Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NECTAR MACHINE!

bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
for some reason i cannot get my nectar machine to make nectar. i always put in the six apples i know there, there, but the meu is still greyed out. ive tried reset, ive tried making a new game. ive also tried to tweet a guru. with no help. i wish they'd put it on things to be fixed for next update. but they wont. it was so much fun. i quit playing for a couple of months. before i could make it, now im back it wont work.~~~~
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

Hm this is strange. Do you use mods?
    In my game it works fine.
    It should ask for only three apples (not 6) to make apple nectar.
    Have you tried to place the nectar maker on a place with no objects around? Maybe something is blocking the way.
    Or try with another household/save/on another lot.
    758f213a5a665cf434a118d94cf3ad96aa534911.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    i was able to make nectar two months ago even with mods. when i came bk to play, i could not. as said before i tried reset, i tried new game, after new game. i put the six apples in and it does not show i did, so i added more, nothing. ive read other ppl have same problem, but no one listens. it is what it is.
  • Options
    just to say i did try ea's problem place and noticed several ppl with similar problems, to same. only the person who fixed problems was there, no guru's. and i also tried to leave messages to guru on twitter, before last update. obviously, they didnt seem to care or mess with it. it's some kind of clitch and im hoping some guru will read this and ck on the problem.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,457 Member
    I am a bit confused. The nectar making station doesn't require to put ingredients in, they have to be in the inventory of the sim that is making the nectar. Your description of putting ingredients into a machine sounds more like a juice fizzy station from eco lifestyle. I have read juice fizzing was bugged a little while ago. So just to be sure you are talking about nectar making from horse ranch?
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,481 Member
    edited February 20
    Have you tried playing without mods? It’s not clear to me whether you did or not.
    Before you reach out to EA and leave bug reports make sure you tested the Nectar Maker in a fully patched vanilla game.

I’m only leaving a comment here because the issue that you’re having sounds very familiar to me. In my case however, it is purely MOD - related.

I have a mod installed (not to be named here) that allows me to craft wine instead of nectar. Even with the correct amount of grapes and apples in a sim’s inventory, the crafting menu will remain greyed out unless you add YEAST. It’s easy to forget about it, but when you run out of this ingredient your sim won’t be able to use the Nectar Maker. You can buy yeast by clicking on the nectar maker, same way you’d purchase the other ingredients.

Does the above ring a bell? If not, be sure to completely empty your mods folder and test it again.

Good luck!

Edited for clarity.
    Post edited by CAPTAIN_NXR7 on
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,276 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I am a bit confused. The nectar making station doesn't require to put ingredients in, they have to be in the inventory of the sim that is making the nectar. Your description of putting ingredients into a machine sounds more like a juice fizzy station from eco lifestyle. I have read juice fizzing was bugged a little while ago. So just to be sure you are talking about nectar making from horse ranch?

Yes, I also think, Op is speaking of the juice fizzy station.

• Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,368 EA Community Manager
    edited February 20
    Please keep technical issues and bugs over on AHQ so we can track them appropriately.

You can find a link in my signature below.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top