The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Delay in Availability?

I had understood that the game was coming out on Tuesday, June 1st. On the banner of the website however, the date is marked as June 4th. Can someone clarify for me?

Comments

• Options
    Emilywatson88Emilywatson88 Posts: 261
    edited May 2010
    It is coming out 1st June for US, 4th for UK. the link on the main page takes you to the UK page.
  • Options
    KukaaKatchou1KukaaKatchou1 Posts: 26 Member
    edited May 2010
    Thank you so much for the explanation! I'm really looking forward to the 1st and trying out all the new content :)
  • Options
    NicolenessNicoleness Posts: 268 Member
    edited May 2010
    It says that the game ships Jun. 1st, but what day will it actually get to the stores...?
  • Options
    timecatchertimecatcher Posts: 387 Member
    edited May 2010
    In the USA the game will be available and in stores on the 1st of June, whereas in the UK it wont be available untill the 4th in stores + preorders.

TC.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    no worries :) i'm excited too but won't be getting it until the 4th as i'm in the UK. not long to wait now!
  • Options
    StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited May 2010
    Here in the UK I have pre-ordered mine from Amazon. They estimate release on 4th to reach me by 7th!..... cant wait!!

I would like to know why we get it 4 days behind the US!!!!!
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Starbucaneer: it's because games for us are always released on a friday, whereas in the US it's always tuesday. its nothing personal, just the way it's always been!
  • Options
    gobot1236gobot1236 Posts: 569 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Because in the US, new games almost always come out on Tuesdays. And EA seems to like having games, at least with The Sims, come out all over the world in the same week.
  • Options
    SarahPumkinSarahPumkin Posts: 304 Member
    edited May 2010
    anybody know when it comes to New Zealand?
  • Options
    SimbologistSimbologist Posts: 5,287 New Member
    edited May 2010
    anybody know when it comes to New Zealand?

According to the EB Games NZ website it comes out on the 4th for New Zealand. For anyone who is interested the Australian date is the 3rd.
  • Options
    yamsi3567yamsi3567 Posts: 319 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I pre-ordered mine from Amazon with Release-Day delivery, so being in the US I will get it on the 1st.

Ya know it is really wild how a few people have stirred up this "it's gonna be delayed thing". I think some people are posting just to yank chains and be mean.

Yamsi