Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cape Albacore - A New TS3 Builder's Collaboration Base World

HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member
edited October 2023 in The Sims 3 World Builders

Welcome to Cape Albacore a world designed for a new TS3 builder's collaboration with a Cape Cod/Nantucket Island/coastal theme hosted by @soocoolsim , @Sandraelle and me Hidehi.

As EIG in CAW is still not working at the moment we have decided to again offer residential and community lots by various creators via the Exchange for simmers to download and add to this world and their games as required.

Please check out soocoolsim's thread in the builder's section of the forums for all the details about the collaboration and alerts to any new builds that are ready to be downloaded https://tinyurl.com/CapeAlbacore

We are also planning to make a save-game available when all the builds have been completed just like Sandraelle so kindly put together for our Disney Magic Kingdom Collab.

We are aware that the numbers of active TS3 simmers are dwindling quite fast but we very much hope that we can attract some interest from builders and/or decorators of all skill levels and we would love for you to join us for a bit of fun

Here are some screenshots just to give you an impression of Cape Albacore:

yFKlUWY.png
5Y7qmq5.png
YTRl8uD.png
B3bxI1u.png
YO7Mu10.png
kZt7Llu.png
Komat3m.png

PS: We thought that 'fishy' names are most suitable and fun for an island/coastal world and therefore decided to name our world 'Cape Albacore'
... by the way just in case you didn't know an Albacore is a species of tuna :D

Sandraelle gathered all the awesome names of different types of fish and other sea creatures for our lot addresses.
Enjoy exploring for example Blobfish Path, Flounder Way, Seahorse Boulevard or our favourite the Barracuda Highway 🐟🐠🐡

Thank you for your interest, enjoy Cape Albacore, have fun placing lots as they become available and above all 'Happy Simming'!

Comments

• Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    Loving the pics of your wonderful world @Hidehi . Thank you for creating this for our builders collab and pushing through all the challenges CAW posed. I'm looking forward to community participation to help bring Cape Albacore to life. Well done! <3:D
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,441 Member
    @Hidehi Wow, that looks amazing! Great job on the terrain painting and landscaping, especially. These are the things that can make or break a world.

Regarding renewing interest, one thing you can do, if you have the time, is to start putting out Sims 3 videos or contacting popular YouTubers who do Let's Plays. There are a growing number of hardcore Sims 3 players who are hungry for new content to do Let's Plays around, and these videos are doing a lot to lure Sims 3 players back in or keep the ones we have now.

As for the issue of EIG not working, you might want to try the eBay route of chasing down the hard copies of TS3 with the pre-Origin disc. I posted a tutorial here: https://www.thesimsdepot.com/sims-3/sims-3-help-center/how-to-join-the-1-67-club-or-downgrade-sims-3-to1-69-a-comprehensive-guide/

I know this isn't the most ideal solution, but it's the best insurance a person can have. I've heard of other methods of securing the disc version os the game *cough cough* but the problem is that piracy isn't a failsafe, either. All it does is buy you some time before there's a crackdown.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    ks0ks0 Posts: 44 Member
    Beautiful world.

ZsZoU8l.jpg
    UVYASQh.jpg
  • Options

@soocoolsim and also @Sandraelle thank you both for all your support! Without you Cape Albacore would have been pushed back to the bottom of the pile and probably never resurrected and finished. 🧡💛💙💜💚
  • Options

Thank you very much for all your encouragement @ts1depot !!!
    You are always here to give world creators great practical advice when we need it and that is most appreciated :D

I have been thinking about purchasing the disk version, especially as I have another couple of worlds that can only be finished with EIG working ... but to be honest I'm very reluctant to spend any more money on this game 🤔

• Options

Thank you so much @ks0 :)
    I am so glad that you are enjoying Cape Albacore (great screenshots by the way 😍) and that you have joined the collaboration again! Can't wait to see what lovely creations you will surprise us with this time :D

• Options
    edited October 2023
    Hidehi wrote: »

Thank you very much for all your encouragement @ts1depot !!!
    You are always here to give world creators great practical advice when we need it and that is most appreciated :D

I have been thinking about purchasing the disk version, especially as I have another couple of worlds that can only be finished with EIG working ... but to be honest I'm very reluctant to spend any more money on this game 🤔

Personally, it's not an issue of spending more money on the game but saving a lot of creative work that I don't want to lose. I have about six different worlds in limbo, and there's no way I could've abandoned them with the ridiculous amount of work, time and effort I had put into them.

Also, and not to get on a soapbox, buying the discs was a matter of principle for me. We all bought these games (not just The Sims but others) with the expectation that we'd be able to keep them forever and not have to worry about privacy issues or updates crippling key features. Unfortunately, the opposite was the case. They got us hooked on these third party clients as a convenience, then used them to start dictating how long we can play a game for, as well as demand that our computers have to be logged in and sending "data" for diagnostic purposes (hmmm).

So to me, it was about gaining back control and getting my system off The Matrix/the grid. I understand the logic behind refusing to put more money into the game, but remember that until a player severs ties with Origin or EA App, they don't own the game. They are just renting it. They are also giving EA access to their computers.
    Post edited by ts1depot on
    EiFlric.png
  • Options

Hi @ts1depot ,
    your argument about purchasing the game disks has been so convincing that I've checked around and managed to obtain most EP/SPs as disks already :) .
    My base game is the original 2009 release so there should be no problem staying on patch 1.67. Just need to download the right version of CAW and then fingers crossed all should be fine.

Very much hope to see your WIP worlds finished and on the Exchange in the not too distant future :D

• Options
    @Hidehi Glad to hear it! Hopefully, the EA App/EIG issue will be fixed, but if it's not, at least you'll have copies as insurance if EA finally decides to cripple CAW for good.
    EiFlric.png