Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not So Berry Legacy Challenge

Comments

• Options
    FaoiltearnaFaoiltearna Posts: 767 Member
    I know this is probably a silly question but what packs do I need for this challenge? like to play it the whole way through - my other saves are getting stale and I want a proper challenge and to push my game play

Hey @PastelMermaid , you should be able to get through it with Get To Work, Get Together, and City Living.
  • Options
    AmandaZormanAmandaZorman Posts: 4 New Member
    I really want to do this challenge but I don't own the movie hangouts stuff pack or parenthood expansion pack. :(

Maybe I can cut corners and do stuff (like I do the things required on the Superparent aspiration) without it being in the game?

Has anyone else managed to do the challenge like this? Or anyone else in my position?
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I know this is probably a silly question but what packs do I need for this challenge? like to play it the whole way through - my other saves are getting stale and I want a proper challenge and to push my game play

Hey @PastelMermaid , you should be able to get through it with Get To Work, Get Together, and City Living.

Perfection! Thank you!
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    jamiebunz275jamiebunz275 Posts: 1 New Member
    Is an expansion pack needed for all the different careers? Like Critic?
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member

Back on p23 @Eternaltrickster posted a handy dandy list of what packs you need for the whole challenge, so I'll quote them here:
    I believe you need
    For mint:
    Get to Work
    City Living

Rose:
    City Living

Yellow:
    Get to Work

Grey:
    City Living
    Movie Stuff (I think thats what its called?)
    Parenthood

Plum
    Get Together
    Get to Work

Orange:
    Get to Work
    City Living

Pink:
    City Living
    Spa Day

Peach:
    Get to Work

Green:
    Outdoor Retreat

Blue:
    Parenthood
    City Living

So to sum it up, in order to do everything in the challenge, you need:
    Get to Work
    City Living
    Movie Stuff
    Parenthood
    Get Together
    Spa Day
    Outdoor Retreat

Have fun! I keep meaning to post some of my own pics. My 8th Peach gen heir, Blossom, is rapidly approaching old age, and I'm now focusing on her teenage son, 9th gen heir Forrest.
  • Options

Back on p23 @Eternaltrickster posted a handy dandy list of what packs you need for the whole challenge, so I'll quote them here:
    I believe you need
    For mint:
    Get to Work
    City Living

Rose:
    City Living

Yellow:
    Get to Work

Grey:
    City Living
    Movie Stuff (I think thats what its called?)
    Parenthood

Plum
    Get Together
    Get to Work

Orange:
    Get to Work
    City Living

Pink:
    City Living
    Spa Day

Peach:
    Get to Work

Green:
    Outdoor Retreat

Blue:
    Parenthood
    City Living

So to sum it up, in order to do everything in the challenge, you need:
    Get to Work
    City Living
    Movie Stuff
    Parenthood
    Get Together
    Spa Day
    Outdoor Retreat

Have fun! I keep meaning to post some of my own pics. My 8th Peach gen heir, Blossom, is rapidly approaching old age, and I'm now focusing on her teenage son, 9th gen heir Forrest.

Oh my plumbob, this was so helpful.
    Where I've spent so much time reading this thread I didn't even see this - luckily I had time to nab outdoor retreat as I only just started mint a couple days ago and my work schedule doesn't leave much simming time (thank the stars for days off)

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    ccarrig_95ccarrig_95 Posts: 525 Member
    So I need some opinions on if this is a good idea or not. My second gen heiress, Rosalina (original I know haha) just aged to a teen. I having the teen pregnancy mod and was thinking of having her get pregnant by her high school boyfriend a couple days before she ages to YA. They plan to get married before their child comes but she leaves him at the altar and stays living with her parents. She buries herself in work and her mother, who is a stay at home best selling author, watches the child. By the time her parents die the child is old enough to take care of themself and barely interacts with the mother who is never home. I think it might be a good idea.
    I1VZWOJ.jpg
    (Top left to bottom right)Edur Zahrah, Cinderella, Tiana, Pocahantas, Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Emerson, Nicole, Traci, Addisyn
  • Options
    KrystalBethKrystalBeth Posts: 14 New Member
    [quote="ccarrig_95;c-16937386"]So I need some opinions on if this is a good idea or not. My second gen heiress, Rosalina (original I know haha) just aged to a teen. I having the teen pregnancy mod and was thinking of having her get pregnant by her high school boyfriend a couple days before she ages to YA. They plan to get married before their child comes but she leaves him at the altar and stays living with her parents. She buries herself in work and her mother, who is a stay at home best selling author, watches the child. By the time her parents die the child is old enough to take care of themself and barely interacts with the mother who is never home. I think it might be a good idea. [/quote]

That seems like a good idea. I had to give my mint generation a youth potion to give them time to bond with yellow.
  • Options
    ccarrig_95 wrote: »
    So I need some opinions on if this is a good idea or not. My second gen heiress, Rosalina (original I know haha) just aged to a teen. I having the teen pregnancy mod and was thinking of having her get pregnant by her high school boyfriend a couple days before she ages to YA. They plan to get married before their child comes but she leaves him at the altar and stays living with her parents. She buries herself in work and her mother, who is a stay at home best selling author, watches the child. By the time her parents die the child is old enough to take care of themself and barely interacts with the mother who is never home. I think it might be a good idea.

That seems like a good idea. I had to give my mint generation a youth potion to give them time to bond with yellow.

Thankfully my mint generation had kids younger than I was planning. He and his wife will be around for a while. They just aged to adults and the rose heiress is a teen.
    I1VZWOJ.jpg
    (Top left to bottom right)Edur Zahrah, Cinderella, Tiana, Pocahantas, Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Emerson, Nicole, Traci, Addisyn
  • Options
    arilixearilixe Posts: 21 Member
    ccarrig_95 wrote: »

I like that idea.

This sounds like an interesting challenge. I think I am going to start it when the weekend comes around.

• Options
    So my gen 2 heiress is officially pregnant. Not sure who the father is but once the child is born she plans to marry him but will ultimately leave him at the altar and focus on herself and her career. Making sure her child has everything he/she needs in life.
    I1VZWOJ.jpg
  • Options
    I haven't gone for the skies with the names in my NSB challenge but I think I'm going to stick with the first letter of my heirs name beginning with the same generation theme.. Mckenzie - Mint and of course, last name.. Berry

BUT NOW I'm wondering …
    - Rose - she has had twin boys recently - Rory & Romeo

- Yellow
    - Grey
    - Plum
    - Orange
    - Pink
    - Peach
    - Green
    - Blue

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    Is the yellow gen allowed to rekindle their relationship with their child? I think it would be a great idea once her parents die to rekindle with her child.
    I1VZWOJ.jpg
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    I wanted to share my Plum generation's first home (beside the one he grew up in). I choose to start his young adult life in San Myshuno. It's such a challenge to create homes dedicated to one color but it's also a lot of fun!

rGyKHgx.png
    Y2xMERF.png
    JGrYXt6.png
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    swcheppes wrote: »
    I wanted to share my Plum generation's first home (beside the one he grew up in). I choose to start his young adult life in San Myshuno. It's such a challenge to create homes dedicated to one color but it's also a lot of fun!

rGyKHgx.png
    Y2xMERF.png
    JGrYXt6.png

I know what you mean! My rose sim is a teen but her dad is my mint gen heir. Making their house mint was pretty difficult but it's one of my favorite colors so I had a lot of fun creating their home. It is not complete yet but they definitely have the funds to make it perfect!
    I1VZWOJ.jpg
  • Options
    How did people handle grey generations failed relationships?

I'm honestly thinking I may need to kill them off as my Sims never argue or lose interest.
  • Options
    [quote="ccarrig_95;c-16946447"]Is the yellow gen allowed to rekindle their relationship with their child? I think it would be a great idea once her parents die to rekindle with her child.[/quote]

Yes. The rule is that they can't be close to anyone until after mint gen's death so I'd interpret that as they can bond with their family again afterwards.
  • Options
    EternaltricksterEternaltrickster Posts: 9 New Member
    @KrystalBeth

Yeah I just forced my sims to argue because otherwise they would have stayed together.
  • Options
    jlafasojlafaso Posts: 14 New Member
    Could anybody tell me if people have made other versions of this challenge? I would love to play especially if it has added some of the new packs to it.
  • Options
    MaddisansMaddisans Posts: 23 Member
    > @jlafaso said:
    > Could anybody tell me if people have made other versions of this challenge? I would love to play especially if it has added some of the new packs to it.

There is a base game version, some Sims 3 versions, and I think a more "hard core" version but it's not finished yet (but people are still doing it, it's floating around tumblr) I can't link it because I'm on my school computer and it has everything blocked.
  • Options
    > @KrystalBeth said:
    > How did people handle grey generations failed relationships?
    >
    > I'm honestly thinking I may need to kill them off as my Sims never argue or lose interest.

You could always have them ask the sim to "just be friends" a "failed" romantic relationship doesn't have to be a failed friendship, you know.
    Or if you want them to break up, make the other sim cheat on them and them catch them, this gives a reason as to argue and then ultimately break up.
  • Options
    Though I do have a question, I am nowhere near this generation but looking back at the rules I'm a bit concerned of something. In the Peach generation, you have to master the Detective career AND complete the Joke Star aspiration, but the requirements in that aspiration is to enter the entertainment career and then go up until you reach the comedian branch. So uh... what should I do at that point?
  • Options
    > @Maddisans said:
    > Though I do have a question, I am nowhere near this generation but looking back at the rules I'm a bit concerned of something. In the Peach generation, you have to master the Detective career AND complete the Joke Star aspiration, but the requirements in that aspiration is to enter the entertainment career and then go up until you reach the comedian branch. So uh... what should I do at that point?

Oh, I am a dumb-dumb. Completing the aspiration isn't required.
  • Options
    @Maddisans thank you for the response.
  • Options
    I was in generation 3 and decided I didn’t like the way it was going so I started over.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top