Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,745 Member
    Sitting here wondering what you mean by real old? I'm staring down 69, myself. LOL

I was thinking more along the lines of 90, LOL :) The Sims will exist for another decade, I'm sure!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,854 Member
    I did not know you can get "dazed" from the VIP bucket in game. Essy went straight into the green room of the Limelight and bought 5 bottles and after drinking one was stumbling around cross-eyed.
    She made it home alright.
    [url=https://www.flickr.com/gp/198706336@N07/50G4RiTFkg]53478027508_c273233fbe_k.jpg[/url]01-21-24_9:33:15 AM by leucosia x, on Flickr
    53477887786_e12ffa7c67_k.jpgScreenshot 2024-01-21 at 9.26.30 AM by leucosia x, on Flickr
    53477887611_0688f9a07f_k.jpgScreenshot 2024-01-21 at 9.28.06 AM by leucosia x, on Flickr
    53476983037_f4d043cdca_k.jpgScreenshot 2024-01-21 at 9.29.42 AM by leucosia x, on Flickr

53478292460_4ae0ea5075_k.jpg01-21-24_9:39:48 AM by leucosia x, on Flickr

*Sorry I tried to used the spoiler feature but it's not working
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,098 Member
    @LeucosiaX Oh interesting! The VIP buckets in my game don't have any kind of drinking feature afaik, they're just romantic decor. Is yours cc, or did a pack change them? luxury party stuff maybe? (I don't have that one)

• Options
    @LeucosiaX Oh interesting! The VIP buckets in my game don't have any kind of drinking feature afaik, they're just romantic decor. Is yours cc, or did a pack change them? luxury party stuff maybe? (I don't have that one)
    @mightysprite
    That's what I thought- only decor. When decorating the interior I used no cc,(thanks to better build buy) so I can put it on the gallery. If anything it's the horse ranch doing it , because as I recall, becoming "dazed" was something introduced with the nectar making. With the VIP bucket- it only takes one drink to become, really dazed- much more than usual, (3-4 glasses with with nectar).
  • Options
    Ah that could be. I don't have Horse Ranch either.
  • Options
    MrManyIdeasMrManyIdeas Posts: 203 Member
    I was gaming on my desktop today (the lowest patched game). It was did know it was time for Winterfest and as I had been playing the Pancakes recently and know they had tree already I decided to visit them for this holiday. Later on I did switch to another family to celebrate New Year. I thought of posting pics here but as my game did not run very well today (the fans were making some noise so I think the computer was running to hot for some reason and I also had some other issues) I did not make a backup of the TS4 folder as I use to. I have to play some more and when I know the game runs OK I will post pics. B)
  • Options
    edited January 21
    @mightysprite
    Is there a way you can post a video on the forums? The stumble was so iconic I made a video. I know you posted a gif before- and I couldn't figure how.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,003 Member
    I was gaming on my desktop today (the lowest patched game). It was did know it was time for Winterfest and as I had been playing the Pancakes recently and know they had tree already I decided to visit them for this holiday. Later on I did switch to another family to celebrate New Year. I thought of posting pics here but as my game did not run very well today (the fans were making some noise so I think the computer was running to hot for some reason and I also had some other issues) I did not make a backup of the TS4 folder as I use to. I have to play some more and when I know the game runs OK I will post pics. B)

Back up your game! My little laptop grew horrendously sluggish, next thing I knew it gave up the ghost. I had no other machine left. But, having backed up my game a time before, phew, I still had something. By the time hubby surprised me with this gaming laptop, I had a little ways to go to catch up with where I'd left off at the time of the complete collapse of the other device. I don't wish that on anyone. BACK UP YOUR GAME. NOW.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    OK, I will do that today. I do not think the issues were to critical (just a few annoyances here and there like sounds and messages missing) but better safe then sorry I guess. :)
  • Options

So the backup have been done! I did not get any good pics at the New Years party but I can spam you with pics from the Winterfest by the Pancakes. ;)

Marie Karlsson, the lady in black are a sim the did not know and they just happen to meet. But She shared a grand meal with the family. The feline woman on the floor (yes, she is actually playing with a toy despite being an adult) is Niomi Stewens, their neighbor.
    53480845769_3a2e9ba36e_b.jpg

Later on a former "roommate", Mr Ikara Wolson made a visit. This anthro canine lives in Brindleton Bay. the day before Winterfest I decided to change out the boring wallpaper in the living room and even though I felt very unsure looking at the small thumbnails in Build mode I do not regret picking this one. It just fits like a glove!
    53479630427_098948f10d_b.jpg

But I must say I feel very sorry for Bob as he did not get any good gifts. Father winter also gave him a very boring gift (dog p**p, yes literally) so I have to direct Eliza to grab the MySims trophy she had in her inventory and give it to her husband as a gift so he had something fun. I feel for you Bob! :s
    53479630082_4e2e7eca38_b.jpg

• Options
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    @mightysprite
    Is there a way you can post a video on the forums? The stumble was so iconic I made a video. I know you posted a gif before- and I couldn't figure how.

Hi @LeucosiaX I did that by finding a free .mov to .gif converter online. I can't remember the site I used but it was free and worked well. If your video is in a different format like .avi or .mp4 then look for that kind of converter.
    You can also post youtube links here and the video will come up in the post automatically.
    Looking forward to seeing the stumbling :) one more reason I might get Horse Ranch eventually!
  • Options
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    @mightysprite

Hi @LeucosiaX I did that by finding a free .mov to .gif converter online. I can't remember the site I used but it was free and worked well. If your video is in a different format like .avi or .mp4 then look for that kind of converter.
    You can also post youtube links here and the video will come up in the post automatically.
    Looking forward to seeing the stumbling :) one more reason I might get Horse Ranch eventually!
    @mightysprite
    Oh I wish you could remember the link because my screen records in .mov. Only thing I know to do is to edit it in capcut as mp4 and post it to tik tok. Here's the link if you like to see:
    https://www.tiktok.com/@leucosiax/video/7326969134862945579?_r=1&_t=8jFiYCjDQ9j&social_sharing=1

I have another very good one in need of editing of Catty Noir- That long walk home at Chateau Peak. The game made that walk home ridiculously over exaggerated.

I found Horse Ranch to be a great pack. It provided months of fun gameplay. I really recommend it.
    Only wish the equestrian center was interactive like the acting studios in Del Sol.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 900 Member
    Played a bit of my PC Sims 4, but only with two of my families, which was an old one and a brand new one.
    The older one was with the family I previously mentioned here. Where I created six kids in CAS, then edited four more. The couple was expecting their eleventh child, but their first born in-game one. One thing I forgot to mention is the dad is white with blonde hair and blue eyes, and his wife is black with black hair and brown eyes. Most of their kids have a mixture of their parents traits. Some of their children I named after characters. One daughter is pale with black hair and brown eyes, and I named her Snow White. Two of her siblings are named Sokka and Katara after Avatar, since they have black hair and blue eyes, and are a mix between their parents. Their mother gave birth to their newest sibling, which turned out to be a girl. They now had seven girls, and four boys now. Their newest child was named Whitney White, and she had blonde hair, brown eyes, and light skin. I edited her up to a teen, so I could make her look how I wanted, and didn't have to wait. Before Whitney was born, two of her siblings, Terry and Jacob visited the family, one came with his brother after school, and one skipped school to hang out. After Whitney was born, and edited to my liking, I stopped the game play for them.
    Now to my newest family. I only have the base game, romantic garden, holiday stuff, and some CC/Mods for the game. So, I used what I had to create them. The only CC part for the family is the eyes for four members of the family. I plan to recreate them for my PS4, where I have a lot more packs to use.
    That said, the family I created was based on the series Inu Yasha. It is an older series I liked when I was younger, and slowly getting back in. The story has a modern Japanese girl named Kagome falling 500 years in the past where she meets a half dog demon named Inu Yasha. They meet more people, and more things happen. I stopped reading it, and due to a move, had to get rid of my original copies I had, but I am slowly buying it back in omnibus format, which has bigger books and nicer printed pages.
    Only created Inu Yasha, and his immediate family so far. His father was a full dog demon, who had a human form, but also a beast form. His father originally had a full demon spouse, and they had Inu Yasha's older half brother Sesshomaru, who is a full demon. His father did marry Inu Yasha's human mother, and had him. He is a half-demon. To get the relationships to work in CAS, I made Sesshomaru's mother their father's spouse, and Inu Yasha's mom their father's fiance. Their father, Sesshomaru's mom, Sesshomaru, and Inu Yasha all have white/silver hair, and golden eyes. Inu Yasha's mom has black hair and brown eyes. I made both Sesshomaru and Inu Yasha teens, so they would be closer in age.
    Once moved in, I used Motherlode to get them a larger house. Inu Yasha's dad, and his step mom shared a bed, while everyone else had their own. Sesshomaru's mother was furious with how much time her husband spent with Inu Yasha's mom. Their dad loved both mothers of his children, but Inu Yasha's mom was his current flame, so he was focused on her. Sesshomaru's mom was nice to Inu Yasha's mom, despite being jealous, but did snap at her husband a few times. Sesshomaru did his own thing, and stayed out of the drama. He did his homework, and ignored everything else. Inu Yasha did his homework, did some skill work, and tried to befriend all of his family, including his step mom.
    My next plan is to either make an older version of the same set up, and give Sesshomaru his wife Rin, and Inu Yasha with his wife Kagome. Both brothers have daughters in the sequel series called Yashahime, where Sesshomaru has two fraternal twin half-demon daughters, and Inu Yasha has his own 1/4 quarter demon daughter. Inu Yasha and Kagome also have friends that have identical twin daughters and a son. If I create more based on the series, I want different versions of them in the same save file.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited January 24
    I just had a little time to play and I decided to check in on Penny Pizzazz. I've updated some of her outfits and given her a bit more of a backstory. Well, I guess I had on Neighborhood Stories. Penny had left her job - cool, I'll get her a new one. She had also adopted 4 random pets in her small apartment. That's right. There were two dogs and two cats with a bunch of random traits like Skittish, Troublemaker and Glutton. They are also so adorably cute that I couldn't delete them or give them away. They all have names like Whiskers and Tommy. One is a puggle, one is a kind of Samoyed/collie mix, and the two cats are like cute strays. I can't delete Tommy. Lol.

So, I decided that Penny had outgrown City Living. She has moved to a customized suburban house that started as a Gallery shell that I'd decorated at one point and left vacant in Brindleton Bay. It is next to the pet hospital and is walkable to the dog park. I guess that is her life now. She has a lot of pet training and chaos in her future. The welcome wagon showed up and the Heckings are her new friends along with the adult daughter of Siobhan Fyres. That is a very funny household. We'll see how it works out for her. She is going to have a job that supports her new furry friends' lifestyles.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    I wish there was a mod that would flag certain sims to not appear in certain places where they would logically never go. Like for example Simon, who is a loner that hates both dancing and strangers. But for some reason, the game keeps forcing him to go to nightclub, where he spends the whole time talking to the mirror to calm down, as he very much does not want to be there. I both feel sorry for the guy and feel annoyed, because as there is a certain number of sims that would appear on lots, he takes up space.
    The mod I have and use to keep vampires out of restaurants, paparazzi out of shops ece, only works on group, not individuals, and I don't want to ban all teens or vampires from going to clubbing just to keep one sim out.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    I deleted Simon and some other sims that have made me angry for one reason or another. I run a dictatorship and if you become a liability, you'll get the booth.
    I always save them to library before deleting, though, in case I ever need them again or start missing them, which happens sometimes. Probably not the healthiest coping mechanism, but at least I am not murdering them, so?
  • Options
    Here are a few photos of Penny and her new hilarious pets. At least the cats are both boys and the dogs are girls so this should be the limit for all of them. A trip to the clinic for spaying and buying a lot of wellness treats is in her near future.

Penny and Shadow, the Collie or Samoyed? Not sure.

XKP6gpb.png

Penny and Yogi, the puggle. She frequently needs to be relieved whenever Shadow does at the same time.

DtOiLZH.png

Whiskers is being a troublemaker, poking at the kitchen trash. They all just moved in so they have not customized much art on the walls yet. It is like a new house with fresh paint.

0DoY3Qq.png

There's a technical hiccup so I can't post a photo of Tommy right now but he is a very chubby, gluttonous tabby cat. Penny was looking at him on top of her fridge. He also ate the fruitcake. Just assume that these silly misfits are running back and forth around her house and garden most of the time.
  • Options
    I deleted Simon and some other sims that have made me angry for one reason or another. I run a dictatorship and if you become a liability, you'll get the booth.
    I always save them to library before deleting, though, in case I ever need them again or start missing them, which happens sometimes. Probably not the healthiest coping mechanism, but at least I am not murdering them, so?

Reminds me of what I did back in Sims3. Erik Cantrell was first a Rock Star after we got ShowTime. He was wildly popular a Superstar in that game, but unlucky in love. He finally slowed down enough to find someone, taking it really slow, which was a first for him. LOL He got engaged to this Sim (one I had created in CAS just for him) and what does she do? He invited her to spend Give Giving Day with his family and she spends her time flirthing with Erik's only brother-in-law in front of everybody. I was steaming mad. Erik was crushed. So, I removed her from the game and stuck her in the bin. She was still there when I eventually uninstalled that game. I didn't murder her, either. She just lived the rest of her days in purgatory.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    @ChampandGirlie That's a Samoyed. Certainly is not a Collie.
  • Options

I was wondering about those hanging ears and then I wondered if it is part-Great Pyrenees? Maybe a Great Pyrenees / Samoyed cross. Nice dog either way. It was just a shock upon first entering her apartment. Now, she just has an active lifestyle in Brindleton Bay.
  • Options

That dog looks like a Great Pyrenees mix, or one that looks like the Pyrenees, like the Kuvasz or Maremma Sheepdog, or Akbash.
    Had to look up the breeds, because couldn't think of the names off hand.
  • Options
    Umbreon12 wrote: »

That dog looks like a Great Pyrenees mix, or one that looks like the Pyrenees, like the Kuvasz or Maremma Sheepdog, or Akbash.

In all fairness, all I know is that isn't a Collie. My late grandmother had a Collie years ago. The famous Lassie, from the old TV Show was a Collie.
  • Options

In all fairness, all I know is that isn't a Collie. My late grandmother had a Collie years ago. The famous Lassie, from the old TV Show was a Collie.

That is true, I saw the post mentioning the dog as a Collie, which you are right on it not being a Collie. I also just didn't think it was a Samoyed due to the ears. Samoyed dogs have pointy ears, so I was listing the dogs that it could have been as well.
    Dog breeds can be hard to pin point, especially if you include mutts. Plus, if you include Standard and mini versions of dogs like Poodles and Dobermans that come in more than one size.
  • Options

Thank you! I can't say I would have guessed that. I'd say this is a journey down a rabbit hole I'm unfamiliar with but more accurately, it's a journey down a puppy hole of dog breeds I've never encountered. That and there's a puggle and two random cats. They are starting to learn some skills and manners though.
  • Options

That is true, I saw the post mentioning the dog as a Collie, which you are right on it not being a Collie. I also just didn't think it was a Samoyed due to the ears. Samoyed dogs have pointy ears, so I was listing the dogs that it could have been as well.
    Dog breeds can be hard to pin point, especially if you include mutts. Plus, if you include Standard and mini versions of dogs like Poodles and Dobermans that come in more than one size.

Oh, I never thought it was a purebred Collie. I thought it might be mixed with Collie or even Golden Retriever with the hanging ears. I wondered about Collie because it has a long nose and looks a bit like one in the front of the face. I think it's part Samoyed because of the tail and coat but it might be mixed with Great Pyrenees. Hard to really know. She got it while I wasn't playing her.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top