The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• Options
    TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    edited October 2016
    Glad you got it working @HarleyQuinnSimmer! I hate having something that just doesn't work. That's no fun at all.

I can read spreadsheets and open and save them and we've hit my limit on spreadsheet knowledge so you guys are pretty :open_mouth: . You all deserve :cookie: 's for everything you've done for those of us like me.

And I grabbed the Skylight Studio and Olympian Physique (a venue I only bought because I'm trying to own the store). Next tomorrow I'm grabbing BahHaus, Luxury Resort Attire and Palace of Versailles. Hopefully for the green download button or just a few points if I miscalculated. Yay!!
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 5,010 Member
    JoeJude16 wrote: »
    Heck, I'm such a geek. Not only have I found people to talk Sims with, but now I'm talking spreadsheets!

^Loved it!! Sims and spreadsheets. It may sound crazy but I find both are great escapes from OE.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    edited October 2016
    @Tamaek
    BahHaus = less than 754 CYS
    Luxury resort attire = less than 580 CYS
    Palace of Versailles = less than 792 CYS
    For these sets to be free
    Be sure to check the CYS for free tab on the spreadsheet to help with future purchases.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    edited October 2016
    @angeljess26 BahHaus and Palace of Versailles are a go then. I can't check Luxury Resort Attire because it is still on sale and it doesn't show me my price it shows the CYS + Sale price so I hope I got it right but the other two are a good sign. I did the calculations using the formulas and the calculator and checking how much I've spent by looking at the set without being logged in to get the individual prices of everything from the set I own. If I didn't get it perfect it should be close. Here's hoping. ^_^ Thank you.
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Here is the list for the Current Deal and the upcoming deals for the next 24ish hours.
    • Note that Deal 202 is the only time Bayside Kitchen is offered BUT the saving is only 1%. :'(
    • Deal 201 is for the Classic Gumball Machine . This premium item is included in Regency Arcade, October 2011 Compilation and Go All In Compilation. You pay 120 sp for the item and it reduces your CYS by 245 sp in October 2011 Compilation and Go All In Compilation. Unfortunately, the Regency Arcade is not eligible for CYS.
    • Deal 204 is the green deal for BahHaus

Current Deal Started Oct/21/16 at 6:54 PM
    197 ) Le Cirque Nouveau- Little Drama Curls Hairstyle / 39 / 109 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Le Cirque Nouveau; Le Cirque Celebration!
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

Upcoming Deals
    198 ) Le Cirque Nouveau- Diva Plava Hairstyle / 37 / 50 / 26% / 2 hours
    Part of: Le Cirque Nouveau; Le Cirque Celebration!

199 ) Boho Vintage Women's Collection / 752 / 1584 / 53% / 2 hours
    Part of: September 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 64 but less than # 740, # 531)

200 ) Pump-less Waterwork Sink / 44 / 75 / 41% / 2 hours
    Part of: Provence; World Inspiration Compilation, Charmingly Simple Kitchen Collection

This is a 3-hour deal
    201 ) Classic Gumball Machine / 120 / 273 / 56% / 3 hours
    Part of: Regency Arcade; October 2011 Compilation; Go All In Compilation

202 ) Bayside Kitchen / 494 / 499 / 1% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Bayside Set; 3 items included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD, but note the deal only is a 1% savings

203 ) City Never Sleeps / 39 / 68 / 43% / 2 hours
    Part of: Viva Las Vegas Bedroom; Go All In Compilation; October 2011 Compilation

204 ) BahHaus / 513 / 1350 / 62% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 204, # 498, # 186)

205 ) The Sims Classic- Forever Redwood Potted Tree / 14 / 25 / 44% / 2 hours
    Part of: Welcome Back to Three Lakes; Killer Classics; January 2012 Compilation

206 ) Africa Inspired: City Side Braids / 25 / 100 / 75% / 2 hours
    Part of: Africa Inspiration Collection; Adventurous Life!; World Inspiration Compilation

207 ) Le Cirque Esprit- Little Jester's Gym Slide / 27 / 182 / 85% / 2 hours
    Part of: Le Cirque Esprit; Le Cirque Celebration!

208 ) Sun, Surf and Sand Dresser / 32 / 61 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: Island Villa; Island Escape Compilation; Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty

209 ) Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Lush Bloom Lily Vase / 14 / 25 / 44% / 2 hours
    Part of: Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    AuraKnight wrote: »
    Getting hundreds of points a day at the moment, too.

Man, I miss those days. About 50 a day is my average lately.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Tamaek wrote: »
    ...I grabbed the Skylight Studio and Olympian Physique (a venue I only bought because I'm trying to own the store). Next tomorrow I'm grabbing BahHaus, Luxury Resort Attire and Palace of Versailles. Hopefully for the green download button or just a few points if I miscalculated. Yay!!

I'm thrilled to have gotten Skylight, for the skylight pieces. I had some nice skylights from The Sims Resource, but can't use them to share with people who don't use CC, and these are different anyway. Passed on Olympian for now to conserve the points. Although there are pieces I really like, they aren't worth the price and can wait. And I got a "close enough" on Hacienda Luxury and grabbed it for 5 points today.

As much as I've been dying for BahHaus, it'll wait until next month when it will be available at a human hour. I did set a quiet reminder on my phone for tomorrow, in case I happen to be up early enough to catch the end of it. But that's not likely to happen. I am NOT a morning person. B)
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    How are you guys getting simpoints? Everytime I try alot of the ads I get freeze at the end. Also, any tips for being more organized on finding the deals you need and how you many points you need monthly?
  • Options
    @equuest, the ads are completely hit or miss. There seems to be little or no logic. People in the different countries definitely get different ads, but even within the same country some people get ads that work while others don't. What ads are you getting? Some have tricks that get you points anyway. Mostly the one with a black video box that doesn't play anything when you click the play button. If you slowly click twice in the black part of the screen it will usually give you the points. It took me some practice when someone told me about it, but now I almost always get it to work.

Other ads I just close as soon as I see them because I know they aren't going to "pay."

As for planning/tracking, we all use the spreadsheets Jodi (aka @Me1620) created and maintains. You can find the link to them on the first page of this thread. It lists the schedule for all upcoming Daily Deals with the prices. There are tabs that show what items are related to each other, and to track what you plan to purchase/when. It can be overwhelming, but start with the first two tabs and go from there. We are all here to help if you have questions on it.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    @equuest, also, jump on over to ♦ THE GIFTING DIRECTORY ♦ HAPPY FIFTH ANNIVERSARY! and introduce yourself. There are some very generous Simmers who will help out with your wishlist from time to time. Some times a little, some times a lot. And there's always some good conversation to be found.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    Tamaek wrote: »
    While on the subject of customer service and EA and Origin what do you guys think of the new look and interface for Origin?

@Tamaek, in these areas, I prefer function over form. And I'm really not excited about how much room Origin is taking up on my drive.

I've got an older 2-in-1 Toshiba Portege. It was not meant for gaming. In fact, I bought it specifically to create graphics. But my other laptop had to retire, so this became the one I use for everything. And it has two OSs installed on just a 60GB HD. I should probably just remove Linux (the OS incompatible with TS3), but I like to use it when I'm drawing. Really, I just need to get a new system. And I have been shopping around for the past month or so. But I'm trying to be careful with my purchase. I want something that can meet all of my needs, stand the test of time, and handle The Sims 3 with all of its EPs.

Still, I hate how much space Origin takes up on my drive, and I've thought about hunting down an earlier release of The Sims 3 so that I can play without it.
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    JovialJoy wrote: »
    ......Still, I hate how much space Origin takes up on my drive, and I've thought about hunting down an earlier release of The Sims 3 so that I can play without it.

Will an earlier release be compatible with all the later content?

I'm on MacOS and although space isn't an issue for me with a TB drive, I find that the game runs more smoothly if I launch directly from the game icon without going through Origin. But I only have hard copies of about half my EPs and less than half of my SPs, so I figure I'm pretty much stuck with them. But if you find a work around on Windows, especially without hard copies, please keep me posted, since I'm moving the Sims to it's own Windows system. Again, space won't be an issue, but it never hurts to keep the overhead down.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    JoeJude16 wrote: »
    Ok, so reviewing my Billing History I've discovered that apparently the only things in the store I've paid real money for are some worlds I bout on clearance at Wal-Mart one week last December (Roaring Heights, Dragon Valley, Monte Vista and Hidden Springs) and the Stones Throw Greenhouse, which I wanted enough to just pay money for. (Though waiting to make that purchase on DD would have saved me 1,000 SP)

So owning the store may have happened sooner had I found this thread sooner, but at least it hasn't cost me real money.
    Me1620 wrote: »
    I have been a Sims 3 store customer since it opened in 2009. Because CYS was not introduced until July 2013, because bonus ads were not available in Canada until I almost owned the store and the DD discounts were usually not more than 40% when I was actively stalking the DD, I did spend a lot of real money to own the store - a lot. I just went into my Billing History. Yikes! Between July 2009 and May 2014, I purchased 126,700 simpoints using real money. That cost me over $1000 or $200 a year. Shhh. Don't tell my family. That does not include what I paid for a couple of worlds purchased through Origin. While some of those points were used for gifting, I did receive many gifts from generous simmers, so that balances out. I did take advantage of sales and grabbed items whenever they were free. Imagine what I would have spent if I bought everything at full regular price. Regular prices for some of the sets were higher than today's prices as many sets had major price reductions a few years ago.

Now add what I spent on the base game, EPs and SPs to what I spent on simpoints. I have invested far too much in TS3 to move on to TS4.

I've been a Sims 3 Store customer on and off since shortly after the game was released. In fact, when I first started getting content off of there, I don't think there were any "Sets" yet. Just singular items. And, at that time, I wasn't willing to spend any money on it, but I snatched up whatever was free. Then, when I returned from my hiatus, I saw the DD feature and volumes of glorious content that I needed NOW! So, before I found this thread, I probably put down at least $250.00 on SimPoints. If I'd only explored the forums sooner... :# However, I think I managed to spend them in a fairly wise manner before I learned that Ads could really generate a tangible number of SPs and that the DD was not spontaneously generated! I own most of the Venues, some single items, and 42% of the Sets--though I realize some of those are doubles, but so are some of the 58% that I don't have. And I still have 4k SP left of the ones I actually purchased!

What's maybe odd is that I own more Store items than EPs or SPs. The only Expansion and Stuff Packs I have are Late Night and High End Loft--because they came bundled with The Sims 3.

By the way, to give you an idea of how much I haven't explored The Sims 3 page and all it has to offer--while I was trying to figure out how much real money I've spent at the Store, I discovered that I was given 1000 free SP back in 2010 and only just now "redeemed" them. :D
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • Options
    @JovialJoy, go up to "My Store Account" under your user name in the top left where you sign on. You may see an option to register the game. If so this will give you another 2,000 free points. They tossed those in at some point after the original 1,000 "welcome aboard" points were awarded.

And like I always tell people, check out eBay for EPs and SPs. Especially the SPs. For an average of about $2.50 US per set you get a lot of bang for your buck.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    AuraKnightAuraKnight Posts: 115 Member
    Ads have been pretty consistent for me, but I am away from the mainstream - Tasmania. Differs between devices - my phone, laptop and desktop PC seem to have different ad schedules and it will sometimes only work on one or two of them.

Once I get a blue button I duplicate about ten tabs and start clicking. More tabs than that usually results in too many failed ads, possibly due to timeouts. Almost back up to 5000 points again, which is great considering I bought Lucky Palms this week.

But sometimes the blue button just isn't there. You have to roll with that.
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    edited October 2016
    Just wanted to say thank you for this thread;)))) Thank you for the tip about 2000 free points;))) Now I only need 426 and I can finally have Aurora Skies;)) I still need to read the thread thoroughly but big hugs and thank you for creating it;))
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    A question about watching ads... where are they? I checked almost everything and can't see any blue buttons;((
    00.jpg

Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    AuraKnightAuraKnight Posts: 115 Member
    teaa5 wrote: »
    A question about watching ads... where are they? I checked almost everything and can't see any blue buttons;((

They can appear on almost every store page (Search results are one exception). If it appears, it'll be above the "Make Me An Offer" one.
  • Options
    AuraKnight wrote: »

They can appear on almost every store page (Search results are one exception). If it appears, it'll be above the "Make Me An Offer" one.

Thank you:)))
    00.jpg

• Options
    imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    Compilation

47%

Looking for the perfect costume for Halloween? Look no further! The No Tricks, Just Treats Costume Compilation includes costumes for Mom, Dad, and the kids! Brought together for the first time in a single set, these costumes are sure to be a hit at any party! Pirate, fairy, flapper or jester, the No Tricks, Just Treats Costume Compilation will ensure that everyone has the right outfit for the occasion.

Items in this set:
    (8 of 15 Items Owned) what the heck is going on with the store? Not in any math book I studied! 8 of 15= 47% ??
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    imdragonit wrote: »
    Compilation
    47%
    Looking for the perfect costume for Halloween? Look no further! The No Tricks, Just Treats Costume Compilation includes costumes for Mom, Dad, and the kids! Brought together for the first time in a single set, these costumes are sure to be a hit at any party! Pirate, fairy, flapper or jester, the No Tricks, Just Treats Costume Compilation will ensure that everyone has the right outfit for the occasion.
    Items in this set:
    (8 of 15 Items Owned) what the heck is going on with the store? Not in any math book I studied! 8 of 15= 47% ??
    @imdragonit I believe it doesn't go by the number of items but the value of them (how many simpoints they cost) so the 8 items you do own maybe 8 of the cheaper items in the set.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    @angeljess26 lol ty that must be it, was driving me nuts, now I can put it out of my mind :)
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    Happy Birthday, @Nonsequitorian! :*
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    edited October 2016

@teaa5 - Have you read this post on page 1 about the ad points. The blue box will pop up in the left navigation frame on any of the web pages in the Store section of the Sims 3 website. It appears in the space between the link to My Page Goodies and the Make Me an Offer link. The number of ads that will appear depends on your location and the number of sponsors in your area. After clicking on a page, leave the page open for about 20 seconds (you can move to another tab).

Browse for the ads on all pages under the Store section. That includes the main store page, wishlist pages, gifting pages, purchase history, Best Sellers, Complete Your Set, Make Me an Offer, Sale page, Daily Deal, the Shopping Cart, the content pages, and My Page Goodies.

Try different browsers and make sure you have any ad blockers turned off.

When I don't see ads when I am logged in I have found this tip by frozenorangejuic to work.
    Another tip for getting more ads is to use your browser in "incognito" mode (for chrome, not sure what it's called for other browsers). Or to clear your... cookies? (I think that's right) often. I'm not sure why it works but I've often found that in my regular browser I get no ads but then I open an incognito tab and there they are.

Open the private browser window but don't login until the ad appears. Click on the ad and sometimes the ad button will stay.

Just wanted to say thank you for this thread;)))) Thank you for the tip about 2000 free points;))) Now I only need 426 and I can finally have Aurora Skies;)) I still need to read the thread thoroughly but big hugs and thank you for creating it;))

Did you know that worlds sometimes come up on the MMAO machine for a bit of a discount? I see you have the points for the standard world. But did you know if you want the Gold version of a world, it is sometime cheaper to buy the standard world and the venue separately. That is the case for Aurora Skies. You save 342 sp buying the standard world and venue separately.

• Options
    imdragonit wrote: »

@imdragonit I believe it doesn't go by the number of items but the value of them (how many simpoints they cost) so the 8 items you do own maybe 8 of the cheaper items in the set.

Angeljess26 is correct. I thought I would add that the percent owned is the value of the items you own as a percent of the sum of the regular price of all the items (not as a percent of the set price which is less than the sum of the regular price of all the items).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top