Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There should be a costume outfit category.

Somehow we have a useless party outfit category that honestly could just be formal or casual, yet there's all these costumes that could be used for events, yet there's no costume outfit category.

Something your sims could automatically wear at geek con or other occasions like specific holidays such as halloween.

I honestly feel all those costumes thrown in are pretty useless as it is, why not have it in it's own category and actually find uses to go around in a mascot outfit, as Darth Vader, a robot or whatever?

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I wish sims could put together their own outfits for spooky day. I'm quite tired of the same few ones we have now. Costumes for GeekCon and a costume party event would be nice too.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I agree with this 100%! I remember the first time I had my sims have a Halloween Party I put them into costumes. When the party started they all changed into a different one! I was not pleased.
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    Add me to the list of people who wish they could pick their sims' costumes. Especially since a bunch of costume outfits aren't in the selection the game uses to generate costumes for holidays.
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    I was just going to ask if Sims could trick or treat. I've never seen spooky day show up on the Calander.
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    edited October 2023
    @ferret9005 There are two types of Halloween type events in Sims 4: Spooky Parties and spooky holidays. A Spooky Party is a social event that comes with the Spooky Stuff Pack. Just like a House Party or a Dinner Party, your active Sim has to host the event, it won't happen autonomously.

Spooky holidays are something that you can create in Seasons. By default there is no spooky holiday on the calendar. You have to select a season and a day of the week for it to take place. Then you pick out a name for the holiday and traditions that apply to it, this can include costumes, decorations, trick or treat, and other things. Once you've set that up, the holiday will come around every time that season happens. About trick or treating, I have a spooky holiday in one of my saves and the trick or treat activity seems to be glitched :(.

I would definitely like a costume outfit category that would apply to Geekcon, Incognito Costume Parties, Spooky parties and Seasons holiday costumes. Of course, if it's a designated category in CAS, you could just change into your costume on whim, which would suit some of my quirkier characters.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    Yes, please! My sims almost never use their party outfits, but I love to have them dress up in costumes!
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    thanks for the info Eleri
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    A costume category would be nice I had a costume party once and every Sim almost looked unrecognizable they really need to add costumes to the clothing category I won't even do those parties because the random outfits annoy me that much.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    Wholeheartedly agree. I would love a costume category so much.
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    I'd love to see a refresh of the Spooky Stuff Pack that adds the outfits that came with the pack to the choices under "wear costume..." It's way past time we had more to choose from than career uniforms and Star Wars characters.
  • Options
    brizgalbrizgal Posts: 147 Member
    I would love to see a costume tab - there are so many potential instances for wearing costumes in-game including costume parties, frat parties, Halloween and trick or treating, cosplay for city event, the seasonal events... I always tend to fill the last athletic and swim tabs with costumes which can be annoying when sim changes into a costume to go swimming…
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Oh, I'm so on board with these requests! I love to throw Spooky Parties and it kills me that the kids have only two costumes to choose from, which doesn't even make sense because the Spooky pack came with other options!

It's loooong overdue to update the costume options and add a CAS tab for them. And please, please, please unlock the Get Famous costumes, too. Some of my absolute favorites are in that pack and we don't even have a CAS cheat to unlock them unless we cheat the Acting career on a Sim in every household, which I really don't want to do. All of those beautiful costumes are just going to waste, sitting in CAS lockdown. 😭

Would really love a master CAS unlock as well, for all packs.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    MarteziaKingMarteziaKing Posts: 277 Member
    edited October 2023
    I mean, a costume category does seem nice in theory but I can see why there isn't one since most of the events in-game don't use costumes. Whenever I use the party category, it usual goes like this - 1. Normal Party - 2. Clubbing - 3. Costume - 4. Christmas Party. However, I still understand the situation with the Spooky parties where you already have a "costume" in the party category but your Sims still change regardless. It's frustrating and I can see why you guys want a separate category for costumes. 🙏
    Post edited by MarteziaKing on
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I would actually like more control of "situation outfits", whether they be costumes, festivals, other party events & careers. ;)
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I would actually like more control of "situation outfits", whether they be costumes, festivals, other party events & careers. ;)

Oh, definitely this! Situation outfits tend to be more a nuisance than immersion feature. I spend a ton of time in CAS, carefully choosing each Sim's wardrobe, only to have situational outfits come along and break character.

With so much customization now in CAS, I feel like we could really use some updates to allow players mote control over the appearance of our Sims.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Yes! Also I wish they would put out a costumes kit. It has been too long since we got new costumes, the toddler options are terrible and the infant options non existent.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I mean, a costume category does seem nice in theory but I can see why there isn't one since most of the events in-game don't use costumes. Whenever I use the party category, it usual goes like this - 1. Normal Party - 2. Clubbing - 3. Costume - 4. Christmas Party. However, I still understand the situation with the Spooky parties where you already have a "costume" in the party category but your Sims still change regardless. It's frustrating and I can see why you guys want a separate category for costumes. 🙏
    To be fair, you don't need hot or cold weather categories if you don't have Seasons. It's more of an immersion thing. Costumes are more niche, but you could still have a lot of use if they tinker with it
    • For GeekCon, non-played sims could appear in their costumes, instead of situational outfits.
    • Costume parties, or you could have a parent dress up as their child's favorite character for their birthday party
    • Spooky Day
    • You could dress up for other holidays
    • If the Magic Realm insists on giving our sims stupid situational outfits, at least coordinated costumes would fit in way better
    • Costume-based bar events
    • Fursuits and conventions, for when they release The Sims 4: Are You Fur Real? Game Pack
    • Sometimes you just want to lurk in areas while in a costume
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    MarteziaKingMarteziaKing Posts: 277 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    To be fair, you don't need hot or cold weather categories if you don't have Seasons. It's more of an immersion thing. Costumes are more niche, but you could still have a lot of use if they tinker with it
    • For GeekCon, non-played sims could appear in their costumes, instead of situational outfits.
    • Costume parties, or you could have a parent dress up as their child's favorite character for their birthday party
    • Spooky Day
    • You could dress up for other holidays
    • If the Magic Realm insists on giving our sims stupid situational outfits, at least coordinated costumes would fit in way better
    • Costume-based bar events
    • Fursuits and conventions, for when they release The Sims 4: Are You Fur Real? Game Pack
    • Sometimes you just want to lurk in areas while in a costume

I totally agree with you. 😌
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥