Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not So Berry Legacy Challenge

Comments

• ccarrig_95ccarrig_95 Posts: 525 Member
    Update: What should I do if my Rose generation has twins? Separate them or keep them both? Suggestions?

Ooh seperate them and lower their relationship. Maybe they become friends in school and realize they are twins when they become teens or YA. That would be fun.
    I1VZWOJ.jpg
    (Top left to bottom right)Edur Zahrah, Cinderella, Tiana, Pocahantas, Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Emerson, Nicole, Traci, Addisyn
  • ellizelliz Posts: 14 New Member
    Started my NSB legacy a few days ago. I've never wanted to try a challenge or legacy before, but I liked how this one has unique goals for each generation, so I thought I'd give it a shot!!

I made my founders as a couple, Jade and Jasper Iris (Iris being the Greek mythology embodiment of rainbows, I thought it was a fitting surname), and each generation will be named after gemstones or rocks or the like. Their son Garnet is currently a toddler.

I built a HUGE sprawling modern home with a separate in-law suite so the family can live here through the generations (except when the rules say otherwise), and I plan to revise the decor with each generation's colour scheme. Free real estate cheat used, of course, and I have to kaching some weeks to pay the bills..... :open_mouth: Will post pics of the house next time I play.

I usually play on long lifespans so playing on normal is immediately a challenge. I had a birthday party for Jade the other day and the entire household went into the red, then the dog died and the toddler was glitching so he wouldn't eat (he had a toy stuck in his hand, reset sim to the rescue!) so I had a few days of chaos for my founder's transition into full adulthood.....

Honestly, I can't wait until I have free time to play again! Thanks for creating such a FUN legacy challenge!!!
  • jlafasojlafaso Posts: 14 New Member
    How do you complete the Joke Star aspiration for generation 8 if you are supposed to be a deceptive?
  • RoggieBearRoggieBear Posts: 243 Member
    jlafaso wrote: »
    How do you complete the Joke Star aspiration for generation 8 if you are supposed to be a deceptive?

I think since it doesn't say you need to complete the aspiration that isn't a requirement... not positive on that though.
    ef9eb77d415cabaae36ff6de0598edad--tms-entertainment-cat-cat.jpg

Inspired +1 - Who isn't inspired after seeing the cutest thing ever come out of the banana they were eating?

RoggieBear
    [quote="RoggieBear;c-17133866"][quote="jlafaso;c-17127530"]How do you complete the Joke Star aspiration for generation 8 if you are supposed to be a deceptive? [/quote]

I think since it doesn't say you need to complete the aspiration that isn't a requirement... not positive on that though. [/quote]

I think you might be right now that you say that.
  • KrystalBethKrystalBeth Posts: 14 New Member
    No, completing Joke Star isn't a requirement.

As I've maxed gourmet cooking, piano and comedy and I'm on level 8 of the detective career as a young adult I'm considering doing it as an extra.
    [quote="KrystalBeth;c-17136986"]No, completing Joke Star isn't a requirement.

As I've maxed gourmet cooking, piano and comedy and I'm on level 8 of the detective career as a young adult I'm considering doing it as an extra.
    [/quote]

That’s so funny I was thinking that too.
  • LunaM00NLunaM00N Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm really enjoying this challenge so far! I'm currently on Generation Two, but I'm going in between the 'I'm a Lover Challenge' and this.
  • EmschmemEmschmem Posts: 84 Member
    The sims generated in this challenge are always so beautiful omg I think this has got to be the next one I try! (Currently doing off the grid!)
  • coodaidsimscoodaidsims Posts: 9 New Member
    I started this challenge a few days ago, I'm having the time of my life. (I think I'm addicted to it now.)
  • coodaidsimscoodaidsims Posts: 9 New Member
    I always get bored with legacies, so I attempted to start (and finish!) this one. I named my founder Myrtle Mint. I'm planning on naming the current sim with the first letter of the generation (like the Rose generation, and naming the kid with a name the starts with a R), but that might be challenging for the Yellow generation!

I moved Myrtle into a starter home in Brindleton Bay (sorry if I didn't spell it right), and of course made the house mint, with mint walls and mint furniture. I got everything set up, and made sure that Myrtle had everything she needed. After getting into gameplay for a few mintues, Vivian Lewis just turned up at my sim's door. I was thinking that Myrtle should have a friend. But her aspiration says that she needs to be disliked by two sims, so I just did the easiest thing and started hating on Vivian. In the end I fought her, and Myrtle didn't win. :o

Other than fighting Vivian, nothing exciting happened, career-wise at least. Although she did make a friend called Bonnie. And maybe I made a sim to be her lover. ;)
    Nine generations in and had my first genetic disappointment
  • DeDeplus3DeDeplus3 Posts: 199 Member
    I will post pictures of my not so berry sim, Mint Berry. Her fiancé is named Tobias Keller. He will be a stepdad to Rosalynda Berry. So fr for Mint she is level 10 mischief skill, completed aspiration, level 7 of the scientist career, and level 5 logic skill. Tobias and Mint are both adults. Rosalynda is a teen. I had to restart from my other not so berry because Mint died before she accomplished anything challenge related.
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    thanks @nerdfashion I'm actually rereading this challenge, it looks like everyone is having so much fun I might start it up again. I got a new computer and lost all my saves a while ago, but this looks great!!

Have fun everyone!
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited July 2019
    Man, I had to change a LOT to be able to play this without Get Together, Get To Work, or Parenthood. Or Outdoor Retreat for the squeamish trait I guess.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• ProtectCredenceProtectCredence Posts: 12 New Member
    file:///C:/Users/Siena/Documents/Electronic%20Arts/The%20Sims%204/Screenshots/Not%20So%20Berry/NSB%201/Gen%206%20-%20Alani%20Cora%20(Orange)/TS4_x64%202019-07-18%2015-18-45.png
    I wanted to post a pic of my gen 6 heir, let me know if y'all can see it (it sucks that I can't post a pic normally)
    > @ProtectCredence said:
    > file:///C:/Users/Siena/Documents/Electronic%20Arts/The%20Sims%204/Screenshots/Not%20So%20Berry/NSB%201/Gen%206%20-%20Alani%20Cora%20(Orange)/TS4_x64%202019-07-18%2015-18-45.png
    > I wanted to post a pic of my gen 6 heir, let me know if y'all can see it (it plum that I can't post a pic normally)

If y'all can see it, let me know if y'all want to see the gens before her
    @ProtectCredence it doesn't show the photo.
    Not even started Blue Generation but I've already planned out the next 11 generations goals, colours and careers.
  • ccarrig_95ccarrig_95 Posts: 525 Member
    Not even started Blue Generation but I've already planned out the next 11 generations goals, colours and careers.

That is so awesome. If you are able to I would love to know what you did for the 11 generations.
    I1VZWOJ.jpg
    (Top left to bottom right)Edur Zahrah, Cinderella, Tiana, Pocahantas, Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Emerson, Nicole, Traci, Addisyn
  • tgarrou1tgarrou1 Posts: 7 New Member
    I may just be clueless but what does the ‘Not So Berry’ part mean???? I never heard that term before. What is a ‘Berry Sim’?
    @tgarrou1 Berry sims are sims that are all one colour e.g. pink skin, pink hair, pink eyes and pink skin. This is the not so berry challenge as whilst each sim has an assigned colour theme, they don't have to be completely painted the colour of that gen.
    @ccarrig_95 Shall do, I just want to play test it a little first to make sure my next 11 generations goals are genuinely achievable.

My overall goal is to hit 26 generations as there's an in game achievement and my first 10 generarions have gone ridiculously quickly.
    I've literally been doing this challenge for a year and 3 months, I have 5 more gens to complete but I don't want to finish it. Bc I love my sims dearly and I feel weird just not playing w Not So Berry sims, I kinda want to continue playing w them even after the last gen...
  • tgarrou1tgarrou1 Posts: 7 New Member
    [quote="KrystalBeth;c-17175076"]@tgarrou1 Berry sims are sims that are all one colour e.g. pink skin, pink hair, pink eyes and pink skin. This is the not so berry challenge as whilst each sim has an assigned colour theme, they don't have to be completely painted the colour of that gen.[/quote]

Thank you so much!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top