Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey To Batuu Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,841 Member
    Hm... what would you find most fun to build?

I would go with the build that you do yourself because then you can change it according to needs in the save. Shells are cool but difficult to adapt. Landscaping is fun and shells take a lot of space. Hmm... but it is more important that you have fun building.

I've been thinking about it off and on today. Being realistic, it would be much easier to remodel the existing school. I overestimated what is possible with the tools in build mode. I can still make something cool, just not what I was imagining yesterday.😁 Those shell buildings take up almost half the lot by themselves. They're fun to look at, but we don't have the space to work with like the devs do.
  • Options
    I'm just about done for the night but I did get started. I ran into a couple of odd leftovers after I demolished the original 2nd and 3rd floors. There was this small bit of grid floating in midair but nothing anywhere close to it. Until I finally got lucky and somehow got rid of it I couldn't build a roof over the second floor. I'm also trying to figure out how to replace the concrete and tile sidewalk with one of the Batuu stone tiles. It keeps telling me I can only apply them to a room. There's a way around that but I can't remember it right now. Anyway the exterior is starting to take shape. I didn't get the absolutely final shape done like I intended, but it's off and running.

0o3aYbw.png?1
    2l5B0mZ.png
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Cybersbe wrote: »
    Quite fond of this pack. Both as a Star Wars fan, and a sci-fi fan in general. I do prefer it when I have a mod that lets multiple households have lightsabers, though.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I remember finding out that my Alien/Spellcaster/Vampire sims could use their teleporting abilities in Batuu back in 2020. That was way too cool. I hope there will be a Batuu refresh eventually.

I think a Batuu refresh would be cool, too!

I'd like for double-bladed lightsabers to be added, and for us to be able to engage Rey or Kylo Ren in winnable lightsaber challenges.

The refresh could either be themed around The Mandalorian (adding Mandalorian armor with different colors to CAS, and possibly adding Beskar weapons that can be used as an alternative to lightsabers), and/or the new Galactic Starcruiser hotel/adventure at Galaxy's Edge (adding the Halcyon as a new Batuu neighborhood or special lot for new missions. Though given how in-depth the Galactic Starcruiser experience sounds, part of me thinks they'd have to make a whole new pack for it).
    I think it would be great if we could have our sims live on Batuu, even being able to rent would be better than not….
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I so love the Jedi High School. Way cool. B)
  • Options
    Some more progress shots. I only had about an hour today to work on it but I did get the final shape done. Well, mostly. I will probably tweak it a little here and there before I'm done. I only took one shot of the exterior, because like the original it looks the same from either end. I didn't take any shots of the back because I haven't put in any windows or doors, so it's really boring and plain looking at the moment. I did remove the two classrooms and straighten up the lines back there.
    cehvLPQ.png

I had a little bit of time to begin trying out some ideas for the interior. The main entrance...
    u0qku0N.png
    Here's a couple shots from the side. This is still very much a work in progress. Pardon the original tile floor, I just realized I didn't change it before I took the picture. I still have stairs going up and down to add. It will be fun to compare the finished entryway to how it looks now.
    imQIZED.png
    8n5tCrn.png

As you have already noticed our tour guide is none other than my Resistance Liberty Lee. Here she is getting a first look at what will be the cafeteria. I felt like a DJ R-3X would be a nice touch. It may not be a cantina, but who doesn't like some music with your meal?
    xpdq3nb.png
    sXSxl9w.png

Last but not least I accidentally changed the time of day to night, but when I saw the building silhouetted by the stars I couldn't help snapping a picture. I didn't pull back any farther for the shot because too many immersion breaking details ruined it.
    GW1URTQ.png
  • Options
    I had some time before work to try out an idea for a potential cafeteria layout. If I stay with this I will remove a few lights to give a better atmosphere. I might even build it as a cantina instead. That's out of place in a high school by earth standards, but who's to say that Batuu cultural standards are the same as ours?😁
    jRHxH8g.png
    gv7YtyR.png
    yI1A7fH.png
    RbxBhEY.png
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    It looks so good!!

This got me so inspired that I started setting up a new SWTOR-save.
  • Options
    @SilentKitty Thank you. I have a lot in store with this build, and a surprise involving the auditorium if it will work.🤞
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Love the cafeteria! 👍🏼
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 @SERVERFRA I hope to get a lot done tonight and tomorrow, and maybe even have it done by Sunday or the first part of next week. This is already the most fun I've had with a build.😁
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    @simgirl1010 @SERVERFRA I hope to get a lot done tonight and tomorrow, and maybe even have it done by Sunday or the first part of next week. This is already the most fun I've had with a build.😁

Great start! I've been downloading Batuu-ish builds in my game. I just really love the aesthetics.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    @BlkBarbiegal Thank you very much. I think you're going to like tonight's progress update.

Here it is. I did make one minor exterior change. Since I was using the wall texture with rock at the bottom inside the building it made sense to use it on the outside too. I did make a huge exterior change at the back. I'm going to save that for last, but I think you're going to love what I did.

Let's head inside and let Liberty give us little tour. On the right is the door to one of the classrooms.
    rHS81Ww.png

I have the rough shape of the classrooms laid out. I installed a holotable instead of a whiteboard. That's probably not going to work once this build meets actual students, but it still gives it that Batuu feel for now.
    oBFgblo.png?1

While I was making up my mind about what I wanted to do with the back of the building I decided to knock out a principal's office.
    lkweU1H.png?1
    nI1LGBX.png?1
    pQ9XoxX.png?1

Let's head across the hall and check out the finished cafeteria. I really didn't have a choice here. If the students were going to eat I had to put the HSY cafeteria bar in. If I made it a cantina I doubt the game spawned lunch lady would know what to do. And we'd have to keep hiring a bartender every day more than likely. The holotable in the classroom is enough potential freak out material for the game to deal with, without giving it the lunch lady/bartender conundrum.
    tts247Q.png
    tzXz1H4.png?1

I'm going to knock out the wall between these two rooms and make a droid lab in here.
    3kxHXo8.png

And so we arrive at tonight's showstopper. Ok, calling it a showstopper is making a bigger deal of it than it probably is.
    fZNkAOw.png

You no doubt zeroed in on the sandy bit between the class rooms. What could that be? Let's take a closer look shall we...
    AH1lClH.png?1

If you guessed a Lightsaber training and sparring ground you were right.
    FzEgvt7.png
    U6G8a7j.png
    A8VHXA5.png
    qfC4KrI.png

• Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    @DaniRose2143 your Batuu school is looking awesome!
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Isharell wrote: »
    @DaniRose2143 your Batuu school is looking awesome!

agreed!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Thank you sisters! Tonight's progress update. I didn't get as much done as I wanted but I'm getting close to finishing. I have the second floor to do and make a decision whether or not to do anything in the basement. I'm not sure what it might be down there, but something may come to me. The main thing I got done today was the droid shop and some more exterior work.
    dbwA1b4.png
    jJ0u2Ha.png
    DpiyJeu.png
    PqVVbQd.png
    7rmB6iG.png

I have the layout mostly done on the second floor. I plan to put in a computer lab, library, and a common area. I'm not sure if I'm going to make 4 rooms up there or 3, and if I do three which one will occupy a whole end of the floor.
    YfUV6Gp.png

That's all for tonight. I really appreciate everybody's enthusiasm for the build so far. It is a wonderful source of inspiration.🙂
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    @DaniRose2143 I very much enjoy following this work in progress of your Jedi Highschool! Looking good so far!

Will those who choose to travel by ship be able to land on the roof? One of my teens just won the Millennium Falcon in a sabacc tournament and he wants to show off his latest prize. He’s not great at flying her but that’s beside the point.
  • Options
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Thank you. I hadn't given thought to landing spacecraft, so I had to check it out. There is room to land 5 X-Wings thanks to their near vertical takeoff and landing abilities. I feel like 4 is better. With 3 on the second floor roof, the wing tips are so close to together, I feel like it's a bit trickier then most teen pilots are ready for. The Falcon will have to land on what the Earth people call a football field. I've seen both types of what they call 'footballs' and neither one looks anything like a foot. They are such a strange people.
    tiHrgkT.png

There is also ample parking for those who choose Landspeeders as their mode of transportation.
    ZXq03kP.png
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Thank you sisters! Tonight's progress update. I didn't get as much done as I wanted but I'm getting close to finishing. I have the second floor to do and make a decision whether or not to do anything in the basement. I'm not sure what it might be down there, but something may come to me. The main thing I got done today was the droid shop and some more exterior work.
    dbwA1b4.png
    jJ0u2Ha.png
    DpiyJeu.png
    PqVVbQd.png
    7rmB6iG.png

I have the layout mostly done on the second floor. I plan to put in a computer lab, library, and a common area. I'm not sure if I'm going to make 4 rooms up there or 3, and if I do three which one will occupy a whole end of the floor.
    YfUV6Gp.png

That's all for tonight. I really appreciate everybody's enthusiasm for the build so far. It is a wonderful source of inspiration.🙂

This school looks amazing. I would love to send my sims there.
  • Options
    @Atreya33 You're going to get your wish shortly. I have a couple of things left to do and check and it will be ready to upload. Without the X-Wings unless people want them. It would only take me like 5 minutes to put them back. They were up there just for fun, but they can make a comeback very easy.
  • Options
    I've run into one or two issues playtesting the school. I should have them cleaned up shortly. It's almost done.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    It is done! And it is uploaded.

Sadly I can't post any images of what I did today. Every time and in every way I try to get into my Imgur account all I get is an error message. I was just editing an image and gone. It just say Zoinks! you took a wrong turn. All the images I've posted on here are still up so the account is still there but something has gone wrong and I can't get in to do any editing of the new ones. I am so very sorry. I added a library, computer room, and training room upstairs. And I added a room in the basement for Resistance teens and another for First Order teens. I tried to make one for Scoundrels but it is glitched and I can't fix it or delete it. It's there for you to tinker with.

I hope you enjoy it!
  • Options
    I got my Imgur back. Screenshots incoming!
  • Options
    The additions I made today:

The library...
    WX3QEZ3.png

The computer lab...
    LOnQKmW.png
    OXCxpJC.png

The training facility/gym/whatever you want to call it...
    c82sY9Z.png

The Resistance(blue) and First Order(red) teen club rooms. Your teen will have to go to Batuu and join either faction to access them, unless you replace the doors with regular blast doors. Feel free to replace the doors, or anything your heart desires for that matter.
    ipfUwHK.png
    ZDn153s.png

Last but not least I tried several different ways to merge a tactical screen and a whiteboard together to make it appear that the teacher was using the tactical screen for class but I couldn't make it work. The students came to class but the teacher never showed up. So I had to split them up like this to make it work.
    uQvISoD.png

But at least the students and teacher showed up and class went ahead.
    W6ml7k3.png
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Thank you. I hadn't given thought to landing spacecraft, so I had to check it out. There is room to land 5 X-Wings thanks to their near vertical takeoff and landing abilities. I feel like 4 is better. With 3 on the second floor roof, the wing tips are so close to together, I feel like it's a bit trickier then most teen pilots are ready for. The Falcon will have to land on what the Earth people call a football field. I've seen both types of what they call 'footballs' and neither one looks anything like a foot. They are such a strange people.
    tiHrgkT.png

Love the X Wings! They gotta stay!

Earth People are strange indeed. I've heard they also have "handballs", but these things look nothing like hands either. One has to wonder how on earth hey come up with these peculiar ideas. 🤔
  • Options
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Oh no, my dear Captain. I uploaded it without them.😞 I could upload a 2.0 version with them if you'd like?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top