with On Ley Line lot trait?
  • Options
    @mcrudd

Does the Elixir of Fertility stack up with On Ley Line lot trait?

I am not sure sorry. But what I will do is quickly start a new game with a mom and dad, just have them drink the elixir before woohoo and see what happens, with no lot traits to influence it or massages or anything. Just the fertility elixir. Will pop back with the results for you soon :) I did notice when using it there is no moodlet, which is a bit strange, but then again I was trying for triplets so went all out, with massages and traits too LOL. Anyways let me load my game and check this for you :)