Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    no cemetarys thats good news to me as a player of the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2021
    Did You Know?
    There is a new recipe. The new recipe is Ecto Cake. SimsCommunity mentioned it. It can also be found in Debug.

There is a hand that you can both disable Gintry and Make the Game more difficult. If you click on the latter the hauntings increase. Your house becomes more haunted.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Did you know children can learn the Medium skill. Ironic that the medium skill is a minor skill used to play large in your game. :D
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Not exactly about the pack but the patch before it. Candles now have a new option: Set flickering on or off. My vampires now have a delightfully atmospheric candle lit house :)
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited January 2021
    There are plenty of Gravestone decos. I feel like if you pop the Haunted Lot Trait down, and the Spooky Trait for a chance at Ghosts at night, you can build something that will feel like a Cemetery. It's Sims 4, and it's going to be different from Sims 3 lots anyway.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    did you know the default name of the specters are the names of the Specters household from the sims 2?
    Olive Specter, Ophelia Specter and Olive's deceased husband Ichabod Specter!
    50864929821_e01766bdc3_n.jpg
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    bella_goth wrote: »
    did you know the default name of the specters are the names of the Specters household from the sims 2?

Did you notice that none of the gurus knew that?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited January 2021
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    bella_goth wrote: »

Did you notice that none of the gurus knew that?

not all. the responsible of naming these specters knew very well lol after all there are a few ts2 developers still on Maxis. but i did notice how the gurus on the livestream and the lady commenting had no idea and she mentioned Ichabod from Sleepy Hollow instead.
    i thought she was joking,
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited January 2021
    CelSims wrote: »
    Not exactly about the pack but the patch before it. Candles now have a new option: Set flickering on or off. My vampires now have a delightfully atmospheric candle lit house :)

Did this came with the patch? So cool. As soon as i can play i'll be adjusting all my candles :)
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

Did this came with the patch? So cool. As soon as i can play i'll be adjusting all my candles :)

Came with the patch! Unfortunately the flickering isnt permanent, or isnt in my save.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,581 Member
    edited January 2021
    telmarina wrote: »

Came with the patch! Unfortunately the flickering isnt permanent, or isnt in my save.

Wow, I missed that one. Thanks. I am bothered by the fact that in Paranormal, the Sacred Candles have black flames. That's Satanic in origin. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Other things in that pack are of that origin. Séance table for one. Like you, am bothered by those flames, and the others.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited January 2021
    Gettin' this thread back on track, did you know the lights can go out and stay out for a few sim hours.

Thought that was pretty cool when I saw that. Definitely renders some inconvenience for sims since they can't use any electronics at all.

The specters are definitely little losers.(I changed this due to a word being disallowed).
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    edited January 2021
    Sorry that I can not bring anything but a question to this thread, but I guess the answer might be welcomed by others than me.

Do anyone know if any of the new paranormal content can be used on regular lots or only on residential lots with the new haunted house trait? I wonder about the seance table in particular, it would be cool to use it as a consultant service even if my sim doesn't reside a haunted house and can't summon those spirits. I reckon some functionality will be restricted to haunted houses, but I wish there would at least be a couple interactions working elsewhere, making it worth sitting down. Assuming a sim can have the new career without actually living on a haunted lot... (home office, anyone?)

I would also like to know whether sims buried on the lot can be summoned. That would make sense if we could.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Sorry that I can not bring anything but a question to this thread, but I guess the answer might be welcomed by others than me.

Do anyone know if any of the new paranormal content can be used on regular lots or only on residential lots with the new haunted house trait? I wonder about the seance table in particular, it would be cool to use it as a consultant service even if my sim doesn't reside a haunted house and can't summon those spirits. I reckon some functionality will be restricted to haunted houses, but I wish there would at least be a couple interactions working elsewhere, making it worth sitting down. Assuming a sim can have the new career without actually living on a haunted lot... (home office, anyone?)

I would also like to know whether sims buried on the lot can be summoned. That would make sense if we could.

You can use the table and the seance circle on any lot. anywhere.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited January 2021
    If you listen you'll hear all sorts of creepy sounds in your sims home. I had the misfortune of having to hear a baby's cry echo throughout the house after communing with the spirits after one said 'Wouldn't it be fun if something terrible happened tonight?'

Not cool. D:
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    If you listen you'll hear all sorts of creepy sounds in your sims home. I had the misfortune of having to hear a baby's cry echo throughout the house after communing with the spirits after one said 'Wouldn't it be fun if something terrible happened tonight?'

Not cool. D:

I heard thumping after my Sim contacted a spirit. I admit it kinda scared me :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    So I haven’t been keeping up to date with the info in the pack...are there really coffins in the pack or is that a mod or the vampires coffin bed thing?
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Toddlers can interact with the specters, too. At the very least, they can babble to them, and they seem to listen.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »

Not cool. D:

i had this haha

i love the flashing lights too... feels like sims1

--T
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    So is this because of Paranormal because when I went to my sim house where the parents were already dead their urns were on the lot and I never played that house when they both died. I was playing another house.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641