Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey To Batuu Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Has anyone made Chewie now that we got Werewolves?

Such a great idea!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Has anyone made Chewie now that we got Werewolves?

I would rather make the entire Galactic Empire and Rebel Alliance return, and watch a fight in the background.

I can't promise I won't switch a lightsaber on and engage, tho. Wondering if they could have us revisit iconic moments in the movies, like the last fight between a Sith and Jedi, or R2 rescuing the alliance?
  • Options
    RyublueRyublue Posts: 30 Member
    Thanks to all of you, I know where I'll end my little accidental legacy family - the last wolf I play I'll have move right on back where the fam originated, my Star Wars "world" (Oasis Springs of course), to meet her two jedi ancestors. This family have been all over the map before then though, sheesh.
    Oooh, but I would love to create a Chewie and a Krrsantan. If anyone does create a "wolf wookie", would you share a pic of them? Just to see the awesomeness. :D
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    "Listen, if I run your ID and it comes back that you've lied to me....OooH! I don't even want to say what'll happen next"

Kerrigan is a true First Order jerk!

u16Lk3c.png
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,845 Member
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    "Listen, if I run your ID and it comes back that you've lied to me....OooH! I don't even want to say what'll happen next"

u16Lk3c.png

As much as I love Kerrigan, she doesn't want to cross Resistance Lib. Lib will chose peace first but if it has to be confrontation, I'm putting my money on Lib every time. This screenshot was taken while Lib was learning how to wield a lightsaber, she knows far more now.😉

VGYsY7e.png?1
  • Options

u16Lk3c.png

As much as I love Kerrigan, she doesn't want to cross Resistance Lib. Lib will chose peace first but if it has to be confrontation, I'm putting my money on Lib every time. This screenshot was taken while Lib was learning how to wield a lightsaber, she knows far more now.😉

VGYsY7e.png?1

The funniest thing that's happened in a save with First Order Kerrigan is she recruited her whole household into the First Order so they'd stand around guarding the living room with blasters in between normal household stuff.
  • Options

u16Lk3c.png

VGYsY7e.png?1

The funniest thing that's happened in a save with First Order Kerrigan is she recruited her whole household into the First Order so they'd stand around guarding the living room with blasters in between normal household stuff.

I can just imagine the look on the first burglar's face when he or she breaks into Resistance Liberty's house and she pulls out the lightsaber.🤣
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited August 2022
    A high school using JTB stuff would be amazing. who's willing to take on that build so i can add it to my game! <3
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    I don't own this pack, but I must say I love watching your pictures from Batuu! The motifs, graphics and the vibe are all so cool!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    A high school using JTB stuff would be amazing. who's willing to take on that build so i can add it to my game! <3

That is an awesome idea! It's funny how High School Years snapped me into mundane normal simming mode and I've been decking school out like real high schools. Batuu High would be the best thing ever!
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Ohhh…. this sounds amazing! A mod to place it on a big lot in Oasis Springs and it would be a great SW-school.
  • Options

Ohhh…. this sounds amazing! A mod to place it on a big lot in Oasis Springs and it would be a great SW-school.

A Jedi Academy perhaps?
    If only. I'd definitely rip out the insides of my Jedi Temple and remake that into a school if I had the expansion and we had that lot option.
    ...but then I'd also want to pick what sims I wanted to be principal (ooh, my kava-grandma as the principal? XD), the teachers and the janitor, I guess.
  • Options
    Ryublue wrote: »

A Jedi Academy perhaps?
    If only. I'd definitely rip out the insides of my Jedi Temple and remake that into a school if I had the expansion and we had that lot option.
    ...but then I'd also want to pick what sims I wanted to be principal (ooh, my kava-grandma as the principal? XD), the teachers and the janitor, I guess.

Hmm…, and the cheerleading uniforms would have to be modded away.

Sigh… that is one of the limitations of the High School-pack, it is not so easy for me to play around and make it into anything I want that suits that current story.

But yes, I will pretend that cheer can be modded away. Making your own teachers would be great!! There would be a save with a Star Wars school, a save with school for spellcasters and so forth.

The Star Wars school would so get a room for robotics. Rooms for sparring, meditation. Gardening and collecting water.

Hmm… a complex underground with tunnels? I am crap at those builds. It is fun to just daydream about it at least.
  • Options
    Greetings from Batuu

SeLxwg1.png?1

A Jedi Academy perhaps?

Sigh… that is one of the limitations of the High School-pack, it is not so easy for me to play around and make it into anything I want that suits that current story.

But yes, I will pretend that cheer can be modded away. Making your own teachers would be great!! There would be a save with a Star Wars school, a save with school for spellcasters and so forth.

The Star Wars school would so get a room for robotics. Rooms for sparring, meditation. Gardening and collecting water.

Hmm… a complex underground with tunnels? I am crap at those builds. It is fun to just daydream about it at least.

I'm looking for a challenge. Would you guys like that on the active lot in Copperdale, or would you like something on a regular lot? I agree with @SilentKitty Oasis Springs would make a good stand in.

I don't make any guarantees that it will be any good, but I'm willing to give it a try at least.😁

• Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Greetings from Batuu

SeLxwg1.png?1

A Jedi Academy perhaps?

I'm looking for a challenge. Would you guys like that on the active lot in Copperdale, or would you like something on a regular lot? I agree with @SilentKitty Oasis Springs would make a good stand in.

I don't make any guarantees that it will be any good, but I'm willing to give it a try at least.😁

I personally want this build as a high school. We can adjust/edit if need be. But please take on the challenge! lol <3

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    I personally want this build as a high school. We can adjust/edit if need be. But please take on the challenge! lol <3

I'll give it a try. I was just looking around in debug to see what I have to work with and the high school lot, or another 50x50 or 64x64 would work best. Some of the objects I found almost take up a whole 30x20 lot by themselves.😲
  • Options

I don't have the High School-pack but I would love to see any pic and read about it here!

Anything with Batuu get me into new stories, this could be awesome. I can be here and cheer people on :)
  • Options
    I have been getting a feel for what the limitations are going to be, especially for circular buildings and roofs. Trying to copy what they did in JtB isn't going to be possible. I can't make truly circular buildings large enough to really put much in them. Roofs are a problem. They're tricky because for one thing there are no JtB patterns. It's all shingles, glass, and some corrugated metal that might work. The other problem is getting a roof color that matches the exterior walls.

Since I can't do the circular buildings like on Batuu I thought I could copy the buildings from Mos Eisley, but roofs are a problem again. The domes like you see there aren't the problem even though the color match issue is still there. The problem is the rounded corners where the wall meets the roof, I can't figure out how to round them off.

I still have a few things I want to look before I go to plan B. Plan B is placing some shell buildings from JtB above ground and then build the majority of the school underground. Being underground with no windows isn't as immersion breaking as it would be normally.
  • Options
    I'm just doing it slow. I've replaced the faculty lounge with the computer lab and made it batuu inspired. I'm working on Classroom 2 now.

pbdRaOH.png
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I don't have the High School-pack but I would love to see any pic and read about it here!

Anything with Batuu get me into new stories, this could be awesome. I can be here and cheer people on :)

Same here! (though maybe one day I'll get the high school pack, it kind of looks fun) XD

Oh and Kerrigan, that computer room looks great! If the students misbehave though, the principal will open the hatch and feed them to the rancor. (that rug ;)
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited August 2022
    I'm just doing it slow. I've replaced the faculty lounge with the computer lab and made it batuu inspired. I'm working on Classroom 2 now.

pbdRaOH.png

Love the computer room. 😊

Sadly I disabled Batuu to fit in High School 😭.

I’ll have to wait until the next pack reshuffle.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    I've been experimenting with different options. The curved wall feature doesn't work well with this sort of build and the JtB shells have their limitations. Here's what I've come up with so far. This is just a test build to see what works best, this isn't the real build. Sorry for the cloudy weather and dark pictures. It looked brighter in game. I'm heading to work in a few minutes so I don't have time to reshoot them.

The best option from an aesthetic standpoint is to build a small room to act as an entrance to the underground school.
    wVNF5ER.png?1

The drawback to the shells is if you zoom the camera in even a little the shell disappears. Even with full walls. You can get a little bit closer than this if you swing the camera to the left or right a bit, but not a lot closer.
    5VbmhHO.png?1

This is the best I can do with the curved room feature and the available roof options. Pretty pathetic.
    iuNUiPS.png?1

If you keep the camera back when you're above ground you can go downstairs and do a go here, then go back up and watch your sim enter the building.
    yzXTi8v.png

Let know me if you like the idea. If you do I'll get to work on it when I get home. If not I can try and modify the current school and make it a bit more Batuu-y.
  • Options
    Another drawback to the JtB shells, as you can see they take up a lot of space so it's hard to add many buildings even on a 64x64. I feel like two building shells, maybe three tops is the best I can do. They would be really crowded and would limit other landscaping to make it look good. Let me know which you prefer, underground or a modified original school building.
  • Options
    I've been converting the existing school and once I started replacing doors with blast doors, got a couple of tactical screens up, and replacing the tables and desks it started to look the part pretty quickly. Dropped a couple of R and BB droids and the students like to interact with them. Probably put a first order droid in the Principles office and get her played up through First Order just to see what she does.
  • Options
    Another drawback to the JtB shells, as you can see they take up a lot of space so it's hard to add many buildings even on a 64x64. I feel like two building shells, maybe three tops is the best I can do. They would be really crowded and would limit other landscaping to make it look good. Let me know which you prefer, underground or a modified original school building.

Hm... what would you find most fun to build?

I would go with the build that you do yourself because then you can change it according to needs in the save. Shells are cool but difficult to adapt. Landscaping is fun and shells take a lot of space. Hmm... but it is more important that you have fun building.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top