Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do expansion packs work?

What I mean is, what if you have more than one expansion pack for The Sims 3 would all of the EPs be in one game?

For instance, right now I have the Into The Future EP but what if I were to buy the Pets EP would I be able to have pets and go into the future?

I have always been curious about how this works, because I've only ever had one EP in The Sims 3. Hopefully my questions make sense. :p
TS3 Username: XxEquestrian95xX
I became an
"own the store" member on February 27, 2016. Thank you so much, everyone!

Do you enjoy saving SimPoints?
If so, check out the following threads for more info
: Free Kids Items - Animals Abound Cascade CascadesDaily Deals ( DD Spreadsheet )

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif

Comments

• Options
    figmentzfigmentz Posts: 504 Member
    edited September 2015
    Yeah. You can use as many expansion packs at once as you like. I have almost all the expansion packs (only missing University and Late Night), and I've had an adventurer (from World Adventures) and a time traveler be sisters and take turns going to other countries and going to the future.
    simssignature_zpstlsaiz9k.jpg
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    If you have both expansions your household may have pets and travel to the future. The can't travel with their pets, however.
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    FrannyFranny Posts: 2,022 Member
    kusurusu wrote: »
    If you have both expansions your household may have pets and travel to the future. The can't travel with their pets, however.
    figmentz wrote: »
    Yeah. You can use as many expansion packs at once as you like. I have almost all the expansion packs (only missing University and Late Night), and I've had an adventurer (from World Adventures) and a time traveler be sisters and take turns going to other countries and going to the future.

Oh, that's great! I wasn't sure if the expansion packs would be separated or not, but thank you guys so much for confirming this. :)
    TS3 Username: XxEquestrian95xX
    I became an
    "own the store" member on February 27, 2016. Thank you so much, everyone!

Do you enjoy saving SimPoints?
    If so, check out the following threads for more info
    : Free Kids Items - Animals Abound Cascade CascadesDaily Deals ( DD Spreadsheet )

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    If you have played any of the other sims games with packs it works just the same. The game becomes quite massive with all packs installed and very fun. You might notice some lag after a few packs. The game can be pretty demanding for some computers.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    hellojewbyhellojewby Posts: 1,316 Member
    an expansion pack simply adds to your game. they expand your game with new game play and features. :) i've always had every expansion pack for every sims game. 1-4.
    let's be friends on origin: hello0jewby
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2015
    kusurusu wrote: »
    They can if the player doesn't mind installing NRaas Traveler. Just try to tell my sims, especially the strong athletic ones, that they have to leave their pets at home -- the results will not be pretty. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Franny wrote: »
    Oh, that's great! I wasn't sure if the expansion packs would be separated or not, but thank you guys so much for confirming this. :)
    Just a bit of a warning as you are, I believe, playing the Mac OS version of the game. Pets and Seasons can be killers on any version, but especially on Macs because of that version of the game's built in 2 GB RAM usage limit.

It shouldn't be unplayable, especially with only two EPs, but there may be some steps you have to take routinely to get the game to behave itself after a certain point.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/658546/latest-mac-help-threads-guides-please-start-here-before-posting-a-problem-updated-27-07-14/p1
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    HighRoller21HighRoller21 Posts: 23 Member
    > @Simasaurus09 said:
    > If you have played any of the other sims games with packs it works just the same. The game becomes quite massive with all packs installed and very fun. You might notice some lag after a few packs. The game can be pretty demanding for some computers.

LMAO!!! Sorry, but the last part of your comment really got me laughing cause with me, it is true. My game demands that my computer don't run any other program. :smile:
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got most of the collection installed though I'm still missing Ambitions and Showtime.I play on a laptop and have tons of Mods and CC with that collection and still only get fake lag when I forget to unpause my game and it's still loading up in about a minute on some older games like the Winfield one.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg