Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maximum Sim Count

Does anyone know of the most recent limit on sims that are allowed in a save including My Households/Other Households - both in homes and Out of World?

I thought I read that the total cap was at 800 but that has been quite a while ago and I can't recall if it has been changed/updated since so many packs/worlds have been released since that number was given.

I currently have 667 but I don't want to see a mass culling event of all the sims that I have placed in this save file. Thanks in advance if you can share any information on this!

Comments

• Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,118 Member
    No idea. Mine is set to unlimited - and I've never run into any culling.
  • Options
    RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 135 Member
    I believe if you use mods like MCCC, you can set it so there’s no culling
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,961 Member
    Well, it depends on when you read it/when was the article published. Every game and expansion pack should increase the limit with the pre-pack patch.
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 622 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Well, it depends on when you read it/when was the article published. Every game and expansion pack should increase the limit with the pre-pack patch.

Yeah, I know - that's why I am asking - the 800 limit was a few expansion packs ago but I can't find anything more recent that says what the count might be. So far, I'm not seeing any losses but I've only started playing in this save.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited August 2023
    I've never read anything about the number being updated after the 800. That was around the time of Discover University.
    Given how wary the devs are of features that impact game performance (the newer worlds are all rather small because of this). It wouldn't surprise me at all if it still is 800.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 622 Member
    edited August 2023
    Well, I played in a totally vanilla game and after 3 days, the game deleted about half of the sims that I put in - I had a total population of 667 (in houses and not in world) and only 1 sim protected in my households. The sims in houses were left alone but after deleting all those sims that had npc jobs assigned the game still generated 19 train wrecks to take their place.

I see now why so many rely on the no culling feature of mods. All that work to download and place them in world and they were gone within 3 sim days. So sad.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 893 Member
    Did you play them at least once?
    I think if you play them, they become active households, so they are somewhat safe from the culling.
    I put it on unlimited, but keep my population around 200 or so, because I am afraid of losing any of my Sims. Unless, I purposely have them pass on from old age.
    I also keep separate save files, so I can keep my Sim at the 200-300 level.
    So far, overall, my played Sim population is in the hundreds between save files.