Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

question bout thermostate

will one service the whole house even the basement or will I need to put one in the basement too?
and how about the 2nd floor?

Comments

• Options
    SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    As far as I know it’s the entire house.
  • Options
    bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    hmm lol anyone know where to look for it or is it just automatically in ea house? thanks in advance.
  • Options
    bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    found it its with the alarms...
  • Options
    zellybeaniezellybeanie Posts: 51 Member
    The bills are NUTS in my game since I added the thermostat. They were high before, but goodness!
    My gameplay blog: http://zeedunsim.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Charleigh667Charleigh667 Posts: 19 Member
    The bills are NUTS in my game since I added the thermostat. They were high before, but goodness!

Same here!
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member

Oh no! I'm dreading my Sims bills now. They are too poor. :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,499 Member
    Any chance anyone can share the numbers? I’m curious and can’t play just yet
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    This reminds me I went through a whole 7 day period and never got bills at all.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Does it affect the greenhouse even if its not attached to the house?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    GwinTGwinT Posts: 2 New Member
    How is the thermostat supposed to affect my sims anyway? I am in autumn and its a cold day. I bought a thermostat and set it to warm and I am disappointed to see my sims walking around the house in winter coats. I think I expected them to use normal clothes when at home with thermostat on and then change to warm clothing when they go outside? Does anyone have the same issue?
  • Options
    Any chance anyone can share the numbers? I’m curious and can’t play just yet

I’d say my bills went up a good 10-15k simoleons. And this was with using MC Command Center to lower the percentage. My house isn’t THAT big I’ll have to turn off the thermostat until necessary.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,499 Member
    What the...my bills were originally around 10-11k now I put the thermostat only had it for about 2 days and it came to 41.5k. Luckily I have 400k but how is a poorer family supposed to be able to afford this!? They’ve should’ve added wall-in acs or fans
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    My sims complain if I turn it off and claim the house feels like a morgue. :joy:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    What the...my bills were originally around 10-11k now I put the thermostat only had it for about 2 days and it came to 41.5k. Luckily I have 400k but how is a poorer family supposed to be able to afford this!? They’ve should’ve added wall-in acs or fans

Right?! I was shocked. I wonder how it’s calculated by EA, because it’s absolutely mad.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Oh wow. I think I'll wait till they're really feeling the cold before turning the thermostat on! And stick some comfy sweaters into the "Cold" category. A lot of my builds don't have room for a fireplace. I've read Hot Chocolate is supposed to help too. And for summer, ice cream.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    GwinT wrote: »
    How is the thermostat supposed to affect my sims anyway? I am in autumn and its a cold day. I bought a thermostat and set it to warm and I am disappointed to see my sims walking around the house in winter coats. I think I expected them to use normal clothes when at home with thermostat on and then change to warm clothing when they go outside? Does anyone have the same issue?

what i notied is a positive moodlet when its the right temp (winter have the heater on) i think though if its just off the house will get cold/hot and be uncomfortable especially during heat waves and blizzards.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Would house size make a difference? Like a smaller house would have smaller bills?

I think we really need those solar panels from "Off the Grid" now...
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    That's such a huge difference haha. I think my Sims will just have to huddle by the fireplace once winter rolls around.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Would house size make a difference? Like a smaller house would have smaller bills?

I think we really need those solar panels from "Off the Grid" now...

I've asked on Twitter. Meantime, a whole bunch of Sims are just not getting thermostats!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Now I understand why no one but the head of house should ever touch the thermostat :joy:

the astronomical bills are kind of realistic lol
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    fungamer2fungamer2 Posts: 40 Member
    If you don't put a thermostat in the house, will the sims still feel the effects of the weather? Like a cold house or hot house?
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    fungamer2 wrote: »
    If you don't put a thermostat in the house, will the sims still feel the effects of the weather? Like a cold house or hot house?

As I've read, yes they will...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

yeah they like doubled....I like it because some of my sims make money too easy. The sims that are struggling are really struggling now LOL Might need invest in a fireplace to keep the bills down in the winter. Anyone know if the fireplace will keep the whole house warmer or will I need one for each room?
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    fungamer2 wrote: »

I can confirm yes..during a heatwave my sims were complaining. I had to buy a thermostat to cool the house LOL.
  • Options
    fungamer2fungamer2 Posts: 40 Member
    @paradiseplanet and @keekee53, thank you so much for letting me know. I was looking at other threads and couldn't find my answer. It will now help me out in my gameplay...hehehe >:)>:)