Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy-Bachelor Challenge *COMPLETED*

Comments

• Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Queenarella
    Pets get sick every 3 days? o.O

Yay! Next time I'm online in game I'll download her. Thanks!

Good idea! Worth a look anyway. Would be cool if the rules were modified.

I like that saying! :D And yep, an abbreviation. ;)

o.O Are you sure about that? Raising 10 kids seems like it would be mighty stressful to me!

Current chapter:
    Happy Birthday Perla! She looks great, of course. :)

Muwahaha! The 'grab it' comment! You are hilarious! I highly doubt any guy would actually say that though. o.O

Congrats to Rose for reaching the top of her career! \o/

Great plan for Mark and great to see him again. :)

Victoria's shocked look and words cracks me up! :D Guessing she didn't get stuck on the roof or you would've said something. So weird how Sims can end up in the most illogical places, eh?

Perhaps they don't have enough 'bits and pieces' for Mabel to make anything on the Fabricator is the reason the options are greyed out?

O.O That's Adrian? Man, the costume/wardrobe department sure did a number on him, he's unrecognizable. Wait, did his freckles disappear too? Sheesh! Congrats to him for getting gold for the gig though. :)

Welcome to the family Louis Brennan! I've never watched that series, but I love the name theme anyway! <3

Yay! \o/ Another baby(ies) on board!

I see the waterslide obsession is still going strong! :) Who were the ghosts in that screenshot, I can't tell?

Can't wait to see what Louis looks like as a toddler and what the next bun(s) in the oven will look like too! :)

Great Chapter! Looking forward to the next one! Have a great rest of your weekend! <3
  • Options
    QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    @TwinkiesLA There should be toddlers in the upcoming chapter ^^
    I played again on Saturday and... I only checked for freckles on one sim :joy: So there's one toddler with freckles and one without... Maybe there are more, maybe not :P

I always check how the kids will look like as young adults as soon as they hit todderlhood. Imo he'll look awesome! :love:

@Karababy52
    Sometimes even more often... Maybe it was a bug and it's fixed by now but it was super annoying!

I forgot to check :D Ah, yes, my brain...

It's my new normal now :joy:

It was back then but it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.
    Amazing how my sims always look good, huh? ^^

I've read about that many times on the Internet and it sometimes is in movies, too ^^

And the total ignorance from my side :D

I have a third aspiration planned for him. One that's easy but I don't like it... A base game one... Maybe you can guess it ;) Not gonna say more :p

Maybe she was stuck. But as she's a ghost I would have enjoyed her being stuck. Less broken things. I went over to replacing them instead of repairing them by now.

I bought all the stuff she needs. It says I should make her dig in trash cans and all that stuff to look for things for the frabricator. As if I had time for that!

Yeah, his freckles were probably covered up by makeup?

I love The Crown! I'm addicted to it! I watched the whole new season in almost one day only :D And one episode is about an hour long :# Now I don't have anything to watch left... Maybe I'll give that Bridgerton or whatever it's called a try.

I don't wish for twins/triplets this time. (Maybe it'll work >:) )

The one sliding is Kaden and the other one is Nathan :) Those two are obsessed with the waterslide the most.

Super pretty of course :p Look at the parents :D

Thank you :)

Have a nice start into the week! <3
  • Options
    TwinkiesLATwinkiesLA Posts: 181 Member
    edited January 2021
    Yay! I can't wait for the new chapter!
    Cool! I am so excited for Louis to age up to a YA now because you said that :). I hope he gets Mabel's awesome eyes (those eyes have become my favorite in Sims after her ;)).
    source.gif

Gallery ID: Shockmsd
    Forum Name: TwinkiesLA
  • Options
    @TwinkiesLA The next chapter will come Saturday :)
    I've never used Mabel's eyes when I created sims but I totally agree with you, they're awesome! I can't tell you if Louis or one of the other kids that will follow will have those eyes ;) I tend to give way too many spoilers anyway :D
  • Options
    I can't wait for Saturday!
    That is so great that Louis or one of the kids has the eyes! I am using them in CAS more often now, and all the sims I make with her eyes turn out stunning!
    source.gif

• Options
    @Queenarella
    Wow, that would be super annoying. I remember when I did have pets they would get sick, but I didn't think it was anything like every three days so perhaps it is a bug.

Well, I guess you've probably gotten used to playing large families with lots of kids by now! ;)
    You get so lucky every time with elders aging up. I'm jealous! :D

Huh, I must live in a cave or something since I've never heard of that.

Hmm, I have no idea which one that would be. I guess I'll just have to wait and be surprised. ;)

True, would've worked to your advantage. ;)

That's the only way to get 'bits and pieces' though without cheating. Recycling stuff, looking in trash cans and dumpster diving. They use those to 'pay for' or 'make' the furniture and decorations.

Must've been, I thought the blond guy was a fellow castmate or something, not him! :D

I've heard good things about it, we just don't have cable so no way to watch it. Oh well...

Hope it works out for you! :D

Cool! I thought maybe one of them could be James since he seemed to like it when he was alive too. :)

You're welcome and I hope you have a great rest of your week! :)
  • Options
    @TwinkiesLA Soon Saturday will be around :) It's already Wednesday.
    Uh, I think I lead you on a wrong path here :sweat_smile: I didn't mean to say there will be Mabel's eyes on one of the kids, just maybe ^^

@Karababy52
    I hope it's a bug! I know that elder pets fall sick all the time but even my adult pets were constantly sick :/

I totally have :D Tho 10 kids is on a different level. But not as hard as it sounds. Maybe just don't pick the first generation to try for that point tho :joy:

I'm lucky with my elders but my elders aren't lucky with me :D I ignore them with all my heart.

It's usually in "dumb" movies :sweat_smile: Or maybe it was in shows?

I'm pretty sure you don't like that aspiration either :p I don't want a heir or spouse to have this aspiration so Mark has to do it :D I think he'll like it.

Ah, ok. I only bought that wax stuff? :D I wanted to make candles only...

That shows how much the right hair color and style make a sim a sim lol

You can't watch it with cable. It's a Netflix Original so it's only available there :)

I wish I could answer to this sentence :D Did it work out? Who knows ;)

James uses it a lot as a ghost, too! But these two were Nathan and Kaden :)

Have a great day! <3
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Yeah I guess it will be almost Saturday, just two more days.
    Darn it, well I am still hoping that one of the kids have her eyes, they are so majestic :smiley:! Also, I think it was me who misunderstood ;).
    Post edited by TwinkiesLA on
    source.gif

• Options
    @TwinkiesLA And now I made you wait extra long :| I thought I could correct a project in 2 hours and then post the new chapter but... It took me almost 5 hours! And then I had to clean and do laundry first or it'd be too late for that... But I'm working on the chapter now :)
    As long as it's cleared I think we're fine ^^
  • Options
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Oh, not to worry! I was super busy too.
    The wedding was quite cute <3. Congrats to Mabel, my first sims to go to university got a distinguished Psychology Degree at Foxbury :). Well, there will be a toddler in the next chapter I am sure of it (hopefully with freckles and Mabel's eyes)!
    source.gif

• Options
    @Queenarella
    I hope so too!

Certainly sounds hard to me. o.O

Poor elders. :'( I get it though.

Maybe both?

Hmm, must be some kind of criminal aspiration. Maybe...

Ah, okay. I think you still need bits or pieces to make candles though.

Very true!

Oh okay. Well we don't have Netflix either. :D

YOU know. :D You just don't want to spoil anything!

Cool, I figured he did.

Current chapter:
    Hey Mark! Lookin' fine as always. :)

Aww, another hallway elopement. At least it didn't happen in the bathroom. ;)

So weird what the game decides is a Masterpiece. It almost always is something silly like the one Perla painted.

Congrats to Mabel for getting into University! I can't even begin to guess what career she's going for with Psychology. Okay, I cheated and looked it up on Google so I have a guess now. But I'll wait and see if I'm correct before saying which one. ;)

Poor Mark being all hesitant over drinking. Guess I don't blame him for not wanting to be a lush. :D And the "Do you have a tail?" from Mabel cracked me up! :D

Oh my! Hello there gorgeous! Great to see Tom strutting by. <3 Too bad they all ignored him. :D

When Sims get to a certain level in baking they can decorate the macarons and then they are colorful. :)

Ah man, so your Sims have the autonomous cooking even with leftovers in the fridge bug, eh? Bummer. I hope they fix that soon! o.O

Have a great Sunday! <3
  • Options
    @TwinkiesLA It's awful that we were busy on a Saturday! There should be only fun things to do on the weekend ^^
    That's the seventh wedding in this house and it's the sixth that looked like this :D I can't guarantee there will be toddlers yet :joy:

@Karababy52
    It's a crime but not a criminal aspiration ^^

I don't know why but I don't want Mabel to dive into a trash can or similar :sweat_smile:

Netflix is soooo cool :D I barely have time to use it but it is cool lol

I know everything B) Except the bits I keep forgetting lol
    Markyboy ^^

I hate when sims die in the bathroom because it's so hard to take screenshots there. So no eloping there :p

With abstract paintings it's even worse :joy: Some look like someone met their breakfast again and *bam* it's a masterpiece -.- But with abstract paintings it's similar in real life lol

Oh how the turntables! I am too curious to know your guess :p What career will Mabel take in your opinion?

I don't know if it's just my elders but when there's a bar in the house and you let them loose... Oh boy... So his worries are realistic :sweat_smile:

Tom comes by or calls at least once a day. When I see Mabel's phone ringing I know it's him.

That's a cool fact to know, thank you! The only sim ever to bake in my game was Sophie tho :sweat_smile:

Wait, that's a bug? o.O I played all this before the two patches came out tho. Maybe it's fixed by now? Haven't really played since then.

Have a great Sunday, too! <3
  • Options
    I know, we shouldn't be busy on the weekends. I guess it is just a part of life :'(.
    I used to be lazy with weddings as well ;) until my sims got rich through cheats :). It is not a guarantee but I still enjoy the story without them <3. Also, sim toddlers are the bane of my existence :D.
    source.gif

• Options
    @TwinkiesLA Adulting is so hard. I wish I was a little kid again :D
    My sims aren't poor (5.8 million or so ^^) but I'm just too lazy to throw parties in general :D And all the townies in the house... ugh!

Sim toddlers are so cute but exhausting. I always want twins or triplets but they are soooo much work :D There were only two sets of tiwns so far. No triplets... In the legacy I mean ^^ Or was it only one set ot twins?
  • Options
    Yeah, I know :)
    I know that your family is rich :) all that career maxing has to have done it :p. I meant that I think "why the heck not I'm rich anyway". I do hate townies in the house (or at the front door). Once I had a nanny that stalked all my sim families, until there was an accident that involved a walled pool :D. Toddlers are a lot of work, too much for my brain to handle :). I have never had triplets before, but the work makes me have semi nightmares :p.
    source.gif

• Options
    @Queenarella
    Gah! I'm so, so sorry I'm so late with this. I don't know how I missed you'd replied. o.O

Hmm, very interesting. I'm intrigued! :)

Probably because it doesn't seem like something she'd do. I get that. Just like how I will NEVER have any of my Sims woo hoo in those nasty things. o.O Ewwwww!

I agree. We've had it before, just didn't watch much on it to keep paying for it, so stopped getting it. *shrugs*

:D Well you have a lot on your plate right now. It's understandable.
    The more I see him, the more I realize just how handsome he is! He really seems like such a good guy, but those eyes give him a dangerous edge too. I bet he won't stay unmarried for long once MCCC gets it's hooks in him. ;)

The perils of small rooms, I've had that happen before. Really sad we you can't even get in their to plead for them. I've been trying to have my Sims elope outside lately. :)

I know! It's ridiculous! They can paint something that looks like it was done by a renaissance master and be worth peanuts. But hey, throw some paint on a canvas like Jackson 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and you got yourself a masterpiece! 🙄

Hmm, I really have no idea. You said it's a crime, but not criminal. Such a puzzle.... maybe Politician? You said I'd hate it too, and I hate politics. :D

Maybe they just figure, hey, I'm old, I've got nothing better to do, and nowhere to go so let's get sloshed! :D

Aww, poor Tom. Does he still have any pink in his romance bar for her? Maybe she should 'ask to be just friends.' Or perhaps you like seeing Mr. Hotness stopping by all the time. :D

You're welcome! I only know that because I've explored baking and having a bakery many times in this game. :)

As of the last patch I believe it has not been fixed. I don't see it in my game, but my Sims don't have autonomy so I wouldn't anyway. I've watched some LPs though and it happens still for them. :/

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Today were pretty good. ;) Rest of the week though, at least weather wise is supposed to be nasty. o.O You try to have a great rest of your week though! <3
  • Options
    @TwinkiesLA
    Stalking townies can be so annoying! For me it's usually Vlad. He visits my sims almost every night, he's every vendor in every stall and he visits every lot my sims visit :D But he's the only premade I haven't deleted (or who has died of old age) in my legacy save ^^

Triplets are cute and rare. The work you have to put into triplet toddlers is exhausting. Once I've played a single sim. She had a baby and was pregnant again shortly afterwards. Triplets. I had four toddlers then! :s I deleted the save :joy:

@Karababy52
    No problem at all ^^

Mabel seems more like a posh sim. Down to earth and not snobby but too "fine" to dig around in other people's trash :D Oh gosh, I totally forgot your sims could woohoo in trash... :|

I have amazon prime and netflix. Pay for both and barely have time to use it :joy: Money well spent... :D

I had two awesome lessons this week in English. One about the Queen (of England) with a super funny intro (who am I game) and today a viewing lessong about a movie called "The Queen's Corgi". Such a funny and cute animation film! My seminar teacher praised me today because the lessons showed how much I enjoy teaching :) Made my day!
    I totally agree. His eyes make Mark look kinda crazy. But he's a lovely sim, does a lot in the house, cares a lot about his sister's kids and a lot more. My plan for him will include some fun ;) He deserves it. Oh by the way, now that you mention marrying. One of the former contestants got married :) Yaro! He was the first to leave the challenge and I think the others will get married off soon too now :)

Am I a bad simmer because I barely let my sims plead for a second chance? :sweat_smile: Yeah well, outside would be a good option but there are so many thunder storms going on lately :/

The hearts are a censor, aren't they? What name is so bad it's censored? :joy: Ok, I know a few names that sound naughty but duh :D And yes, the masterpiece alogrithm is super weird lol

Nope, no new career :) It's an aspiration :p

Mabel and Tom are "only good friends". But they're almost maxed in the friendship bar so I guess that's why he keeps visiting. And he's friends with Mark, for whatever reason :D

I've only had one sim try baking and that was Sophie ^^ There was so much bread in the fridge! Most of it got spoiled :/

Well, it's a bug I can live with. It's not like the ghosts cook every night, finish some meals, start new ones with old ones not even in a pot or pan... Ghosts are kinda annoying lol At least they can scare sims now. Poor Adrian tho :D There will be some screenshots soon ^^ He already was tense from ghostly meows, remember?

I couldn't care less about the weather as I'm locked inside because of the lockdown anyway :D

Have a great day! <3
  • Options
    Those saves can be so tough :smiley:
    Vlad is one of the worst stalkers ever if he becomes one :). I really feel you for deleting that save :D, I had a sim toddler that was so needy I just aged her up before her birthday B).

I kind of don't want triplets... the babies are also exhausting too! I always get unlucky with needy babies :#. 4 toddlers is the stuff of nightmares, I can't even handle two :p.
    source.gif

• Options
    @Queenarella ;
    I'd say that's a great description of Mabel! :)

Both of those lessons sound like a lot of fun! I can see why you'd get praised for them. Congrats! :)

Yes he does deserve to have some fun! Fantastic news about Yaro getting married! Yay! There's hope now the rest of this Gen's bachelors. \o/

No, considering you always have such big families and it frees up room in the Legacy house. Opps! Forgot about thunderstorms, good point.

Oh for pity's sake. I guess it is considered slang for Polish people, but it's the real last name of a very famous artist too. :|

Hmm, I have no idea at this point. Oh wait, it's not Serial Romantic is it? *gasp* o.O

Ah, okay, that makes sense then.

I think I remember that now about Sophie, at least you complaining about all the baked goods in the house. :D

The fact ghosts can now scare Sims is a big plus in my book! It makes them feel more like real ghosts! Oh dear, poor Adrian, curious what's going to happen to him. o.O

Well it's not fun to drive in a blizzard with windy whiteout conditions, slow traffic and cars sliding in the ditch in front of you because your boss said you had to get a Covid test before you could come back to work. Which is exactly what happened to us today since Hubby took off work with a sore throat. o.O Cross your fingers he doesn't have it. :/

Hope you have a fantastic weekend! <3
  • Options
    @TwinkiesLA
    Back when toddlers were newly added to the game I was so excited! But then I played with one and I was shocked at how hard they are to handle o.O

Babies are annoying and boring :D It's even worse when you have a lot of sims in the house who can care for them. Someone always blocks the way. Even worse with ghosts :D

@Karababy52
    One thing I noticed about Mabel is that she gained some extra pounds during the bachelorette part. And even more with the babies ^^ I might let her stay chubby, she rocks those curves. Or I'll send her on the treadmill.

Thank you :) I had a lot of fun preparing them ^^

I squealed so loud when I saw the notification :) No curse for the bachelors this time!

Bahahaha, imagine your last name is offensive :joy:

Well, Mark will have a lot of fun :) That's all I'm saying.

It took forever to scroll down to the "normal" meals in the fridge. It doesn't take long to bake in the game so the fridge was stuffed with baking goods ^^

Maybe you'll feel better when I say that I have no idea if ghosts can scare a sim to death ;)

Good luck that the test will end up negative!

Have a lovely weekend! <3

Off to write the chapter now!
  • Options
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    I loved this chapter!
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    A new chapter! I am so excited!
    Babies and toddlers... I know lol.

Even though he has no freckles or Mabel eyes (yes that is their name now :)) Louis is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dreamy o:)<3<3<3! I love that he has the strong bloodline trait and he is a merman... he might just have my vote for Gen 8 :). Depends on the other kids though :D.

I do hope it is twins or triplets... I can't believe she is so huge!

I really miss Loki and I was glad to see him <3.

Adrian: How is your study going?
    Mabel: Oh, great. Well, I’ve punched some people in the head with my huge belly but otherwise it’s going smoothly. LOL :D:D!

So sad about Rose :'(, she had a good life though... with a lot of woohoo >:).

Grim being in the wrong room made me laugh :).
    source.gif

• Options
    @Queenarella
    I noticed she'd gained a little, but I think you're right, she does look good with more curves. :) She's a Mom now, it's expected.

Thank God for that! I was getting worried when you showed Tom still showing up, perhaps hoping he could lure Mabel away from Adrian. Thankfully you let me know that wasn't the case. :)

Ugh, I'd change it. :D

Ooo, very interesting. Maybe HE'S the one that gets the Serial Romantic aspiration, eh? ;)

When my Sims were learning how to bake, I had them throw away all their baked goods. A big waste? Probably, but they could afford it. :)

I'm not worried, unfortunately (but fortunate for Adrian) ghosts can't scare Sims to death. Boo! :/

It was negative, thank God! :)

Current Chapter:
    Louis is absolutely adorable! Yay, he's a merman and has a strong bloodline!

Adore the convo between Mark and his Moms, so funny! Not surprised they both discovered the wonders of the bar. It's a family tradition at this point. :D

Was it night time when Louis was talking to the stuffed toys? If so, they're sleeping.

What's exciting about potty training? I don't get it. :D

You want twins or triplets because they're soooo darn cute! Especially if they end up identical! ;)

Aww, so cute Loki sleeping by Louis! He's such a cool cat. :)

Oh no! Did not see that coming, well I did, but it's still always a surprise. Bye for now Rose, we'll see you soon though, I'm sure of it! ;)

Perla complained? About what? Are you sure she wasn't just chewing out Grim for taking her wife away? So sad Sims don't wake up when important events happen around them. They're so unaware of their surroundings, it's sad.

Aww, such a sad pic of Louis crying. I hate when toddlers cry. :( It's weird he'd be crying or any toddlers for that matter when someone dies. They're too young to understand about death. It's not very realistic.

Okay, the screenie of Adrian playing with Louis just melts my heart. Favorite of this chapter! <3

So Perla still has a proclivity to use the bush instead of a toilet. What a weirdo! She's been like that right from the beginning. :D

Anyway, fun chapter! I can't wait for next week when I'm sure we'll finally get to see the baby(ies)!

Have a great rest of your weekend! <3