Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Simmers, welcome! - Community’s tips & tricks to get started

Comments

• Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,960 Member
    i seem to have a stuff prepared for download but i do not understand how the gallery works. i give up lol
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    ok im terribly sorry room, i was just about to give up when i just had a Eureka moment, all is good in the simuniverse now. Sooorrry !!!
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    Nae1419 wrote: »
    Can anyone please tell me how to build a dock or buy a mooring station on island living for sims 4? Thank you.

Start by building a foundation from land over the water. Add the mooring station from buy mode - make sure nothing is in the way (placed on top of your foundation) and the water must be deep enough to accept placement.

@Nae1419 This is something I struggled with for awhile. So excellent question!

Build like normal over the water. Then for the "base" part, use one of the pillar type bases. (You don't need to, you can have a solid dock, though I like it better open-looking). Keep in mind that for every "room", you will have to add the "base" texture.

For the mooring station, basically, like @elanorbreton said, it just needs to be deep enough and without any clutter blocking any of it's "footprint". I could take some screenshots with descriptions if you're still having trouble with it. :)

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    SimGamer2021SimGamer2021 Posts: 11 New Member
    So happy to have joined the online sims 4 community!
  • Options
    LonestarDCLonestarDC Posts: 2 New Member
    Is there anyone who uses the career designer that could make one for me? I have all the data ready and I'm able to export it but just don't have the final pieces of creating the package. Message me if possible. Thanks!
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    So happy to have joined the online sims 4 community!

Welcome
  • Options
    > @SimGamer2021 said:
    > So happy to have joined the online sims 4 community!
    Me too, its nice to meet you! I am new to the online community as well. I learmed so much just in these last 24 hours this community is crazy generous. Its a privilige really to be here i am just starting to be impressed at the level of talent displayed by the artisans of the game ! I really feel right at home. Good day all happy simming :smiley:
  • Options
    Ok im officially not a newcomer anymore after 1 month w the game lol ... but now i will be offline building for awhile. I ended up downloading whole bunch mods, like hundreds... but i chose not to touch scripts etc. as i am a novice user. And im content to play w the vanilla scripts. But the stuff wholly gee mother of all Sims lol I was gonna miss out, its crazy the catalog is like i remember the sears catalog, well i found that for my sims ! I also tested the system to upload one remodeled household i had downloaded, my apologies for that. So im very happy w the 3 expansion packs i got. The wealth of material available to the community is absolutely breathtaking ! Thanks to all the mods as well (moderators that is) for keeping all of this place safe !
  • Options
    @rongtudjuuu What Maxis and EA did for Sims4 is make "modding" and "custom Content" part of the game. That way it doesn't affect base-coding. A clever and safe way to do it. The vast majority of modders and people that make custom clothing, items, etc have good intent anyways. Only a small few have malicious intent. With "Mods" separate from the main game, all that's needed is to remove them if there is a problem. :)
    Having such a great number of people making and maintaining mods, and making CC, really expands the game.

I mean even a simple one like cutting down the time it takes for a Sim in-game to eat and drink. (For example) Or someone even made the pendulum on the grandfather clock tick and swing back and forth. :DB)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    NyctreesNyctrees Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey y'all - I am having some trouble gardening in city living and wanted to know if anyone has had any success actually gardening IN their apartment? Specifically on console too I'm playing on ps4- out of ideas figured this was worth a shot
  • Options
    SimGamer2021SimGamer2021 Posts: 11 New Member
    > @rongtudjuuu said:
    > > @SimGamer2021 said:
    > > So happy to have joined the online sims 4 community!
    > Me too, its nice to meet you! I am new to the online community as well. I learmed so much just in these last 24 hours this community is crazy generous. Its a privilige really to be here i am just starting to be impressed at the level of talent displayed by the artisans of the game ! I really feel right at home. Good day all happy simming :smiley:

Absolutely agree!
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Erika2502 wrote: »
    Hey, i wanted to know how to have twins or triplets in Sims 4, i tried using cheats but i dont think it worked. And also i would like to know if it's possible to abort a baby🤣yes i am a terrible person
    You can rewrite a Sim's reality in terms of pregnancy without trauma to anyone involved or any real-life horror, just by using MC Command Mod. It allows you to pause, determine gender and/or number and/or parentage, or simply remove the existence of a pregnancy without...the real-life awfulness. A fantasy reset button that doesn't exist irl and harms none. And you can use it to determine number and all that, to tweak things to your liking. I used to be afraid of MC Command mods but now I wouldn't play Sims4 without it.

Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    RoastedQuackRoastedQuack Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, just joined the forum and have been playing sims for quite some time.

Anyways I have a question.

Let me begin, this is kind of a complicated story.

So, I found out (through the genealogy) from my current sim that I'm playing had a family member (the uncle) had children. I believe I have previously moved out/ relocated the family. The uncle and wife had died of old age while their children remain as children (I think that is because I switch off auto age up). Now I want to find the kids but I can't. I tried looking at the unplayed household through manage household but aren't there. Anyone can tell me a way to find them? :)
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Hi, just joined the forum and have been playing sims for quite some time.

Anyways I have a question.

Let me begin, this is kind of a complicated story.

So, I found out (through the genealogy) from my current sim that I'm playing had a family member (the uncle) had children. I believe I have previously moved out/ relocated the family. The uncle and wife had died of old age while their children remain as children (I think that is because I switch off auto age up). Now I want to find the kids but I can't. I tried looking at the unplayed household through manage household but aren't there. Anyone can tell me a way to find them? :)

I'm not sure, but i think when no one in the household is of age to take care of the children they are culled from the game.
    In my game i'm using mccc mod that has an option to make other families adopt the orphan kids...
  • Options
    princeroprincero Posts: 5 New Member
    i don't have any friends to share content with them, where can i find new players like me? or olders players too. Sorry for bad english.
  • Options
    RoastedQuackRoastedQuack Posts: 2 New Member
    > @texxx78 said:
    > I'm not sure, but i think when no one in the household is of age to take care of the children they are culled from the game.
    > In my game i'm using mccc mod that has an option to make other families adopt the orphan kids...

Can I have more information regarding the mccc mod? I have never heard of it before. I don't know much about mods
  • Options
    > @princero said:
    > i don't have any friends to share content with them, where can i find new players like me? or olders players too. Sorry for bad english.
    Right Here ! :smile: you can share content in the Gallery (i just found out how to use it and download Sims and houses); there alot many friends there. I am new to the community as well, iam in my late 40s from Canada (French).
  • Options
    Hi all folks, i have one last dummy question about the gallery; i uploaded my first house to see how the system works last week, and i since modified it, so once uploaded can i delte it i didnt seem to find a click for it lol ?
  • Options
    aswaby00aswaby00 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @captainjoshua77 said:
    > I have tip for a really well paying job!
    > Just become a Freelancer and choose the Programmer side, It pays really well later on. :)

check out all these sims in isolation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDPKeBxpUsI
  • Options
    aswaby00aswaby00 Posts: 2 New Member
    check out all these sims in isolation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDPKeBxpUsI
  • Options
    Fake_PersonFake_Person Posts: 12 New Member
    I played sims free play for a while and I wanted to see if sims 4 is worth it. is it?
  • Options
    Hi all folks, i have one last dummy question about the gallery; i uploaded my first house to see how the system works last week, and i since modified it, so once uploaded can i delete it i didn't seem to find a click for it lol ?

Yes you can delete it. It's actually a good idea if you want to just have your finished updated version. I've seen people upload 3 or 4 of the same building in a row. It's best (in my opinion) to have only one version up. Unless it's a long time later and you have an improved version, may as well keep up the old version up.

If you can't figure out how, I'll go in-game and take some screenshots to show how, if you like. :)

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    bettycrocketbettycrocket Posts: 99 Member
    > @rongtudjuuu said:
    > i seem to have a stuff prepared for download but i do not understand how the gallery works. i give up lol

hey @rongtudjuuu , basically, to upload items to the gallery, when you click on your library in the gallery, click on any of the items you created, then click the upload to gallery button in the far left corner.

Don't forget to add a name and description, so people know what they are looking at. It's always a good idea to add hashtags too.

If you need to look at examples of how you can set your names and descriptions up, you can look at my profile on the gallery #kdaddy73 or @kdaddy73 or you can look how other people set up their uploads.

Hope this helps :) !!!
  • Options
    > @Fake_Person said:
    > I played sims free play for a while and I wanted to see if sims 4 is worth it. is it?

Compared to freeplay, it is worth it.

You get a lot of content with the base game, but be aware a lot of good content comes in several $40, $20, $10, and $5 packs. If you decide to purchase the game, I would only buy a few packs unless you have a lot of space, RAM, and desire to purchase a ton of packs, in which their value is WAY over the price of the game but you only get about 2-3 hours (maybe 5-8 with expansions because they do have more content) of gameplay out of it before you explored all the content.

I personally don't "play" the Sims 4; I mostly build things and post them to the gallery, so I am not the most objective person. I really do appreciate all the build/buy mode content because there is so much content and so many possibilities with it, so I think it is definitely worth it for that aspect. I would definitely research it more before you buy it, and just think about if it is worth it for you. :)
  • Options
    > @princero said:
    > i don't have any friends to share content with them, where can i find new players like me? or olders players too. Sorry for bad english.

I'm not sure where you can find new players, but they are everywhere in the Sims community. You will find that you run into new and older players both in the gallery and on their forum. You can share content with people when they follow you in the sims gallery or when you showcase your work outside of the Sims, such as in different threads in this forum, YouTube, Twitter, Discord, etc.

(ex) I'm a new member on this forum, but an old player in the sims that is very active in the gallery. If you like, I can follow you in the sims gallery, and you can follow me. That way we can share content with each other :).

this is my name in the sims gallery: @kdaddy73
    this is my hashtag in the sims gallery: #kdaddy73

Hope this helps! Happy Simming!